You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, February 4th 2023, 2:50am

Any Heart Left in Those Running This Game?

I like to check back from time to time to see how this game's doing. It's so sad when I see the only things listed in the news are constant cash shop pushes and automated events. Every now and then I see patch notes or ranking stuff. I never see anything posted for fun. It feels like the people running this game, or at least the English version, have just long since given up on the game.

How is the in-game population doing? Am I correct assuming the game is only afloat due to a few dozen whales? I understand that this game is f2p, but I've never been a fan of just how much money this game asks of the player. I know you can technically buy cash shop currency in-game, but are you really able to just get about $25-worth every single month without grinding 8 hours a day?
I also know about the argument that the game is investment-based. It's meant to take months to do anything. However, it feels like it's constantly asking for about $50 a month for a handful of stuff, and even at that rate, it would take years to "catch up." I still truly feel the company greed of so much heavy cash shop reliance has been strangling this game for many years. If they would just lighten up, allowing $50 a month to get almost EVERYTHING that month has to offer and $20 get ALL of the basics, I feel the game would be considerably more accessible to players. There could be a new rise in popularity. I'd love to see this game populated heavily again. I feel there would even be alot more profit. $200 a month off of 20 players is less than $20 a month off of 300 players.

The game itself has heart. I played heavily when it was still young and came back for about a month or two on a nostalgia trip. It just saddens me so much to see the game strangling itself over the last several years.
Sorry, I went on another rant. I'll stop myself here.

Thursday, February 9th 2023, 3:57pm

the forum here is dead and overmodded, I'm going over to post on the RUS site where the devs can see it

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "u_10409796" (Mar 7th 2023, 4:02am)

Thursday, February 9th 2023, 7:05pm

How is the in-game population doing?

I can only speak for P2P, as I follow up on things there myself closely: population Smuggler's Paradise
I understand the ranting :D We all get angry remembering how great things once were, destroyed by greed and the usual, money.
Regardless, it still is fun. Content is still being made. New big patches are coming.
You talk a lot about Cash Shop, I hope you're aware a subscription based server for damn cheap is a thing too. Differences between P2P and F2P can be seen here.

Developers still have their heart on the right place. Any human spending 10+ years on a project should haha!

Saturday, February 18th 2023, 9:33pm

there are certain players in game and if some of them comes your team in pvp you win if dont you lose. ım just dying in pvp man ıts soo boring in mmorp game what is that game mean if ı just going and get oneshot and doing nothing??? and mmorpg??? ım just saying my last pvp game was just like this: game started and ı ran to middle and one ''healler'' teleported me and oneshot me btw ım a warrior man WHERE İS THE LOGİC OF THİS MMORPG GAME MAN IM A WARRİOR AND YOU ARE HEALLER HOW CAN U ONESHOT ME THATS NONESENSE ıts just run and die simulator for begginers

Saturday, March 4th 2023, 8:54pm

Gheistlocke

Beginner

This game, man... I keep coming back once or twice a year to peek over the fence and see what's going on. Hoping against reality that the p2p server will suddenly have just enough population that I can actually enjoy playing.

And yeah, man... Don't even get me started on the PvP. I remember getting 1-shot at max level but still wanting to think the game was fun. "It's my gear" I told myself. "I just need to gear up". Months later I walk into a BG in full legendaries with a few mythics, my 5th patron, and full level 7 runes. The battle begins, a fight breaks out, and I get hit for the first time. My defensive cooldowns are active, so the first shot only takes me from 100% down to maybe 5% or so. The second shot kills me so hard I fly off like a beach ball in a storm. It must have been the defensive cooldowns, though, because every encounter after that was death by 1-shot. That's when I finally put the game down and never came back.

If I suddenly found myself in charge of everything, I know exactly how I would give both the players and the company what they want:

- Gather up all the files for Allods versions through the years.
- Launch an "Allods Classic" server that will slowly update over the years to catch up to retail.
- Make "Allods Classic" free to play. REMOVE RUNES.
- Remove ALL pay-to-win from "Allods Classic" free-to-play server. Do not offer pay-to-win. Do not offer pay-to-win.
- Gather up all the cosmetics and toy items.
- Monetize the cosmetics and toy items in the cash shop.
- Monetize pay-for-convenience in the cash shop. DO NOT slip back into pay-for-power with this. I'm talking bag space, XP scrolls, etc.
- Gather up all the astral ship customizationslike paint jobs, sails, etc.
- Monetize astral ship customization in the cash shop.
- Dev work freed up by going with the "classic" model. Use that to create more cosmetics, mounts, and things of that nature.
- Monetize the new cosmetics, mounts, and things of that nature.
- (Stretch Goal) Create new animations for player character skills that can be used as animation skins. For example, if a player rolls is a Mage and casts frostbolt they can get a waterbolt animation to apply to the skill. All it does is change the frost bolt to look like a water bolt. Purely cosmetic. This lets players really fine tune their character customization.
- (Stretch Goal) Monetize the skill animation cosmetics.
- Reach out to low/mid tier streamers and content creators. Not the big names, the little guys that would jump at the chance to do a video or a live stream to promote "Allods Classic". Hell, I would do it. So there's one. Offer in-game goodies as payment if you can't afford it otherwise.
- Create a SIMPLE subscription model for a VIP status. Something like a monthly stipend of cash shop currency, increased bag/bank space, and maybe +10% XP gains in exchange for a $7.99 monthly fee.
- Monetize the "VIP" model through OPTIONAL subscription. "Allods Classic" server should be free-to-play.
- Actually market the server launch. If you can't afford a marketing budget, reach out to streamers and content creators. Be human. B upfront and say you are an old game looking for one more shot at glory. Then offer them some in-game reward in exchange for their stream or review or whatever they produce on behalf of Allods. There are those that would do this gladly.
::Ghesitlocke::
Arisen Occultist
....555/667....

::Ogreleg::
Arisen Heretic

MMO Experience:
- WoW, Age of Wushu, Tera, SWTOR, Swordsman, Atlantica, EVE, Allods, Secret World, Star Trek Online, ArcheAge, Age of Conan, Diablo 2*, Diablo 3*, Path of Exile*, Champions Online, Skyforge

Favorites:
- WoW: Vanilla - Wrath, Age of Wushu, Allods, EVE, Diablo 2*, Path of Exile*, Age of Conan

Ruined by Pay-to-Win:
- Age of Wushu, ArcheAge, Allods (free server), Diablo 3*

Waiting for:
- Star Citizen

Saturday, March 4th 2023, 11:42pm

Heya Gheistlocke!

What exactly is the population you would need on P2P Server to enjoy playing again? Because on Leag side they are doing endgame things like Heroics. I´m not 100% sure about Raids since I`m not playing on the P2P Server. But also there is a weekly update about the P2P. Maybe you want to have a look into it and maybe get in touch with Dragagon and he could answer your questions. https://www.dragallods.com/post/smuggler…3-02-26-02-2023

The ideas you have given I will pass forward and push so the CM will see them and read through it. I really like the Content Creator idea to get in touch with someone low lvl / mid tier since we have some Content Creators in Allods too but they might be "too small" for Viewers to find if they don´t look specifically for Allods Online.

Maybe you want to share your ideas on the Allods Online Discord too. So more people might read about your Ideas! :)
Allods Online Discord https://discord.gg/CcpVYQvAae

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Virgule" (Mar 5th 2023, 12:09am)

Sunday, March 5th 2023, 12:50pm

there are certain players in game and if some of them comes your team in pvp you win if dont you lose. ım just dying in pvp man ıts soo boring in mmorp game what is that game mean if ı just going and get oneshot and doing nothing??? and mmorpg??? ım just saying my last pvp game was just like this: game started and ı ran to middle and one ''healler'' teleported me and oneshot me btw ım a warrior man WHERE İS THE LOGİC OF THİS MMORPG GAME MAN IM A WARRİOR AND YOU ARE HEALLER HOW CAN U ONESHOT ME THATS NONESENSE ıts just run and die simulator for begginers

If you look at the bigger idea behind an mmorpg, that's 12 years old, then yes, it's a die simulator for beginners. It's not a fast paced minigame like LOL, CSGO or Fortnite.
An Mmo requires time and effort to be put in by the player to progress. It's very logical you get beaten up very hard by 12 year advanced players than you.
Just like you'd have a child irl, it will never catch up to Elon Musk now. These people are way ahead of your child. Same applies to you if you just start now.
Gameplay logic, mechanic understanding, rock paper scissor with classes are all things you don't master as good as veteran players.
There is nothing devs can do about the idea of an mmo but throwing free goodies at free (new) players so they go "O I get free stuff, I like this game" to keep them longer inside the game.
There are 2 options left for you at this point. Play badass music in the background and start grinding to become one of them like an ironman revival cutscene.
Or give up here and now and move on.

Either way I wish you the best. Don't forget an mmo is bigger than just winning. There are social aspects to it. There is PvE to enjoy too. Explore a bit of everything :)
Welcome to Sarnaut!

Sunday, March 5th 2023, 1:00pm

Hoping against reality that the p2p server will suddenly have just enough population that I can actually enjoy playing.

It ain't just going to happen like that, haha. Nothing gets done by doing nothing. I been trying exactly this for the past 5 years I been playing P2P. It's been working sometimes, but it died off a bit after. I've seen the cycles repeat for many seasons now and I haven't seen it grow bigger than 100 players simultaneously online.
Word of advice, want it to work? Start playing there. That's all it takes. Play there and be patient more join in. Nothing else will make it work, nothing else realistically. No random group of asmongold followers are going to invade the server with content and population. No random advertising will be done by the game. No random EU war is going to cut off WOW servers and direct the players to Allods. Forget it. We need players, you, me, the reader, the kid in front of you in the bus, to simply start playing.

(Stretch Goal) Create new animations for player character skills that can be used as animation skins. For example, if a player rolls is a Mage and casts frostbolt they can get a waterbolt animation to apply to the skill. All it does is change the frost bolt to look like a water bolt. Purely cosmetic. This lets players really fine tune their character customization.

This is a really good idea. This should go to developers. But again, I'm a big promoter of the ingame reward system. We got achievement system WITH POINTS, but the points are not used for anything but flex when asking others how many achievements points they got. It's lame. Let's start opening an achievement shop that unlocks rewards after x points? I gave this idea months, maybe a year ago, on the RU forum. No feedback was given. Deadly silence I suppose.

Actually market the server launch. If you can't afford a marketing budget, reach out to streamers and content creators. Be human. B upfront and say you are an old game looking for one more shot at glory. Then offer them some in-game reward in exchange for their stream or review or whatever they produce on behalf of Allods. There are those that would do this gladly.

There is such a system in place, but most content I see from my fellow CC are sadly simply opening lootboxes, the same dominions every week over and over, opening cash shop boxes, quite boring content. Very little creativeness from our community. No roleplay I'd love to see and make myself, very little lore telling. There is a good amount of class guides from experienced players, but that's about it. We need media content that can also be of interest to non allods players, that's a hard thing to figure out.