You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, December 28th 2018, 11:20am

F2P vs. P2P server

Hi guys!
I just calculate something. By playing on f2p server all good geared and Item Shop player pay lot of Euro/Dollars to the game. So I have manage costs like 6x lvl13 runes, Adaptive/Assault Shells/Mouts/extra rubies&stat + free resets etc. So, the amout of one player, with this all "nessesery" items is very huge. I don't tell how much. So I just do some math, and it's look like so.

For free to play server, you pay your real money so much, like...
83 YEARS in p2p server. Also, what is better? 83 Years paying 5 euro in p2p server in every month or just playing infinite f2p server on this cost?

The aswer on this queston give you to answer.

Good day.

Friday, December 28th 2018, 3:29pm

Also in p2p, we have prophetic cards ( for wings and other costumes, you can get all wings to spend maximum 10 euro) and carnifex codes ( not gives any stats - and it is expensive for some players but you don't have to buy, just cosmetics). Ppl says p2p is ghost town but we can pop BGs everyday, we are doing compass AS or OBS.
I guess there is 30 ppl on league side and we had 30 players on empire side atm and i believe old players come back with 10.0 . I think f2p is more p2w and there is no balance, if u wanna play on real server come and play p2p.
Epilogue Smuggler Paradise
Engineer Empire Side/Utopie

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "scrobell" (Dec 28th 2018, 3:52pm)

Friday, December 28th 2018, 5:22pm

Arushieru

Intermediate

for me I don't know anything about p2p
but for f2p I don't advice you or if you wanna
play you have to spend like daily 5k euro or more
in the game beside f2p has become shit cause
of high prices lack of gold and strong player dominating
the weakest one is a dude with full lvl 10 runes
1C = 4959 .. nobody can effort that much
so what they do they just cash shop thats all
I mean wither you do koe or skirmish or tka cave
how long it will take you to farm over 20mil ?
it will be the rest of your life you wanna much gold?
you better have more than 1 incar at least you need 12 incar
and you will daily farm 12mill gold

f2p have more than negative than positive things
like for example

1-the gold drop rate is low its like 5% only in the game
while cash shop is over like 95% that's why over 100% of players pay money
to play

2- anyone tell you that he don't purchase means he has more than 10 incar so yes
you don't need to purchase

3- the prices of the auction house is way to high lowest price for good item is like 30mill gold

4- forum is lack a lot of good competitions

5- within the game there is no special event its only a strongboxes which of course
you don't wanna waste your gold on it

so my advice you wanna play F2P ? then dude cash money and welcome abort

I’m the heavy cruiser

originally from the

first oriental fleet

[ Fleet of Fog ]

Mental Model [ Takao ]

Friday, December 28th 2018, 7:25pm

I miss a post from AllodsOnlinePlayer stating that Allods Online f2p server is in no way pay2win and that you can farm everything ingame. Always loved those b-sh*t posts :-D

Go p2p and pay 5 Euro a month - everyone should be able to spare 5 buggs and contribute in further content patches that actually do cost the developers money...

Friday, December 28th 2018, 7:32pm

ironist

Trainee

Well, s/he is right. You can get everything ingame on f2p ONLY IF you farm like you have no life...
Rave

Friday, December 28th 2018, 9:57pm

5k? hovv you get that amount ?(

5-20 euro per month is inaf if your too lazy to farm

5k euro maybe if you vvant buy evrythink in one day, but it's not like mmorpg games vvork

+20-50 euro if you vvant get fun opening 100 box or prophetic cards if you have nothink to do vvith monay

all another you get for free up to 7 runes , fast mount and all epic scrols if thay active event for nevvbies again in 10.0

next despend vvhat class you play, assassin(scout/demon), fighter (cleric/druid/summy) or dueler(sup psio/mage) no expect ez kills if your chose typical sup class like engi or bard, evry type of class is good in another situation

Quoted

of high prices lack of gold and strong player dominating
the weakest one is a dude with full lvl 10 runes
1C = 4959 .. nobody can effort that much

I killed 2vs1 bard and psio on koe, thay vvas rly suprised, thay got 12 runes, me only 8/9 cuz thay vvas lack of experience, correct stats and skill and lost to me on engi

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Noah1" (Dec 28th 2018, 10:07pm)

Friday, December 28th 2018, 10:06pm

Arushieru

Intermediate

I know a lot of player
they spend over 5k euro in the game
can you tell me how much will cost
having full level 13 runes and a lot of mounts
and scrolls and everything ?
it will cost more and actually saying
it cost 5k is bet of joke I could say I have seen in my life
paying 50k euro for a game and most of them were friends of mine

I’m the heavy cruiser

originally from the

first oriental fleet

[ Fleet of Fog ]

Mental Model [ Takao ]

Friday, December 28th 2018, 10:31pm

for vvhat you need 13 runes? to deal 5-15k more dmg in pve?

or to hit in bg for 4-5k insted of 2-3k? ?(

runes give you only 10-30% diferent, you can check it by dps addon

+5-8% by armor, 3-5% emblem

all another despend from STATS or Concetration pot

Quoted

paying 50k euro for a game and most of them were friends of mine

ofc 100k vvho give more ?

Quoted

1-the gold drop rate is low its like 5% only in the game
while cash shop is over like 95% that's why over 100% of players pay money
to play

?(

Quoted

2- anyone tell you that he don't purchase means he has more than 10 incar so yes
you don't need to purchase

it's from you despend hovv you develope your income, you can have 20 alts and earn lovv, or 2-3 and earn hight despent vvhat actvitis you do

Quoted

3- the prices of the auction house is way to high lowest price for good item is like 30mill gold

you joke me ?

Quoted

4- forum is lack a lot of good competitions

https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…&threadID=26509

https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…threadID=26413&

Quoted

5- within the game there is no special event its only a strongboxes which of course
you don't wanna waste your gold on it

vvtf

Quoted

so my advice you wanna play F2P ? then dude cash money and welcome abort

You even play allods online ?( ?

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Noah1" (Dec 28th 2018, 10:57pm)

Saturday, December 29th 2018, 10:25am

for vvhat you need 13 runes? to deal 5-15k more dmg in pve?

Are you mad or what? Defensive runes lvl13 give you 50% incoming damage absorb + Adaptive Shell with give you 50% of incoming damage absorb if your HP is lower then 50%. In other words, if you have runes lvl13 and adaptive Shell on, you absorb 100% incoming DMG. And this is a point, why runes are so expensive! To dealed DMG you have right, not so much difference, but for defence is a huge difference!!!

Saturday, December 29th 2018, 12:26pm

Quoted

Are you mad or what? Defensive runes lvl13 give you 50% incoming damage absorb + Adaptive Shell with give you 50% of incoming damage absorb if your HP is lower then 50%. In other words, if you have runes lvl13 and adaptive Shell on, you absorb 100% incoming DMG. And this is a point, why runes are so expensive! To dealed DMG you have right, not so much difference, but for defence is a huge difference!!!

no it's not 100% but 75% cuz not stack (if you get hit for 4k ->50% -> 2k ->50%->1k)

most ppl got 17-22k hp right nov, so even vvith 75% you can kill that person vvith some shots
if healing is problem go play class vvho spam vvith vvounds -40% to healing, or use Potion vvho stop enemy for 5s to heal and defense/absorb abilitis or use concetration potion to burst, or make pt vvith max 2 friends, and gank that person togheter :/

9 got 47%, 13 got 56% its 9% diference yeh i need buy 13 runes novv, OP

Adaptive shell you culd buy for 3m gold like in ss i sended vvith 4k +hp (+3-4m for any another armor if your not had any before to use it)

More game changing are number of stat you got and hovv vvell you balanced them, and then type of your class

In short, i agree cs give you some advantage, but vvhen your medium cs ( 8-9 runes and full epic scrolls, eventualy cheap armor) you can beat person vvith higher cs then you cuz you can break that advantage vvith your skill or type of class you play and hovv much far your behide vvith gear

here you have proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJWfjdR9TSA&t=738s

This post has been edited 8 times, last edit by "Noah1" (Dec 29th 2018, 2:19pm)

Saturday, December 29th 2018, 2:33pm

There's a LOT of objectively false information in this thread.

Quoted

9 got 47%, 13 got 56% its 9% diference
This is not how percents work. Let's look at the offensive side of runes to make this easier to understand.

9/9/9 runes in offense gives a 90% increase in damage. This is the same as a 1.9x scalar to damage.
13/13/13 runes in offense give you a 130% increase in damage. This is the same as a 2.3x scalar to damage

If we use the % change formula that you might have learned back in school, (2.3-1.9)/1.9= 0.21

So going from full 9's to full 13's is not a 40% increase in damage, but rather a 21% increase in damage.

If we do the same thing on the defensive side

9/9/9 runes in defense reduces damage by 47%, which is a .53 scalar to the damage you take
13/13/13 runes in defense reduces damage by 56%, which is a .44 scalar to the damage you take

Using the same formula, (.44-.53)/.53= -0.17

So going from full 9's to full 13's in defense is not a 9% decrease in damage taken, but a 17% decrease in damage taken

For comparison

Using the same process
  1. Going from 10's -> 13's in offense is a 15% increase in damage
  2. Going from 11's -> 13's in offense is a 9.5% increase in damage
  3. Going from 12's -> 13's in offense is a 4.5% increase in damage
  4. Going from pat4 to pat5 is a 17% increase in damage

Its difficult to calculate the effectiveness of stat scrolls, trinkets, etc. because the damage formula is unknown, and we don't know the priority of stats in calculating damage (order of operations changes things depending on where they are in the damage formula).

If you want my opinion, yes the f2p server is definitely p2w, BUT like Noah says, it's really not as bad as everyone else says it is.
It's perfectly acceptable to have 9's for runes as long as you have mostly everything else

I would recommend having AT LEAST
  1. full 9's for runes
  2. pat 5
  3. ALL offensive stat pages (maybe skip the mythic page that only gives 20 stats)
  4. ALL defensive stat pages (same as above)
  5. Upgraded orange trinket
  6. Purple and orange ornament scrolls (the scrolls that give stats for having obs artifacts. mythic one that gives vigor/stam is a big bonus too)
  7. Play a class that's strong at the moment with a good build and stats (most important)

A lot of these were already provided to newer players in the set that they gave in 9.0, which I'm told will be returning sometime in 10.0.

To answer the original question of f2p vs p2p, play on whichever one you find more fun. Its a game afterall, if you aren't having fun then why play?

Saturday, December 29th 2018, 6:12pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

Saturday, December 29th 2018, 9:30pm

Mcfirense

Professional

By the way for a new player or returning player server P2P is definitely better than F2P.

Sunday, December 30th 2018, 5:52pm

RE: F2P vs. P2P server

Hi guys!
I just calculate something. By playing on f2p server all good geared and Item Shop player pay lot of Euro/Dollars to the game. So I have manage costs like 6x lvl13 runes, Adaptive/Assault Shells/Mouts/extra rubies&stat + free resets etc. So, the amout of one player, with this all "nessesery" items is very huge. I don't tell how much. So I just do some math, and it's look like so.

For free to play server, you pay your real money so much, like...
83 YEARS in p2p server. Also, what is better? 83 Years paying 5 euro in p2p server in every month or just playing infinite f2p server on this cost?

The aswer on this queston give you to answer.

Good day.

because i have played on the free serer with goldexchange i have gained level 9 runes, assaultshell, combatmounts, combatarmor, statpoints, rubies, infinite respec, infinite statpointreset, astral servant, .... (you name it) - i only lack orange / teal 2nd earring but since i dont gear up to this point it does not matter...
i have gained these things by playing the game, farming and auctioning stuff
i never played this game as a chore but as a hobby

so what would i have if i had played on subscription? i would have spent $... end of story. not much to accomplish for a longtermplayer there...
i would even be in one line with someone who has started the game a month ago which takes out the fun in a longterm-progressive game
on free server, i am superior to someone who just started the game a few months ago because i have earned much more advantages over time

on free server however i still have goals to go for, like saving up for the remaining items: the teal talentpoints, a purple dragontear, a teal earringslot and maybe the largest bag (i have the orange one)
none of these improvements really matter any more but i still have something to go for

on subscription, after using my daily keys and doing daily quests, im "unemployed" - there is no point in farming gold...

for further info look into my (outdated) thread "pro / contra subscription" https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…d&threadID=7017

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 30th 2018, 5:59pm)

Sunday, December 30th 2018, 7:09pm

To "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER", can you tell us all. How long it take you, to get this whole things? I gues 4 -5 years or more.

Btw, on patch 10.00 this game chage it completly. Runes, patronage will be removed from game and other stuff too, but this is a topic to other forum.
I just wanna see the faces of players who spend over 5k euros on this game ;)

Sunday, December 30th 2018, 8:07pm

Hello,

Btw, on patch 10.00 this game change it completely. Runes, patronage will be removed from the game and other stuff too, but this is a topic to other forum.

This isn't true.

Allods Online v10 remains basically the same with new additions, as you can read it here:
https://allods.mail.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=138366

Allods Warp (or whatever the name is) launch was delayed by the Allods Team after they heard from players feedback during the opening of the test server. This part of the game would not replace the game as we know it but would be a new world/map/with new game mechanisms beside Allods Online "regular".

As you said, there is a whole thread about that here if you want to discuss it: https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…2650#post112650

/offtopic
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Sunday, December 30th 2018, 9:07pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

lel someone hasnt read up on Allods, he doesnt even play either =)
I am PioPico

Monday, December 31st 2018, 2:18am

To "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER", can you tell us all. How long it take you, to get this whole things? I gues 4 -5 years or more.

i play 5 years +
those who want to clear everything within a week wont prosper in allods, its a game of patience
(which is one of the reasons i like this game so much; you actually get rewarded for a patient, calculating playstlye)
however i many of the things i gained in the last time are not critical... so if you plan to improve yourself as a free player you do NOT have to consider 5y + to reach this (you dont need multiple combatmounts, you dont need herbal gathering things, you dont need handwork things, you dont need the expensive additional talentpoints, you can skimp on the earring and the many of the most expensive types of items, just gethe basic ones, etc... )

gear matters most
i can always repeat: a geared level 8 runes player with only basic items will beat an undergeared level 13 runes player with full items, even if the level 8 runed has less skill

if you want to be competitive for PVP and dont want to wait, get the 1999 BC pack with level 8 runes and all kind of other items
after some time the items become permanent so you actually GET something for your $ while on the subscription model your time is gone without anything that remains
if players ask me directly i always answer them to better use the $ they would use for subscription for the free server and get something useful NOT CONSUMEABLES like potion or replicators or anything else which is gone in the end)

if you are OK with donating and do not want to go the hardcore way "100% free to play" (like i did! leveling with runes 211-111 as a warrior without a mount was a challenge at level 51 patch when i started), get a mount, a looter, some basic items for cheap gold from auction and leveling will be a breeze...

and even though gearing has been improved SO MUCH (free mercenaries, possible for soloplayers!) i still say gearing up is more effort than gaining the items... :P gearreset is a controversial thing and as much as a player with completely random playtimes and durations i like to be able to catch up every miniseason within short time in al-rihat
but after i catched up i feel like "wow im glad i did not gear up like the others did, they sure wasted a lot of effort on the gear i got within a few days"
this feeling of devaluation should not come up in progressive games (however i dont know how this could be adressed either way and its well done atm)

Btw, on patch 10.00 this game chage it completly. Runes, patronage will be removed from game and other stuff too, but this is a topic to other forum.
I just wanna see the faces of players who spend over 5k euros on this game ;)

while, like already noted, this is not correct, chances are, those who are willing to donate 5k euro do not look back over that amount
(otherwise they would not put it into an onlinegame ;) )
there are jobs which earn you that amount and more daily...

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 31st 2018, 2:29am)

Monday, December 31st 2018, 3:26am

on subscription, after using my daily keys and doing daily quests, im "unemployed" - there is no point in farming gold...

for further info look into my (outdated) thread "pro / contra subscription" https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…d&threadID=7017
What do we do after we're done with dailies and done our S6 on P2P? We actually play the game. You know, challenging heroics, fair pvp, raiding, gobbo, maze and so on. Funny how you never mention that in any of your posts, do you just farm gold when you're done with dailies? In the span of 5+ year at equal or similar gear level you're still a pebble in the way of someone with more CS than you. Doesn't that ever bother you ?

I'm sure it doesn't because it's crystal clear now that what you're looking for in this game is not to clear the actual game content, but the cs content. As you said you just want to feel superior to new players and be proud of your achievement. This is what you love to do and it's your choice. But what about others ? Those others who want a fair chance at being in the top 6 of heroic clear, or those who want to have a chance at dominion top places ? They will never achieve that. Not in a sane amount of time/money spent.

Gear matter most? Might be, but not as much as you make it sound. A legendary geared againt a runic geared character probably stands no chance that's for sure, but a full fabled one can win. On our server, anyone can reach full fabled 106% in less than 2 weeks pretty easily, which is more than enough to stand your own against mostly anyone on the server as of now.

While our money on P2P won't give us permanent items, something concrete like you said, our money gives us a fair chance at challenging anyone and anything, fairly.