You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 4:42am

New player question

Hey, brand new to the game. Just curious, as I know Allods is a bit on the old side, is it still worth it for a new player to jump in? (Biggest concern is does it still get regular newcomers, or is it 99% end game?) I've seen on other posts that the community is active, but nothing about low level activity.

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 6:38am

I think it's fair to say it's largely endgame at this point, and if you're playing F2P you're going to be far behind others without spending a lot of money unfortunately. P2P is much friendlier to new players but the community is very small so you won't likely come across others leveling very often. Hope that helps~

Gumboots / Ceres

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 8:00am

I think it's fair to say it's largely endgame at this point, and if you're playing F2P you're going to be far behind others without spending a lot of money unfortunately. P2P is much friendlier to new players but the community is very small so you won't likely come across others leveling very often. Hope that helps~
Thanks. Do you think it's worth trying to catch up at all? Or should I pass on Allods and look for something newer? (I probably will spend at least some $ eventually if I stick around)

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 8:46am

Thanks. Do you think it's worth trying to catch up at all? Or should I pass on Allods and look for something newer? (I probably will spend at least some $ eventually if I stick around)

For me personally it's just too expensive to be competitive in F2P, it's about as P2W as it gets with all sorts of character upgrades being tied to gamble boxes and Rune upgrading, you could spend thousands of dollars and not max out your runes/upgrades so anyone who has been playing for years has that distinct advantage.

That said, if you don't care about being competitive or don't mind playing on the subscription server, the game itself can be a lot of fun with a good group of people :)

Gumboots / Ceres

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 9:30am

Cash shop now provides temporary artifacts that allow you to have rather decent (up to epic) level boosts: https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…ad&postID=89467

So effectively you can be competitive enough for any kind of end-game content having to pay 20EUR per month (and eventually turn the temporary boosts into permanent ones with the extra loot you receive for that 20EUR). If you can afford that, then you can try and see for yourself if playing Allods and spending more is worth it.

P.S. ppl fail badly at the game and they tend to blame cash shop for that. Dunno why, probably coz it's easy.

P.P.S. Imma keep reporting f-tards who gonna try to start another cry-me-a-river-of-bitter-whine about cash shop balance and all. There are lots of topics for that, please leave your whimpers there.

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 9:46am

Cash shop now provides temporary artifacts that allow you to have rather decent (up to epic) level boosts: https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…ad&postID=89467

So effectively you can be competitive enough for any kind of end-game content having to pay 20EUR per month (and eventually turn the temporary boosts into permanent ones with the extra loot you receive for that 20EUR). If you can afford that, then you can try and see for yourself if playing Allods and spending more is worth it.

P.S. ppl fail badly at the game and they tend to blame cash shop for that. Dunno why, probably coz it's easy.

P.P.S. Imma keep reporting f-tards who gonna try to start another cry-me-a-river-of-bitter-whine about cash shop balance and all. There are lots of topics for that, please leave your whimpers there.
Hell $20 isn't too big a deal. On F2P games that are worth it, I spend quite a bit more than that on average. The game itself seems pretty polished, and as long as there's at least some activity at the lower levels, I'll prolly go for it. (I can devote an insane amount of time to gaming these days, so doubt a lil cash-shop imbalance will cause a problem).

I am getting concerned though. Been watching chat, and it seems dead. As in, I didn't see a single "global" post the past few hours. Hopefully that's just due to it being limited to zone you're in or something?

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 11:35am

You can pay 20EUR a month for a temporary boost yes, however you still won't be on the same level as the veterans, and at that point you might as well just pay for a sub on P2P.

Please calm yourself down, they want an honest idea of what to expect and no-one here is crying but yourself apparently.

Gumboots / Ceres

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 12:22pm

I am getting concerned though. Been watching chat, and it seems dead. As in, I didn't see a single "global" post the past few hours. Hopefully that's just due to it being limited to zone you're in or something?
There are 2 F2P servers atm, New Frontier is active, don't know about the other one Equilibrium.

Please calm yourself down, they want an honest idea of what to expect and no-one here is crying but yourself apparently.
Exactly why I'm saying that those who play good can compete paying 20EUR per month.

And those who suck, like yourself apparently, will just keep blaming cash shop for their fails.

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 3:08pm

low-level activity: leveling! :P (there are also levelinggroups wich will do astralinstances with other players sometimes)
once you are maxlevel there are many other activities, the most popular are battleground (PVP), astral (PVE; gearup) and raids (PVE; gearup)

the 20€ package will make you strong, a skilled geared player with these items will perform like an undergeared player with all items

there are 3 servers:
New Frontier (Full)
Equilibrium (Empty, no battlegrounds pop)
Smugglers Paradise (Empty, no battlegrounds pop)

Empty means there are some players ofc but you wont notice them usually at all

i highly recommend you start on "new frontier" server!
once you are thee, visit the capital city (novograd - main square or nezebgrad - yaskers tower) to see the players, at ALL times

Exactly why I'm saying that those who play good can compete paying 20EUR per month.

And those who suck, like yourself apparently, will just keep blaming cash shop for their fails.

^this poster is wise, listen to him
in allods its common behavior among losers to blame the items from the itemshop for their bad performance
the only thing wich will really cause low performance is low gear, i can sing a song about that :whistling:
next season, 9.0, there will be a better gearing system i read. maybe its worth to do the full gearup then.... we will see

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 5:37pm

freestile

Professional

if the 20€ /month isn't a problem for you then i highly recommand going for the f2p rather than the p2p, you'll pay a bit more but will be much more likely to find people to play with (lvlup my reroll currently i'm finding people to do dungeons with quite easily) and you'll eventually as said earlier turn your temporary boosts into permanent ones making you an average (or a bit less than average depending on the pov's) cash shop wise so you'll be able to enoy the game to a decent lvl.

hope it helped :)

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 8:15pm

^this poster is wise, listen to him
in allods its common behavior among losers to blame the items from the itemshop for their bad performance
the only thing wich will really cause low performance is low gear, i can sing a song about that :whistling:
next season, 9.0, there will be a better gearing system i read. maybe its worth to do the full gearup then.... we will see

You can circle-jerk all you like but you can't change simple math. If player A and player B are equally skilled but player A has level 8 runes and player B has level 11's and every other cash item under the sun, that's a distinct advantage - or is that math too advanced? :rolleyes:
To add to that, as you've seen quite clearly here you will be ridiculed for pointing out said advantage, despite them having never met you, it's quite sad.

Gumboots / Ceres

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 9:21pm

You can circle-jerk all you like but you can't change simple math. If player A and player B are equally skilled
Now I wonder, what "simple math" allows measuring a player's skill with the accuracy high enough to determine the equity in it.

Could you share some formulas?

Or are you just being hypothetical? Just, you know, like all those "hypothetically skilled players" that have C$ as one and only excuse to not show that skill publicly.

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 9:32pm

Quoted from "lnferno"

You can circle-jerk all you like but you can't change simple math. If player A and player B are equally skilled
Now I wonder, what "simple math" allows measuring a player's skill with the accuracy high enough to determine the equity in it.

Could you share some formulas?

Or are you just being hypothetical? Just, you know, like all those "hypothetically skilled players" that have C$ as one and only excuse to not show that skill publicly.

/Whoosh
Yes lol it was a hypothetical, well done figuring that out.

Gumboots / Ceres

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 11:47pm

Lol arguing aside it seems if I'm willing to pay the 20 euros, it's worth it.
If not, surrender now for I'm doomed to die a horrible, painful death.

Thanks guys ^_^ and thanks for the laughs.

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 11:59pm

Hope you enjoy the game! Problems aside, it's a work of art :thumbsup:

Gumboots / Ceres

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 7:06pm

Thanks guys for advice. :thumbsup:
Just started to play. And I just got to the address.Sweet!
Good game to everyone. See you in the game.
The current build: i5 5530.Gtx 1060 ti,16 gb ram ddr3.
Upgrade in the spring of 2018: CPU-Rayzen 7 1700,MB-Gigabyte GA-AB35- Gaming 3(5),RAM-DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 16 gb 3200 MHZ.
My development.Current in BETA

Friday, November 24th 2017, 2:31am

8 servers merged a few years ago and 80% of players quit since then and game is loosing more players day to day. The main reason is unbalanced p2w system. The most expensive game ever!!!

Only these kind people(who are giving advices to you) left behind since merge. ofc they say "this game is the best game" or some good things because they spent so much money and a big part of their life. They already know they wasted their money and lots of time for this game. They are afraid of loosing everything they spent and they are hoping that this game can stay alive.

ignore them!

and start playing. 20€ is not so much. dont buy anything except that 20€ package for a while. Just try and see if it's worth.
btw dont buy that package before 75 level. you ll get a coupon at 75. you can buy this package for 10€ with this coupon. it's just for 1 time thing.

if you spend more at the beginning, you will become one of them. we will see 1 more desperate Allods Online player...

Have fun ;)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Mockery" (Nov 24th 2017, 2:45am)

Friday, November 24th 2017, 3:09am

8 servers merged a few years ago and 80% of players quit since then and game is loosing more players day to day. The main reason is unbalanced p2w system. The most expensive game ever!!!

Only these kind people(who are giving advices to you) left behind since merge. ofc they say "this game is the best game" or some good things because they spent so much money and a big part of their life. They already know they wasted their money and lots of time for this game. They are afraid of loosing everything they spent and they are hoping that this game can stay alive.

ignore them!

and start playing. 20€ is not so much. dont buy anything except that 20€ package for a while. Just try and see if it's worth.
btw dont buy that package before 75 level. you ll get a coupon at 75. you can buy this package for 10€ with this coupon. it's just for 1 time thing.

if you spend more at the beginning, you will become one of them. we will see 1 more desperate Allods Online player...

Have fun ;)
oh come, all this "unbalanced" complaints...
if its sooooo unbalanced how can it be a free player can be on top?
how can it be casual-donators are on top?
how can it be top-donators not beeing on top?
how can it be the sooooo greatly balanced subscriptionserver is so empty normally PVP never pops?

usually losers take the itemshop as an justification for being losers and players who dont userstand how strenght is built up in allods (see here for a complete summary https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…ad&postID=81034)
ive seen enough players with only basic items / runes who still dominated in PVP "like a boss" (and yes, even against top-donators)
but since those who dont donate and dont farm usually also have bad gear it might look like its the runes or items which cause the power
(and also often the hardcore-farmers and top-donators have good gear, its rare to see one of these in low gear)

so the ones to ignore are those who constantly complain about the itemshop without understanding the whole system at all

you forget that there is more than "sunken costs" that keep players in this game
i played 4+years without any donation but still gained every item that matters and level 9 runes;
there are plenty of players who would not mind stamping the money they sent to the game as "a good time but over" if they would no longer like to play

or you think someone who sent 30$ to a game will play it forever because he otherwise feels bad? 8o there are many ppl who buy games for much more and never play them at all without regretting it, they have money but not much time and they are collectors, but we get too far away from our actual topic now

... do you really think ppl just play this game because they have donated...? thats not true, at least not for most
actually its otherwise, exactly this is 1 of the the reasons why allods is awesome... you do NOT need to pay for a fixed time and when you feel like not playing your subscription runs out while not playing
(ofc you can get timed items and subscription but these are OPTIONS and not the only way)

Friday, November 24th 2017, 3:31am

you are using too artsy words as the most incompetent player of this game(despite of all those cs).

it was not a complaint, it was a determination.
all those people who quit the game would be here if you were right...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mockery" (Nov 24th 2017, 3:39am)

Rate this thread