You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 11th 2020, 4:34am

About performance in game, FPS and lag - or why a highend gaming-PC wont help much in allods

TL;DR version: A highend gaming PC wont help you with the FPS-lag in allods

~

I recently had conversations with 3 different people who all were unhappy about the low fps in allods, especially in crowded places like yaskers tower, novograd and battlegrounds
many of them thought about getting a "better PC" for allods or already have a powerful pc but it still lags

so just for reference, in case you think about getting a better PC to have allods at higher FPS-rates, look at the following link, it might not help at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENudBzu-XH0

video shows a player which has a quite powerful

PC i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
32 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080

still, he has a red FPS indicator most times and the game lags horribly so it is to assume the problem lies somewhere within the games programming and not the users hardware
even worse, this is a 6 vs 6 fight (dominion?) while a regular BG is 12 vs 12 which means it lags even more
i really hope this gets addressed someday

Addendum:
Since i received a some more PMs regarding this i want to clarify that of course if you currently play on a wooden PC / potato (very weak PC) upgrading your parts will help and make the game more fluid as better hardware reduces FPS-lag. But only to a certain extent as there seem to be software-limitations in allods which keep the bigger fights result in low fps and FPS-lag.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Mar 12th 2020, 3:47pm)

Wednesday, March 11th 2020, 7:42pm

I think it's due to the fact that the game engine is still the same old one, single core CPU dependent?

and btw posting issues and inquires to be fixed here in this forum will probably won't help, you'd have better chances if you go to the Russian forum and reach the devs there, we have Gelikan on the discord but IDK if he does reply or not.
Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Bring It On! Cuz I'm Just Gonna Grow Up In The Battle HEY !!

Timed Artifacts: The hidden value
Blanks In Chat?

Thursday, March 12th 2020, 1:21am

Guess it has to do with that, i noticed the game runs better the higher the cpu-clock is

I dont use discord and i am not interested in using it in the future, if a post on the official gameforum is not good enough it cant be helped anyway.
Main reason for this post was to inform fellow players about this issue so they wont buy a new PC just for allods and end up disappointed

If something gets changed, everone would be happy but i dont know how likely this is

Wednesday, March 18th 2020, 5:33pm

Thay made it 1 core, so rus players don't overheat thay toasters