You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 9:55am

• "The Allods Project" started this thread

always have to grind?

Hey i got some problems. when i leveled up my main character i enever grinded befor runing to the next area. but now when i made a new character i noticed that even if i buy 2 double xp pack on every map i stil have to grind like a whole level befor i actuly can move on. i have 100% on every map. Right now i have to grind 98% on yazers shards.

I have i made something seriously wrong somewhere or have they just compleatly ruined the fun of allods after the expansion?

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 10:24am

papariga

Beginner

Hey i got some problems. when i leveled up my main character i enever grinded befor runing to the next area. but now when i made a new character i noticed that even if i buy 2 double xp pack on every map i stil have to grind like a whole level befor i actuly can move on. i have 100% on every map. Right now i have to grind 98% on yazers shards.

I have i made something seriously wrong somewhere or have they just compleatly ruined the fun of allods after the expansion?
You have to grind until lvl 40. After Yazers Shards you wont have any problem with lvling.

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 10:50am

Do Goblinball. They made it awesome for leveling and endgame on purpose.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 10:55am

i agree but prepare for ragers.

Goblinball is somehow bugged for me.
And the words that are beeing thrown to my head are just insane.

Guess i'll make some screens the next time and post them on the forum.
I

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 11:02am

skullskaldy

Beginner

you sure it's not just cause you're not used to the new mechanics?

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 11:16am

nah i am sure

1 round i can shoot the ball.

And another round it says "you cant do that" every time.
I

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 1:14pm

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

It was always like that, but you probably didn't noticed it. It's from the old days when each new patch brought new endgame map (gipat, Yazes, kirah etc.). I remember the 2kk exp you needed before you were able to leave Gipat or the 4 days quest in kirah actually being 4 days quest. But as someone here already noticed, it has changed after yazes it will be faster.

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 2:16pm

IAmGroot

Professional

My serious guess is you skipped a zone on accident.

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 6:30pm

My serious guess is you skipped a zone on accident.
^this. I just came back to the game but before 5.0 the only spot i needed to grind is that awful coba plateau (a full 2 levels too which sucked and took forever xD). I'm stuck at 59 needing to grind but that was because I was at max level before crystal mountain. If I started leveling now (which I am on a bard inc) I'd probably get to max level before finishing all the quests in umoir.

another thing you might have done which I accidentally did on my main (which is why I'm stuck at 59 doing gb to lvl) is that I used those dam marks of fate. They seem tempting but they remove a lot of xp you would get killing the mobs for the quests u use them on. Only use them on quests that don't involve killing mobs, ones that make you gather stuff not from mobs.
Goldberger - League Scout
Ginsberger - Imperial Warden

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 9:02pm

Just asume u are going to continue grinding and u wont be let down

My main was 700k xp short with using marks after i figured out how to use them after in the new lvls

the reincarts ive run through aswell have been 500-600k xp short with only using marks to finish quests that u have to gather stuff and dont have to kill stuff.

Goblin ball id sooner go beg in the imperial capital for gold to buy xp scrolls (yes im league) .

now if they wanted to make a change make wellbell quest lvl 59 not 60 so u can grind in there and get resorces for when u hit 60 .

and to be honest after running these charecters throught the maze im not crazy about running the rest of my reincarts up to 60 let alone the

mind numbing prospect of ever getting them equiped for astral / pvp content

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 4:53am

Kaggon

Trainee

I have leveled several Toons since 09. I have never had any trouble leveling my toons until patch 5.0 Whoever the powers that be are, they changed the exp on mobs. In dragon ring, The Hydras used to give 500 and 600 exp per kill. now ALL mobs give between 200 and 250 xp per. Even 2 and 3 levels higher than yourself give a limited amount of exp like 10-20 exp more. Its a change no one knew was coming and it hurt those who don't rely on scrolls tremendously!

I learned quickly about Marks of Fate. Only use if your exp gain is minimal IE. Picking 15 flowers... The ones that ask you to kill 20 mobs, Kill 19 and then use your marks. You get a nice xp gain, plus the mobs you killed plus the quest xp. My Engineer is stuck at 59 cause lost massive XP while being feared through the map (pic and vid proof) while questing XD

Ringtones~Bard
Ratchette~Mechanic
~Eminence~

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 10:35am

Tirofijo

Trainee

Well i stoped questing when my incarnation was level 55, last year. So manny of perlring and crystal palace quests i had unfinished. When i was done with that, i already was level 56,5 as i started the continuation. And of corse it is designed to be like this. When i was at the end of all quests i was just missing some thousands exp to be level 60. So anyway if you are a gamer who do realy all quests before leaving to the next leveling zone, you have little problems. If you skip and refuse fighting mobs just for fun or training or even the nice lucky moments can cause that. You are trapped in certain points. Well known with Death City, Coba with 34, Yazes shard with 38,39 and so on...
Sometimes you have to show courage and of which wood you are made off.
Tirofijo, Scout
Incarnations:
Ingenieur, Engineer
Stanislawic
, Paladin (Full Tank)
Almarice, Priest (Full Healer)
Evocatus, Summoner
Dvalinn, Warrior
Psiofour, Psionic

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 10:51am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

i agree but prepare for ragers.

And the words that are beeing thrown to my head are just insane.

Guess i'll make some screens the next time and post them on the forum.
Better just report them to the support for offensive and rude behavior towards you. They could get a mute for ~ 3 days
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 11:41pm

Aww man Seriously, tho they should make mob give double xp dat way it would be easier to grind xp from mobs :sleeping:

Monday, June 2nd 2014, 12:03pm

Ankush

Trainee

mob xp too low

I have never had any trouble leveling my toons until patch 5.0 Whoever the powers that be are, they changed the exp on mobs. In dragon ring, The Hydras used to give 500 and 600 exp per kill. now ALL mobs give between 200 and 250 xp per. Even 2 and 3 levels higher than yourself give a limited amount of exp like 10-20 exp more. Its a change no one knew was coming and it hurt those who don't rely on scrolls tremendously!

Being new to game the lower mob xp really hurt.
Even with weekend double xp smiles twice (that around 3 days),I had to grind and kill hell lot of mobs at
-COba for half a lvl - lucky for me guildy gave me some xp scrolls . 250 xp per mob*2
-Lvl 37.5 to lvl 38 ( 250 xp per mob, 264 if mob = ur lvl+1)
- Now I am stuck at lvl 39.1 and cant move forward not to say the mobs give (37-180 xp to 39 ~250 xp). Only way i c is 5 goblin-ball matches per day. I am so bored with just killing mobs without sense that I am not playing the actual game and just coming for goblinball matches.
and before anybody asks I have done all imp/non-imp/repetable atleast once. (0.9 lv to lvl 40 is about 160k, considering around 200/mob = 800 mobs. Hell with that I have other games I can play while goblinball is on cd for a day)
I really don't know if this is gonna continue after lvl 40. I m thinking of quiting this game altogether.I know I know no need to tell u guys and qq.

Monday, June 2nd 2014, 1:33pm

another thing you might have done which I accidentally did on my main (which is why I'm stuck at 59 doing gb to lvl) is that I used those dam marks of fate. They seem tempting but they remove a lot of xp you would get killing the mobs for the quests u use them on. Only use them on quests that don't involve killing mobs, ones that make you gather stuff not from mobs.

If you have a quest to kill N monsters, kill N-1 to get their XPs, then use the Marks of Fate - you get the XP from the mobs, and the *full* XP from spending the MoFs, and the XP from turning in the quest. And you earn more MoFs because you earn them for the mob XP. If it's a quest to kill N ordinaries and one elite of some sort, make sure that you get the elite and N-1 of the ordinaries, because the elite will give more XP than the ordinary.

Of course, if you are backfilling quests with mobs 5+ below your level, don't bother killing them. Just spend the marks because you don't get XP for the mobs.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 2:29am

Xaraman

Trainee

So anyway if you are a gamer who do realy all quests before leaving to the next leveling zone, you have little problems. If you skip and refuse fighting mobs just for fun or training or even the nice lucky moments can cause that. You are trapped in certain points.

This is a very good point. Make sure you are doing all quests in a zone if you are not using xp scrolls. Although side quests are not important to the world mystery storyline, they provide valuable XP if you are levelling. Same with reputation. You should be grinding rep with some factions in certain zones so you will make the zone level cap. Otherwise, you will spend a fortune on XP scrolls as the smiles of fortune aren't going to come as often as before.

Though I still think some zones could do with increased XP from mobs or quests.

Cheers!