You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 28th 2014, 1:02am

What people hated about FoD was the double punishment for death and the fact it encouraged griefing. 25% reduction to stats per stack and since you need to lose the re spawn protection to talk to a servant of light to remove it you were defenseless against someone with a banner camping the spawn(rather common event back in Beta).

The curse that replaced it wasn't any better since the curse made you pay for death. This made a lot of people quit since death was so common. It wasn't so bad later when the charms to prevent the curse were made free from the CS.

Friday, March 28th 2014, 6:33am

Ninim

Beginner

I remember that healers could actually tank, just by healing they generated so much aggro and cause healing was OP they could stay alive xD HaHa Tanker-Healer :) sometimes i miss those times.

Wardens could tank too if they were careful ;)

Friday, March 28th 2014, 11:48am

I am waiting for 5.0.1 to :D
Just worry about the time we lack due to skipping to the same patch as russians.
Wil we be able to get end gear or do we get 6.0.0 when we are full epic/leggy 60 gear without having the chance of getting full fable due to lack of time.
I

Friday, March 28th 2014, 11:55am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

I remember that healers could actually tank, just by healing they generated so much aggro and cause healing was OP they could stay alive xD HaHa Tanker-Healer :) sometimes i miss those times.

Ya, and summoners had this ability called "Corrosive Acid" that basicaly turned plate armour into cloth. It was turning hellion into machine of instant rape ;)

Friday, March 28th 2014, 12:00pm

hellion still rapes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, gibberlings.
I

Friday, March 28th 2014, 12:59pm

Yulian

Intermediate

Indeed, I miss those old days too. Would be something if they go back to beta it was so much fun back then

Friday, March 28th 2014, 1:28pm

What people hated about FoD was the double punishment for death and the fact it encouraged griefing. 25% reduction to stats per stack and since you need to lose the re spawn protection to talk to a servant of light to remove it you were defenseless against someone with a banner camping the spawn(rather common event back in Beta).

The curse that replaced it wasn't any better since the curse made you pay for death. This made a lot of people quit since death was so common. It wasn't so bad later when the charms to prevent the curse were made free from the CS.

FoD was 5% reduction per stack. You could run away from the banner while invisible. So what if you had to talk to another servant of light? Keeping to the roads in Asee-Teph is safe. It was a fine death penalty. People who complained about it never played a real hardcore game. Yes, I am looking at you "you died and you dropped your super rare armor+5" Lineage fucking 2.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, March 28th 2014, 11:35pm

warria26

Beginner

i hope they dont wreck sky forge when they host it soon
Kaylaa - Bard/Kaykutta - Warden
Disturbed Guild NA
Am no superhero
mes que un club
:) :) :) :) :)

Saturday, March 29th 2014, 8:45am

Just bring back old real PvP and skilled players not rich players like now!!!

Old Asee PvP is amazing i never see in other games( iplay all mmmorpg) and i can say "Old Asee pvp is the best pvp in all games"

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 1:15pm

They made sumt for people like u... SUBSCRIPTION SERVER!
If you dont like the boutique, go there.
The possibility is given, its your choice to stay here so stop qq'ing :P
I

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 8:17pm

I hate when people always post these let's go back to the old day post. Only good thing i can see about the old days( BEFORE GIPAT) is that being good was based on ur gear, and the highest u could get up to was legendary and no dragonic aspect. Aside from that i like the new changes that allods has brought that why i always pop into the game every major patch or so. ( I'M JUST WAITING FOR RUNES TO BE ELIMINATED COMPLETELY LOL)

PS: I must say the community is so antisocial on both servers (zone.shout,world chat is not flooding like before :/)

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 11:41pm

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

allods cbt2 patch was the best period.

Monday, March 31st 2014, 1:06am

i dont think we are playing the same game for years lol

Summoner at lvl 40 = 1 fever = 1 raid wiped
Mage at lvl 40 = full healer

and mages can 1 hit people ever since lvl 51 patch + they got uber defense: 6 barriers, 6 illusions, flash + 2 extra illusions, invisibilty, they cast while running with skills that 1 hit you, they slow you perma with comets and if no comets use 0.1sec of ice flow and you have full duration

and as for me lvl 40 patch to lvl 47 was pretty much me vs full raids that couldn't kill me and by my own i remember i took once 14 people by my own (really fair right?) and some other people they remember me and tele running around yasker with 24 people or even more after us without being able to kill us or we could kill majority of them and than we died and now tell is it fair ? it's not for me. I love this patch i believe it's pretty much balanced for everyone and i'm having fun once again in the game. For me this is just a non sence of a post tbh.

Monday, March 31st 2014, 1:09am

than show me how can a warden tanking GT or even any heroic back than please, and how careful u need to be ? i believe while taking u take damage or maybe you dont idk anymore :huh:

Monday, March 31st 2014, 1:09am

Just bring back old real PvP and skilled players not rich players like now!!!

Old Asee PvP is amazing i never see in other games( iplay all mmmorpg) and i can say "Old Asee pvp is the best pvp in all games"

those afternoons in asee :D <3

Monday, March 31st 2014, 1:11am

AHHHH I FORGOT SOMETHING DO I NEED TO MENTION THE AMOUNT OF EXPLOITS THAT THERE WAS IN THE GAME ? YES REALLY FUNNY IMBA BEST AGES EVER 4 GT BOSSES BEING EXPLOITED BY SOME DUDES WHILE MOST OF THE OTHERS WERE WITH EPIC IMBA PATCH INDEED

Monday, March 31st 2014, 1:14am

well i started at gipat patch ... but still remember well those times of EW mages .. imba MHs .. or KD-locking wardens ... or immortal holy palas
srsly fair

now its better and with new stats it seem to be rly interesting cuz it eliminated best gear ( every1 wear the same ) troubles .. at last a bit

Monday, March 31st 2014, 8:06am

Ninim

Beginner

than show me how can a warden tanking GT or even any heroic back than please, and how careful u need to be ? i believe while taking u take damage or maybe you dont idk anymore :huh:

I'm not saying wardens were anywhere close to the OPness of melee healers, and obviously I'm not talking about tanking GT, but I most definitely could tank most heroics and astrals (before any legendaries and probably not even full epics). Most people back then, wardens themselves included, had no idea what all wardens were capable of ^_^ We were the ultimate jacks of all trades that could do a little bit of everything. Tanking heroics was one of those things.

Wardens had rubies for +30% armor (giving them basically plate armor), +150% dodge, +150% parry, extra magic resist, Bark Shield, two great heals, aquas... as long as it was mostly physical damage coming in, wardens could be built pretty darn tanky ;) Keeping aggro was the biggest problem but if someone stole aggro it was their own fault, really >.<

Monday, March 31st 2014, 8:56am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

I also think that game changed for better. Ton of very annoying and ridiculous things were removed. The only thing that i miss is this "climate" that Allods used to have. During all this years something happend, i don't know what (maybe i got older :< ) that removed that special kind of feeling when playing this game. It's really hard to explain. Hope someday it return ;)

Monday, March 31st 2014, 9:31am

Evish

Beginner

I also think that game changed for better. Ton of very annoying and ridiculous things were removed. The only thing that i miss is this "climate" that Allods used to have. During all this years something happend, i don't know what (maybe i got older :< ) that removed that special kind of feeling when playing this game. It's really hard to explain. Hope someday it return ;)

I know that feeling :D I kinda miss the time i was starting to level my 1st character, the unique atmosphere of Nezebgrad, the low level armor models (now even if u level reinc, it's all costumes and flashy mounts :P), grouping up for dungeons, taking walks on pipes above Nezeb (oh how long it took me to learn how to jump there, dunno if it's even possible anymore)... Idk, it just feels nostalgic as hell, doesn't it? I still like to run around Nezeb from time to time just to listen to the music :D But it's the same with every game, at some point the setting and freshness takes 2nd place, as u focus on mechanics and endgame rat race.

Well, all there is left for us to do is to sit here like a bunch of old hags and talk about the "good old days", that are only so good because they are old and so are we, hence memory problems :P