You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 4:55pm

Question about Anniversary Coins

Hi everyone,

I noticed we're having a Fun Day Celebration with costumes from the Festival NPCs. They cost a platinum coin each though and I was wondering if there are any ways to obtain the anniversary coins outside of random monster drops (are they random?). Do the coins ever drop in denominations higher than silver?

Thank you very much!

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 5:29pm

Oracle

Intermediate

Yes, gold and platinum coins can drop too, however they have a much lower drop rate. You can also receive coins as drops from astral demons, and they always drop silver or higher. If you have bought any strongboxes from the Boutique, they will give you a Collector's Coin each and you can trade these at the D2 golem in the bank for gold anniversary coins :)

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 5:48pm

Ah that helps a lot, thank you! Sorry if this is a stupid question haha, but where do we find astral demons? Are they high level map monsters? Or do we have to do something to encounter them?

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 5:49pm

You'll encounter them on the way to Astral Allods - you'll find out at 55ish!
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 5:54pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

More like straight at lv 60. :)
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 5:55pm

Oracle

Intermediate

Yes, once you have an astral ship, or some friends with a ship, you can venture out into the astral :) here there are plenty of demons about, but be careful, and stick to the lower sectors until you have a stronger ship, or you could be blown to smithereens quite often :P You will be able to kill demons by using the cannons or artillery on the ship :)

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 7:43pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

And there is a tutorial quest just outside of hangar in the Astral Academy. You can find it at the mercenary npc and it teaches you step by step how to use all the ship devices on an astral ship that is piloted by merceneries.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Monday, April 7th 2014, 1:57pm

Yes, gold and platinum coins can drop too, however they have a much lower drop rate. You can also receive coins as drops from astral demons, and they always drop silver or higher. If you have bought any strongboxes from the Boutique, they will give you a Collector's Coin each and you can trade these at the D2 golem in the bank for gold anniversary coins :)

Huh. I never knew they dropped platinum directly on ordinary mobs. Hmmpf. I've seen copper/silver/gold and yes, they are common, uncommon, rare... That said, the labyrinthine workings of fate meant that on a p2p character I created back in the gPot days to see how the systems compared got a gold one the very first time she got one.

For the OP: Note that the drop rates on the different coins are evaluated independently, and it does sometimes happen that you get a copper and a silver from the same mob.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.