You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 11:08pm

Endgame content questions.

Hi everyone,

So I've been enjoying the game lately, got to level 80 on my Demonologist tank and started doing all the recommended quests - ship is being built and road to greatness still has a long way to go. Also been doing a few of the easy raids to unlock rubies.

Apart from those things I have found the following activities:

- Distortions / Dungeons.
- Kingdom of Elements repeatable quests.
- A few other minor things like the Tka Rik cave with the trials and seasonal events.
- PVP (not interested).

My questions are:

1.- Are there any other activities that give useful rewards? Like, any other lvl 80 zones apart from KoE? The patch notes mention something called Heroic Adventures but I've no idea where to start those.

2.- I'm a bit confused because none of the enemies give almost any kind of loot (no gear or money). Repeatable quests give spark exp and those coins that you can use to get stuff in KoE, but nothing related to gear. And it looks like you have to do Distortions like 20 or 30 times in order to craft a single green piece of gear - am I missing something? I'm OK with slowly earning new equipment but it seems very limited and a bit boring if mobs only drop materials.

3.- Is the astral ship used for anything anymore or is it outdated content?

I've tried googling most of this stuff but the info is always very outdated (like 2 or 3 years old) or non-existant so I'm not sure if it's still valid or not.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 4:20am

dragagon

Unregistered

1.- Are there any other activities that give useful rewards? Like, any other lvl 80 zones apart from KoE? The patch notes mention something called Heroic Adventures but I've no idea where to start those.

Heroic Aventures are to be unlocked in the future, they are still locked to prevent the active up to date players progressing too much ahead of the newly coming players that are still learning the game. This way the devs allow new players to catch up on knowledge so we can all start gearing at the same starter line.
KOE is the only endgame zone for useful dailies to do.
These increase the spark lv you have that gives bonusses to certain gameplay aspects and are very good in longterm. Ctrl+l ingame for more info.

2.- I'm a bit confused because none of the enemies give almost any kind of loot (no gear or money). Repeatable quests give spark exp and those coins that you can use to get stuff in KoE, but nothing related to gear. And it looks like you have to do Distortions like 20 or 30 times in order to craft a single green piece of gear - am I missing something? I'm OK with slowly earning new equipment but it seems very limited and a bit boring if mobs only drop materials.

Mobs in astral, bosses in particular, are used to burn your astral keys. Astral keys is your only limited resource to gear up half you gear. They are being used when killing bosses, opening the boxes they drop. The gear crafted from these are the ones with a circling arrow when you look at your equipment UI.
Depending on what quality type of tools you use, you convert x amount of materials from those shards. There are always 3 different numbers given on the shards or dust, explaining how much you will gain for what tool quality you use, divided into these: worst; green tools ( anvil NPC) , average; Excellent tools ( AH/crafting profession/CS), best; Dominion tools (weekly reward from dominion ranking or Collector Editions).
The mobs in astral can drop astral gear as well but these are very rng, these DROPPABLE gears are the ones WITHOUT circling arrows, these are to be farmed from rng drops in astral, or to be crafted with professions.
You can also craft the astral keys type of gear with profession, but these are temprary replacers only since astral keys come over time. Then why use astral keys? The astral keys ones are stronger/better.

KOE currency is mostly aimed to improving your own maze (end of path of greatness), but most players use it to buy symbol of glories to boost their guilds.

Distortions are better to be done for dust farming in a more efficient way timewise, or farming insignia's to optimize your stats. Elsewise distortions have no purpose.
What is dust used for? Check the transmute tab at the anvil.

3.- Is the astral ship used for anything anymore or is it outdated content?

Astral ships are used on a daily basis.
They are used to do Anomalous Sector and Astral Hunt which are both required for spark lv progression. These are weekly requirements.
Aside from these events, ships are used to farm around in astral, kill demons, pray for good ship loot (cannons, shields, etc) and improve your ship that way.

If you have any more questions, hoping to hear of you ^^

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 7:22am

Thank you so much dragagon for the greatly detailed answers.

I'll keep working on unlocking all the remaining stuff, even though it looks like the path to greatness might take a while but I like long meaningful grinds anyway so that's good.

I still have to unlock something called "Orders" by doing the questline in Anmer I think so that's another thing to do. Plus it looks like re-incarnating into a lvl 1 might be a good idea to check out all the things I've missed since I used the miraculous ark to get to 75 instantly.

Just one last question you might be able to help me with, please:

- How does one get gold in this game? I gave the Dungeons a go with my wife (she plays a mage and I play a demo tank) and we filled the rest of the team with mercenaries. We didn't get past one of the bosses but that's OK - the only thing is that each merc costs a bit more than 3k gold and mobs in dungeons don't drop gold apart from a few grey items in the chests. I got some gold by selling KoE leather and silk but I don't know where to farm more apart from buying the gold coupons in KoE and the Tika Rik cave.

I'm sorry for all the questions - we're enjoying the game a lot and just want to get some up to date info so we can enjoy it even more. I have to say that the best thing to do is probably level up from the start since this game seems to have so many beautiful zones and instances.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:28am

- How does one get gold in this game? I gave the Dungeons a go with my wife (she plays a mage and I play a demo tank) and we filled the rest of the team with mercenaries. We didn't get past one of the bosses but that's OK - the only thing is that each merc costs a bit more than 3k gold and mobs in dungeons don't drop gold apart from a few grey items in the chests. I got some gold by selling KoE leather and silk but I don't know where to farm more apart from buying the gold coupons in KoE and the Tika Rik cave.

Astral allods - dungeons you mention can be done with mercenaries in 2 ways.
1 - press Go button - you are moved there instantly and pay for mercenaries service.
2 - press Join button - places you in queue. It takes up to 5 minutes to gather party with other players and if party is not filled you can get mercenaries for free to fill remaining slots.

For gold you can use KoE currency that drop from mobs and quest rewards to buy gold symbols at npc. You can also use symbols from Goblinball, PvP or some astral ship activities. PvP can also speed up private allod building after reaching greatness.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:47am

Astral allods - dungeons you mention can be done with mercenaries in 2 ways.
1 - press Go button - you are moved there instantly and pay for mercenaries service.
2 - press Join button - places you in queue. It takes up to 5 minutes to gather party with other players and if party is not filled you can get mercenaries for free to fill remaining slots.

For gold you can use KoE currency that drop from mobs and quest rewards to buy gold symbols at npc. You can also use symbols from Goblinball, PvP or some astral ship activities. PvP can also speed up private allod building after reaching greatness.
I see... so you don't get the gold directly from the mobs, you buy the gold symbols. This game is a bit strange sometimes ^^

Also, excellent tip for the Mercs, I didn't know you could get them for free by joining that way (I'm guessing that the auto-party feature isn't widely used as I see most of the people LFG directly in the chat).

Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Cheers.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:52am

If you got a good Astral Ship, you will be able to farm Astral Nuggets fast and so if you manage to do a run faster than a Astral Allod, unless you use crab buff each run then your better off that way, but if you are faster than a normal run then go for Astral Nugget farming.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 2:51pm

Currently nugget farming isn't worth it unless you got really good ship, and I wouldn't recommend gearing one up for a new player. You would also need to be more than 1 person to farm.

Since going to astral allod uses double keys it's much faster anyway.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 2:59pm

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the info ☺

I wouldn't be farming alone since I play with my wife but she wasn't even able to do the tutorial ship quest on her own so I have serious doubts about her astral sailing abilities :D

Cheers.

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 1:12pm

I've played this game for more than a two years , when it launched the first time , I will say that this game is p2w , it was , and it's still , and will always be like that , even with this new company ( basically this company is mail.ru ( the publisher of the original russian version ) ) so nothing will change , except that it will get new major updates quickly , the game is kinda old now . but, the endgame is kinda cool , Astral is not that challenging but it's still fun , the community is great , especially since they merged the NA and the EU servers , with the Turkish and The Arabic servers too , so basically it's good , pvp , humm ur not gonna like it if u can't pay . the game itself is good , u should give it a try , who knows , maybe u'll like it
Regards Alex Bitman.

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 8:50am

Gold sources:
1. KoE repeatable quests (once per day per main character or reincs). With order buff it is 45-60k gold per day.
2. 1st win on Skirmishes (buy gold symbols for pvp emblems)<- not for me since I don't like pvp too:)
3. Anomalous Sector, can be done with poorly equipped ship (green items from NPC in astral academy). 8k gold/reinc plus anomalous matter to buy more things for ship... or symbol of gold.
4. Possibly goblin matches if NPC offers symbol of gold.
5. Crafting, selling some stuff like crafted wands, weapons, armor parts might be profitable too (but it takes really long time to gather materials without boosters from boutique).

Orders are very usefull because they give bonuses to certain game activities and You can switch them easily now once unlocked (KoE emblem droprate multiplier, bonus experience from quests etc).

Endgame content for PvE player is quite limited but just take a look at Auction House items (for example assault shells). PvE game goal for me is slowly getting part of those items I consider usefull. There are also costumes (wardobe), mount collection, ship upgrading (for now on hold but I intend to get back to it later).

Leveling up another reinc from different class is also fun, especially as a couple. Just pick different class for each new reinc You make (You will benefit from that later too). Just do some dailies You want on primary lvl 80s, then switch to reincs but level up only when Smile of Fortune is in game or one of the orders is giving 50% boost to experience earned (without that You will be stuck to grinding mobs for getting that 1-3 more lvls You need to proceed to next allod).

Allods is an RPG game too so if You have not done it before start reading quests to see why there are allods (isles) in the game, why there is an empire and league etc. This part of game is interesting too:)

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 2:20pm

but level up only when Smile of Fortune is in game or one of the orders is giving 50% boost to experience earned (without that You will be stuck to grinding mobs for getting that 1-3 more lvls You need to proceed to next allod).

Just use Time Void to get 2 levels when it's level range change (it is most efficient of first levels of level range). Skip all quests that are not defense - defense quest are most exp/time efficient. In most cases you can even make some coffe and watch level going up with mercenaries (free) ;).