You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, October 10th 2018, 7:04pm

How to be a good player?

Hello guys.. I have several questions. What do i have to buy, or do, to survive in PVP.. Like, i don't understand the mechanics of the game. Some players, just 2 shot me.. Or i played 1v1 with a guy, who had almost similar stuff, but he did 3x more damage than me. Could someone explain what do i have to buy, or do to enjoy endgame pvps.

Wednesday, October 10th 2018, 7:31pm

First - make sure it was similar stuff or just similar gear. If everything, including cs was similar, then check your build and stats. Deifrent stats works best for pve and pvp.

To be competitive against anybody you need to buy stat points, talents, rubies and runes. Very useful items are also vials of condensed water of death and life so you can tune your build/stats to situation.

Wednesday, October 10th 2018, 11:28pm

TL;DR: gear & skill matter most

detailed answer:
Everytime we read only about gear, runes and items... but there is more

today i want to show a full list of the factors which influence the outcome of a battle

Gear (Including Stat-Distribution)
Items (Runes+everything else)
Spec (Including Reincskill)
Skill (input + correct reaction to situations on the battlefield)
Internetconnection / Hardware

Potions Offense
Potions Defense

PVP-Alcohol (+10% OFF)
PVP-Meat (10% DEF)

Drink (+WILLPOWER)
Food (+HEALTH)

Alchemic Potion (offensive bonus)
Alchemic Potion (defensive bonus)

Guildbonus (Tabard)
Guildbonus (Guildtalents)

Healingpotions

Other alchemical potions (Astral vision,negation etc)

Martyrs Skills
Marriage-Skills/Buffs

so to achieve the FULL potential of a char, all these things should be considered
the guildrubies which heal while under CC certainly have the strongest impact at all by far because they often make recieving CC's something desireable for the target and also render all those who rely on CC's chanceless
and

(unless at least half of the raid focusses them, at least)

and no its neither because of runes nor because of gear
at least not only :P

i often have chats with players where they ask me about damageabsorption and durability in PVP
since there are so many questions that are put so often i want to write this here for the sake of easy information

concentration and bloodlust means damageoutput = healing AND shield
when you AOE now you heal and shield like crazy
awesome

but when you get CCed now it will find an abrupt end as healing and shielding stops
boom you are dead
.... except you have these things:

guildrubies, that make you heal while under CC
the heal is AWESOME

but getting CCed & recieving heal is still a zero sum game, right?
right!

this is why you want sustainability (defensive stat that reduces incoming DMG while under CC)

(only temporary item except yellow carnifex & emblem ornament that is worth getting!)

this way under CC your char has "a break" means he recieves a LOT less dmg, usually so much its a positive heal after the CC

"when CC becomes useful to you"

so when you are a weak player and you CC a strong one you actualy help him ;)

this combination is the strongest and most powerful for PVP
just want to makesure everyone is aware about this
serving me great since the introduction of guildrubies
ruining the concept of CC
its hard work to reach the rubies, especially in a small guild, but worth it any day

(big guilds will have the other red highlighted rubies aswell which means even more bloodlust etc...)

(see "Factors of Victory - A complete Summary")
https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…&threadID=11557
(see also "Answer to why some players are "unkillable" in PVP and how you can do this too")
https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…&threadID=15068

considering the post above (although it was likely meant to be humoristic i still want to comment it in a serious way): macros are only viable comfortwise in generic PVE situations or if you do your PVP like PVE, for "serious" PVP its recommended to base your actions on your enemies behavior and not in a predetermined way

runes add dmg and defboni but even if you have just a few parts in gear inferior to someone else, he can have runes level 8 and you can have runes level 13 but he will likely still win
gear is the largest source of strenght and durability in this game
consider that there is an option to improve gear-% and that this % can go over 100

note: the above list is old but still valid
one more thing has come into factor - the spark-level (it can also provide some boni for PVP)

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Oct 10th 2018, 11:40pm)

Thursday, October 11th 2018, 11:54am

thank you all for your answers!! I reallly appreciate IT.

Thursday, October 11th 2018, 2:52pm

dragagon

Unregistered

Quick FYI as p2p ass representator on the forums;
Buy all cs to compete in a GAME (f2p), or pay 5euros/month to be equal to everyone (p2p)

Friday, October 12th 2018, 11:24am

wtf? I didn't know p2p is so cheap. You can even go as low as 3.25 euros per month if you buy the 6 months option

Friday, October 12th 2018, 4:11pm

dragagon

Unregistered

wtf? I didn't know p2p is so cheap. You can even go as low as 3.25 euros per month if you buy the 6 months option

See you soon ingame ^^

Tuesday, October 16th 2018, 5:34am

Thank you so much for all answers!

Tuesday, October 16th 2018, 4:07pm

verry weird... ¿:( ?(
his/her? question was : how to be a good player? NOT just: how to up my "status"

A: do the best u can to up your gear and stuff
B: do even more your best to help others to/and enjoy the game
C: no matter what/wich raid somebody fucks up, stay polite and try help/explain that someone how to play at it

nice example of what became of our Materialistic UNwelphare "sociëty" .. ;(
gaat niet bestaat niet

Tuesday, October 16th 2018, 7:36pm

verry weird... ¿:( ?(
his/her? question was : how to be a good player? NOT just: how to up my "status"

A: do the best u can to up your gear and stuff
B: do even more your best to help others to/and enjoy the game
C: no matter what/wich raid somebody fucks up, stay polite and try help/explain that someone how to play at it

nice example of what became of our Materialistic UNwelphare "sociëty" ..;(
usually when you come to an onlinegame you get there to wreck players in PVP and humiliate them, enjoying your superiority or to lose your thoughts in a beautiful onlineworld to take a break from RL... some players combine both
when i look for social interaction i visit a forum (like this here), a bar, the shootingrange, a stripclub or whatever... however i certainly do not start a computergame
(of course a game like this often has some sort of social interaction but this is usually rather a byproduct and not its actual purpose...? and as always, exceptions exist...)

B and C are what i would ask for with the words of "how to be a polite player"
those attributes are awesome in a moral way but on the same side totally irrelevant for the pure performance of a player

regarding the context of OPs 1st post, naming things like "3x more dmg" "survive in PVP" and something like "why is the guy with the same stuff better" it was obvious he looked for the advice i gave him and his later post "thanks for all answers" was the verification for my thought...

btw...
i am not a materialistic person
i am even one of those who reject material things (accepting some economical slowdowns) just for the sake of beeing able to enjoy the things in live that really matter
wealth helps to achieve & maintain certain things but true wealth is in the soul of ppl
(but again, i dont play this game for spiritual or any other serious purposes, its for me what it is: a hobby, a GAME -> i want to mash buttons, kill things and collect all the golds, end of story :rolleyes: )

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Oct 16th 2018, 7:44pm)