You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 21st 2014, 9:42pm

Tirofijo

Trainee

• "Tirofijo" started this thread

Is the Scout the weakest PVP class or not?

Hi fellow scouts,

I am playing our class since 4 years now, but i was never so disappionted then nowadays. The warrior was the easiest target for the scout in pvp, like every class has such a easier oponent, better said had. Now scout has no chance in pvp against any class. They are all better. manny classes are even still better then a scout if they have only 80% of our gearscors su weak class we became.

All the class changes of the last 2 years supported all but not us. Latest changes for priests now making them also better in pvp then scouts, so actally we are easy targets for everyone.

In the beginning we scouts had some of the highest possible pvp hits, our invisibility was untouched and effectiv. Our caltrops stopped every enemy. Our skills for jumps were unique.
Then the CC`s of other classes got supported, with inca skills you now find all classes jumping around, all have shields or/and selfheals exept the scouts.
We got more arrows, different arrows, but our strongest shots got downgraded and so our possibility of manny critical hits. Did i had before the patch a chance for critical hit of 125%, now i have 5% (+ 3-4 % of the old dragon relicts, which i havent replaced with the new ones)

I have tried almost everything, meele, close combat, range with non build i could compete with the other classes.
Our defense, our lifepoints, our CC, our Damage is always to weak in any combination.

My heart is bleeding, but i think in change to another class finaly.

As dps in PVE we are still one of the best, and myselfe always on top of raids damage. But PVP is a shame, no damage, no skills...

What could make our class better again:
1. Range of arrows to 150 meters. Our range is and was nessesary to have chances agains other classes. But it became too little helpfull, as other classes now have little problems to get closer to us. Close enough to have easy game with us.
2. Invisbility gets effectiv again. Interrupts all dots, all damage stops. Scout disapears of sight, how it should be and how it was once.
3. caltrops stops players. no overcharging, overrunning that. Like it was once, how it should be.

OK, thats my oppinion, what is yours?
Tirofijo, Scout
Incarnations:
Ingenieur, Engineer
Stanislawic
, Paladin (Full Tank)
Almarice, Priest (Full Healer)
Evocatus, Summoner
Dvalinn, Warrior
Psiofour, Psionic

Monday, April 21st 2014, 10:04pm

scouts are annoying as hell :pinch: that's all i've got to say.
CharlesbrnsonxAnger Management

Monday, April 21st 2014, 10:17pm

Ghost

Trainee

I miss my scout sometimes. I felt like I was much more useful in pvp compared to my engineer. I felt stronger, too, but I'm familiar with what you're talking about.

When you start feeling frustrated and useless it's time to reroll. Get a fresh perspective on things. Put your scout away and try something new.
PS: Another scout rework is on the way for 5.02. They were trying to get it released with 5.01 but ran out of time.

Monday, April 21st 2014, 10:26pm

Hi fellow scouts,
[...]
I have tried almost everything, meele, close combat, range with non build i could compete with the other classes.
Our defense, our lifepoints, our CC, our Damage is always to weak in any combination.
[...]
What could make our class better again:
1. Range of arrows to 150 meters. Our range is and was nessesary to have chances agains other classes. But it became too little helpfull, as other classes now have little problems to get closer to us. Close enough to have easy game with us.
2. Invisbility gets effectiv again. Interrupts all dots, all damage stops. Scout disapears of sight, how it should be and how it was once.
[...]

OK, thats my oppinion, what is yours?

I lost it after the " not enough" CC. The 150m range gave the killing blow. I hope this is some kind of trolling, Saintjaques.
Gooby plz!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Delio" (Apr 21st 2014, 10:33pm)

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 1:09am

I think you are just playing it wrong >.>

I will say Herakles is the best scout I have fought SO FAR on league side.

Thats as Melee scout btw, Can only imagine the numbers of DPS if I was using ranged.

we didnt kill him this attempt, but that was the standing dps after we wiped it due to some mistakes(ClockWorkKnight) can consistantly hold a top 4 # in dps througout the fight. One of our scouts Artist holds #3 consistantly through the fights to
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ryan9690" (Apr 22nd 2014, 3:20am)

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 6:43am

Youre talking about f2p server and showing ppl with patron 5 and op runes no wonder they got high dmg. And you say Artist is nr 3 hmm yeah he stayed as a scout for how long before going back to bard? 3 or 4 weeks?The truth is scouts are underpowered accoring to oter classes in pvp.Bards , warr or healers are now way to op.I was playing once with Yuna and she alone holded 6 geared and runed ppl is that ok?And now try to imagine a scout doing same thing

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 2:07pm

I have. It's called knowing how to work your CC,s how to use people's distances against them. Working with caltrops. And those people I was fighting, a lot of them have high runes =) Llamagenta is 13's and 12s and I am 11s and 9s,

Several of the people i fought had 11s and higher, including Tilim who I fight regularly and beat.

Yes Artist went scout for the champ title since their bard hit wave 70, so they went scout cause highest scout was wave 55. So yes, they went back to bard cause that was their class. Still did not keep them from already being better than most of the scouts out there. That should tell you something, someone played a scout for 4 weeks and already figured out how to play it better then most of the cry babies here.

Scout is not as underpowered as you think, most of the scouts around are just simple terrible cause they want to live in patch 3.0 when the CC durations lasted longer then cooldowns

and when ranged scout could just non stop CC you while hitting like a truck. Scouts could use a few tweaks here or there, removing minimal distance would be pretty cool, or adding a new ranged attack for close range like "Straight shot" just a heavy hard hitting shot thats meant for close range. BUT, that will never happen, and if double shot had no draw back it would be stupid op.

Also, on the F2P server lvl 11 runes are not that rare. Especially with how large the population is

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ryan9690" (Apr 22nd 2014, 2:29pm)

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 4:10pm

Actually mostly im talkin about MS in pvp becose its the most fun...scout lacks survi and a bit of dmg...and pls if a war jumps to me im dad in 3 sec no way to survive today i got a 302 k dmg blow from wardens pet with 7 runes and im 6 runes now show me a scout who will did that much dmg

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 6:01pm

All of those screenshots are as melee, And I kill warriors regularly.

The only ones that are ranged is teps and ecipse SS

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 7:22pm

Tirofijo

Trainee

Well Ryan9690 no idea how you do that, i would if i see a chance to do how. I have to admit i have a slow old pc, and i see a lot of succes in WH or Arena if there are some good palas, warriors, who get the attention on them, then my dmg and even kills are much better. So if you can pvp with a grp maybe with teamspeak so you can coordinate helps. Some good players know what it means, if they get good scout support in pvp, that way i see scouts in pvp more a supporting class since a while. If i get focused i am done, several ccs, and i am blind for 5+ seconds or as fast they killed me. How you can escape that idk. My targets are mostly the stongest enemies, i am not searching a lot of kills, but what i think is my best support for my team to win.
Tirofijo, Scout
Incarnations:
Ingenieur, Engineer
Stanislawic
, Paladin (Full Tank)
Evocatus, Summoner
Dvalinn, Warrior
Psiofour, Psionic

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 7:28pm

I always make a point to go for the strongest people. I do not usually have a support team I usually run solo point to point killing people.

On occasion I get friends who make it in and come to TS but its not very often.

I dont know how or why scouts have issues in PVP but they seem to have it. It all seems pretty basic to me on how I play.

Ranged scout the numbers are much more funny though thats for sure. But I prefer Melee by far.

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 7:52pm

It is so easy to avoid dieing as a ranged scout in mass pvp, mainly because people are lazy to run to the backside of the fight. There are some who do it ofcourse, but 70%+ of them would rather dps the bard/psi/fh near to them than endure a painfull walk to the backline where a scout should be.

Positioning is key, if you don't know where to stand in teamfights you'll be dropped in a second. Ofcourse you'll get dropped in a second by an organized group of at least 2 damage-dealers who will focus the same target if they spotted you and you don't react to it, but that's just what scouts were and are, glass cannons, not "tanky" bards or warriors or w/e.

If you find yourself dieing as a ranged scout in pvp too often, it's simple, your positioning sucks. Back in 2010 when I was learning more about scouts somebody ( forgot who ) told me that in PvP, you kite or you die, and it stuck with me =), think of it rather than demanding OP reworks on scout.

Haven't played melee for a while, so I won't commenton that part, altough I do accept the fact that it's a more than viable build patch in pvp too.
For glory.

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 12:04am

The mentality for scout.

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 12:39am

It is so easy to avoid dieing as a ranged scout in mass pvp, mainly because people are lazy to run to the backside of the fight. There are some who do it ofcourse, but 70%+ of them would rather dps the bard/psi/fh near to them than endure a painfull walk to the backline where a scout should be.

Positioning is key, if you don't know where to stand in teamfights you'll be dropped in a second. Ofcourse you'll get dropped in a second by an organized group of at least 2 damage-dealers who will focus the same target if they spotted you and you don't react to it, but that's just what scouts were and are, glass cannons, not "tanky" bards or warriors or w/e.

If you find yourself dieing as a ranged scout in pvp too often, it's simple, your positioning sucks. Back in 2010 when I was learning more about scouts somebody ( forgot who ) told me that in PvP, you kite or you die, and it stuck with me =), think of it rather than demanding OP reworks on scout.

Haven't played melee for a while, so I won't commenton that part, altough I do accept the fact that it's a more than viable build patch in pvp too.

i dont think we are from the same server. parties chasing others almost out of the map, unlucky for them if it's penance they all die

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 11:43am

Blood but avoid isnt showing is the scout good or bad...yes i know that there is no 1v1 here but im talking about that.
If i remember youre on p2p server so go to arena and fight every class 1v1 with equal gear and tell me how much you will win

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Azheal" (Apr 23rd 2014, 12:34pm)

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 1:36pm

scout needs space like you know so prehaps isntead of dueling in arena take them to Melting Isle :p

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 3:12pm

The league side arena is terrible for scouts to duel. Gipat not much better, but alittle. Empire arena is just sexy for scouts.

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 3:37pm

I think you are just playing it wrong >.>

This screenshot is f***** hilarious.

I guess it would be very fitting for the leechers thread.

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 3:46pm

t
The league side arena is terrible for scouts to duel. Gipat not much better, but alittle. Empire arena is just sexy for scouts.

i thought they were about the same size now

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 7:40pm

Tirofijo

Trainee

Well i saw ryan 9690 in witchhunt, i saw his 11,11,12 runes, i saw he is minc and i saw him fighting behind 2 or 3; 28k, 29k gearscore warriors...
SO let me say you probably get less interrupted and you picking easy targets to make manny kills. All clever and effective, well i am probably a crazy scout, trying to handle the more dangerous enemies, getting myselfe always to manny attention. Even sometimes jumping right into a group of enemies. Lately i even dieing more often then i make kills.
Probably i am a quite bad scout, but sometimes i have my highlights. So mostly its good to have me on your side :P
Tirofijo, Scout
Incarnations:
Ingenieur, Engineer
Stanislawic
, Paladin (Full Tank)
Evocatus, Summoner
Dvalinn, Warrior
Psiofour, Psionic