You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 2:25pm

Citizenkane

Beginner

• "Citizenkane" started this thread

Old player, few questions

It's been a few months since I checked up on Allods. I finally got around to transferring my account and I'm wondering if I should download the client and try out the new patch. I have a few questions regarding the state of things:

How is the population?
Are people still playing on the sub server?
How is management compared to NA gPotato (pre-Webzen)?
Are there many players left from NA server, or is it mostly EU players?

I imagine many of these questions have been asked and answered before, but I scrolled through the last few pages of forums and didn't see much.

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 2:34pm

IAmGroot

Professional

It's been a few months since I checked up on Allods. I finally got around to transferring my account and I'm wondering if I should download the client and try out the new patch. I have a few questions regarding the state of things:

How is the population?
It's infinitely better than it was on the NA server.
Battlegrounds are at a constant 3m or less during EU times.
Are people still playing on the sub server?
Yes and no.
I can't answer this from experience but there is a lot of QQ about the population and even someone made a thread requesting that they be merged with an RU server (which got shunned btw) because the population was small.
How is management compared to NA gPotato (pre-Webzen)?
It's a bit better already but still nothing to gloat about.
Are there many players left from NA server, or is it mostly EU players?
It's mostly EU players but there are a few of us left.

I imagine many of these questions have been asked and answered before, but I scrolled through the last few pages of forums and didn't see much.
Hey noob.

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 2:38pm

Citizenkane

Beginner

HCL, you magnificent bastard :)

Worth downloading the game?
What happened to Doomcendancy?

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 2:53pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Worth downloading it again?
I don't know about that to be fair.
I actually just posted this specific message to someone on our guild forum:

"I'm going to be honest...I've found this patch by far the most grindy/boring/crappy patch.
I'm seriously having a hard time finding enjoyment as well.
The only reason I really even can say I enjoy it still is because of the friends I have made make it fun.
This is a very social game and that is a big part of it.
YOU have to find what makes you happy in the game.
I do not know what that is, but, I know you like talking a lot...so just um hang out with people."

As for Doomscendancy?

The GUILD Doom is no more, they took over Ascendancy. I think only 4-5 original Ascendancy members are in Ascendancy now.
Honeybeezz, Nayrb...and there is a couple more I can't think of right now since I'm at work.

Edit: Also in regards to potentially joining one of the EU guilds...I've heard from other NA players that they are really struggling to fit in. First off the language barrier is unfortunate, however, the guilds seem to be very cliquey and if you are not inside said cliques...you are pretty much ignored. (No offense to anyone that doesn't feel this way, it's just what I've heard from multiple people from the NA server that are now in EU guilds.)

Edit 2 and 3: I also hate the fact that it now costs us $137 for 10k boutique coins/crystals/gem shards/gPotatoes, whatever you wanna call them. It's really A LOT more money when you think about it... 37% increase and ... they only dropped the prices in the CS a 'little' bit...it doesn't make up for it...Especially considering we used to get 11050 boutique coins for $100 instead of just 10k.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Hclftw" (Apr 22nd 2014, 3:06pm)

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 3:08pm

Xaraman

Trainee

Hi,

1+2) Population is much better on f2p. p2p doesn't seem to be fairing as well.

3) It's still a little early to say as they are still sorting out the mess of the transfer. They had to install a new support ticket system as the original one was dodgy (still working through the backlog), they're still sorting out payment methods (at the moment only paypal and CC) and they're still getting to grips with the game. But I will say this; Wraith02, who is our GM seems to really want to engage with us and make things better, which is a massive improvement in my eyes from the webzen team. So, I'm being patient and will let things settle down to see how they really do. But I have a good feeling about my.com.

4) It is mostly EU, but EU did have a bigger population come merge time. Also there are still some issues in the game such as dominion, AoD times (currently they happen at peak EU times rather than NA peak times) which is probably keeping some people from coming back and engaging in the game properly. But as I said above, the GM team do seem to be trying and have said that once things settle down, they will do their best to find an adequate solution for all players, not just EU.

And the end of the day, try it out. The new stat system is interesting (though more limited than the old system) and the game still looks great. There are teething problems (localisations etc) and the in game economy is still bouncing around a lot, but it's worth a look.

Cheers!

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 3:10pm

Citizenkane

Beginner

Thanks for the reply HCL. Frankly, I can't say I'm surprised. MMOs and their communities are ephemeral in nature, but I can't help feeling nostalgia for the good times Allods has given me.

Ah well, I suppose I'll just have to wait until June 3. ;)

And the end of the day, try it out. The new stat system is interesting (though more limited than the old system) and the game still looks great.
The new stat system seems to favor more casual play. I still miss the old old stat system where we could balance defensive stats.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Citizenkane" (Apr 22nd 2014, 3:15pm)

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 3:20pm

IAmGroot

Professional

The new stat system seems to favor more casual play. I still miss the old old stat system where we could balance defensive stats.
You can balance defensive stats. :huh:

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 3:22pm

Hey Kane, glad to hear from you again.
HCL and Xaraman answered your questions and I have nothing to add to the answers. I think it's best if you try the game yourself and then decide if it's worth to play again or not.

And now you have my curiosity: what's gonna happen on June 3rd?

Edit: Nevermind. Figured out why you're waiting for June 3rd :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zurion" (Apr 22nd 2014, 3:30pm)

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 3:23pm

Oshi

Trainee

Hello,

As an old player you will find this new allods, a complete different world from the one pre patch.
it requires way more activities, it gives you way more challenges, and also way more time consuming.

As an NA player i can say in the advanced that most of the old NA guilds are pretty much broken, and their players spread across the server.
(Many Ascendancy people joined Minc for example)

In Minc we try to make all our community to take part in all game activities, even if the schedules favor more the EU people, we have 2 raids (monday and saturday) so i guess that other guilds are doing kinda of the same.

If you are an Hardcore player you will find this patch quite entertaining, if you are a casual player you will find this patch also balanced. (for now at least while no1 has any kind of gear advantage)

You should give it a try ;)
:) :) :)

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 3:30pm

Xaraman

Trainee

Quoted

You can balance defensive stats

Yeah you can,

But for different reasons.

Pre-patch I'd balance out different stats depending on who you were up against (a lot of magic dmg=lots of agil, a lot of phys dmg=more endu). You could also make pure cc builds by using conv/will. That sort of balancing has gone now and I preferred it as even if your opponent was better geared than you, if you knew your stats and build you could take them easily.

With the new system, defensively you have HP, Rage reduction, minor heal and willpower. Offensively, we've been told that you can only throw your DPS out of whack by a max of 10% with bad stat loading. So, the game will end up being all about gear/runes with a bit of skill thrown in here and there.

Though, the proof in the game will be in the pudding as the gearing progresses. Then we'll see exactly what is important.

Cheers!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Xaraman" (Apr 22nd 2014, 4:07pm) with the following reason: To add quote as it's not obvious who I'm replying to. Forum needs a preview if others have posted before you reply ;)

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 4:23pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

Ah well, I suppose I'll just have to wait until June 3. ;)

smart decision
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 11:35pm

hi kane we still fight even tho mincs/sos took all our runed players. Me oshi insomina pdo jclaire rozetri honey and a few others still around guild is ascendancy dont listen to hcl and were very proud of receveing the doom members here weve been fighting together for same point. and we managed to get 3rd place this week in dominion lucky or not in draft it is still a good job for a dead guild as many want us to be.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "nayrbieee" (Apr 22nd 2014, 11:55pm)

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 11:47pm

honeybeez

Beginner

Hiya Kane
Come back and try it out!!! And yes there are still a few original Asc. still here but a lot of new asc..
Come join us and nice to see you on the forums.
Thanks Nayrb

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "honeybeez" (Apr 23rd 2014, 1:06am)

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 11:56pm

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 12:34am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Hiya CK...

"I'm going to be honest...I've found this patch by far the most grindy/boring/crappy patch.
I'm seriously having a hard time finding enjoyment as well.

Have to agree. You know how I use to love leveling all of my many toons. I don't even find enjoyment in that anymore as there is just way too much of a grind.

Pay Server really depends on what time of day you wanna play. Only me and Bloodraven's incarn are still semi active in Ascendancy there. I will be completely honest and say it can be a barren wasteland on the Imp side at times. Not too sure about the Lig side as my Lig is umm afk (yeah that sounds good) at level 29 or 30.

Amber (Tooy)

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 12:45am

Jinxed

Intermediate

Sub server is great I love it. though empire could use some work when it comes to pvp :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jinxed-level 60

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 2:40am

Hey Kane, glad to hear from you again.
HCL and Xaraman answered your questions and I have nothing to add to the answers. I think it's best if you try the game yourself and then decide if it's worth to play again or not.

And now you have my curiosity: what's gonna happen on June 3rd?

Edit: Nevermind. Figured out why you're waiting for June 3rd :D
i tried looking for something about june 3rd and couldn't find anything. Gotta be a bit honest I didn't take too long looking but dam I am curious.

So, what is the big mystery surrounding june 3rd. I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation xD
Goldberger - League Scout
Ginsberger - Imperial Warden

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 3:42am

original members lol , ck isn't even original , I see one "original member" in that list of names lol. don't kid yourself. same game different shit , still fun , still boring , still too much work for too little pay, but its "fun" again kinda because its "different" enough to have to refigure out stuff. If you still enjoy wasting money and handing out cs stuff to beggers then it will be like old times. :D

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 4:00am

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 7:06am

hey kane :D long time no see

I played sub for a while, and the balance was fun, but IMO the population isn't enough to sustain each faction (to keep it fun), i'm back to f2p now, cheers man

Evreu <WarSong>
aka Mindbug Trauma Mercury Evesco blah blah