You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 20th 2017, 12:49am

It's seems this game is more expensive than WOW (sub)

I'm a subscriber to wow and every 6 months I pay $125,00 BRL. 6 months in Allods costs $181,50 BRL... That just doesn't make sense! Why? Please give me one good reason to subscribe to Allods? This game is so overpriced. I'ts a good game don't get me wrong but come on, let's be realistic, it shouldn't cost more than wow.

Maybe i'ts because of the currency, since wow is converted from american dollars and Allods is euros? I just don't get it. Please explain

Thursday, July 20th 2017, 11:00am

I'm a subscriber to wow and every 6 months I pay $125,00 BRL. 6 months in Allods costs $181,50 BRL... That just doesn't make sense! Why? Please give me one good reason to subscribe to Allods?
According to https://allods.my.com/en/subscription 6 month sub for Allods costs 42EUR (156BRL).
According to https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/product/wo…ft-subscription 6 months of WoW costs 65.94 EUR (239 BRL)

So here's that one reason you were asking for: Allods Online teaches you math! J

Oh, and yeah, most likely there are some local offerings from Battle.net to Brazil which make WoW cheaper when subscribing from your country. My.com doesn't do that, so the price is the same for everyone. You can try subscribing to the Russian AO server: https://allods.mail.ru/subscribe.php it's 2150 RUB (115 BRL) for 6 months, which makes it cheaper than what you pay for WoW now, but you might want to learn Russian language in this case. Which is not a bad idea on it's own already.

Thursday, July 20th 2017, 11:07am

I am eu player and for me wow cost more than allods ... ( for subscription )

Thursday, July 20th 2017, 3:11pm

Thursday, July 20th 2017, 8:16pm

First of all thank you all for the replies

this game is free (free to play)

subscription for money is only an OPTION the game has
Second there's no such thing as Free game. Allods is "Free" with nothing free about it, all you get is a trial version of the game. Name one player that never spent any money in the game who can stand with the others in pvp or pve. It's pay to play in both modes, you can play free but you won't get far (trial), buy items from the store to continue or pay subscription.

1 Euro = 3,64 BRL. Six months is 50 Euros X 3,64 = 182 BRL + taxes. I'm guessing 190 to 200.

I am eu player and for me wow cost more than allods ... ( for subscription )
So it's seems it's a currency problem. Here in Brazil Wow is considered very expensive at 250 BRL a year. I won't subscribe for the Russian server because the latency would be too high. If the devs lower the price for the americas I'll definately buy a subscription and bring other people with me, I like the game but pay to win is absolute garbage and the subscription fee is overpriced here. I hope the devs look at this forum too, not only the Russian one. Make it 100 BRL for 6 months and I'll be happy to give the devs my money.

One last thing, it seems all servers are low pop, maybe if they adjusted the price in diferent continents it would attract more players wich is = more money = more future content.

Also it's good to know that the comunity interact in the forum, sorry if bad english. Cheers

Thursday, July 20th 2017, 9:01pm

freestile

Professional

attract more players wich is = more money = more future content.

looks like this statement makes sense to all of us but idk why allods team seems to be thinking their game is dead and thus do the right thing financialy wise for a company like this in this situation : keep the prices willingly hight to milk out all the cash from the remaining players (who are normaly the most passionated/addicted ones = the most likely to spend money)
thing is, if they feel like the game is dying, it's more than probably because it was too expensive in the first place... well done once again allods team

Thursday, July 20th 2017, 10:38pm

Quoted from "u_16095066"

attract more players wich is = more money = more future content.

looks like this statement makes sense to all of us but idk why allods team seems to be thinking their game is dead
They just have different priorities. My.com publishes other titles that they prefer spending their advertising resources on.

Lowering prices will definitely lower the income, especially on sub server, coz everyone who's playing will simply start to pay less for that.

And it's not only the low price that attracts customers, it's mostly advertisement and hype that does and where would you find money to spend on that if you have already lowered your income in the first step?

And those resources they already have they prefer spending on the other games. Worse for us, good for them.

Friday, July 21st 2017, 4:28am

there's no such thing as Free game. Allods is "Free" with nothing free about it, all you get is a trial version of the game. Name one player that never spent any money in the game who can stand with the others in pvp or pve. It's pay to play in both modes, you can play free but you won't get far (trial), buy items from the store to continue or pay subscription.

trial version is subscription server of allods with a TON of items mounts and opportunities not available at all
you pay for getting less - thats why the subscriptionserver here has such a low population pvp dones (almost?) never pop

oh and i would name myself, i played like 4 1/2 years without ANY donation, made runes level 9 with all relevant items from shop (lightning, battlearmor with all scrolls, all the respec / statpoints and so on, only missing things like 3 more talentpoints, a teal earring and having a blue instead of purple dragontear, so all things that dont matter)

i successfully managed to get top-places in PVP and often even THE top placement while not even doing the "hard" astralsectors or raids, so i was ALWAYS handicapped by having inferior gear to many players... so i could have become even "stronger" if i would have wanted to put into the effort of gearing "max"

and i often had a small amount of time to play too (just did like 10 minutes / day for checking auctions and do daily gold Q), so someone with more time to play and willing to gear up to max could easily top my achievements...

so my "protip" is play on free server as free player, invest as much $ as you see the game worth, farm what you dont want to donate and enjoy
as a new player its tempting to just buy a proper mount and looter at the start, this will accelarate your gameplay drastically considering you play well - but if you want to play completely free you can do even that
there is an exchange NPC on "new frontier" so you can exchange gold for BC
it might take some time but as this is a progressive game thats totally OK

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jul 21st 2017, 4:41am)

Friday, July 21st 2017, 2:39pm

I think that this post is not really usefull.
If WoW is cheaper than Allods, then let's play Wow <3
kisses

Monday, July 24th 2017, 7:30am

Quinz

Intermediate

Lowering prices will definitely lower the income, especially on sub server, coz everyone who's playing will simply start to pay less for that.

And it's not only the low price that attracts customers, it's mostly advertisement and hype that does and where would you find money to spend on that if you have already lowered your income in the first step?
Since, like you say, they prioritize other titles and probably make quite good money from those, it wouldn't hurt to spend some money and effort on trying to revive Allods.
First of all, listen to the community and give them what they want. Second, release a big update with all these changes we've all wanted for so long. Third, advertise the game and the big "expansion" that will make the game better.

In par with this, start a trial on the subscription server so that new players who wants to try the subscription server actually have a chance to do so without spending money first thing. This is needed since Allods already has a bad reputation.

However, unfortunately we all know this is just an unrealistic dream.

We already know by now that it's just a small team working on Allods for EU/NA and Allods is probably at the bottom of the prio list, which means no major changes are likely to ever be made to this game. They will most likely continue to life support this game as long as there's a small consistent player base that keeps spending money, which would generate a small income for them, a nice side bonus for them I'm sure.
However it's highly unlikely that they will take any risks with this game, and thus they will continue to feed off their Allods fanboys/gals until the day the game finally shuts down.

End of story.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, July 24th 2017, 10:40am

Quoted from "user_1129018"

Since, like you say, they prioritize other titles and probably make quite good money from those, it wouldn't hurt to spend some money and effort on trying to revive Allods.
First of all, listen to the community and give them what they want. Second, release a big update with all these changes we've all wanted for so long. Third, advertise the game and the big "expansion" that will make the game better.

In par with this, start a trial on the subscription server so that new players who wants to try the subscription server actually have a chance to do so without spending money first thing. This is needed since Allods already has a bad reputation.

However, unfortunately we all know this is just an unrealistic dream.

We already know by now that it's just a small team working on Allods for EU/NA and Allods is probably at the bottom of the prio list, which means no major changes are likely to ever be made to this game. They will most likely continue to life support this game as long as there's a small consistent player base that keeps spending money, which would generate a small income for them, a nice side bonus for them I'm sure.
However it's highly unlikely that they will take any risks with this game, and thus they will continue to feed off their Allods fanboys/gals until the day the game finally shuts down.

End of story.

Yup, totally agree.

Tuesday, July 25th 2017, 3:05am

yes we are all doomed
its blasphemy to make money
this game has no constant flow of new players

/sarcasm
come on, its really not THIS bad here :S
i am also not happy with some changes, keyword "Global Cooldown" and keyword "Classrework with manaremoval" but honestly, allods is a good game which can afford to do some changes not so well done...
bringing constructive critic might help, writing things like

Quoted

"... the game FINALLY shuts down / end of story"
implicates you hate the game with passion and hope for an end (like "if i cant have fun in this game nobody shall have fun there!" :evil: )

do you know the fable of the fox and the grapes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes

if you dont want to click the link i put a spoiler which contains the short mainstory...

Spoiler Spoiler

Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.' People who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain would do well to apply this story to themselves.

Tuesday, July 25th 2017, 8:43am

Quinz

Intermediate

implicates you hate the game with passion and hope for an end (like "if i cant have fun in this game nobody shall have fun there!" :evil: )
To be honest, you're right. For me, it would just be better if the game shut down. Then I would keep the good memories of the game and wouldn't be able to come back every once in a while and just get disappointed because the game is just getting worse (in my opinion).

The good memories are what brings me back, and I think it's the case for most returning players. The memories are so strong that I just can't learn to like another MMORPG more than Allods.

It might be a selfish way of thinking, and I know there are people who still like the game even in its current state, so I do rather hope for good changes to come, changes that can make us all happy. I haven't lost hope completely, not yet.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Tuesday, July 25th 2017, 11:24am

For me, it would just be better if the game shut down. Then I would keep the good memories of the game and wouldn't be able to come back every once in a while and just get disappointed because the game is just getting worse (in my opinion).

The good memories are what brings me back, and I think it's the case for most returning players. The memories are so strong that I just can't learn to like another MMORPG more than Allods.
You should really consider paying shrink a visit. Seriously, should you replace "the game" or "Allods" in your phrases with "heroin", you could easily find yourself being a junkie. E-junkie in this case, get cured before it's too late.

Oh yeah, and the bad news for you is that the game goes on despite (your opinion).

Thursday, July 27th 2017, 11:16am

Quinz

Intermediate

You should really consider paying shrink a visit. Seriously, should you replace "the game" or "Allods" in your phrases with "heroin", you could easily find yourself being a junkie. E-junkie in this case, get cured before it's too late.

Oh yeah, and the bad news for you is that the game goes on despite (your opinion).

I lol'd. Good to see you got some humor :D

It's a good thing the game is still alive btw, like I said, I still have hopes that the game will get better, one of these days. Until then I will just stick around in the forum and laugh at funny comments like yours ;)
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

Friday, August 4th 2017, 4:58am

I have been playing the "Free" version and I got to say, it's a lot of fun. Made some friends in the game and we always play together. But I know the fun will last until the 30 days runes, rubis, ear slot, talents wears off. One of the dudes who is playing with me lost these things and man was he frustrated. Still, it is a good game but core things like world chat, resets, this runes and aditional rubis/talents are only cash shop and that breaks the game, sadly... Btw I know you can get runes in game but it's a LOT of gold, low pop server is also an issue in the AH. Like some of you said maybe someday the game will change some things and get better. I'll keep playing 'till these things wear off, maybe start another character with the 30 days items, dunno. Didn't touch the pvp because I know it'll be ridiculous.

Well thanks for all the replys

Friday, August 4th 2017, 11:58am

I have been playing the "Free" version and I got to say, it's a lot of fun. Made some friends in the game and we always play together. But I know the fun will last until the 30 days runes, rubis, ear slot, talents wears off. One of the dudes who is playing with me lost these things and man was he frustrated. Still, it is a good game but core things like world chat, resets, this runes and aditional rubis/talents are only cash shop and that breaks the game, sadly...

yes items which are donation-only really break the game
thats why the new server "equilibrium" is not viable for free players, because it has no exchange NPC

Quoted from "Everton Antunes"

Btw I know you can get runes in game but it's a LOT of gold, low pop server is also an issue in the AH. Like some of you said maybe someday the game will change some things and get better. I'll keep playing 'till these things wear off, maybe start another character with the 30 days items, dunno. Didn't touch the pvp because I know it'll be ridiculous.
Well thanks for all the replys

only on server "new frontier" you can buy ALL things for gold
over time, even high price items will be possible there