You are not logged in.

Friday, April 18th 2014, 4:30pm

Coming back after long Hiatus

So I haven't played since last summer. I have a 55 orc warden that was my main (Ginsberger). I did a decent amount of end game content, have full leggy, a few mythics, and knew everything about this game. I just came back after hearing that gpotato is no longer in charge of this game and that there was a new expansion. after playing for a bit I am completely lost.

So the reason for this post is that I'm wondering if theres a guide about all the new content that 5.0 brought us and if not, does anyone have some helpful tips.

Another thing I was shocked at was the price of gem shards. When I last played they were around 10g each and now they are about 55g. Is it easier to farm gold now with this new expansion? I had about 200 long term bank deposit boxes and now have a good infux of gpots, errr, whatever they are called now. Should I trade some in for gold or save them for item shop things and if so is there anything new to the shop since last year I should know about(have about 8k gems, 8k gold, and 8k premium crystals as well as another 100 boxes that have a few more months left on them).

Sorry for all the questions but I am so lost now xD Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and I look foward to your responses. Until then I'll be working on an engineer inc (Turdreich if u wanna lvl with me :D)
Goldberger - League Scout
Ginsberger - Imperial Warden

Friday, April 18th 2014, 4:48pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Lets just say you're really lucky you have the bank deposit boxes.
My reasoning behind this is because I'm assuming you're from the US since your English is good. That being said...it now costs us 1.37x more in crystal purchases than it used to be. Used to be $100 for 11050 gPotatoes. Now it is $137 for 11050 crystals. (At least that's what I've been told, I haven't purchased any since the new owners.
I still have some rolling as well and the amount of premium crystals (well CS in general) in this patch is insane.
Grinding gold is easier since gear drops instead of glyphs that sold for nothing, however, it's quite tedious.
In regards to your crystals (formerly known as gPotatos/gPots) I would suggest saving them as well as you are capable of doing. If you run out of gold you can always grind or transfer a few crystals here and there.

There are a few new mounts, carnifex scroll (idk if you were around for this), and edict of conclave.

The Spinner:
Has a target/pull/drag skill that deals damage.
Has a target/jump to/stun skill.
A very quick mount and is not slowed or dismounted in water.

The Manabike:

Has a pulse similar to the psionicist class, although there is no stun, just a knockback.
Has a firetrail skill that deals damage and slows enemies caught in it.
It has the ability to gain movement speed increasing stacks if you're going in a [relatively] straight line.
Currently this is the fastest mount.

The Carnifex Scrolls:

Green: Restores health when you get out of combat after getting killing blows. (Don't know percentage - might be 3%/kill)

Blue: Restores mana/energy when you get out of combat after getting killing blows. (Don't know percentages - might be 3%/kill/skill)

Epic: Restores cooldowns when you get out of combat after getting killing blows on mobs. (3% of a cooldown per kill on each skill. I think)

Legend:
Adds 5/10/20 willpower depending on the amount of killing blows you receive in PvP in a 10 minute time.
5 for 3 kills
10 for 6 kills
20 for 12 kills
This also offers an insanely cool vanity kill animation for when you kill your foes in PvP.

Edict of Conclave:

(Green) Page of Edict of Conclave:
If you read this manuscript, you will receive 3 defensive stat points.

(Blue) Section of Edict of Conclave:
If you read this manuscript, you will receive 4 defensive stat points.

(Epic) Part of Edict of Conclave:
If you read this manuscript, you will receive 5 defensive stat points.

(Legend) Edict of Conclave:
If you read the Edict, you will receive 9 defensive stat points.

Sorry about not knowing the exact details on the carnifex scrolls atm since I am at work I can't check.

Hope this helps!

Good luck and welcome back. :thumbup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hclftw" (Apr 18th 2014, 4:58pm)

Friday, April 18th 2014, 5:02pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

Green (carnifex): Restores health when you get out of combat after getting killing blows. (Don't know percentage - might be 3%/kill)
Yup, it's 3%.
Blue: Restores mana/energy when you get out of combat after getting killing blows. (Don't know percentages - might be 3%/kill/skill)
3% per kill, idk if skill.
Epic: Restores cooldowns when you get out of combat after getting killing blows on mobs. (3% of a cooldown per kill on each skill. I think)
I guess yup, 3%
Legend:
Adds 5/10/20 willpower depending on the amount of killing blows you receive in PvP in a 10 minute time.
5 for 3 kills
10 for 6 kills
20 for 12 kills
This also offers an insanely cool vanity kill animation for when you kill your foes in PvP.
Also 15 willpower for 9 kills I think.
Edict of Conclave:
(Green) Page of Edict of Conclave:
If you read this manuscript, you will receive 3 defensive stat points.
(Blue) Section of Edict of Conclave:
If you read this manuscript, you will receive 4 defensive stat points.
(Epic) Part of Edict of Conclave:
If you read this manuscript, you will receive 5 defensive stat points.
(Legend) Edict of Conclave:
If you read the Edict, you will receive 9 defensive stat points.
It's not that plain and simple with the conclave. Green allows to put your all of your gained statpoints in vitality, getting blue unlocks bloodlust, epic unlocks tenacity and legendary unlocks willpower.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Friday, April 18th 2014, 5:35pm

wow, thanks for the quick replys. Yes, I am from America. Forgot I read about the merger between the NA and Eu servers so I guess that should be clarified now xD. I was around for the Carnifax items, that was right around when I stopped playing. I saw a Spinner in the AH going for a crazy price (like 2 million g xD)

So are there no longer glyph sectors? How do you get them now
Goldberger - League Scout
Ginsberger - Imperial Warden

Friday, April 18th 2014, 5:51pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

You can get glyphs in a place called Wellebel Preserve, you get a quest to go there once you reach level 60. There are 12 "rights for glyphs" currency every week and completing a quest removes 1 each time. You can get either uncommon equipable glyphs, legendary upgrades or fable upgrades. (8 of uncommon and legendary, 5 of fable per quest)

Also you can attack the weakest mobs there for the first two quests.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Friday, April 18th 2014, 5:52pm

IAmGroot

Professional

There is a zone called Wellebell Preserve.
You can collect glyphs by killing mobs there.
Green/Blue/Epic/Legend/Myth glyphs.
You also need to farm Wellebell to get refractors (multipliers) to open your boxes from astral.
This gives you more loot.
So you'll be in Wellebell a lot. :)