You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 1:13am

even if you have no trouble spending whatever amount of $ you want its still pointless if you dont have time to play... :S

i really dont mind having things locked behind a "progression-wall", as a non-donator you can still get all the
speedup-items as you can exchange gold for BC, if you spend enough time you will climb that wall in the end anyway

if someone has not enough time to play the game he desires as long as he want, the 1st priority is to fix his life so he has time to play again...
even in a stateless game like counterstrike or whatever you wont get happy if you only have a few minutes to play...

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 11:32am

I've seen many ppl complaining about premium hammers and too much of paid stuff in game which is why I said if You do not like certain features You can go on protest and gather enough ppl with similar mind set and MAYBE You will be able to make a change:)
I've already seen some things that were suggested on forum in past years go live in game (like upgraded old mounts for ppl who liked them).

I am casual donator too and I do not like to spend my gold for perishable stuff like premium hammers, symbol of abundances etc. After all those years in game I've lost interest in taking part of "rat run" of gearing up asap (especially after those mini seasons...) and I'm not going to devote the most precious resource I have (my time) for doing tons of obs just to gear up slowly for the n-th time.

P.S. Try to do 1h long raid at evening with wife/husband and kid(s) in the same room. You will understand why some ppl do not have time to participate in those events:)

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 3:39pm

dragagon

Unregistered

I have managed to craft my 1st epic on anvil of artifacts yesterday and guess what... cost of transmutation is 850 dust per attempt- that was slight shock at 1st but after few secs it was hilarious (that's a bit more than You get by doing entire observatory raid on easy) especially when You know there is a Symbol of Abundance in boutique shop:)

Usually I was stopping at epic set mixed with some legends/fableds but it looks like this time I'll end up with full rare+some epic drops and just wait for 9.1 to come which will probably happen at the time when I'm too busy to play anyway.

I feel really sorry for all those people who want to be top geared for PvP purposes...since in addition to boutique/crafted hammers they have to pay for Symbol of Abundance's too.

My opinion about gear progression changes from "+" to big "-" now for epic gear.

P.S. Yesterday I've made a joke on guild chat regarding gearing up progress for legends in present system.I have written it will take half of the year to get full legendary set and it looks like I was right after all:)

All this applies for people that are lazy, alike you.
People like me for one, easily farm enough dust bit by bit without using abundant items from CS, you don't have to get the CS involved on everything. Game gives you ways to save you time incase you work more (where CS shudn't be a problem, unless ur a lazy unemployed fuck, then it's normal).
As for gear progression speed, wether it takes a week, or a month, does it matter?
The only purpose gear racing has for pvp is whoever gets the most items in x time. If you'd keep up and even be one or two items behind, the difference but still be very minimal, think about it yourself.

You're spitting at this whole system as if it's the worst in the world, but if you give it a thought of 10mins, you'll go along with it and see the other side of the green hill.

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 4:10pm

Hello,

Off-topic discussion was moved.
Please try to not derail from the topic, and be respectful to each other in your answers ;).

If you have something else to say to a particular user, there is a private message feature on this forum.

Have a nice Sunday.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 8:51pm

I am casual donator too and I do not like to spend my gold for perishable stuff like premium hammers, symbol of abundances etc. After all those years in game I've lost interest in taking part of "rat run" of gearing up asap (especially after those mini seasons...) and I'm not going to devote the most precious resource I have (my time) for doing tons of obs just to gear up slowly for the n-th time.

P.S. Try to do 1h long raid at evening with wife/husband and kid(s) in the same room. You will understand why some ppl do not have time to participate in those events:)

at the beginning of my "career" in allods i did not gear up at all and instead went for all the permanent things with my gold
result was beeing inferior on the short run and superior on the long, i do not regret it
now i participate in the "ratrace" of gearup but with the limitation i dont get the expensive hammers (and even though im behind in gear like 196 keys and a HUGE amount of dust) my performance is still more than good enough in the BG
so what i want to say is even with just he green hammers you will be good enough, dont worry :)

and ofc RL tasks like having a family with children or non-reguated worktimes / emergency standby will reduce or nullify the ability to participate in timed events
but you can do well ingame even if you dont participate in ANY timed event
BG thankfully pops without a shedule and mercs make gearup a possible solotask

Monday, May 21st 2018, 5:26am

i'm really surprised at what i read here.

what kind of people are playing this game?

playing a game and working in a job.
living a life with only 2 options in an infinite universe.
that's the thing what some people should work on to fix.

pointless lives... so sad...

Monday, May 21st 2018, 2:40pm

rozetri

Intermediate

i'm really surprised at what i read here.

what kind of people are playing this game?

playing a game and working in a job.
living a life with only 2 options in an infinite universe.
that's the thing what some people should work on to fix.

pointless lives... so sad...
You're grossly oversimplifying it. Nearly everyone that plays Allods has a life outside of the game, whether it happens to be social or not. Even in Asc, it's not that uncommon to have a raid or dominion day where someone is occupied by duties OR pleasures beyond the game. There are avenues to help compensate for that, although they tend to be annoying or time-consuming. But for some people, there IS a certain level of relaxation and sense of accomplishment to be had from being notably good at one game in particular. It just so happens that for some, that game happens to be Allods.

My problem with the game as it stands now is that there used to not be as much grind as there is at present. There wasn't this glut of individual little things to grind out just to make STANDARD gear progression, alongside CS items to make that grind "easier." In reality, the devs decided the level of grind required rather than being forced into it, and they designed it based on maximizing potential monetization. I feel it would be incredibly more rewarding to use the system that was in place when Allods first came out, where you could simply gain a complete and done gear piece out of heroics, astral, and raids, reducing the amount of grind and increasing the challenge of individual activities. This isn't to say the level of difficulty in those original raids was perfect, in fact far from it. They DID need to mollify things somewhat to make the challenges more achievable. The trouble is now they've gone the complete opposite direction. The devs just aren't very good at balance and never have been.

I do like the current idea of increasing difficulty heroics, though. I think if you combined that system for gaining stat upgraders with the original gear drop system, you'd have a winning combination. As it is, though, the amount of time required to invest in the game to keep up with my peers is somewhat incompatible with the other interests I've been keeping, so I just ditched out.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky