You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:13pm

Pro/Contra List - Subscription-Server

So there it is, the finished Pro&Contra list

I made this list to help new players and veterans that are coming back but are unsure about what server they shall play on; there is little info about the differences regarding the subscription-server, so i decided to make a detailed pro & contra list so everyone can see himself what is fitting best his wishes / expectations of this great game

I recommend you read through this so you can decide whether its OK for you or not
Personally, i play over 2 years now on the free server, i buy things there only with gold and use no real money
On the forum, it is often stated, that the subscriptionserver gives a whole new Allods-experience and so i decided to test this server again while it was free for a month

Before i start with the actual PRO& CONTRA list i will list some perceptions i made while playing on the subscription-server

Not having these things reduced my experience in a notable way, other than on free to play server it is NOT possible to get them just by gold or BC (BlueCrystals; you can get them either for gold or for $ / € )
Some of them are not available at all, some are only handed out during ultra-rare events and some of them require a LOT more effort than on the free server

this list is to know what will be missing and /or completely different in comparison to the free server (simple list)

• + FAST Mounts (no, 12m/s is NOT fast!) ---> but there is a catmount available thats not incredibly slow, however you must do a raid first to get it... so you are dependent on a lot of ppl to get it
  • + Speedboost & Invisibility for mounts (mounts are so slow they would really need the galopp-boost and not beeing able to reset mobs while leveling with invis is unpleasent too)
  • + Astral Servant (i heared 2 or 3 ppl got it from some ultra-rare event)
  • + Statpoints (only 20/25 available)
  • + Talenpoints
  • + Rubies
  • + Defensive Statpoints ("conclave")
  • + Proper Trinkets
  • + Multiple Reincarnations (there was an event where players got 1 additional reincarnation, but those who missed it wont get it)
  • + Decent Bag (no i am not willing to do astral/raids first to store basic items, you really need to do a RAID before you can have a decent bag)
  • + Endless Respec Talents/Stats (no matter how long you play it will never be free on payserver, so those who like experimenting with builds will suffer)
  • + No Matrial-Looter (Herbalism/Mining; -> Handworks are pointless without them; effort > time)
  • + Auction House is almost useless on payserver -> Farming gold is inevitable -> you PAY and have to farm?! thats a bad joke, i want either pay OR farm, but not both, lol
  • + Lootpet is available very late, if i pay i am not willing to play until coba without lootpet!!
  • + Mercenaries still cost gold, if i pay monthly i want free mercs! --> maybe this is solved with version 6.0? mercs still cost gold but i read this will be fixed on BOTH servers in a future patch

so now, beside from the list what is not available, here is the comparison of PROs and CONTRAs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRO & CONTRA list regarding Subscription server

:) PRO:
  • - even if its a PAYserver you can still play here for FREE if you trade gold from the free server for BC with its exchange NPC!
  • - PVP against strong players will theoretically be easier since the only notable difference between players will be gear, and thus catching up will be easy even for new players
  • - you dont have to worry about various improvements, making the game easier to learn overall
  • - you start with the best additional earring-slot (orange)
  • - leveling is faster due to additional exp
  • - class-change ("coremorpher") is easy to access and available to everyone
  • - gear-related progress will be faster since there is no thinking about whether to uncurse upgraders or trow them away and save the gold
  • - Patronage always active and mount never hungry; -> no need to ever do "daily customers quest" which earns incense and mountfood

:| CONTROVERSIAL:
  • - you have Plenty of time to gear without worry about farming gold (this can be seen negative too, because everything is done fast and then you are without a goal)
  • - you will relatively fast reach a point where the development of your char has reached a maximum and there is nothing else you can do to make it any stronger (this can be seen positive too, some ppl are happy when they are "done" with the game)

:( CONTRA:
  • - many mounts from free server are not available at all during normal gameplay, especially the fastest ones may be missed by normal players (pegasus for example); and those who are available, like astral cat from ancient mount raid take a lot of effort & the help of other players to get... its good that these mount exist at least, but getting them is very, very troublesome
  • - the astral servant (goblinbanker) is not available
  • - the starting-bag is much smaller than on free server, this is an issue while leveling
  • - some talentpoints / offensive statpoints / defensive statpoints / rubies that are never possible to get at all
  • - due to " invisible fixed runes" and no patronage 5 (except in raids!) you can never achieve the same damagelevel against mobs like you can on free server
  • - you can never have more than 1 reincarnation, this means if you want a different reincarnation skill you have to delete your former reincarnation
  • - you are dependent on other players to raid with you in order to get a big bag
  • - it will never be possible to get free respec for your char, it will always cost gold
  • - No Matrial-Looter (Herbalism/Mining; -> Handworks are pointless without them; effort> time)
  • - due to the lack of serveral items there is far less traffic on auction house; this way there is far less possibility to gain profit with auctions
  • - even that you pay, you still have to play a very long time until you get the loot-helper
  • - many costumes are not / never available
  • - if you play for a long time and invest a large sum of money this way it would be easier to invest this money into free server to get instant acces to some helpful items
  • - its impossible to ever use the racial skills of other races by learning them from the book of secrets since this item does not exist at all; therefore if you like a race for its look this decision might interfere with choosing the "best" racial skill
  • - you still have to grind in some areas, coba plateau for example
  • - due to endless bless there will never be the possibility to CC a player for long time, this way all longterm CCs are less worth

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope this list made it easier for you to decide whether subscription-server is pleasent for you or not :)

This post has been edited 20 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Apr 29th 2015, 12:32am) with the following reason: title/thread creation/removing quotes adding info after free month on subscription server

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:22pm

+ FAST Mounts (no, 12m/s is NOT fast!)
13.98 and mounts are getting faster
+ Astral Servant
we all beg for these (jokingly) but we can live without them
+ Statpoints (only 20/25 available)
this makes the game stupidly easy and lets you mindlessly put stats into anything you wish
+ Talenpoints
this makes the game stupidly easy and lets you mindlessly put talents into anything you wish
+ Rubies
dont need more.. make strategic decisions about your build
+ Defensive Statpoints
don't need
+ Proper Trinkets
don't need
+ Multiple Reincarnations
definitely don't need
+ Decent Bag (no i am not willing to do astral/raids first to store basic items!)
i have a 54 slot bag, bigger than my f2p character... l2work for your stuff (which i know you like to do)
+ Endless Respec Talents/Stats (no matter how long you play it will never be free on payserver :S)
makes you think twice of what build you want
+ No Matrial-Looter (Herbalism/Mining; -> Handworks are pointless without them; effort> time)
lets materials actually have a price instead of not being existent on the ah
+ Auction House is almost useless on payserver -> Farming gold is inevitable -> you PAY and have to farm?! thats a bad joke, i want either pay OR farm, but not both, lol
auction house is not useless
+ Lootpet is available very late, if i pay i am not willing to play until coba without lootpet!!
that's your loss
+ Mercenaries still cost gold, if i pay monthly i want free mercs!
that's just you being entitled, farm some gold you should know better than anyone else

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:23pm

and by this you mean:

"Items unavailable on the Subscription server

1. 5th level of Patronage
2. Elixirs
3. Additional rubies provided by Pages from Great Mage's Diary
4. Additional skill points provided by Scrolls of the Sacrament
5. Emblems of the Wrathful Wizard
6. Mount spells and Patronage spells
7. Battlemounts
8. Amalgam Catalysts
9. Quest lines with Astral gemstones (Lapis Lazuli, Topaz, Chrysolites) from class trainers
10. Mana Batteries, Thunderstrikes and Turrets
11. Curse removal
12. Experience boosters
13. Quest Log expansion
14. Universal Reagents for crafting
15. Mystery Seal
16. Class abilities unlock
17. Additional Reincarnations
18. Horn of War and premium chats
19. June Coins
20. Some Mount Colour Patterns from the Boutique
21. Most of the decorative items from the Boutique
22. 2nd and 3rd crafting profession unlock
23. Mount feed and additional Stable Slots
24. Keys for chests
25. Master Goblin and its duplicates from Strongboxes
26. Coupons
27. Specks of Light
28. Ship Consumables
29. Magic Ink.
"

Ohhh i'm such an incomplete player without these stuff that sent away hundreads of players... Oh my god... How will i make Eclipse without, i don't know... maybe this:
18. Horn of War and premium chats?????
23. Mount feed and additional Stable Slots???????

And btw, ill take this to explain some stuff:

1. 5th level of Patronage - Useless in P2P.
2. Elixirs Useless in P2P. Required in P2W
3. Additional rubies provided by Pages from Great Mage's Diary You get them in P2P.
4. Additional skill points provided by Scrolls of the Sacrament You get them in P2P.
5. Emblems of the Wrathful Wizard You have epic on P2P
6. Mount spells and Patronage spells You have them in P2P. Not the rank 2 but isn't a lethal think is it?
7. Battlemounts You have them in P2P.
8. Amalgam Catalysts Useless in P2P.
9. Quest lines with Astral gemstones (Lapis Lazuli, Topaz, Chrysolites) from class trainers Useless in P2P.
10. Mana Batteries, Thunderstrikes and Turrets Useless in P2P. P2W item.
11. Curse removal Guess why you don't have these???? Yes, you don't have cursed items in P2P -.-
12. Experience boosters You don't have them in P2P. But...... You have 30% on exp ALWAYS + 10% from Flag of war -> i NEVER farmed a level....
13. Quest Log expansion Useless in P2P. You don't need to keep hundreds of quests since this isn't old experience system.
14. Universal Reagents for crafting You have everything you need for a balanced crafting system. 3 days i made Alchy 60, got second profession and in 2 hours made level 60 Tailoring ( i had the components from leveling, so, all by myself)
15. Mystery Seal Useless in P2P. You do the quests, they are easy and get you experience.
16. Class abilities unlock Useless in P2P. It's a P2W thing. You can buy a class ability why should reincas exist^^
17. Additional Reincarnations Could be good in P2P. We have just one.
18. Horn of War and premium chats Useless in P2P. I don't feel a bigger player if on top of my char head i have some fairy bubbles to say what i can without this.
19. June Coins Could be good in P2P, not a requirement.
20. Some Mount Colour Patterns from the Boutique 1 or 2 mounts unavailable in P2P? Yes, if you don't possess 123123 mounts while 23123 of them have same speed and same skills you won't be a successful player.
21. Most of the decorative items from the BoutiqueNo comments...
22. 2nd and 3rd crafting profession unlock You can have 2 and really need more? Alchy for pots and Inspiration for crafting profession. AH and mates will complete the rest. Plus, you can make what others can with recipes so... Useless^^
23. Mount feed and additional Stable Slots You have 10 slots for mounts, patterns doesn't occupy slot. You can increase it by doing some turns in Tka-Rik cave and get unlocks.
24. Keys for chests No comments...
25. Master Goblin and its duplicates from Strongboxes This could be useful yes. But it's necessary or did we became lazy by it just to go to bank or next NPC to sell? Tho the TP option could makes it's use...
26. Coupons Useless in P2P.
27. Specks of Light Useless in P2P. P2W item
28. Ship Consumables Useless in P2P.
29. Magic Ink. Useless in P2P.

Well i'm off...

Cheers
Retired...
New life till 7.0

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Mar 5th 2015, 2:45pm) with the following reason: removing quotes

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:24pm

Achilles

Intermediate

You're blind, you forget some people NEVER even had these CS luxuries, why on earth would they miss stuff that they never had?

-Astral servant I never had - I don't miss
- Statpoints - I only ever had 10 on f2p and get double that on P2P
- Rubies + talents, we have like 2/3 less than the maximum possible on f2p, no big deal, everyone has the same amount on P2P so no one is at a disadvantage.
- Defensive statpoints, no one has them on P2P so no advantage is gained or lost. Again never had on F2P so don't miss.
-Proper trinkets, the CS trinkets are just retardedly OP - never had and don't miss nor did i ever feel the need to obtain one.
-Multiple reincs, in 6.0 P2P will have 2 reinc slots, why do you need more than 2? You don't simple.
-Decent Bag, easily obtain with little effort required, and plenty big enoug. My P2P bag is bigger than my F2P bag.
Endless respec, We have them, 4k gold is nothing to respec
-No looter, possibly the only thing i miss about f2p
-Mercs, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN USING THEM? Seriously, if you're doing astral with mercs, lel.

Things that I have on P2P that I never had on F2P

Big Bag
Fast Mount
Plenty of time to gear without worry about farming gold
best ear slot already unlocked
astral trinket
Patronage always active
More stat points than I had on F2P
More Rubies and Talents than I had on F2P

What I had on F2P
---A shit time.

You see, there are many things that provide for an overall better experience than playing on F2P especially if people never had the CS items in the first place. Oh btw, mounts are 13.98, not 12. Please learn the specifics before you comment and make yourself look like a fool.
Achilles | Mage | Avarice
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▌█▀█─█─█─▀█▀─▀█▀─█─█─█─█─█▀█─▀█▀▐
▌█▀▄─█─█──█───█──█▀█─█─█─█▀▄──█─▐
▌▀▀▀─▀▀▀──▀───▀──▀─▀─▀▀▀─▀─▀──▀─▐
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Mar 5th 2015, 2:43pm) with the following reason: removing quotes

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 2:40pm

P2P PROs/CONs list - work in progress

Hello,

So let's try to make something clear and as "objective" as possible, with What you can find and what you won't on P2P server.
Here's 4 messages that can be used for a start.

The goal is to add the final message to the FAQ so that we won't read the same discussion over and over ;).
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 2:47pm

PS: original messages are from this topic
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 2:51pm

AOP should try to leave his bias out of the cons.

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 3:01pm

IAmGroot

Professional

actually not having these things would reduce my experience in a notable way

its much more that is missing...
i will copy the list once more, just for those who are new so they can decide whether its OK for them or not

what is missing on payserver:

+ FAST Mounts (no, 12m/s is NOT fast!) ---> but there is a catmount available thats not incredibly slow, however you must do a raid first to get it... so you are dependent on a lot of ppl to get it
If you never had a faster mount than what they have on there, you wouldn't notice a difference. Therefore, I think this point (for new players) is useless.
+ Astral Servant
Again, without ever having it before, you wouldn't notice. That being said.....I don't know how any of the previous F2P players that now play on the P2P server can play without this...It's simply ... game changing.
+ Statpoints (only 20/25 available)
Doesn't matter if all are equal.
+ Talenpoints
This is SOMEWHAT true, as it limits people to "lesser quality" builds in my opinion. You must go ONE path instead of having multiple useful things on your character. Missing 6 talents...is kind of a big deal. But again...if you never had it...you wouldn't know the difference.
+ Rubies
Exact same thing as talent points.
+ Defensive Statpoints
Exact same thing as talent points and bonus rubies.
+ Proper Trinkets
If we could turn back time...jesus man...This is one of the biggest cash shop NOPES in this game. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. I wish this was NEVER introduced. I LOVED having a piece of gear like that, a trinket, be a random and VERY DIFFICULT drop to get. I loved farming for my + 100 intelligence or whatever item that was the trinket from DFR. I loved that, but now it's a requirement to have the cash shop trinket. This...ugh I hate this stupid trinket.
+ Multiple Reincarnations
O.o? You can't have more than 1 reincarnation? If that's true.....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sorry but ewwwwwwwww that would bother the absolute hell out of me. Is this for real? =\ Ugh...
+ Decent Bag (no i am not willing to do astral/raids first to store basic items!)
This is actually a reasonable gripe. There is so much trash loot and quest items that your bag does fill up very fast. I do think that the P2P server should start +1 or +2 bag slot sizes up from the F2P server to make up for this.
+ Endless Respec Talents/Stats (no matter how long you play it will never be free on payserver :S)
I think someone stated that it costs 4,000g to respec...that seems like about 30 minutes of farming...so I don't think that's an issue at all.
+ No Matrial-Looter (Herbalism/Mining; -> Handworks are pointless without them; effort> time)
Yeah...this is really silly to not have this. But to be fair, for the longest time...we did NOT have this and we all lived. So...I guess this one is a "suck it up, buttercup" situation.
+ Auction House is almost useless on payserver -> Farming gold is inevitable -> you PAY and have to farm?! thats a bad joke, i want either pay OR farm, but not both, lol
For the longest time all I did was farm the auction house and farm mobs in KoE (before they broke KoE) so ... again ... this is completely personal preference and I don't agree with your preference.
+ Lootpet is available very late, if i pay i am not willing to play until coba without lootpet!!
At least it's available, and to be honest...coba is only level 31-34...so that's not that long to wait. You're starting to get REALLY petty with your gripes.
+ Mercenaries still cost gold, if i pay monthly i want free mercs! --> maybe this is solved with version 6.0? i dont know
Again, getting petty. They have to have gold sinks in the game, aside from upgrading gear. This is one of them.
All in all, AOP has a FEW reasonable answers, but for the most part...p2p sounds great IF YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED ALLODS BEFORE.

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 3:06pm

I think the biggest thing for the P2P server is fairly obvious and it should be mentioned right in the beginning of the FAQ post.
Which would be the fact that you can't purchase any form of advantage over your enemies. Aside from the gear and class differences everyone has pretty much the same chances, whether the person has played 3 years or 3 months.

But I'll mentiont he things that somewhat put me off when playing on P2P:
  • No one week or XX level limit trial without subscription. That's a major problem for both the players and the game itself.
  • Lack of players
  • Small quest log and bag in the very beginning

Also there're some luxury and vanity items missing that are present on the "F2P" server. I understand they want to keep the charm of the "F2P" server as well, so maybe it's not necessarily a bad thing to keep it somewhat distinguished.
From what I heard but I didn't have much experience with, the P2P server doesn't really get as many events as the "F2P".
One more thing that's not server related is that the support is awful.

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 3:22pm

@ Antagonizer

by Antagonizer: "No one week or XX level limit trial without subscription. That's a major problem for both the players and the game itself. "

by me: This is a pay server. C'mon... you really can't ask for a payserver where you can play freely.... 1 week is perfectly good since is just a teaser not a voucher^^

by Antagonizer: "Lack of players "

by me: This sure wouldn't appear in any game website... If you came up to P2P, and all that complain about population, than really it will be low.

"Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much." --Helen Keller
"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success." --Henry Ford
"Unity is strength. . . when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved." --Mattie Stepanek
(things u made me search^^=

by Antagonizer: "Small quest log and bag in the very beginning"

by me:Here i agree and add rank 2 mount and loot pet at level 10. But this is for suggestions section...

by Antagonizer: "Also there're some luxury and vanity items missing that are present on the "F2P" server. I understand they want to keep the charm of the "F2P" server as well, so maybe it's not necessarily a bad thing to keep it somewhat distinguished."

by me: This is what separates both servers... you have the content all role playing thinguies... If you want vanity and P2W items then chose F2P server. PLus, you have plenty of vanity items in P2P.

by Antagonizer: "From what I heard but I didn't have much experience with, the P2P server doesn't really get as many events as the "F2P". "
by me: Explain?
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Friday, March 6th 2015, 9:34am

Friday, March 6th 2015, 10:46am

16. Class abilities unlock Useless in P2P. It's a P2W thing. You can buy a class ability why should reincas exist^^
Hmm i remember class/race abilites unlock was about getting all race specific skills for classes. So xada, gibbis scouts can use orc leap skill.
Ofc they shared cd. Missing this item on P2P make actually PVP not equal(some races have better racial skills than others). I remember old OP druid racial(you call your pet from ghost form with full hp and energy, pet died->use racial->pets back).

Also reincs skills and racial skills are different.

Friday, March 6th 2015, 5:04pm

Missing this item on P2P make actually PVP not equal

It will simply never be a server for you... You want P2W stuff stay in F2P... Dam.. .Is always this, and that, and what else everyone can remember... If you prefer to have a million stuff just because they are in F2P (which was the coz of game failure and trying to be restored with P2P) just pls, STAY IN F2P...

This skills are called RACIAL SKILLS for some reason. If you think they are so unbalanced, just pick that you think its OP and go to that race and faction... Problem solved!!!!!

Ppl sometimes just like to scream "im here, im here"...
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Friday, March 6th 2015, 6:15pm

Missing this item on P2P make actually PVP not equal

It will simply never be a server for you... You want P2W stuff stay in F2P... Dam.. .Is always this, and that, and what else everyone can remember... If you prefer to have a million stuff just because they are in F2P (which was the coz of game failure and trying to be restored with P2P) just pls, STAY IN F2P...

This skills are called RACIAL SKILLS for some reason. If you think they are so unbalanced, just pick that you think its OP and go to that race and faction... Problem solved!!!!!

Ppl sometimes just like to scream "im here, im here"...
Hmm so you cant tell me why this item isnt on P2P server, also how item which give all race same racial skills is P2W?
I find always some1 point out some items, which are missing on P2P server without any reason(manuals for loot pet, other loot pets, mounts, racial skills scroll), ppl from P2P server write we dont want P2W stuff. Funny is not even 1 of these items are P2W stuff.
You find a lot other mmos have racial skills +- useless, its only minor bonus, so they dont want force ppl play 1 races over other.
Reason why they add racial skills scroll was to not force ppl play 1 race over other and ofc on F2P to make money.

I like orc emotions menu(cry, beg, wave and so on), but i dont want leap racial skill for orc scout.

If you explain to me how(sorry but only "its P2W stuff" isnt enough) are other loot pets, manuals for them, racial skills scroll and more mounts(even PVP mounts without skills) P2W win stuff i admit my mistake and apologize

Friday, March 6th 2015, 10:07pm

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

No one cares what you think Allods-Online-Player your F2P not P2P so stop talking about it and let new players try it out rather then listen or read about you downing P2P
Smugglers Paradise

Friday, March 6th 2015, 10:21pm

No one cares what you think Allods-Online-Player your F2P not P2P so stop talking about it and let new players try it out rather then listen or read about you downing P2P

since you post here it seems you care LOT about what i think
even with having my main chars on free server i still can post info about payserver too, whether you like it or not :P

btw making a pro & contra list is not "downing", its stating facts, i hope you know the difference

downing is what several players here do, they write how *** the game is and how *** this and that is and everything is *** just because you really have to play a bit before you have everything and because a veteran is superior to a rookie :rolleyes:

if you want to help stating facts for new players, pls post a few pros (or cons ) regarding payserver that i do not have in my current list in the 1st post

Missing this item on P2P make actually PVP not equal(some races have better racial skills than others)

i really wonder why noone already complained how terribly imbalanced this is /sarcasm ;)
I like orc emotions menu(cry, beg, wave and so on), but i dont want leap racial skill for orc scout.

this is a very good point though, i have never thought about this; also the argument its a "pay to win" item is invalid since these skills do not decide about victory or lose, but they still add comfort & make playing a class more thrilling
if this item would be available to EVERY player on payserver for example after doing XY it would not be "Unfair" at all :)

AOP should try to leave his bias out of the cons.

i have no "bias" i just wrote down what came to my mind with my current knowledge
you are welcome to contribute by adding pros and cons that come to your mind that i dont already have written there

1. 5th level of Patronage - Useless in P2P. how is it useless? killings mobs more efficient & doing more heal is useless?
2. Elixirs Useless in P2P. Required in P2W its helpful but not required at all, lol... i have never bought ANY elixier, its a waste of gold
3. Additional rubies provided by Pages from Great Mage's Diary You get them in P2P. you dont get all of the extra rubies, just some, right?
4. Additional skill points provided by Scrolls of the Sacrament You get them in P2P. you dont get all of the extra rubies, just some, right?
5. Emblems of the Wrathful Wizard You have epic on P2P and this means another lack of damage
6. Mount spells and Patronage spells You have them in P2P. Not the rank 2 but isn't a lethal think is it? having no galopp is a real PAIN with the already sluglike mounts on payserver; while having no invis at all also takes out a lot of options in game
7. Battlemounts You have them in P2P. where do you have them? wraith and rumble are available? how to get them?
8. Amalgam Catalysts Useless in P2P. additional amalgam is useless? (i never use this item but i would not call it useless)
9. Quest lines with Astral gemstones (Lapis Lazuli, Topaz, Chrysolites) from class trainers Useless in P2P. additional rubies are useless? why not make it available to do it manual but with 100% chance of getting a gem?
10. Mana Batteries, Thunderstrikes and Turrets Useless in P2P. P2W item. if everyonce can have it its not "unfair p2w"
11. Curse removal Guess why you don't have these???? Yes, you don't have cursed items in P2P -.- logical, yes
12. Experience boosters You don't have them in P2P. But...... You have 30% on exp ALWAYS + 10% from Flag of war -> i NEVER farmed a level....thats nice
13. Quest Log expansion Useless in P2P. You don't need to keep hundreds of quests since this isn't old experience system. beeing able to take more Q is never useless and i really dont see why Qlog isnt simply enlarged on payserver by default
14. Universal Reagents for crafting You have everything you need for a balanced crafting system. 3 days i made Alchy 60, got second profession and in 2 hours made level 60 Tailoring ( i had the components from leveling, so, all by myself) especially with the lack of loot-helpers this would be useful , why not selling it from NPC for gold...?
15. Mystery Seal Useless in P2P. You do the quests, they are easy and get you experience. its not funny to do greatness & all the raids a 2nd time on a reinc should also be available for gold or something
16. Class abilities unlock Useless in P2P. It's a P2W thing. You can buy a class ability why should reincas exist^^ class-skills =/= racial skills
17. Additional Reincarnations Could be good in P2P. We have just one. totally agree, there should be possible as many reincs as classes are there!
18. Horn of War and premium chats Useless in P2P. I don't feel a bigger player if on top of my char head i have some fairy bubbles to say what i can without this. i dont know these items, just give them for free or something
19. June Coins Could be good in P2P, not a requirement. another item i dont understand why its not available... its not like they make you win a battle
20. Some Mount Colour Patterns from the Boutique 1 or 2 mounts unavailable in P2P? Yes, if you don't possess 123123 mounts while 23123 of them have same speed and same skills you won't be a successful player. -> unattractive to collectors and mount-lovers
21. Most of the decorative items from the BoutiqueNo comments... another HUGE miss here, many players including me LOVE the vanity items in this game and its a BIG shame to reduce them!!
22. 2nd and 3rd crafting profession unlock You can have 2 and really need more? Alchy for pots and Inspiration for crafting profession. AH and mates will complete the rest. Plus, you can make what others can with recipes so... Useless^^ 1 for gear, 1 for weapon 1 for potions, makes 3... i really like to be able to craft my things myself without beeing dependent on others
23. Mount feed and additional Stable Slots You have 10 slots for mounts, patterns doesn't occupy slot. You can increase it by doing some turns in Tka-Rik cave and get unlocks.
24. Keys for chests No comments...
25. Master Goblin and its duplicates from Strongboxes This could be useful yes. But it's necessary or did we became lazy by it just to go to bank or next NPC to sell? Tho the TP option could makes it's use... one of the biggest misses, in combination with the tiny bag its a real problem
26. Coupons Useless in P2P.
27. Specks of Light Useless in P2P. P2W item 2% more dmg do not make anyone win a battle, but its, again, potential dmg / heal that is NEVER available, which is sad since every player could just have infinite of them -> equal conditions
28. Ship Consumables Useless in P2P. in dep astral aditional ship emanations are useless? actually they can help a lot, i dont see why they are not available for gold on payserver
29. Magic Ink. Useless in P2P.
you comments did not keep their color in my quote, but i still quoted it to discuss this here, answers from me in red

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Mar 6th 2015, 10:53pm)

Saturday, March 7th 2015, 1:31am

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

The whole P2P is one big pro F2P is one big Con reason for that is lets see F2P to get to the point where you can pvp you need to spend around 2k dollors or more to get around level 10 runes or 12s and get all the pvp items you need to keep up with the higher level players P2P you need no runes no item shop crap nothing just skill, for 15 dollors every 30 days I would rather spend that then 1,000 to 2,000 dollors just to get up to where everyone else is.
Smugglers Paradise

Saturday, March 7th 2015, 4:45am

Songa

Beginner

I don't think we need another thread that once again states that F2P is indeed free if you want it to be, but isn't if you want to be competitive within a reasonable amount of time. That's what P2P is for. Everybody who already plays this game (which, again, is really the only people you're talking to here in these forums) already knows what does what. Pick your poison: F2P with higher population and likely a lot of time already invested into the game with very little chance of ever being "the best", or a server that provides everyone an equal chance to be the best, but currently (and likely always) has a low population due to lack of advertisement and people who still value the time they put into F2P toons. (And yes, it's true, we don't have as many shinies.)

The argument will always be the same: One person's pro is probably another person's con, and vice versa.

My only gripe is that My.com is still having trouble realizing that most people outside of the Allods community are unaware that a subscription server even exists. Most people wrote the game off a long time ago when it became P2W. The few people that might Google the term 'Allods' might be lucky enough to figure out there's a sub server (thanks for the addition of where to subscribe on the main Allods website - that's a start!) but there's still the little diddy in the Game Guide portion of the website that states "Allods Online has no subscription fees and you can play as long as you wish. All you need is a My.com account."

But Allods does have the option of paying subscription fees. And realistically when you click on "Subscription" it directs you to log-in or create a My.com account. So instead of finding out information on a Subscription Server or F2P, they are expected to just sign up with no further instruction. There should be a non-biased informational page on the subject, putting a positive spin on both servers.

In the end, this topic will always go around and around in circles here, because both servers are ultimately dealing with a frighteningly low population that might just be barely enough to keep the game running for now. We're doing nothing productive by arguing amongst ourselves.
Noire, 65 "World's Okayest" Healer [Smuggler's Paradise] [League] [Void]

Saturday, March 7th 2015, 10:18am

Problem with F2P and P2P servers is actually money.
If F2P and P2P servers were same, they can add option to migrate your main char and reincs to P2P server from F2P(every1 who spend cash on Allods would go to P2P).

That would kill F2P server, all ppl ,which spend a lot money for mounts and so on, could have everything on P2P for 10%(maybe less) of original price.

So they make P2P server, but didnt put some items there so heavy cash shop users stay on F2P and pay more money(i think company make some calculations to see if its worthy, they all do it).

I was playing Allods 2 years on US and EU servers(on US cuz they get more mounts). I spend 100euro and 100$ on Allods, it was 2-3years ago and it bought same runes as other ppl(got lvl7 runes, 2-3 years ago not many ppl had it), some mounts, loot pet and a lot other things.
I saw that money as sub 24 months of playing Allods and it cost 100euro/100$ so i was paying sub 4euro/4$ per months.

I would say P2P server is great for ppl who want play 6 months, but lets say you want play 2-3 years so its 23euro/25$ for 3 months(i read you get 6 months with it).

Playing Allods on P2P for 2 years 92euro/100$(i calculate with those 6 months), 3 years will be 138euro/150$.
Since i came back after long break so i dont know what runes and other items you can buy for this amount of cash now.

PS: When there was only F2P server a lot ppl were telling "if Allods have P2P server i would go there(almost every1)", when i said they can use F2P same way(just buy every month crystals worth of sub) they didnt do it. I did and didnt have problems.

Saturday, March 7th 2015, 9:01pm

Senpai

Intermediate

• "Senpai" has been banned

The biggest problem with the p2p server right now is they just barely let people know there is a Subserver and even then they didn't add any big page of what the p2p offers over the f2p server so people are still in the dark about it. If the CMs read this they really need to push some one somewhere to add more info on the p2p server.
KAPPA

Rate this thread