You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, November 23rd 2019, 4:04am

IAmGroot

Professional

• "IAmGroot" started this thread

Black Screen Upon Character Selection

So, I tried to log into the game and there was an update. I did the update and went to log in. I logged in, using my credentials, and it completed. I saw my characters for about 1 second, maybe less...Just enough time to read the name of 1 character and my screen went black. Eventually after waiting for about 5 seconds, my monitor said "Monitor going to sleep." and I had to force restart my computer. After doing that, I tried again with the exact same results. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the game and am having the exact same issues.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks.

Saturday, November 23rd 2019, 4:05pm

I don't think it's the same as your problem but sometimes I get black/white screen from the game all I do is press alt+enter to enter/exit full screen mode and then the game works just fine, that may work for you too, also try running it as an administrator if you're not, I really can't think of anything else that might help.
Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Bring It On! Cuz I'm Just Gonna Grow Up In The Battle HEY !!

Timed Artifacts: The hidden value
Blanks In Chat?

Sunday, November 24th 2019, 3:40am

IAmGroot

Professional

Tried running it as administrator and still nothing.
Anyone got any other options?

Sunday, November 24th 2019, 11:07pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

sounds weird, have u tried getting the launcher in C or D? maybe that has something to do with it or idk, never experienced it before
I am PioPico

Monday, November 25th 2019, 2:06pm

-delete game settings files
-disable screen turning off in power saving
-set normal refresh rate
-set your screen on same resolution

-update directx
-update graphics drivers

Monday, November 25th 2019, 2:28pm

IAmGroot

Professional

sounds weird, have u tried getting the launcher in C or D? maybe that has something to do with it or idk, never experienced it before
Not quite sure what "the launcher in C or D" means, but...I'll do some looking around.
-delete game settings files
-disable screen turning off in power saving
-set normal refresh rate
-set your screen on same resolution

-update directx
-update graphics drivers
This is a good one. I'll give it a shot. Considering I log on my computer maybe once or twice a week and it's about as old as a dinosaur now, perhaps the graphics drivers and such are in a serious need of updating.

Thanks all. ^_^

Rate this thread