You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 28th 2014, 10:48pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Or we can start a revolt, you can lead us in a hate mail parade until they reduce the cost.

Private servers maybe ? >.>

Monday, April 28th 2014, 10:48pm

"When it comes to gold its all good. people just have to get used to it." No we dont .

Were all free to to quit / whine / complain or whatever we want to do but we DONT have to get use to it!

as for goblin ball if i wanted to play that mini game id have joined goblin ball not joined allods to play allods to play GB.

and as most of my friends have exercised there rights and left the game and im looking at new games myself.

Has any of u thought this might be planned plain and simple ???

There launching a new game that is taking the place of allods on gpotato/webzen servers non of u think this might be planned to get people to go try it as we all get the free invite in are email?

im not implying there going to kill the server/(allods) its just practical to wring every dollar/euro out of the games they make.
and the more people that walk away from the money they invested in the game the more they make as those items/accounts go inactive

just my point of view.

Monday, April 28th 2014, 11:02pm

There launching a new game that is taking the place of allods on gpotato/webzen servers non of u think this might be planned to get people to go try it as we all get the free invite in are email?

I would consider this a valid option, if gpotato/webzen was involved with this game in any way.

However, I'm wondering, why my.com does not list allods on it's game page....

http://games.my.com/

BTT:

20€ to get something I already "worked" month for? I mean honestly, I did the old a3/lv47- quest and that shit...I don't want to go through pain equal to that again -.-

Monday, April 28th 2014, 11:03pm

Rangad i was talking about greatness. That took me months..... ofc
I

Monday, April 28th 2014, 11:05pm

Me, too....The old a3 quest rewarded symbols of greatness(amount based on the progress on the quest at the time of removal) when it was removed.

lv47 was locked back than.

edit: only 19,20€/111k gold... it's cheap :(

Monday, April 28th 2014, 11:57pm

111k gold... it's cheap ----LOL---

the last 3 charecters i ran through 55-60 combined didnt make that much. good thing they all have there greatness done and paid for but bad for the other 4-5 reinc's i have to still get it on :(

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 5:35am

Since the original bug that caused the economy to crash, and heavy work done to fix that, then you got the devs working to add more content plus a server merge and publisher release. I have to say the Allods team is doing just fine. They're adjusting the values of things. Currency exchange on top of inflation to help pay for development and maintenance for the game its only common sense that prices would rise. Greatness is supposed to mean more than just an extra build. More of a hard earned status. So naturally it will be more difficult to obtain.

Plus, like the other guy said, GT isn't a problem at all. The rubies are much easier to obtain if you got the right gear or folks to help. :P
by this logic may as well increase prices to 500usd per individual shard because since the price is higher that means they make more oney right? no. because no one is going to pay that. having the price at .01penny each would net them a much larger profit than 500usd and probably even more than if they price it at even 1 dollar.

i got a apprentice pop up on my screen today. I asked him if he was going to plan on staying with game long and he said yes. I said if you have any questions about the game I am free to answer. some time goes by and he asks me what runes are. I tell him everything i know about them i say that he should try to get rank 4s early sinc its really easy and cheap and that you really only need 7s-9s for end game. I casually throw out there that it costs around 30,000 usd for max rank runes. he logged off. this ignorant attempt at money grabbing by making prices so extreme that no one wants to touch it drives not only player base away but this action loses money not generates it. I for 1 think it is fucking stupid i spend several months of hard work to finish this quest only to find out I cant actually use it unless i spend 110k gold. who knows how much time that would take farming mobs selling grey/green items. and just for reference I had decided (on 55 patch) to level up a full new character just to do greatness so that i can save valuable map fragments for sector progression so can gear up faster on my main. now i wish I did not do that because the price has gone up what 900% or something? what a friken joke. in b4 shity ass temporary potions cost 10$ each. path of exile makes way more money than this game and they dont have a single cash shop item that effects game play power or quest progress.
eve online gives you everything in the game and before you say p2p you can play for free if you spend a little bit of in game currency once a month that takes about as much time to grind as a small stack of elixirs in this game. aion although i dont play it am fairly certain they do not have any p2w features but also probably makes more money.

if i had my own allods private server I would make everything super dick cheap so that even f2p players splurge on everything. maybe change runes from being p2w to some kind of quest related thing like greatness is now. but in general prices for everything would be like 95% less expensive and i bet would generate more of income.

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 8:13am

Fraust

Trainee

"When it comes to gold its all good. people just have to get used to it." No we dont .

Were all free to to quit / whine / complain or whatever we want to do but we DONT have to get use to it!

as for goblin ball if i wanted to play that mini game id have joined goblin ball not joined allods to play allods to play GB.

and as most of my friends have exercised there rights and left the game and im looking at new games myself.

im not implying there going to kill the server/(allods) its just practical to wring every dollar/euro out of the games they make.
and the more people that walk away from the money they invested in the game the more they make as those items/accounts go inactive

just my point of view.

Anyone has the right and ability to boycott any products or services.

Goblinball is simply an extra perk mini-game.

Your theory of some sort of planned conspiracy has no backing.

Allods did not belong to Gpotato nor was it developed there. They simply published and managed it in a specific region. That's all. Sort of like car dealerships. And since Allods has returned home to it's proprietors, its technically competing with any games in the same category made my gpotato. One company is not going to destroy it's cash cow to benefit another company.

The prices have increased because of many different reasons. Mainly due to inflation. Take another look at cars. Last years version is cheaper than this year's. Because they invested more time, design and work to bring a new model. Which costs them more money so in order to profit they have to charge the consumer more. The Allods team has done something similar. They're running different versions of the game all from the same publisher. That means overtime for employees. Man power gets cut down and man hours rise higher. Then you got the merge, with all the legal issues and transferring process it definitely did not happen free of charge. The new website and other content both in-game and out of are bills as well. So again, it's basic economics to increase the prices to keep things afloat until everything gets settled in, debts are paid. Only then will prices drop additionally. The devs are just like us. They have to bring home the bacon. Mouths to feed.

Remember that before you judge them on their actions or anyone else's for that matter. ^^

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 8:40am

just my point of view.

Allods did not belong to Gpotato nor was it developed there. They simply published and managed it in a specific region. That's all. Sort of like car dealerships. And since Allods has returned home to it's proprietors, its technically competing with any games in the same category made my gpotato. One company is not going to destroy it's cash cow to benefit another company.

The prices have increased because of many different reasons. Mainly due to inflation. Take another look at cars. Last years version is cheaper than this year's. Because they invested more time, design and work to bring a new model. Which costs them more money so in order to profit they have to charge the consumer more. The Allods team has done something similar. They're running different versions of the game all from the same publisher. That means overtime for employees. Man power gets cut down and man hours rise higher. Then you got the merge, with all the legal issues and transferring process it definitely did not happen free of charge. The new website and other content both in-game and out of are bills as well. So again, it's basic economics to increase the prices to keep things afloat until everything gets settled in, debts are paid. Only then will prices drop additionally. The devs are just like us. They have to bring home the bacon. Mouths to feed.

Remember that before you judge them on their actions or anyone else's for that matter. ^^
I think you are still confused. sure any "physical" product in the real world is going to have a manufacturing cost that is linked to that specific individual item. as far as digital products are concerned there is a zero(well technically there is a cost its the price of the electricity required to process the order but i mean common that is like 1 trillionth of a penny) cost at all. yes it is true they need money to provide more services and to pay for development costs. but just increasing prices does not scale linear to profits. it costs hundreds of millions of dollars to produce movies and millions to produce top shelf game titles yet they only charge mere dollars for them why not just charge millions? cause not even a billionaire who has all the money in the world would pay such an outrageous price for a movie hell if you even sold 100 copies of any block buster movie for 1million dollars that would not even come close to selling 100million copies for 7dollars. perhaps you are just a moron and cant get this extremely complicated concept into your head that increasing prices(joking it isn't complicated at all) but thinking you are going to make bank trying to sell the ability to use a quest reward you just spend several months grinding for 26 fucking dollars before you can even use it is seriously fucking delusional. for the cost to get greatness on 2 reincs you could have bought and gained access to a top tier game title with no extra costs.

but hey. every single f2p game that has "made it" into the big leagues and that are the most popular not a single one of them is a pay 2 win game they dont charge 500dollars for you to win a duel or 26 dollars to use a quest item they charge 3 dollars here and there to look slightly cooler and they are fucking rich have fun pinching pennies from a dwindling player base. I don't know if you realize this or not but having players that play the game for "free" actually helps the developers make money that might seem strange to you and I don't feel like explaining it more I doubt you could understand anyways.

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 8:45am

Reirei

Beginner

Fraust the GT ruby is no problem to get.
But it was the first ruby i could buy that showed me these insane prices.
And i dont know about you but i dont have ages to spend on this game, it takes months to get Greatness, or 20 euro wich is not a small price to pay.
Especialy not for those that like to have multiple characters.
Lol, this is a MMorpg. Its meant to be an investment of time. Tbh we are lucky to have alternate ways to ruby up or quest complete our reincs.The way i see it is either pay the time needed pay the $$$ needed or dont play an mmorpg if time or money is not to your liking. This is not a troll its simply saying your playing a mmorpg if u dont want to spend time or money and still want everything handed to you on a platter then maybe this game is not for you.
Bunnyz formerly Reirei formerly Dayoffx currently Accendancy scout

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 9:17am

This is not about the fact that is costs money, that is fine and noting to complain about. It is the price and the hidden increase with the last patch. A half titan is simpy to much to get a quest done you already invested to much time and gold into.

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 9:59am

And i dont know about you but i dont have ages to spend on this game, it takes months to get Greatness, or 20 euro wich is not a small price to pay.
Especialy not for those that like to have multiple characters.

If you want to have multiple decently geared characters in Allods, I suggest you should stop sleeping entirely, oh and cease all other activities outside the game while at that. You'll need every minute of the day.

Monday, May 5th 2014, 3:33am

That depends on what you plan to do with them ofc.
Some dont mind gearing up realy slow.
I

Monday, May 5th 2014, 4:15am

I got this suggestion and I'm happy with it, maybe it can be useful to others:
to play Allods Online, just pretende it is a rather expensive paid game, say 25 euros a month, 300 euros a year, with an unlimited free trial. You see the others paying players, and if you wanted you could join them, just spend 25 euros a month (in crystals, instead that in subscription time, but it's the same thing). If you don't just enjoy the limited features of the free trial that never ends ^^
Peldrigal - Pirati Astrali - Empire

Monday, May 5th 2014, 5:00am

Fraust

Trainee

I got this suggestion and I'm happy with it, maybe it can be useful to others:
to play Allods Online, just pretende it is a rather expensive paid game, say 25 euros a month, 300 euros a year, with an unlimited free trial. You see the others paying players, and if you wanted you could join them, just spend 25 euros a month (in crystals, instead that in subscription time, but it's the same thing). If you don't just enjoy the limited features of the free trial that never ends ^^

This is not Allods. When will you stop complaining? There is NOTHING in the item shop that would make it a pay to win game EXCEPT three items. Runes, Pat5, and possibly the new specks of light. The rest is all perks. Yes, they have changed the way things work. Adjusted the value of things to match and shape the current state of the economy. It's common sense. It isn't right to get all upset just because prices have risen from their original rates. Think about it, a server merge, a huge patch and new website. I hope you don't think that was free to them. It's untelling what they had to pay in just the fees let alone the actual work. Just keep in mind guys, go easy on them. If a little further down the road things are still bad, then be upset. But right now, its natural for things to occur this way. Just give it time. I'm sure things will balance out in the future and everyone will be alright again. :)

Sorry for Ranting. :p Lol.

Monday, May 5th 2014, 5:09am

Fraust

Trainee

just my point of view.

I think you are still confused. sure any "physical" product in the real world is going to have a manufacturing cost that is linked to that specific individual item. as far as digital products are concerned there is a zero(well technically there is a cost its the price of the electricity required to process the order but i mean common that is like 1 trillionth of a penny) cost at all. yes it is true they need money to provide more services and to pay for development costs. but just increasing prices does not scale linear to profits. it costs hundreds of millions of dollars to produce movies and millions to produce top shelf game titles yet they only charge mere dollars for them why not just charge millions? cause not even a billionaire who has all the money in the world would pay such an outrageous price for a movie hell if you even sold 100 copies of any block buster movie for 1million dollars that would not even come close to selling 100million copies for 7dollars. perhaps you are just a moron and cant get this extremely complicated concept into your head that increasing prices(joking it isn't complicated at all) but thinking you are going to make bank trying to sell the ability to use a quest reward you just spend several months grinding for 26 fucking dollars before you can even use it is seriously fucking delusional. for the cost to get greatness on 2 reincs you could have bought and gained access to a top tier game title with no extra costs.

but hey. every single f2p game that has "made it" into the big leagues and that are the most popular not a single one of them is a pay 2 win game they dont charge 500dollars for you to win a duel or 26 dollars to use a quest item they charge 3 dollars here and there to look slightly cooler and they are fucking rich have fun pinching pennies from a dwindling player base. I don't know if you realize this or not but having players that play the game for "free" actually helps the developers make money that might seem strange to you and I don't feel like explaining it more I doubt you could understand anyways.

You think it's free to develop, market and globally publish a MMORPG? You are greatly mistaken. Licensing and royalties alone would drain a regular man's wallet. And no, I'm not saying it's right for any company to price gouge on anything. I'm just saying it's basic economics. In fact, after reading over your post, it seems you spent more time flaming at me rather than the issue at hand. Allow me to inform you that I understand times are tough and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being frugal at times. But being inconsiderate and complaining because something is out of your reach isn't exactly a reason to be upset at another player now, is it? Point proven. As I said before, I understand your frustration. But it's not as bad as some act like it is.

Also, Mystery Seals, as far as I can remember, always required you to be the level to accept the world mystery quest. All they've done is change the seals over to match the rest of the item shop perks they give in this game. Fragments. Combine and viola! I don't like it. But, you don't see me cursing at you, do you?

Either way, I agree the prices are somewhat out of hand. All I said was to consider other things before you go all irate over something as simple as basic economics. :\

Monday, May 5th 2014, 5:12am

Fraust

Trainee

Another note.

Any f2p game is hard if you don't use the easy method. Remember, Time is money. Time is valued less than money.

You want to spend less money, you got to spend more time.

You want to spend less time, you got to spend more money.

Simple. :P

Monday, May 5th 2014, 4:41pm

Faust, congratulations, you utterly demolished the straw man. Now calm down and have a cookie.

Tuesday, May 6th 2014, 7:05am

Fraust

Trainee

Faust, congratulations, you utterly demolished the straw man. Now calm down and have a cookie.

Lol, well thank you. :p

No worries, I never get upset over things like this.

You got cookies!? That's not fair!

Tuesday, May 6th 2014, 10:14pm

That's because I went to the Dark Side >.>