You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 9:59am

Crafted EPIC Wand VS Blue Astral Wand

Anyone know why the damage of the blue astral wand is higher then the epic crafted wand?

Think out of the top of my head, the VIGOR/STAM and stats are quite some higher on the Epic wand, but its magical power is around 460~
Whereas the BLUE astral wand has less vigor/stam and lower stats, but its magical power is around 470~

Anyone know a formula or something?

Because all crafted gear is better then blue astral, except the weapons it seems. I just dont get it :)
If someone could clarify, it would be greatly appreciated.

Former Alias: Stoeipoesje, ISA server.

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 10:11am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

Did you make sure you looked at both with same glyph's installed? It's been a week, but I can't remember the blue having the advantage over epic.

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 10:19am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

The stats of an epic quality crafted item are indeed higher, however blue astral item is of a higher item level (and equip level) than the crafted one and that is why it has higher functional specifications like weapon dps or spellpower. Same goes for armor in fact. Astral armors have higher armor rating and resistances.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 10:20am

Did you make sure you looked at both with same glyph's installed? It's been a week, but I can't remember the blue having the advantage over epic.
Uhm im sorry, i dont.
Im still using an Epic wand myself, but people within my guild mentioned the blue Wand beeing stronger then the epic when they use it.
So im curious about the formula behind it, if there is any.

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 11:13am

im just laughing at ppl that use crafted gear and think that its better than blue astral gear or fables 52.

PvE--- fables 52>crafted geard. you get way more stats from fables 52...means you will do shitloads more dps
pvp wise---blue astral gear>crafted. you get way more resistances from blue gear----- and crafted gear has shitloads of random useless stats.

to many trolls around that were spreading rumors around that crafted epic gear is good just so they could make 12'3929'12312 gold

and about the wand, blue from astral is better than epic crafted one, you get more spellpower from it since its higher lvl item i guess.

now back to

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 12:05pm

im just laughing at ppl that use crafted gear and think that its better than blue astral gear or fables 52.

PvE--- fables 52>crafted geard. you get way more stats from fables 52...means you will do shitloads more dps
pvp wise---blue astral gear>crafted. you get way more resistances from blue gear----- and crafted gear has shitloads of random useless stats.

to many trolls around that were spreading rumors around that crafted epic gear is good just so they could make 12'3929'12312 gold

and about the wand, blue from astral is better than epic crafted one, you get more spellpower from it since its higher lvl item i guess.

now back to
But not everyone had FF52 available, at least i didn't.

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 1:28pm

reeah19

Intermediate

crafted epics are better than blue astral and 52 myths, maybe 52 myths gives you more stats but they give less vigor and stamina, so overall if you multiply the vigor with prof for example you'll get same amount of damage.

also glyphs dont influence magical power or damage anymore

and you guess wrong blue astral is 40 spellpower less than crafted one

anyway is better to use blue astral because it balances ur stats better than crafted, but epic crafted is way better than green from wildshore
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 1:39pm

Modliszka

Beginner

Put on one wand (crafted epic) hoover over any spell that do dmg or heal
Put on another one (blue astral or even blue from leveling quest) - check same spell again

you will find that epic crafted gives you less dps/heal than blue one (even this from leveling!!! - "wand of the basher" if I remember right)

I checked it on life tap - 41k with epic crafted / 44k with blue leveling wand
So do not bother to buy/craft that shit. (sorry greedy crafters :P )

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 2:09pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

If you craft epic gear set for yourself and actually READ what stats each item has (you have at least 2 different types of crafted item to choose from) you will have as good of a set of stats as you would by simply balancing rare and fable 52 astral
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Luka" (Apr 3rd 2014, 3:18pm)

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 2:47pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

crafted epics are better than blue astral and 52 myths, maybe 52 myths gives you more stats but they give less vigor and stamina, so overall if you multiply the vigor with prof for example you'll get same amount of damage.

anyway is better to use blue astral because it balances ur stats better than crafted, but epic crafted is way better than green from wildshore
u are totally wrong :) but nice to see ppl that waste gold on buying useless epics :D
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 3:42pm

AleXutZa

Trainee

haha seriously :)) if you have a tought to upgrade an item be my guest :)))) i calculated some posibilities and in curent patch to upgrade 7.14 % Green with Green it will cost 1 amalgans and 490 gold :))) a full blue upgrader it will cost arround 7,4 k gold :)) you think on that and more thing .....

if upgrading to blue at 7.14 % ration think on opic upgrade .... 1 amalgs 660 gold and 4,5 % chance .. So u be the judge :) Full epic .. ? or full astral Blue (80 k gold for upgraders)

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 3:50pm

you'll lose the gold either way, wether it's buying crafted epics or gathering gear from astral, from astral takes a long run so you don't spend tons of money on 1 day which you can do with epics. sooner or later you'll want to be full legendary lvl 60 gear anyway, so why not spend the gold on astral gear instead of crafted gear AND astral..

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 5:33pm

[quote='reeah19',index.php?page=Thread&postID=12536#post12536]crafted epics are better than blue astral and 52 myths, maybe 52 myths gives you more stats but they give less vigor and stamina, so overall if you multiply the vigor with prof for example you'll get same amount of damage.

anyway is better to use blue astral because it balances ur stats better than crafted, but epic crafted is way better than green from wildshore[/quote]

Actually blue astral is 12 spell power greater then crafted epic.

Friday, April 4th 2014, 12:21am

reeah19

Intermediate

take for example 70% prof with 5k vigor in myth 52s - that is less damage than 35% with 8k vigor in epics ( multypling a bigger number with lower % can be more than multypling a lower number with a higher procent ) , either some of you dont understand what multiply is or you dont understand how stats work. overall theyre equal, and also not everyone had 52s.

crafted gear is good as long as you can do it yourself.

and if you consider that doing astral and getting 2-3 drops per week is decent speed of gearing just go for the astral gear, 2 weeks and im at ~ 50% with wand so long live epics lol

thats as stats, someone post a ss with spell power if you can please
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "reeah19" (Apr 4th 2014, 12:37am)

Friday, April 4th 2014, 6:03am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

crafted gear is good as long as you can do it yourself.

Yup, that's the thing I can agree on. If you craft your own epic gear, it doesn't cost as much as buying in the auction and you can balance out the stats the way you want. It's a perfect way for people to catch up if they didn't have fable 52's in the previous patch (new players or rerolling reincas)
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Friday, April 4th 2014, 7:04am

If you are only 50% to a wand after 2 weeks you're doing something wrong.

With the right refractor you should be able to upgrade your wand in 3-4 allods.

Friday, April 4th 2014, 7:41am

it is EXPENSIVE as hell >->

Friday, April 4th 2014, 9:42am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

Not so expensive if you like doing pvp, since it's the main amalgam and gold income this patch in my opinion.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Friday, April 4th 2014, 1:19pm

reeah19

Intermediate

its not expensive, it just dont drop, from 8-12 drops per allod none is what i want, at current drop rate you can do max 1 item in 1 week but only if ur lucky

the cost per crafting also depends on your luck, sometimes u get 1 from 1-2 tries, sometimes u spend 3k and dont get any

can someone post a ss with spellpower of blue astral wand tho? cuz at stats is 59 lower
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Friday, April 4th 2014, 3:44pm

Your experience with the drop rate is not indicative of the drop rate, as the sample size is so small. This applies across the board for any conclusion.

The drop rate is no worse than for any given piece of gear - you just perceive it to be so, because you look at it as "the drop I want" and "drops I don't want".

You need to look at each individual drop as it's own probability.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dhamp" (Apr 4th 2014, 4:04pm)