You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 12th 2020, 1:37pm

What is seasonal gear reset?

Hello community. I am a bit confused about this and looking for a simple and clean explanation. I understand that the gear system has been reset a couple of times in the past years. However together with that, all players' gear has been also reset. I kind of understood bits and pieces from here and there that this happens around once a year at 'each big patch'. Since I've not been playing for that long yet, I was wondering how does that affect the gear exactly and what does 'reset' mean? Are you reset to green gear? Everything is back to 0? If yes, how much is it worth to invest in gear versus, I don't know, runes or other items?

Additionally what does 'seasonal' even mean? Once a year? The time between two big patches whenever that is?

Considering Epics will be out soon, how will that affect our gears again? Will they be reset to greens? Would we continue with them as they are and proceed to epic upgrades? Does anyone know about the situation of that after the update on the Russian server?

Thanks in advance. I hope you can clarify my confusion on this matter.

Sunday, April 12th 2020, 3:22pm

Every big patch there is gear reset. Though it is not exactly reset - just new, higher level gear is introduced with higher stats. Usually new greens are better than old relics.

Considering Epics will be out soon, how will that affect our gears again? Will they be reset to greens? Would we continue with them as they are and proceed to epic upgrades?

It wont affect gear in your possession at all. Some pieces will need new crafting new scroll to upgrade them to epics. Other (those without yellow arrows in upper corner) will need to be crafted with profession or dropped from boxes.
Additional effects of unlocking epics will be changing starter gear box in academy to green 110, drop in Al Rihat will be upgraded to blue. This upgrade by 1 step up will happen with each next astral sector/gear quality unlocked.
When players start finishing relic quality gear there will be time for next big patch, new level cap next gear "reset" - higher level with better stats so ppl will need to start gearing again.

About investments - all crafting resources are from game and can't be used for anything other. Paying for lootable gear will speed up collecting those pieces by 2-4 weeks. Though if you actively rush astral sectors you can get all those pieces first day with some luck... or stack enough embrium from plundering mazes and you will be able to buy them from personal allod.