You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 22.

Saturday, March 4th 2023, 9:10pm

Author: Gheistlocke

is it possible for Aloods online to come back ?

I wrote a big ol' list of ideas on another post: Any Heart Left in Those Running This Game? Basically, they need to do 2 things and 2 things only. First, actually market the game somehow. If they have no budget, then shmooze low level and mid tier content creators with in-game goodies for that screen time. Second, they need to pry themselves away from the pay-for-power model and embrace monetization through pay-for-convenience and pay-for-customization. Look at games like Guild Wars 2 and Path o...

Saturday, March 4th 2023, 8:54pm

Any Heart Left in Those Running This Game?

This game, man... I keep coming back once or twice a year to peek over the fence and see what's going on. Hoping against reality that the p2p server will suddenly have just enough population that I can actually enjoy playing. And yeah, man... Don't even get me started on the PvP. I remember getting 1-shot at max level but still wanting to think the game was fun. "It's my gear" I told myself. "I just need to gear up". Months later I walk into a BG in full legendaries with a few mythics, my 5th pa...

Friday, June 19th 2020, 6:37pm

Game Crashing On Start Up

Hey guys. Trying to get back into some Allods but both the Steam version and the My download version boot up to a white screen then crash. I have tried going into the configuration files to check the fullscreen option like another post suggested but there was no effect.

Friday, March 4th 2016, 6:53am

Account Migration Problems. Need Solution Please!

Well, unfortunately they finally replied with a "sorry we can't help you". At least now I have an answer. I just don't understand. I know at least enough about how these games and their client/server relationships work to know that what I'm asking for is reasonable. I'm disappointed but there's not much else I can do. I like this game so much that it is actually with loathe and begrudging that I call my bank. It's purely a principle matter. Is that what my parents meant when they'd say "this hur...

Sunday, February 28th 2016, 10:41pm

Thanks for the support, Taleron. I think you are right. I like the Allods game a lot, however since it has gone to My.com there is a definite level of poor service that is obviously disrupting a much needed influx of players. At this point, the only thing keeping players away is the poor customer service, or lack thereof really. I wasn't going to do it originally but at this point, my guild and I are just plain upset that our money was taken, nothing was recieved in turn, and nothing was done to...

Sunday, February 28th 2016, 1:48am

Wow... I came back just to see and it has been 4 months... 4 MONTHS since I put this ticket in. How is this issue STILL not resolved? I was going to come back again, because my Allods Review videos from 4 months ago spiked by a few thousand views. I figured maybe people were going to give the subscription server a try. I will not come back until this is fixed. My friends and I each bought a month of game time THEN switched our old gPotatoe accounts over to My.Com. It deleted our subscription. We...

Saturday, October 24th 2015, 3:55pm

You know what, forget it. We've all uninstalled the game. We won't be back again. This customer service is absolutely unacceptable. There is no excuse for this. The way in which My.com merges accounts is obviously flawed, because characters and subscription times simply disappear through no fault of the user. You've wasted our time and stolen our money. I can't, in a civil manner, even begin to describe my level of frustration and disappointment. Epic fail.

Thursday, October 22nd 2015, 7:33pm

My ticket is: EUZ-652-95104 Character name: Gheistlocke My friend's ticket is: RJR-759-70866 Character name: Ghalleon Thank you so much for your time!

Thursday, October 22nd 2015, 2:41pm

Still waiting... I don't understand what the holdup is. Delete my old char and fix my buddy's subscription. It can't possibly be this difficult. It's just me and my buddy now. The rest of my guild has moved on. That's 7 other players lost to slow customer service. I'm pretty sure in all reality it's just me, and if I have to play alone I won't be here long. That's 9 players all together affected by this. That's $100/month worth of subscription fees wasted FFS. Is this the real reason Smuggler's ...

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 5:07pm

ALLODS: Breaking the "wow clone" trend and highlighting potential

Allods Player, you bring up so many good points, there. I whole heartedly agree with everything you've said with the exception of the runes. I'm no pro game designer, but I know from both personal experience and observation of others that it is not a good idea to give veteran players incredible power over new players. From what I understand, the rune system is tied into PvE balancing so it is an integral part of the f2p server. When they did the p2p server there was a lot of work done to rebalan...

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 3:32pm

Hey, I recently returned to Allods to try out the p2p server. I've talked my guild buddies into coming back as well. We've sent in tickets for this but it's been a week now, and there hasn't been any resolution. I have other players that were going to join but are now hesitating and losing interest. For me, personally, I had created a character on the p2p server with the original character name I use on all games I play. This character name is also connected to our gaming group and review videos...

Sunday, October 18th 2015, 9:24pm

Quoted from "Aionwen" Quoted from "Gheistlocke" Allods Online's biggest strength is its Astral Ship content *Hust* surely not, no further comments I should clarify: Allods Online's biggest strength when competing with other MMORPGs in a way that can make it stand out from the rest. Though that should have been apparent from the title. You don't think so, though? I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head... reincarnations maybe? Dominion perhaps? Yet I fell like these can be c...

Sunday, October 18th 2015, 5:37am

Playerbase & ways to drive them back

I've been thinking about this, too. I'd love to see an influx of new/returning players. Especially onto the p2p server. I wrote a more in depth post on the suggestion board the other day: http://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=9431 I threw this together as a rough draft last night. I cannibalized footage from my old reviews as well as added in new stuff and clips from trailers to make a "Why You Should Go Back To Allods" video showcasing 2 main points: 1.) Smuggler's Paradise and th...

Sunday, October 18th 2015, 5:07am

Here we go. I threw this together as a rough draft overnight. I cannibalized footage from my old reviews as well as added in new stuff and clips from trailers to make a "Why You Should Go Back To Allods" video showcasing 2 main points: 1.) Smuggler's Paradise and the abolition of p2w on it 2.) Astral Ship content showcased to rightly set Allods apart from the crowd My tools for making this are paint shop, windows movie maker, and an old headset so yes the quality is crappy. Anyone know if there ...

Friday, October 16th 2015, 9:32pm

Also... There is much talk of a lack of advertising, and this is 100% true. However, I would pose this: Allods Online is kept alive by a very loyal community. The people that continue to play genuinely love the game. In all reality, any given MMO is shaped not just by those that make it or run it but by those that play it. The most literal example being that with no players, you have no game. We can easily find deeper nuances, though. Perhaps it's time to put our money where our mouths are, so t...

Friday, October 16th 2015, 9:13pm

thing's that need to be done in allods online

I never understood the argument that Allods has "bad graphics". Have you ever stood on the hills of the Wild Isles and looked out into the astral as the music played, the soft twilight reflecting off the loose blades of grass blowing in the wind as a nearby astral ship passes by? It's downright breath-taking and I don't even care for graphics in a game. I got my start on MS-DOS so graphics are a take-it-or-leave-it icing on the cake. Have you ever looked out into the air astral or fire astral, o...

Friday, October 16th 2015, 8:58pm

Greetings My.com readers and fellow Allods fans, Surely this has all been said before, but I hope you will bear with me. Firstly, I'm going to state a fact stronger than opinion: Allods Online is perhaps the best designed tab-target MMORPG out there. Story, graphics, gameplay dynamic, music, originality... Allods has it all. The only problem is... The vast majority of people can't tell, even if they give the game a solid chance. Allods Online's biggest strength is its Astral Ship content. To thi...

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 2:08am

F2P vs P2P: Income loss from PvPers

Hello, I've played Allods off and on for years and years. When it was under gPotatoe I had a very successful leveling guild and made a review that was featured on the gPotatoe site. I've invested what I feel is a lot of time and money into Allods. It is an excellent game! That being said, when I quit it was because of the PvP. The runes made it impossible for entry level PvP on top of gear gap. A decently geared max level Psi in lvl 5-7 runes would get one shotted through Astral Body's damage ab...

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 1:57am

About PvP, Gear, skill and Runes

Quoted from "Bluescarlet" dont listen to the p2p flamers i agree with gear > all but playerskill can EASILY! surpass several rune lvl... ofc if you fight lvl 1 rune against lvl 13 its will be near to impossible... but if you go for average runes of lets say 7 you can even join the strongest guilds and win the hardest dominion... my tipp if you really want to play active on f2p buy the miraclious arc it gives you lvl 5 or 6 runes complete and the possibility to be lvl 60 instantly ( but not sure...

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 12:05am

I decide to give it a shot

bump for info on this I was going to try the p2p server in a few day, Imp side.