You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 25th 2018, 12:33am

ByRockVodka

Beginner

• "ByRockVodka" started this thread

Tank for PvP

Hi people, i'm very curious about brewing strange builds (C.C. Mage is my example, which worked pretty darn Well)

Some day ago, i got Core Morpher on daily prize, then i converted my Aoidos Warrior to my other favorite Class, the Paladin.

Inspired in a very in-famous Tanky Warrior which everbody knows its feared Name... i'm trying build a Tank Paladin for PvP's

After some researching on Ruby grids, Thinking about what combines and what does not. And i got this...

https://alloder.pro/calc-en#t$bg676f0fo3…op1m1o::13ydj3:

My line of Reasoning: All Rubies and skills which involves Threat are ignored, since don't affect Players... And respective Aspect of Assault Ones...

How would Work: Tank and Support (Can Apply Cowardice using Challenge, Weakness using Massive Challenge, Wounds with incineration, AoE Blind, Sluggishness with Holy Ground... then other benefits effects for Ally like Treachery with Battle Cry and Courage with Rightful Deed)

Function: Flag Bearer, Supporter, Aggro Taker, Defend other players... Could Work on Dominion, Battlegrounds and other non-solo PvP since don't have damage enought...

We hope to reach a consensus :)
Sonnelicht, Healer
AJMacalucius, Bard
EJMacalucius, Warrior

Friday, July 6th 2018, 1:34am

ByRockVodka

Beginner

My goodness, 63 Views and no suggestions...
Sonnelicht, Healer
AJMacalucius, Bard
EJMacalucius, Warrior

Friday, July 6th 2018, 3:01am

Why would anyone want a CC build or tank pvp? you're ruining pvp for people so yeah no one is interested in those im sorry

Friday, July 6th 2018, 11:15am

Paladin isnt as annoying as warrior / sorcerer / psi in pvp, even if you try to spec especially for this purpose
the things you have listed are probably te best things you can go for with paladin so you in the end become a non-attacking ccing supporting participant

Why would anyone want a CC build or tank pvp? you're ruining pvp for people so yeah no one is interested in those im sorry

especially for that purpose, BECAUSE it somehow ruins it for some players
its funny and awesome if those who lose control fast get angry because they cant really kill you while you perma-cc them (and often quite favorable for the team aswell as you might take out the enemy MVP by directing his attacks towards you instead of the MVP from your own team )

Friday, July 6th 2018, 7:18pm

Function: Flag Bearer, Supporter, Aggro Taker, Defend other players... Could Work on Dominion, Battlegrounds and other non-solo PvP since don't have damage enought...
Won't really work anywhere. Except maybe for carrying the golem. You won't even ruin pvp-experience for anyone. There's too much anti-cc features in-game atm.

Best you could achieve with that build is you'll be last to kill in any activity, but since you won't contribute anything yourself you'll be vote-kicked anyway. This patch Demo tank is OK for some duel/BG/random 3v3 fights (random 3v3 don't start on EU servers though). Next patch Warr tank is gonna be OK for the same activities. But no tank is and will be good on domi, and pali is worse choice to go as pvp tank whatsoever.

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 4:39am

ByRockVodka

Beginner

for this reason i created the CC Build for Mage... i have Low Runes... (777 666) and basic Cash shop Strongboxes, so, my Power Level is quite low to fight the high runed and CS Players... To contour the problem, i simply created one which will Annoy the CS Players... a Rune 13 Controlled will die to another Rune 13

Is being support... Like Aoidos, he don't have Damage but, man... Dat C.C. and Resistance... Awesome build

OK, Allods-Player Convinced me not do this build... i observed Paladin Taunt don't hold target long enought...
Sonnelicht, Healer
AJMacalucius, Bard
EJMacalucius, Warrior

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 9:39am

for this reason i created the CC Build for Mage... i have Low Runes... (777 666) and basic Cash shop Strongboxes, so, my Power Level is quite low to fight the high runed and CS Players...
Why not play full support bard in this case? Full level 13 will die to another full level 13 who's being buffed. Not to mention there's also a lot of CC that bard can do.

And full supp bards are needed in every activity, so will be easier to grow stronger.

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 7:04pm

Stop complain pls, if wish of player is play style he like, let him do it, and enjoy game he like

You not get many reply, becose not many players play style you like, or are lazy/ not visit forum to answer you

Also cc build will work until someone have hight willpover, or will be hight coutered by engineer dispell (over 12-24s dispel evry negative effect for evry 1s)
Do not know like bard

Also support have buff who reuct your stuns by 50%

For that resons, ful cc isin't good idea (even if your cc psi or mag)

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 7:26pm

so much truth here...

its true as a weaker player supporting / harassing is a good way to go
it is true that as a bard you can also do great things eventhough your pure power isnt that great
it is true that everyone should coose his "style" free and enjoy it

...and its true that many players are either busy or lazy :P
the other ones answered your thread already ;)

btw one more thing coming to my mind when thinking about paladin (a little warstory)

1st: you can make pretty durable 2handed assaultbuilds... i had situations where i faced equally strong paladin players (ok they outgeared me a bit, but really just a bit like 3 items or something) and when i played psi in full dps mode (so max PVP damage, "glasscannon") i still did not manage to kill them although i was standing off sight and DPSed with all my power
there was the absorption-skill, the lightshield, the dragontearshield, some other shield, 2 kinds of healingpotion and whatsoever, result was after like 10 seconds the paladin has killed everything around him targeted me and started attacking which almost killed me (thats the downside as playing in DPSmode in PVP :P) and i had to retreat
not lying, the paladin killed like 2 or 3 other players after that also
so he did pretty well, it felt like playing vs a fulltank but actually it was a 2handed offensive build
- and when this happened, i was like almost max geared which meant i normally could kill almost every player before he even realized i was attacking him, even most and uncautious "fullheal"
so this is a thing to keep in mind
2handed warriortank which is beloved by me can NOT do this although its still awesome

2nd: next patch supposedly will strenghten paladin a lot making it one of the "best" classes
so it might be valuable to spend time learning about paladin now to profit when patch is installed

Sunday, July 15th 2018, 9:26pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

I Like how all say Tank Paladin doesnt contribute anything in PvP xD, Just so you know Anyone who replied saying Tank Pala Bad in PvP, dont know what they are talking about =) with Leggy gear it will be even more Obvious but You will have to wait til then to understand :P
I am PioPico

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 11:34am

It's not obvious even with fabled gear, so don't get your hopes up.

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 2:24pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

R u Russian and still havent realized?
I am PioPico

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 3:18pm

I have actually realized that Pali tank is almost as useful as an empty slot in PvP.

And it is like this on both RU and EU servers.

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 6:49pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

tsk tsk tsk
I am PioPico

Rate this thread