You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 3:23pm

Coming back after a few years - advice needed.

Hi everyone,

With the arrival of 9.0 I decided to give Allods another try after a few years, so I hopped into the F2P server (the populated one) and after the tutorial I noticed I got this miraculous ark thing which, much to my surprise, leveled my
character to 75 and gave me a bajillion items which took me around 2 hours to sort out between all the gear boxes, the mounts, the coupons, etc... This also got me around 20 or 30k gold, which I'm guessing is not too much or else people would just be creating
new characters and sending the gold to their mains.

So, after sorting all the stuff I thought "what now?. I noticed I automatically got a few quests from different levels which I suppose are important quests that need to be done, so that's fine, but I walked around the main city a little
bit and saw dozens upon dozens of different quests that might also be important since they appear to give rubies and other things (each class trainer seemed to have 1 of these quests). I started to feel a little bit confused here, since I also checked
a few random zones and all seemed to have a lot of quests and I'm not sure whether they're important or not. I also have a bunch of different teleport locations and I really have no idea where I should go at lvl 75 since I got around lvl 18 before I left the
game a few years ago.

In short: I'm utterly confused about what to do and I'm starting to think that leveling to 75 might not have been the best idea, but if I don't use this ark it looks like I will lose on a lot of goodies (many items seem to be time-limited).
I've read about that reincarnation thing - can't I just use this miraculous ark and then reincarnate so I can slowly start from the beginning?

Also, I think you don't get this ark on the P2P server so I wouldn't mind just playing there, but from what I've read this server has been mostly abandoned by the devs and there's a low variety of mounts, costumes and many other things
- not sure if that's true or not as most of the info I read from this server is very outdated but it seems to be a watered down version of the F2P server. I'm not too worried about the low playerbase since I'd mostly just play with my wife.

Sorry for the long post, but I'd appreciate any tips or suggestions regarding what to do as a brand new lvl 75 and whether the P2P server is worth it or not.

Thanks a bunch.

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 4:59pm

unter the map is a "questfinder" icon (a bound scroll with a magnifying glass)
this is the best option for those who feel lost (it helped me so often when i was new in this game, i also felt a bit lost at the beginning since there are sooo many things to explore :) )

and yes the P2P is a watered down version of the F2P server as many iems are not available at all and so on
also if you want to spend a fixed amount of $ / month you can also do that on free server but once you dont want to spend you can still play...

so my recommendation is to just play around with things and slowly learn about them by this way :)
good luck on your journey!

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 5:14pm

unter the map is a "questfinder" icon (a bound scroll with a magnifying glass)
this is the best option for those who feel lost (it helped me so often when i was new in this game, i also felt a bit lost at the beginning since there are sooo many things to explore :) )

and yes the P2P is a watered down version of the F2P server as many iems are not available at all and so on
also if you want to spend a fixed amount of $ / month you can also do that on free server but once you dont want to spend you can still play...

so my recommendation is to just play around with things and slowly learn about them by this way :)
good luck on your journey!
That sounds pretty handy - I will give it a try.

Much appreciated :)

Cheers.

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 11:04am

Jinn

Intermediate

Welcome back.
^ . ^

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 12:07pm

My first step, after claim all the gifts from the backpack, would be to not pick the jar from the mail, until i become familiar to the game: the mail takes 29 days to expire.

Second, find the portal and go to the astral academy, then find the forge and ask to one of the npcs there to get a box with gear. That gear is the best you can get at that level (75).

Then go to the npc (forgot the name)to get the daily buff: at the empire side it is on the basement of Yazker's tower, and on the league side i think it is inside a temple near the auction house.

Then you can get familiar with the game. Maybe find what you need to do to unlock the reincarnations, and when complete the requierements, then pick the item from the mail

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 2:59pm

Welcome back.
Thank you :-)

My first step, after claim all the gifts from the backpack, would be to not pick the jar from the mail, until i become familiar to the game: the mail takes 29 days to expire.

Second, find the portal and go to the astral academy, then find the forge and ask to one of the npcs there to get a box with gear. That gear is the best you can get at that level (75).

Then go to the npc (forgot the name)to get the daily buff: at the empire side it is on the basement of Yazker's tower, and on the league side i think it is inside a temple near the auction house.

Then you can get familiar with the game. Maybe find what you need to do to unlock the reincarnations, and when complete the requierements, then pick the item from the mail
Sounds good! I will do that - thank you very much for the little guide, I didn't know about the Astral academy. The daily buff I remember a little bit from when the game came out. I think there was also a daily quest to get mount feed, I'll have to look into that.

Thanks again.

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 4:30pm

You are wrong. At 75 level there should be mail from Nefer Ur in mailbox. One starting newest quest line in Sogot. After few quests that require just going to npc and talking you get level 93 gear. This one is best available for 75 level char now. After that this gear will be available at npc in astral academy you mentioned. Just need to roll several sets or use attack and defense insignias to set proper stats.

might also be important since they appear to give rubies and other things (each class trainer seemed to have 1 of these quests).

All class trainers have exactly same quest - just one. In the past it was visible only at your class trainer, now you can get it from any of them and it will vanish from all. This one require cash shop stuff or really long running around various maps to complete.

a few random zones and all seemed to have a lot of quests and I'm not sure whether they're important or not.. I also have a bunch of different teleport locations and I really have no idea where I should go

Icons over npc head and in quest log mark quests as repeatable, side quest, important quest and world mystery quest.
You have 2 things to focus now: first - complete Sogot and levl up to 80, second - complete all world mysteries to get rewards from them (rubies and few skills). For Sogot just follow questline i mentioned for gear. For world mysteries just start in city and do all quests marked important and world mystery. In most cases you can just click quest name on right side to use automove.

Sunday, February 25th 2018, 12:55am

@ertil i tested that before i posted, you can claim the level 93 gear, from the forge's npc, without do any quests.