You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, October 11th 2022, 9:30pm

anyone has a link where the mechanic of controleffects is explained?

i remember reading somewhere about it like it loses efficiency over time or something like that
also is there an addon which helps with understanding of this?

Wednesday, October 12th 2022, 6:54am

Wednesday, October 12th 2022, 12:02pm

also is there an addon which helps with understanding of this?
You're probably looking for this .
i remember reading somewhere about it like it loses efficiency over time or something like that
Unsure where you could find that.
Basically CC's are divided into different classes.
  • Stun/Knock Down
  • Fear
  • Long cc(paralysis, tornado'd, sleep)
  • Snare
  • Blind
    etc.

There is a 30s timer running in the background whenever you apply one of these cc's.
If you apply another cc of that same class within those 30s, the duration of the cc is reduced by 50%.
The next cc of the same class is reduced by 75%.
From this point on, the target will be immune to those cc types for the next 30s, starting from when the last cc was applied.

Example:
Class warrior.

Warrior uses Aoidos Fire, applies 4s knock down. Follows by using Kick (5s default), but it lasts only 2,5s.
Uses fear reinc ability, lasts full duration cause it's a different cc class.

The CC's diminishing on the target is global, meaning your CC's affect the diminishing, as do your friends. Such is the key to group pvp to efficiently use different CC classes in a certain rotation to optimize durations.

I hope this made it clear!

Thursday, October 13th 2022, 7:25am

Quoted

not what i searched for but also interesting! nice :)

Quoted

You're probably looking for this .

sadly does not work for me, likely because of german localization
but yes, i saw this in a video and along with taking time to find a better way to play CC psi it re-awakened my interest in how exactly this mechanic works now

Quoted

Unsure where you could find that.
i remember reading somewhere about it like it loses efficiency when done repeatedly or something like that
i think it was in the details of one of the patchnotes or it was somewhere on the russian forum
i was like "will read detailed into it later and then forgot about it as i somehow understood it intuitively anyway, like ccs get less effective when applied repeatedly

Basically CC's are divided into different classes.
  • Stun/Knock Down
  • Fear
  • Long cc(paralysis, tornado'd, sleep)
  • Snare
  • Blind
    etc.

There is a 30s timer running in the background whenever you apply one of these cc's.
If you apply another cc of that same class within those 30s, the duration of the cc is reduced by 50%.
The next cc of the same class is reduced by 75%.
From this point on, the target will be immune to those cc types for the next 30s, starting from when the last cc was applied.

Example:
Class warrior.

Warrior uses Aoidos Fire, applies 4s knock down. Follows by using Kick (5s default), but it lasts only 2,5s.
Uses fear reinc ability, lasts full duration cause it's a different cc class.

The CC's diminishing on the target is global, meaning your CC's affect the diminishing, as do your friends. Such is the key to group pvp to efficiently use different CC classes in a certain rotation to optimize durations.

I hope this made it clear!
excellent summary, short and precise, ty! :thumbup: "

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Oct 13th 2022, 7:33am)