You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 5:24am

My Psionicist build, for Heart of the World, 5.0

Oke after some testing, playing etc, i decided to make this my perma PvE build:

http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc#!6!313...1…TN!mhrh/YNJCVUD

I dont have concentration rubies, but i do have Oracle racial (+3 conc stacks).
Had to sacrifice something to gain +20% dmg rubies for WS, so therefor this was my choice.

Edit (another viable alternative):
http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc#!6!113..31…qfbnodd/UYHDVUD

Cant seem to make up my mind just yet ;\

Any questions? Feel free to ask.
Comments? Shoot.

Former Alias: Stoeipoesje, ISA server.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zhankou" (Mar 28th 2014, 8:46am)

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 6:51am

well

I don't really like shock build. And you are astral build but took wob and the damage rubies but not the cast time rubies. So basically you wont be using it much cause even with mana reduction rubies is a mana killer

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 6:57am

I don't really like shock build. And you are astral build but took wob and the damage rubies but not the cast time rubies. So basically you wont be using it much cause even with mana reduction rubies is a mana killer
I have always been Pyro build, but the fact you have to stand still constantly to make things happen is a no go for me this time.
I do not need to cast WoB more then once anyway in my rotation (levelling), its pre-cast and then after pull/pulse its WoB, and pewpew the astral stacks. Anything that isnt dead after the above, is either another WoB, or continue to single target DPS.

Its a mana killer, that i agree, but 2 WoB's + Loop = full mana again, and with Epic crafted weapon "Paired" the mana pool is better. Around 20K.

EDIT:
Mind you, the decrease rubies for cast/mana cost does NOT increase its damage. Therefor it was another choice to not take it.
Its what i would like to call, a luxury rubie. Same with the group teleport.

Moreover, my main focus is single target dps, not AoE.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Zhankou" (Mar 27th 2014, 7:11am)

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 10:53am

I have always been Pyro build, but the fact you have to stand still constantly to make things happen is a no go for me this time.
Actually, for a choke build you have to stand in place even longer for the 8s channel.

I've spent like... few hours bashing on the level 60 (boss) dummy yesterday with different builds and here's what I noticed.

This is with mostly crafted level 58 epics:

Difference between pyro and Choke/Venom build is around 7k (Pyro build never falls below 45k dps, choke/venom never falls below 38k when standing still - mind you, this is without taking 9% Astral Damage rubies in the Pyro build). Difference would likely be smaller in a real bossfight if you account for spamming Erase Memory under Temporal Acceleration under 30% target HP. And even more so if you stack Brutality. If you don't get to cast choke with venom build and just use Venom/Destab, it's around 34-35k consistent.

Other differences I noticed:

-for choke/venom didn't notice any difference at all switching between r2 and r3 venom, not even 1k. Likely it's less than that.
-"shocking strike" is really very bad investment for 3 rubies. Venom is around 30% of your damage so 0.12*0.3 = 3.6% increase while 'Moral Trauma" is always 6% minimum. Usually 8%. This is consistent with what I saw testing with and without shocking strike.
-pyro build capitalizes a lot more on taking "moral trauma" than venom/choke, because moral trauma is pretty much guaranteed to fall off for few seconds while you channel choke (moral trauma still trumps shocking strike everytime accounting for that in choke/venom build).
-choke/venom build is really screwed if you are unlucky on concentration gain (dps falls down a lot) while pyro is far less affected.

Also I wouldn't do a PvE build without Telepathic Gift or Exodus.

You'd increase single target dps by removing astral curse and shocking strike and going trough solid grasp to moral trauma.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Mar 27th 2014, 11:02am)

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 11:52am

How realistic is standing still nowadays in new Astral? I hear it was alot about moving so then Venom is superior to Pyro.

Thanks for your report though Dala, sounds interesting, some nice tests.
I took astral curse for the extra aoe dps (even if its slight).

The synergy of Pyro + Choke is much better then Venom/Choke, yet, its still a great dps skill to have.
Exodus / Telepatic gift, well, i have just the GT rubies, still lack Greatness + PvP ruby, once those are attained i will grab those rubies.

Moral Trauma, well, pre-patch i didnt like it so much. Its extra DPS was like 3-4% total% in most fights. (refreshing it every 6 sec )

EDIT:
Your running something along these lines Dala?
http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc#!6!113..3.…ITN!edd/UYHDVUD

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Zhankou" (Mar 27th 2014, 12:06pm)

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 11:59am

How realistic is standing still nowadays in new Astral? I hear it was alot about moving so then Venom is superior to Pyro.

Pyro is only significantly worse only if you have to move long enough for Pyrophrenia stacks to fall off (20s). This long movement is a rare case and always have been. You can still drag psychic shock r1 to your bar and cast it on movement, it stacks concentration.

Not sure if I made the impression I wanted to: difference between those builds is small, unless you're wiping on 1-5% on some bosses you should not be concerned.

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 12:12pm

Pyro is only significantly worse only if you have to move long enough for Pyrophrenia stacks to fall off (20s). This long movement is a rare case and always have been. You can still drag psychic shock r1 to your bar and cast it on movement, it stacks concentration.

Not sure if I made the impression I wanted to: difference between those builds is small, unless you're wiping on 1-5% on some bosses you should not be concerned.
EDIT:

EDIT2:
And ye, what u said earlier, I believe TA + Erase memory with high Brutality will be a very interesting combo, though i have left out TA right now.

Choke / venom / desta vs venom/desta, u didnt notice any difference? Could u care to explain further?

EDIT3:
I also thought, in case of Pyro (when moving), u could take r3/3 of the dragon tear skill, since its instant cast and good dmg.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zhankou" (Mar 27th 2014, 12:23pm)

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 12:32pm

EDIT:

For pyro, something like this:

http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc#!6!113..31…gecnodd/UYHDVUD

For choke/venom, something like this:

http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc#!6!223...1…enyfsdd/UYHDVUD

Those are what I did the tests with.

The thing about spamming erase memory, I clearly meant only in the case of choke/venom because in the pyro build I don't have the crit rubies for it. That's why it contributes to making the difference between builds even smaller.

Choke / venom / desta vs venom/desta, u didnt notice any difference? Could u care to explain further?

Venom/Desta is pretty much always inferior to that + choke. You don't build specifically for Venom/Desta. It's just last resort when you have to move so much you don't get to cast choke.

EDIT3:
I also thought, in case of Pyro (when moving), u could take r3/3 of the dragon tear skill, since its instant cast and good dmg.

Differences between r2/r3 aren't that big for most skills since the 3.0.4 revamp, but differences between r1 and r2 are significant. I personally think r2 Thoughtful spirit is must have, r3 is overkill.

Edit: Making a choke/pyro build would be rather hard (short on rubies), but if they turn the servers on before my droplet is gone, I'll try testing it too.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Dala" (Mar 27th 2014, 1:08pm)

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 1:30pm

I had this pre-patch Dala; (more or less)
http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc#!6!113..31…OITN!mf/MYHDVUD

For Choke/Pyro

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 2:15pm

Okay, tested choke/pyro and with the amount of rubies I have at the moment I cannot make it better than just pure pyro. No way I can get it done without sacrificing Moral Trauma and without, it's actually 2-3k dps worse while adding complexity to the rotation. This is what I used:

http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc#!6!113..31…TN!ocbp/UYHDVUD

Another thing I tried, is making a hybrid that would not suffer from movement that much and at the same time do very good while standing still. Since rubies like astral curse or Tranqulity are rather bad, I cut on those and made this:

http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc#!6!213..31…okbnodd/UYHDVUD

It loses nothing for single target that I had before and should do way better while moving.

Friday, March 28th 2014, 7:20am

I have to do some tests to no doubt.
By the way, i still think in terms of long fights, with the new brutality mechanic, that erase memory spam can be really sweet.
Something along the lines of:
http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc#!6!313...1…okbnodd/YNJCVUD
To bad we cant test it on dummy.

Or maybe just go back to the old roots, as it was, like this:

http://goo.gl/Rgq0Q8

Just Pyro and Desta, seems to have the best synergy no matter how you look at it.

EDIT2:
Im still convinced, when moving, to spam 1-5 pink balls meanwhile. Recovers at ok rate.
Venom maybe stronger, but costs some rubies and stuff again.

Its interesting how many times a build can change, even if you think its final *cough*

EDIT3:
Rotation, what do you use Dala?
In previous patch, i tried to rotate pyro, pyro, desta (6 sec duration of dot) and repeat, pyro, pyro, desta.
Also because if u use pyro, desta, pyro, desta , u have to wait a mili second before u can trigger desta.
What did you do? Its again something worth testing.

EDIT4:
Another topic worthy of discussing, To get 3 stacks of concentration before launching TA or not. Or just go with what u have.

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "Zhankou" (Mar 28th 2014, 8:33am)

Friday, March 28th 2014, 10:38am

EDIT3:
Rotation, what do you use Dala?
In previous patch, i tried to rotate pyro, pyro, desta (6 sec duration of dot) and repeat, pyro, pyro, desta.
Also because if u use pyro, desta, pyro, desta , u have to wait a mili second before u can trigger desta.
What did you do? Its again something worth testing.

2 pyro 1 destab, when I get temporal acceleration ready, I just use that and spam pyro all the way until it ends.

EDIT4:
Another topic worthy of discussing, To get 3 stacks of concentration before launching TA or not. Or just go with what u have.

Never really thought about it or did it, but looking at the tooltip and considering DoT it still actually pays off to cast a Destabilization over a 50% faster pyro with a guaranteed double hit. Definitely pays off to get 3 stack of concentration before and actually cast destabilization while temporal acceleration is active.

Edit: if you have at least rank 2 Concentration with rubies, it will be ready every time Temporal Acceleration is ready, so you can guarantee to have 3 stacks every time.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Mar 28th 2014, 1:09pm)

Friday, March 28th 2014, 10:45am

Going to test out this tonight;
http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc#!6!113..31…qfbnodd/UYHDVUD

Not sure if i need concentration rubies, and a rank 3 concentration.

Have to fight for 5-10 mins against dummie, with a pyro/pyro/desta rotation, to see how concentration stacks refresh.
Racial also adds 3 stacks so. Could play around a bit with it to tweak.

Friday, April 25th 2014, 7:24am

Hey guys.. Im starting again AO.. I played long time ago. Could i ask for some early good PvE build with talents and rubies if u dont matter?

Thx in advance

PD: btw im gibb seer

Friday, April 25th 2014, 8:52am

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

I would sugest something like this:
http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc#!6!333...11…!eldomc/AZHDVUD

If you don't have this much rubies, you can skip Enthusiasm (3rd tree), bcz it increase vitality now which you can get from items too, and Mental fortress (2nd tree) which gives only willpower increase, and it's a stat not that much needed for pve.

Friday, April 25th 2014, 9:21am

Ofc i dont hv that much rubies xD im lvl 9 atm :P and... sadly already hv 1 talent on pyro u.U i'll hv to deal with it

Thx 4 the fast reply

Friday, April 25th 2014, 11:11am

If you don't have this much rubies, you can skip Enthusiasm (3rd tree), bcz it increase vitality now which you can get from items too, and Mental fortress (2nd tree) which gives only willpower increase, and it's a stat not that much needed for pve.

Enthusiasm increases Brutality which is pretty significant, I would not skip that. Mind Bender increases Vitality so you can take it on r1 just to get to Enthusiasm from the bottom. Also shocking strike is a very weak ruby. Better take Aura of Astral Power instead, it's one of the best damage for points spent early in the game, I'd go first 4 rubies 1 unending knowledge then 3 aura.

For real "speed levelling" (especially if you happen to be on p2p with slow or no mount) you definitely want Exodus, it saves tons of time when used correctly throughout whole levelling process.

Ofc i dont hv that much rubies xD im lvl 9 atm :P and... sadly already hv 1 talent on pyro u.U i'll hv to deal with it

Thx 4 the fast reply

You can reset your talents and rubies for free until level 15.

Friday, April 25th 2014, 12:06pm

Yep already saw that thx ^^

Btw im new here, so i wasnt on p2p.. So i'll keep in mind to get exodus xD

Friday, April 25th 2014, 3:57pm

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

Enthusiasm increases Brutality which is pretty significant, I would not skip that. Mind Bender increases Vitality so you can take it on r1 just to get to Enthusiasm from the bottom. Also shocking strike is a very weak ruby. Better take Aura of Astral Power instead, it's one of the best damage for points spent early in the game, I'd go first 4 rubies 1 unending knowledge then 3 aura.

True, I've mixed those two :P