You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, September 19th 2018, 2:00am

Costume chests

EDIT: Disregard please, I didn't know about premium crystal purchases yielding bound items, as the boutique or the items themselves don't make this readily apparent.

Recently, costume chests bought from the boutique were changed to yield bound items.Not only is this an absolute jerk move in and of itself - at a time when companies running other MMOs have been easing up on the lootbox bs due to the recent scandals and whatnot, not making it worse, by the way - but, the total genius behind this decision forgot (??) to address the issue of getting costumes you already have in your wardrobe.
It is still not ensured you cannot get a duplicate of what you already have, and since all of these costumes are now bound... you can do absolutely nothing with a duplicate. It's literal money out the window, literal actual stealing from players, since you can't even sell the costume to a vendor. For your money, you get literally nothing, moreover,the more chests you buy and costumes you add to your wardrobe, the higher the chance of just throwing your money away next time you buy one.

Congratulations to whoever came up with this. Extremely smart decision that speaks of a great business sense, and lots of respect for paying customers. (Not.)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SlayerGT" (Sep 19th 2018, 12:45pm)

Wednesday, September 19th 2018, 11:55am

You may have used premiums [purple] crystals for purchase by accident or without realizing that anything you do buy with premiums is bound.
If it's any consolation you may be able to use them for the costume quest. It can take a while but it means they won't go to waste. You want to make sure that you buy stuff using the blue crystals to ensure they aren't bound. :thumbup:

[Paradisos] :love:
I know my signature is old, but I like it.

Wednesday, September 19th 2018, 12:44pm

Huh. Wow. I only feel partially stupid, because at no point have I seen this fact - stuff from chests bought with premium being bound - stated in the game. Like how am I supposed to make that connection by myself... And apparently I had never bought a costume or similar chest with premium crystals before, even though I'm not a new player at all. That's... wow. Thanks for the info :thumbup:

Used tags

Boutique

Rate this thread