You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 26th 2018, 1:26pm

gearing

Hello everyone!
My question is, how to start gear up myself? I am fresh lvl 80 i have the green starter gear, i tried astral with mercenaries but i cant reach last boss never and very often just died from boss aoes. If someone can give me some explanation about gearing up, maybe some detailed method, i would be greatfull. ( i have full lvl 5 runes i know that is low but i am free to play gamer)

Sunday, August 26th 2018, 6:43pm

With the latest patch 9.1, the introduction of Al Rihat has acted as a buffer for new players to catch up (for the most part) to older players.

Continue the new storyline to unlock the zone, ask one of the NPCs there for a set of full Blue Gear.
From there you can completely dailies (quests that reset availability after each daily reset) which will reward with purple gear, or tokens you can use to in-turn purchase epic gear.
Further, you can buy these gear pieces, however they aren't necessarily cheap for a new F2P, so I recommend finding a non-endgame guild, which normal run astral/ old raids / al rihat and KoE dailies together in order to speed up the process and elevate any real sense of grind.

Thankfully new comers you can buy epic upgradable gear in place of doing S3 and basically skip a month of astral, and % buffs to level 109% on any epic piece from the same location.

So in conclusion, do storyline, get free gear, do Al Rihat for epics thn return to astral for S4 :D

Once that is complete find your factions main upgrading anvil at the "home" tleport, being novo or nezeb or astral academy. From there talk to the guy with the purple anvil over his head, or will have a quest marker.
He will give you a brief introduction to gearing / upgrades etc, and sell you green tools to use for mysterious matter (However this will not be too important until you gear up.)

For now, just make sure you can burn a couple keys here and there to prevent yourself from capping out and losing chances to get gear and progress.

Do simple activities like 3x3 training, astral hunt, anomalous sector for rewards you can use to buy gearing boxes of the current sector as well :) (These can also obtained through battlegrounds or simply PvP however I highly recommend not doing those until you are caught up in gear, and to be frank have better cash shop.

Sunday, August 26th 2018, 7:10pm

Thanks dude, i didnt finished the quest line i did not think that is important. But now i will start with quest.

Monday, August 27th 2018, 4:26am

dragagon

Unregistered

( i have full lvl 5 runes i know that is low but i am free to play gamer)

I am just going to go ahead and spit it out already: Come play on p2p where you will be able to play the game, because on f2p you'll simply be a punching bag for the big bois, or just a moral motivator for others to call themselves better than someone else (this someone being you) only judgng on your CS, not even giving 2nd blink to look at your gameplay.

OOOHHHH and also: This is a link.

Goodluck!

Monday, August 27th 2018, 2:45pm

rozetri

Intermediate

( i have full lvl 5 runes i know that is low but i am free to play gamer)

I am just going to go ahead and spit it out already: Come play on p2p where you will be able to play the game, because on f2p you'll simply be a punching bag for the big bois, or just a moral motivator for others to call themselves better than someone else (this someone being you) only judgng on your CS, not even giving 2nd blink to look at your gameplay.

OOOHHHH and also: This is a link.

Goodluck!
Someone sounds like they got burnt during their time in a top-level, endgame guild. While I agree that the P2P experience is likely the superior one as far as player against player goes, you should also warn them that the population of the P2P server is nowhere near that of the F2P server. They should also be aware that the devs consider P2P players to be second-class citizens, even with as little as they care about F2P players. A lot of content and quality of life stuff comes to the P2P server late, if it ever comes at all, and much of the PvE content of the game is balanced around F2P boosts, such that P2P players will struggle MUCH harder than they otherwise would.

Of course, the relative impact of all of these negatives compared to the amount you'd have to spend on the F2P server is a thing you have to consider. It's very, very, very, VERY expensive to get up to par on F2P with a fresh character, whether you're spending money or time and even if you got the free gift pack.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Monday, August 27th 2018, 4:50pm

dragagon

Unregistered

Someone sounds like they got burnt during their time in a top-level, endgame guild

I am not sure if you know what you talk about. Perhaps u can also tell me what I had for breakfast?

I am simply trying to help a new player.

population of the P2P server is nowhere near that of the F2P server. They should also be aware that the devs consider P2P players to be second-class citizens, even with as little as they care about F2P players

Seems like someone got ignored by the CM's a lot, perhaps even a bit burned?
It is true we are much less, it is not true that our server has no potential or events going on. We are currently doing all content that f2p can do, just less population. You do not need 50 players around u to play an mmo, you just need friends with you to play with you and help you do content. I find that this is way easier to achiev on p2p where people know what they are getting into than playing with 100 players on f2p that do whatever for no reason because their reply is usually "idk" (Yes am burnt by this)

much of the PvE content of the game is balanced around F2P boosts, such that P2P players will struggle MUCH harder than they otherwise would.

Allow me to explain that f2p players are getting carried for 70% by what your wallet has done for you. It is true that on p2p you start to feel the actual game and you will see a lot more of some tactics, game mechanics, than you would on f2p. Call me crazy but this is what I found out by playing here myself. It is also so that we do get quality of life items, but we have to play the game for it, unlike f2p just buys it.
We do not struggle harder, we simply have to play more.

It's very, very, very, VERY expensive to get up to par on F2P with a fresh character, whether you're spending money or time and even if you got the free gift pack.

This is the reason why I replied to this post and give a headsup to this, and many other, new players. No matter HOW MUCH you cash, it will never be enough, for there will keep coming new CS items, and only the top (30?) players will be able to keep up on the CS part, of where the rest will be dangling behind already only due to CS level. And yes it does make a big diff.

Tuesday, August 28th 2018, 2:45am

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

He said free to play = he dont want to pay to play right lol?
I am PioPico

Tuesday, August 28th 2018, 11:19am

It is possible to play with Your lvl5 runes and no other cash shop items (this is also what I call hardcore game mode). There is also a way to be usefull in PvP if You are patient enough and manage to get some better gear from Al-Rihat (many players group up to do daily quests there faster, try to look for such groups)- just remember being usefull in PvP doesn't equal to killing most players in enemy raid. Sometimes supporting others (by giving buffs, shields or use crowd control abilities on enemy players so top geared ppl can finish them easier) is more important.

My recommendation for You is to make reincarnation of very good solo type class for earning gold/doing dailies easier- remember al-rihat gear is not bound and choose class which uses the same type of armor as Your main (for cloth user it can be demonologist, plate user priest, leather user warden). Just avoid classes which can't heal well solo.

Thursday, August 30th 2018, 7:52pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Quoted from "dragagon"

I am not sure if you know what you talk about.

I'm saying that a lot of those things you were warning him about were VERY specific to a certain kind of situation experienced by people that were, say, bumped out of the main raid or champ tabard in exchange for someone else with way higher runes, but potentially less sense. My recollection was that you were in Minc at one point, but now you're championing the P2P server. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not. It doesn't really matter either way in relation to the point of the post, it was just a casual ribbing as it's something I've both experienced and unhappily had to make others experience.

Quoted from "dragagon"

Seems like someone got ignored by the CM's a lot, perhaps even a bit burned?
Touche~ But no, the CMs aren't what I mean. There are no devs on these forums or in direct interaction with our server. Even the admins aren't actually devs, they just handle matters associated with the non-RU license of Allods. The actual devs are Allods Team and mail.RU. And the mail.RU stance on the P2P server is that's where the poor people go to play. They don't devote time to it because there's no money in doing so.

Quoted

It is true we are much less, it is not true that our server has no potential or events going on. We are currently doing all content that f2p can do, just less population. You do not need 50 players around u to play an mmo, you just need friends with you to play with you and help you do content. I find that this is way easier to achiev on p2p where people know what they are getting into than playing with 100 players on f2p that do whatever for no reason because their reply is usually "idk" (Yes am burnt by this)
Never meant to imply that you have no potential or events. I have played on the P2P server myself, I found the gameplay outside of PvE to be markedly improved and the potential was there for so much more. But that potential was partly squandered by NEVER advertising and by pricing the P2P subscription higher than comparable MMOs with much more content. Also by the very definition of MMO, it's intended to be Massively Multiplayer, meaning a large population. Yes, it's nice to have a select group of people around you that know what they're doing and work together. That's what a guild is. The problem you run into is that when your population gets small enough, you don't have always have enough people for everyone to play. This is especially true of raids, where you can only go through them ONCE a week and then you're locked out, meaning you can't help others if they need more bodies.

That's without even getting into the topic of having enough people to support players from multiple time zones. If 95% of your guild is from EU and 5% is from the US, when are you going to raid? Imma go ahead and tell you, it probably won't be at a good time for US players. With enough population, you can counteract that... but without it, the players in the odd time zones will inevitably end up out in the cold.

Quoted

We do not struggle harder, we simply have to play more.
You're going to tell me this in a game with DPS race bosses that have, in the past, been balanced such that even raids using players with 13s require that people change their class in order to meet minimum DPS requirements. You say tomato, I say level 45 patch Kazul. If they ever release another boss like that, you will struggle because the devs have an incentive to make you spend money, something you can't do on the P2P.

REGARDLESS, though, you're right that you will never, ever be able to 100% keep up with the CS on the F2P server. And frankly that's pretty depressing.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky