You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 21st 2017, 5:07pm

Achievements

Hey guys,

Recently i came up with an idea of adding achievement system to the game. For instance for getting 25k reputation in each faction, player would get special costume of the map faction is in, something like that. Or doing a specific boss on let's say the hardest difficulty with only elemental dmg, under the time limit, without using specific ability( 1 for each class). Defeating those mobs with crowns in each map, collecting all border stones. There are a lot of things that could be done for an achievement. Costumes, titles, maybe colours for mounts, things that wouldn't have much impact on the game could be rewarded for those achievements.

What do you guys think of this idea? Is it good?

Sunday, May 21st 2017, 5:24pm

freestile

Professional

i'm not against the idea but i'm not a fan of the achievement systems in general.
To me, in most cases, getting an achievements when doing something in a game just turn the "omg did i really do this?? i'm a fucking pgm x)" into a "X% of the players did that too" or a "this was something devs had think about so it's not exceptional"...

For example, I really dislike the fact that with the orders, everyone has a title now, which removes almost (cause having a mos title, a 3v3-6v6 or a maze one is always better) all the interest in getting one.
So it depends how they'd design their achievement system but imo it'd probably just make everything common (which is already the case since 7.0 and even more since 8.0 imo)

Sunday, May 21st 2017, 8:10pm

I agree, it depends on how would they make it. I imagine achievement system in this game like this (it's just example): there would be easy ones, for doing common things like every quest on map, or X mobs killed or finding some item/fighting a mob(not super hard, but not super easy) by entering a hidden cave under a waterfall or by going to an island by the ship that arrives once a week at a certain time. Medium ones - npc that pops up in some place on the map and do a quest (not a hard one) for him within a time limit maybe or earn max reputation for a faction and then a quest pops out. Hard ones - these would include dungeons( astral allods), on a certain allod kill a boss, drop specific item(really small chance for it) collect a few of these and then a hidden dungeon pops out that you have to do, or in the place of hidden dungeon you would have to do another dungeon and merge those items in one or for another achievement u would have to go find a place( not mentioned in quest/achievement) in the whole astral universe to put an item on a pedestal or return it to a npc. Almost impossible (call it the way suits you :D ) - here devs need to think of something :thumbsup:

Of course everyone could have a title that way, but for those patient players there would be special titles (didn't know how to put it in words). I mean there would be a lot really hard to achieve titles so hardly ever you'd see a situation when 2 guys have same titles. +This systems would keep players playing the game, it would give them a purpose to play. At this point players (i'm talking about those end game players) have to choose between bgs and bgs pretty much. If there is nothing to do, there is no players. There are dungeons if bgs gets boring, but it will get boring soon too. I'm not mentioning that this game has rather small end game content, but with this, there would be a lot i mean A LOT to do after getting max equipment. Just hoping someone will read this and make this real :thumbsup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "domi5500" (May 21st 2017, 8:28pm)

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 2:45pm

Bump, basically i really want to see the quests after achievements part at least be reviewed. :D

Saturday, July 21st 2018, 12:41pm

Rate this thread