You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 9:36am

Quinz

Intermediate

• "Quinz" started this thread

The important questions for a semi-hardcore player

If I buy the monthly package containing some of the necessary stuff like runes etc., will that be enough in order to perform well in end-game PvP and raids? Or is there anything in addition to this that is considered very necessary in order to perform well against all the wallet warriors out there?

How about battle/assault armor, what exactly is this and how much of a difference does it make on performance?

How important is it to have your own up-to-date ship? Are ships necessary for anything of importance today, and would it be worth saving up gold for upgrades for your ship?

Are there battle mounts? If yes, do they have a big impact on PvP? If so, how much would it cost me to get a decent battle mount?

Would you say there's a minimal difference, or a huge difference between a max geared player with full level 10+ runes and a max geared player with full level 8 runes, in terms of damage and armor?

Do you still upgrade armor using hammers and materials? Could you estimate how much gold it would cost to get max leveled gear using only gold to buy the tools? Or approximately how much money it would cost to buy the cheapest type of hammers from the CS to max out your gear?

I'm asking these questions, because I play games on a semi-hardcore level and I don't want to spend a shit load of time on a game only to get rekt end-game. I know power ain't cheap in this game, and I have no intention of being the very best, but I want to be at a level where skill has a higher impact than the difference in CS items. The question is though, is that even a thing in this game?

Thank you for your time.

NOTE: These questions are for players on F2P New Frontier server. I know about the subscription server and its advantages and disadvantages, no need to advertise it here.

EDIT: Please no trolling, whining, raging, arguing or going off-topic. Simply answer the questions with your knowledge and/or opinion and I can hopefully get a clean good overview of information. Thank you.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Quinz" (Jan 16th 2018, 11:08am)

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 12:17pm

Either troll post or game account has been bought together with the forum one.

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 2:05pm

Quinz

Intermediate

• "Quinz" started this thread

Either troll post or game account has been bought together with the forum one.
I haven't played the game for a long time, and last time I did have a return to the game I was too overwhelmed by all the new stuff and it just felt like the game was requiring too much money from me in order to perform at a decent level and progress in a decent pace.

However, I now have a bit more time to spend on games and I'm currently craving the mmorpg genre a lot, which brings me back to Allods.
I also don't mind spending some money each month, like a subscription, by buying the monthly package with necessities. I do want to make sure though that I won't spend all this time and money only to get disappointed in the end.

These questions are important to me so that I know what I can expect before I might start digging into this game again.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 4:00pm

dragagon

Unregistered

If I buy the monthly package containing some of the necessary stuff like runes etc., will that be enough in order to perform well in end-game PvP and raids? Or is there anything in addition to this that is considered very necessary in order to perform well against all the wallet warriors out there?

The pack of rarities will help you with most of necessities, aside from p5, but that's somehing you can work on on the sideways.
Against wallet warriors you will never have enough because they are 'wallet warriors' (incl me) we buy whatever there is straight away and keep up with every sale, so you either join that mentality or you'll be behind that forever.

Bare in mind that depending what role you want to play in the game, you won't need as much cs. I could explain you this all in discord but rather do it here so it's visible for more players.
DPS/killer role players will need the most of CS to succeed in what they want to do. You have supportive and tank roles that won't need as much cs.

How about battle/assault armor, what exactly is this and how much of a difference does it make on performance?

It's basically extra hp (and if having the right cs on top) an extra heal.
The biggest advantage is that you gain about 1.7-2M extra hp depending on your max hp, and it starts to kick in once you reach 50% of your hp. Once destroyed it will heal you by 20% of your max hp value if you have the right CS (scrolls), the rest of the assault shell CS is a bit of extra's, you can find them back on the allods sale history.

How important is it to have your own up-to-date ship? Are ships necessary for anything of importance today, and would it be worth saving up gold for upgrades for your ship?

This has sadly become irrelevant for now.
The only good advantage for this is farming guild and order prestige in AS which is basically only worth it if you have a conistant group of players that do it everytime AS is up (2x/day)

Are there battle mounts? If yes, do they have a big impact on PvP? If so, how much would it cost me to get a decent battle mount?

Yes there are battle mounts.
The only impact i see them having in pvp is for dominions which would be the (forgot name atm) that can place shields on the capture points that wins time against the enemy team. And the spinner mount that's used to drag in single players in the group to quickly take care of so that you will face only 5 v 6 instead of 6v6 or just win time in the end because the enemy team waits again for that one player.

Would you say there's a minimal difference, or a huge difference between a max geared player with full level 10+ runes and a max geared player with full level 8 runes, in terms of damage and armor?

armor won't change, only damage will be different.
How much damage depenpds on the formula that's expained here on the forums once, you can find it here.

Do you still upgrade armor using hammers and materials? Could you estimate how much gold it would cost to get max leveled gear using only gold to buy the tools? Or approximately how much money it would cost to buy the cheapest type of hammers from the CS to max out your gear?

Yes hammers and materials are still used to upgrade armor and weapons.
You cannot estimate how much gold it would cost because it depends on what tools you'd use.
You shouldn't really focus anymore on gearing up while investing. My tip would be to increase gear only by green tools or by crafted tools if you wish to.

Thursday, January 18th 2018, 2:26pm

You cannot estimate how much gold it would cost because it depends on what tools you'd use.
You shouldn't really focus anymore on gearing up while investing. My tip would be to increase gear only by green tools or by crafted tools if you wish to.

I cannot agree with this. It is easy to estimate cost but it is irrelevant now. New patch is so close you just can't get enough materials from astral to upgrade gear.
Also, crafted fabled hammers are more expensive than cs ones. Legendary ones are just a bit cheaper (crafted, prices in ah are usually higher than cs now).
IMO: best option starting now is get legend drops from s23/24 and upgrade crafted to epic with green hammers from npc then wait for patch.