You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 5th 2015, 6:28am

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

• "SΛΤΗΩ" started this thread

Battle for Cargallas - My impressions

I was really into the new pvp map, and I couldn't wait till the patch. Now, after being there few times, I'm not so eager to go/play/fight there.

1st of all what the 'F.' are the NPCs doing there? Is it a pve or a pvp map bcz i'm confused ?
Even if they were introduced to prevent ppl from afk'ing or to give ppl points for killing them, they are to aggressive and to strong.
For example, If you respawn after u died, still in chains immobilizing you, the passing NPC starts attacking you already. It's impossible to join the fight when u can't mount. And trying to kill them ends up in more NPCs coming and fighting you. For weaker/undergeard players or reincarnations it's a death sentence. Ypu can't even loose them by running fast away from them.
And it's no fun in dying over and over again not even being able to join the fight. If I want a mob/NPC to kill me i'll go to astral or one of the wild shore maps.

2nd of all (and it's connected with the 1st one) there are to many NPCs running around the map during the fight. It's killing slower machines and internet connections causing (at best) lags on the server. Good example can be todays one of the fight i was in, where there were players fighting and something like 20-30 NPCs around them most of them from the opposite team. I wasn't fighting then but only watching a slide show, one slide after another, with players appearing out of nowhere and ending with my sudden death (not even know who killed me and who I was fighting against).

3rd is one of the battlegrounds modes. I'm talking here about the 'Death Mark' battle. If a undergeard player or a reincarnation gets the 'mark' it's jut one shot/hit to kill him (mostly) so where's the fun in that? Is the new battleground balanced, bcz in my opinion it isn't.
Wouldn't it make more fun if the runes were inactive in battlegrounds (or equal, lets say to lvl 5)? Then only skillset and gear would play a role and new/undergeard/weaker players would have some chance to experience good fight too? Maybe even win a fight with someone who normally would oneshot them?!

And last but not least, the idea of mixed parties. I think it's an awesome idea. Thats the best thing I've noticed about the new battleground and I like it. Finally ppl will stop complying that Imperial players quit battleground bcz there is League team against them (or other way around).

I hope you guys had more positive feedback while attending the battleground but maybe there are few changes to be done so it will become more pleasant experience and fun to play for all of us.

Friday, June 5th 2015, 7:29am

Erwyn

Trainee

If you're experiencing lag due to a few NPCs maybe consider updating your computer :whistling: .

The Skirmish itself is good, and as a psi personally I love these little NPCs ;) I can twin each and everyone for 50% less damage due to master of illusions :D. Other classes like bard can heal off them with bloodlust. There's so many ways you can use these npcs to your advantage regardless of their friendly/enemy status.

In regards to low geared people getting the marks, well removing runes in skirmishes will never happen and even if it did these low players would still be useless anyway. If your VIP or deathmarkee, what ever you wish to call it is undergeared then just find better ways of defending him :D not crying about it. Give him rhaps have a bard make him invis. You can't really expect to get a good skirmish every single time and win, that's not how it works. Sometimes you draw the short straw and lose. All you can do is use your brain and find ways to give it your best and if it fails, well just reque :D.
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

Friday, June 5th 2015, 10:05am

3rd is one of the battlegrounds modes. I'm talking here about the 'Death Mark' battle. If a undergeard player or a reincarnation gets the 'mark' it's jut one shot/hit to kill him (mostly) so where's the fun in that? Is the new battleground balanced, bcz in my opinion it isn't.
Wouldn't it make more fun if the runes were inactive in battlegrounds (or equal, lets say to lvl 5)? Then only skillset and gear would play a role and new/undergeard/weaker players would have some chance to experience good fight too? Maybe even win a fight with someone who normally would oneshot them?!

That "mode" is already there, it's the called subscription server. And yes, Cargallas is popping here. If you ever decide to switch over, be sure to bring as many friends as you can.

Friday, June 5th 2015, 11:23am

Erwyn

Trainee

That "mode" is already there, it's the called subscription server. And yes, Cargallas is popping here. If you ever decide to switch over, be sure to bring as many friends as you can.
These p2p people never stop X_X gotta admire the determination! I'd love to try your server one day when I have spare time seems like you have a nice community :love:
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

Friday, June 5th 2015, 11:51am

Alafff

Intermediate

i would had a 4th bad point : Mixing parties . Done around 20 of thoses yesterday . And for about half of them , All healers where in one team when other had none . it made it kinda hard to play.

As it seems this made was made like a Dota . Remember that towers in thoses games are mostly made to regulate npc. So perhaps each team should have three of them (one on each road) , invincible but only killing npc , so it should put away thoses situations where there is something like 15 hostile npc at your camp killing you

Here good old image : As you see there is like 8+ add of them , and none of our , result is that they won without a sweat

Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Alafff" (Jun 5th 2015, 4:48pm) with the following reason: adding an image

Friday, June 5th 2015, 4:52pm

I agree about the number of NPCs. I guess they tried to make the map look more crowded/epic, but it's just annoying at best.
Their spawn and location is seemingly random and I doubt many here enjoys being pretty much stunlocked by 4-5 knights appearing on you by chance - all that while you're trying to have fun in PvP.

I don't necessarily want them completely removed, but it'd be nice if their numbers were at least severely reduced.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Friday, June 5th 2015, 5:48pm

Alafff

Intermediate

Found one thing fun , Problem come from blue team. Everytime i play in blue team , i have lots of npc supporting me , When i'm on red team i dont have any.

Don't see a lot of red npc ..... Can some GM or CM that come here can look at stats and tell us an average of how many npc appear in each team?

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 1:58am

Found one thing fun , Problem come from blue team. Everytime i play in blue team , i have lots of npc supporting me , When i'm on red team i dont have any.

Don't see a lot of red npc ..... Can some GM or CM that come here can look at stats and tell us an average of how many npc appear in each team?
Yeah I've noticed that, It seems like there are always less npc's for the red team or the spawn rate for one side is alot higher then the higher.

It's something I've noticed especially on the red team though.
IGN: Madtop

Server: Smuggler's Paradise
Faction:Empire
Class: Bard

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 10:50am

Windstorm

Trainee

Hi all ,

About the npc's running around ..they are indeed annoying and i think my teribile lag comes from there too (i have less lag in other BG's).
Running around in FH mode into BG's mostly...takes forever for me to kill these if i died and respawn and alone then i can take some popcorn and follow fight -basically you can't mount up for next time (cus you are forever in combat).

The BG its insanely fun ,i am addicted to it and seems its even worth to play it ,since its not so long time consumer ,and you always get some reward (fun or signs ) . And the jokes dat comes around ,precious : one said yday :'' I'll join my imp friends and come keel you in Cargallas!''

Mixing teams its really cool xD

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 5:44pm

Alafff

Intermediate

Npc on blue team play objectives . Npcs on Red team follow lines .

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 9:56pm

new mode is great, absolutely great
the npcs are great fun as they act as noobfilter; its fun to watch them kill... also, you can "team up" with them; if you kill the other teams npcs, at somepoint yours act like zerglings and if you encounter 1 or 2 enemies they will have almost lost for sure

having variation in the mode is also great, this BG just makes so much right... again we have some great improvement for this game

its interesting this mode also makes skirmishes on subscriptionserver also FINALLY possible, so these players also can enjoy pvp!
its a good option for those who dislike the runesystem but avoided P2P because it had no pvp

If a undergeard player or a reincarnation gets the 'mark' it's jut one shot/hit to kill him (mostly) so where's the fun in that?

you answered this yourself, the oneshotting is the fun :)
and since usually both side have weak players in it its no balancingproblem at all
Is the new battleground balanced

yes because the npcs spawn from both sides!
And last but not least, the idea of mixed parties. I think it's an awesome idea

i like it because it makes the system for proper parties easier to work
i read somewhere that league and empire teamed up like in the times of the astralcampaign because they had no direct conflict in the last time
lorewise if justifies this kind of behavior enough for me :thumbup:

ooooh and NICE improvement: its possible to instantly recast after beeing dead! :thumbup: 8o

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 6th 2015, 10:46pm)

Sunday, June 7th 2015, 12:52am

Aionwen

Professional

my first impression was WOW!!!
i cannot describe how good this new bg is coz for me its awesome for just two simple reasons

1. no fractionbashing, no complains about stupid imps and dump ligs. this is the best happening in my two years of allods coz it makes pvp so relaxed and i guess some ppl would aggree with that

2. instant invites. the whole night long. its even better then reason 1!!

BUT there are things i would like to give negative feedback

1. i do not really dislike the npcs yet but i cannot notice yet too any rule for there spawning, positioning and performance in fight, some times they camp at spots and handicap players to enter the real fight, this is really annoying for "pvp" and some times they run to a nearly lost point and are easy to avoid with mounts, or they are running alone somewhere on the map dismounting players after respawn and if u try to help them it will end with a walk over the whole map and in no mode u can guess for sure were to walk if the current point will be taken.
maybe npcs shall help to hold the middlepoint?
this npcs often transform the "bg" into pve-aod, i did screens from outside the slaughter with the whole screen full of npcs (HPbars) and i cannot decide yet if i like it, even if i wouldnt reject aod on bigger map with modi. maybe i just have to get the awnser that we have now this bg-aod-mix with dotaflair and will go fine with it.
i cannot tab npcs to heal them and i would like to see them on map.
this npcs allow to open cargallas with 4 players so in the end i dont wanna say anything against them but i hope u can understand i still believe that a little potential to increase gameexperience is left

2. mark of death is a nice idea, often a short funny fight, but its quite like concer the flag just with the bad difference that player who takes flag is random and the route to go too. and im not so sure if its fair, it has a bad taste some times. the other modi seem to be more balanced and for that they often take more time.
maybe a 4th modus?

3. the map. the ways in general and some times after respawn are a bit to long and to many obstacles imo especially the hills at mid, there should be tunnels or a way over there. i guess for older mounts its worse compared to wh tc and df. some times its much faster to die and respawn, this worked in older bgs too but cargallas seems to be made for the next generations of mounts and dying to reenter fight shouldnt be essential for a bg.
i tried mage with portal and i love it ^^ for the short respawn u can be evrytime evrywere

all in all i would say, cargallas is the new bg ppl were waiting for.
i thought it would be exist beside the old bgs, like bastion, maybe there will be a way to keep them alive.
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Sunday, June 7th 2015, 1:48am

The NPCs are ruining it imo. Not only you need to hit tab 20 times in order to get to the desired target but they have CCs like knock downs and slow. As a player who generally gets a lot of focus from other players, when those npcs adds up i end up being CC'd 75% of the time. And they keep you into combat for way too long. Get rid of all those stupid npcs please theyre ruining it all.

Oh and yeah when you're in the blue team you barely get attacked by any npcs but when you're in the red team its just unplayable you get swarmed by 8 knights that stunlocks you while opposing players just giggles and dps you down without you being able to do anything.

I miss the good old WH.

Sunday, June 7th 2015, 2:13am

Rinoa

Beginner

1. no fractionbashing, no complains about stupid imps and dump ligs. this is the best happening in my two years of allods coz it makes pvp so relaxed and i guess some ppl would aggree with that
From what I've seen some empire players like to complain about leagues actually - have not seen other way around but I'm sure that happens too - but it's useless comments not worth paying attention to. Some people just need to get off their horses.

In general I really like this BG because it's very fast-paced and there's always a lot of action going on and it starts fast so it's impossible to get bored. I absolutely love mixed factions teams, finally can be on same team with some imp friends :D But those NPCs are just the most annoying thing ever, if their numbers were reduced it could be ok but at the moment I just want to smash something if I'm kept in fight by 5 of them for ages when I really just want to regen mana/reset wounds and go back to actual pvp (for which I signed!!). They have their advantages I'm sure but they really need some changes or at least make it somehow easier to get rid of them >.>

I miss the good old WH.
THIS!!!! ;(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rinoa" (Jun 7th 2015, 2:23am)

Sunday, June 7th 2015, 5:24am

Celinkabouh

Beginner

From what I've seen some empire players like to complain about leagues actually - have not seen other way around but I'm sure that happens too - but it's useless comments not worth paying attention to. Some people just need to get off their horses.

In general I really like this BG because it's very fast-paced and there's always a lot of action going on and it starts fast so it's impossible to get bored. I absolutely love mixed factions teams, finally can be on same team with some imp friends :D But those NPCs are just the most annoying thing ever, if their numbers were reduced it could be ok but at the moment I just want to smash something if I'm kept in fight by 5 of them for ages when I really just want to regen mana/reset wounds and go back to actual pvp (for which I signed!!). They have their advantages I'm sure but they really need some changes or at least make it somehow easier to get rid of them >.>

I miss the good old WH.
THIS!!!! ;(
This.

Sunday, June 7th 2015, 2:35pm

npcs make the battle feel a bit like openworldpvp / asee teph (possibility to gank if done correctly etc)
anyone agree?

this is why i love this mode so much :love:

btw killing th NPCs gives a small amount of progress-points, did you notice? 8o

Monday, June 8th 2015, 9:54am

Please give us WH back, the npcs completely ruin the pvp experience here. I dont even feel like queeing for pvp anymore, fucking retarded.

6.0.2 you get "random battleground" option, you can get WH/DF/Training Camp/Cargallas from it.

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 12:20am

Please give us WH back, the npcs completely ruin the pvp experience here. I dont even feel like queeing for pvp anymore, fucking retarded.

6.0.2 you get "random battleground" option, you can get WH/DF/Training Camp/Cargallas from it.
Yeah but 6.0.2 is months away. Theres no real pvp in the game in the current state except for dominion. New skirmish is a mix between pve and pvp. The stronger raid becomes even stronger cause the npc's will stack with them while the weaker raid has to fight the npcs on top of the actual players. WH is so much better.

Im not sure what they were thinking when adding those legions of npcs into a pvp skirmish. They add nothing but annoyance to the fights. In games like lol or dota the creep is there for the experience gain. What do they bring to the allod game? Nothing at all.

The new queueing system is awesome. The map is gorgeous. Can't believe they ruined it with the npcs.

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 6:10am

I can't really see the point why old battlegrounds are removed. Yay, they come back in 6.0.2, but why remove perfectly good content in the first place? Not like this game has ever had a problem with too much content...
Downfall (P2P)
Deliverance (F2P)

"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic f****** hatreds!"

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 9:17am

its good, so good that it is killing the game
for undergeared people, almost no astraL is happening
astral academy is always empty, the only time you see people is every after the batls is over
as for the dungeons party finder
i always Q every after batle only to find no one Q'ed
i ended up canceling and joing BoC instead

sometjhing must be done
like limit the mumber you can join .. idk ...

Rate this thread