You are not logged in.

F2P Crabs

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 6:02am

dragagon

Unregistered

Crabs

Crabs.
Pay 150 in a month to get premium and you get crabs for a month (til the 25th of the month).
What is "crabs"?
Crabs is a skill you gain that you can use only in astral.
Once inside you can transform your whole party into a crab that splits itself into 4 different classes: Mage, Psi, Healer and Tank crab.
Each has its role;

Now why am I writing this?
I want this to be gone forever and good. It breaks the gameplay. It makes the daily challenge in pve boring and tedious. There is no real oldschool holy trinity anymore. I miss the tank, heal, dps thing. Everyone nowadays is just a crab in any pve content having a rave party firing electricity bolts and doing 500% dps than usual classes would do.
It's not fun! It destroys the purpose of class gameplay in pve! New players are being spoiled and never learn how to play their class in pve! Most new players don't even know what DPS is, let alone have a DPS meter!
People cannot evolve themselves into this mmo with crabs. Imagine one player here from Allods going to another mmo where they go "so you're familiar with mmo pve content?" and the Allods Online dude would go "yes!" once inside he goes "Where's the crab?" and an eternity forever alone follows.
It's not healthy!
It's boring!
It's bad!
It sucks!
Remove crabs from the game awhole.
This is my request, sharing my opinion, about the game that I love and cherish.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "dragagon" (Feb 2nd 2018, 6:07am)

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 6:31am

Next step is PvP crab für 200 a month :-P.

I support this thread. It shows once again how p2w allods is

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 6:36am

I support this too. They should go.

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 6:58am

i am totally disagree with you.

crab is supporting to low cs players. they cannot find parties to hard sectors if crab does not exist. you only can see 10-15 top gs-cs players farm others in bgs or in koe or in any pvp content. it's going like that now too but think that how it would be if 90% of players of the server can't get high quality items. it causes of rage quits from the game. you can take that "crab" thing as a compensation of hard pve content.

crab is the most useful item for healthy server process.

you can still do astral without crab but crab is the best thing for so many people to stay as a part of the game(if you are not cser or you have no time etc...)

It's healthy!
It's fun!
It's good!
It's superb!

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 9:14am

I agree, with 9.0 coming up you won't need crab anymore, as everyone will be running the same sector as it is just 1 green, rare, epic, legendary, fable sectors to choose from, Heroics needs a proper party or maybe have crab only available in Heroics. People no longer need to find parties unless they prefer to run with friends.

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 10:18am

Totally aggree this crap crabs have to be gone forever! :thumbup:

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 10:18am

To be honest, I don't agree with you all. Crabs are perfect to do quick run and spend your keys.
This way, you have more time to do compass runs. On compass, you need huge dps, good tank, good healer, a support who understand strategies and a good communication inside the party. If you go compass you will be able to have 115% on every stuff you have. But I see so few with it. 115% on every fables stuff is almost as you have 2 more stuffs available comparing to random with 100% (speaking of stats).

Compasses take time and they aren't easy at beginning. If you want to get the next level compass you need to complete this one without using crab buff.
But this is challenging. Let the crab runs to spend keys on low non interesting zones.

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 11:27am

I only have a problem that crabs are so expensive, 150 euro a month, yeee. Its pretty fun to do once in a while :) Its also the only way we can access S3 for nübs like me :D

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 3:52pm

I have to agree with blue falcon it helps people in smaller guilds to do hard sectors you have the choice to go crab if u like no one says u have to do it so I think crabs should stay

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 7:30pm

freestile

Professional

i dislike crabs because it's one of the numerous things that make the game too casual BUT saying that we don't have to use it if we don't like it is stupid, it's like saying "evreyone can use a ferrari for this race but you can use your crappy car if you don't like it"
if there are easy ways to get things done in a game players will use them, it's up to the devs to make the game challenging not to the players to play in hardmode...

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 3:58pm

Imho crabs are useful part of the game even despite horrendous price tag to get them. The question is: Is it worth it?

S1 is a bit softened S2 smuggled under s1 name (quite sneaky thing to do to player base...). Not to mention I get the impression s1 was designed for gear lvl 95... and we get gear lvl 94 from quest line in Sogot- a mistake in development process?

My only issue with crabs is the price. Even if I was insanely rich I woudn't pay for game 150EUR/month: the most expensive sub to MMO I am aware of is around 40EUR per month (full access, no temporary items for RL cash). Why would I spend those 110 EUR more on Allods Online? So far developers failed to convince me it is even worth to pay more than 10 EUR/month (on average) on their game. Take closer look on what You are offered for Your money and compare it to what You can get for less in other games...

Premium system is a nice thing (a kind of custom sub) but prices to get it are overkill. Crabs are overkill too but only when You consider price to get them.

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 1:37am

Midnight

Beginner

Crab buffs

In all sense of fairness the crab buff should b removed from game cause free to play players shouldn't have to suffer the crap of too hard to do allods that are mostly imposible to get through that thos who use this buff get through easily, am tired of dying with 1 shot alone no matter what pots I run or other things I can use to try to lessn the dmg these new allod mobs do to u. Close the end tbh of even bothering to try to get through these new rubish allods

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 3:06am

dragagon

Unregistered

In all sense of fairness the crab buff should b removed from game cause free to play players shouldn't have to suffer the crap of too hard to do allods that are mostly imposible to get through that thos who use this buff get through easily, am tired of dying with 1 shot alone no matter what pots I run or other things I can use to try to lessn the dmg these new allod mobs do to u. Close the end tbh of even bothering to try to get through these new rubish allods

I hope you're not a tank?
In that case, you're supposed to be "oneshot".
It's a teamgame after all.
Dying on boss fights? Make sure you are doing the right tactics.
Still dying? Make sure to run 250 caution and 250 concentration as dps, run more concentration if your dps is low.

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 3:44am

Midnight

Beginner

Still dying? Make sure to run 250 caution and 250 concentration as dps, run more concentration if your dps is low

I hope you're not a tank?
In that case, you're supposed to be "oneshot".
It's a teamgame after all.
Dying on boss fights? Make sure you are doing the right tactics.
Still dying? Make sure to run 250 caution and 250 concentration as dps, run more concentration if your dps is low.
with first green gears? xD Ive played allods since 3.0 so know basics of most ones.. this patch has thrown in some new stuff with boss fights... ther is no info on what the correct way to do stuff anywhere as always.... an takes a bit to work out after dying so many times to whats needed......am not the only person this is happening to. everyone Ive spoken to talks about how its over top hard atm. also point is, u must stay alive long enuf to even be able to see what is working :P and plz dont try to compare free to play with low adds to their char to one like yourself who is cash shopped......not meaning to be rude an sorry if that sounds that way but its true

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 4:07am

i dont have "premium" and i never had before
however i always do the "random astral"
so sometimes there is a player in the party which activates the crabmode

and its AWESOME...!
getting down to business within a few minutes, just a few buttons to press and done
its not like ppl enjoy gearing up so much, they just do it for the sake of having the better gear in the end in battleground (or any other PVP activities)
so even if you do not have "premim" status you will still profit from those who have

i really dont see how someone can hate on something that shortens the a bit boring PVE part of the game :S

and isnt there a multiple-hour cooldow on the crabmorpher? i think a player told me yo have to wait 20 hours to activate it, someone can confirm this?

In all sense of fairness

please understand this game is NOT about fairness, fairplay and all these things (thankfully!)
its about achieving advantages and becoming superior, profiting from beeing superior and crush the inferior

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 4:20am

Midnight

Beginner

i dont have "premium" and i never had before
however i always do the "random astral"
so sometimes there is a player in the party which activates the crabmode

and its AWESOME...!
getting down to business within a few minutes, just a few buttons to press and done
its not like ppl enjoy gearing up so much, they just do it for the sake of having the better gear in the end in battleground (or any other PVP activities)
so even if you do not have "premim" status you will still profit from those who have

i really dont see how someone can hate on something that shortens the a bit boring PVE part of the game :S

and isnt there a multiple-hour cooldow on the crabmorpher? i think a player told me yo have to wait 20 hours to activate it, someone can confirm this?

In all sense of fairness

please understand this game is NOT about fairness, fairplay and all these things (thankfully!)
its about achieving advantages and becoming superior, profiting from beeing superior and crush the inferior
ye well if you cant gear up then whats the point? xD you must be able to clear an allod at the very least even it takes u awhile......and Im not talkn about hours to do one lousy allod... max an hr in extreems and ofc you want to crush the inferior ...allods will just become more empty and they will yet again have to think of something new to bring in new players which most will probably stop at astral entry due to this rubish happening..lost so many friends in allods due to first of crappy patch ideas..allods used to be in a class of its own.....unique to any other game.... right down to the white gear you could once get for basic leveling gears from npcs in the citys an surrounds such as empire... so pretty the items were......now all stripped from the game sadly.

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 4:28am

so your problem is clearing an allod?

there is free basic gear at the NPC-girl next to the anvil at astral academy "Naia Windina"
and i saw a lot of rookies in astral in last time which performed well (they did not even had the 6 moth mark!)

just sign DPS, use rowdy and matron and if you do a little less dps as a rookie it still wont hurt overall - you might even end up in a grp with some strong veteran which will speed up things even more 8o
its really easy
if you stll have problems there might is some capital error in your spec / stats / skill / bossknowledge..? ( it took me 5 or 6 tries on some bosses as im not used to "hard" mode at all but once you uderstand what the boss does you wont take an extraattempt the next time)
lets elaborate... head up, we will find a way :)

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 8:19am

freestile

Professional

i really dont see how someone can hate on something that shortens the a bit boring PVE part of the game

yes crabs aren't the problem (even if i'd prefer it to pop randomly like it used to happen with astral buffs) even if possibly making each and every run with them isn't normal, it should remain an exceptional touch of fun imo

The real problem here is that most people actually wait for a crab run because the gear system is boring af, to a point that no one fels guilty of using crabs or think they're missing out on anything interesting...

but as 9.0 is just another one of these years since 7.0 with all that changes is the logo of the game and none of the big issues get fixed... what could we expect :whistling:

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 9:19am

dragagon

Unregistered

and plz dont try to compare free to play with low adds to their char to one like yourself who is cash shopped

But free character get loads of goo CS items, enough to really dominate simlple astral.
I am also working on some boss guides if that's intressting for you and these "others", I was hoping new people would need them :)
If you are not a free character, try making one and see what good CS you get for FREE.

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 11:48am

Crabs.
Pay 150 in a month to get premium and you get crabs for a month (til the 25th of the month).
What is "crabs"?
Crabs is a skill you gain that you can use only in astral.
Once inside you can transform your whole party into a crab that splits itself into 4 different classes: Mage, Psi, Healer and Tank crab.
Each has its role;

Now why am I writing this?
I want this to be gone forever and good. It breaks the gameplay. It makes the daily challenge in pve boring and tedious. There is no real oldschool holy trinity anymore. I miss the tank, heal, dps thing. Everyone nowadays is just a crab in any pve content having a rave party firing electricity bolts and doing 500% dps than usual classes would do.
It's not fun! It destroys the purpose of class gameplay in pve! New players are being spoiled and never learn how to play their class in pve! Most new players don't even know what DPS is, let alone have a DPS meter!
People cannot evolve themselves into this mmo with crabs. Imagine one player here from Allods going to another mmo where they go "so you're familiar with mmo pve content?" and the Allods Online dude would go "yes!" once inside he goes "Where's the crab?" and an eternity forever alone follows.
It's not healthy!
It's boring!
It's bad!
It sucks!
Remove crabs from the game awhole.

I think totally exactly the same thing as you since the introduction of the crab on allods that almost made me stop the game. Alone it ruins the game as much as the runes & co, it is clearly the second worst evil of allods. Where is pve? Give us back pve. Let it be a rare random effet, it really was perfect like that.
Save the pve, save Allods, remove crab.

In fact as I write this, I sincerely realize that I have downplayed what I said. Honestly for me the crab ruins the game more than the runes. It kills all interest. It kills the game.
I hope they will come back to this point. But after several updates he is still there, always so abominable, I hope they will change their way of seeing things a day close