You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 1st 2014, 9:21pm

Are costumes really THAT much dependent of patches, even when the patch
is behind the dot? And still, we are 5.0 now.

You can't get something that's not in the game files yet, it's completely technically impossible. Only thing they could do in order for you to get it is rush 5.1 without translation or force-activate the may event on an improper time.

Thursday, May 1st 2014, 11:37pm

Where does Yasker/Aidenus actually make his speech? Next to the banner, or wherever they normally are?

I think near banner :)

Well I've been hanging around there for a few hours, and unless it's on a weird time like the half hour, I haven't seen him make his speech.

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 1:14am

Hello,

Discussion about costumes was moved in this topic, which is the May event's topic ;).
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 5:33am

Xaraman

Trainee

Hi Diktator,

I believe that is Server Time, which (i also believe) is Amsterdam. So CEST (i think... the time zone stuff always did confuse me.)

This may be a reason to co-ordinate all game activities in UTC.

No recoding would be required, you'd just have to work it out yourself when making posts as the client always shows event times as local time to the player.

UTC is basically GMT without daylight savings time. It remains constant which is why it is used by military, aviation and maritime organisations for global synchronisation. So, at the moment, London is UTC+1. Amsterdam is UTC+2 and New York is UTC-4. Once daylight savings time ends. London=UTC, Amsterdam=UTC+1 and NY will be UTC-5.

I know it may seem unusual to have to convert all the time. But it does make sense when advertising event times for a global audience (ie. Allods EU/NA). The only thing you should probably do is place a widget on these forums and the website that shows current UTC so all event listings can be referenced from that.

It may seem convoluted, but is has worked for a long time around the world. And you know the saying: "If it aint broke, don't fix it" ;).

Cheers!

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 7:16am

So how to stk fast 1200 rewards i want a perm banner but dont have plat coins and what boxes drop what ?

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 8:48am

Diktator

Trainee

So how to stk fast 1200 rewards i want a perm banner but dont have plat coins and what boxes drop what ?

If you want to get rewards fast use kebab.tiny ,small and medium boxes are useless,large should drop costumes,platinum coins (maybe something more but that's what I got).

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 1:17pm

When does yasker hold his speech? Like at what hour, I get that he holds them every four hours but nobody seems to know when, why doesn't it say when in the calendar or at the very least make the committee mention when...

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 1:48pm

Diktator

Trainee

When does yasker hold his speech? Like at what hour, I get that he holds them every four hours but nobody seems to know when, why doesn't it say when in the calendar or at the very least make the committee mention when...

it says every 4 hourst starting at noon...now you have to guess time zone! :D

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 1:59pm

I have 1050 heroic deeds tomorrow i accept this fuc*ing quest and all deeds is gone ! Fuc*ing event !

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 2:05pm

I have 1050 heroic deeds tomorrow i accept this fuc*ing quest and all deeds is gone ! Fuc*ing event !
Same happened to me, although I had "only" around 450 deeds... If that's what happens every time you pick up banner, then I think there should be warning somewhere >.>

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 3:50pm

Hello,

Discussion about costumes was moved in this topic, which is the May event's topic ;).
Thanks Oracle and Dala for replying and explaining... not even sure if you're staff or regular members...

The explanation about patch difference with new costumes is logic, i understand it. But we are now in the patch that does have this years 5.0 valentines costume (you can see it in wardrobe fixed and translated for English server) Then there's the two valentines underwear sets from previous years, which Gpotato didn't even bother to upload this year for newer players. (Often getting whispers of new players that ask where i got the sets)

So this year's valentines was: Not only not getting the new stuff because of the patch reasons, but also not even anything of the kind of things we got from other years like the event with the love arrows and gifts and the valentines underwear sets Pink and white hearts, making this year's Valentines the worst valentines event so far.
I can't help but feel like this "Sorry, if it was a few week later, we COULD have activated the costumes in boutique, but now because valentines comes just once a year, and you have to wait a whole year, sorry!" a little difficult to be ok with. Makes me feel like the Allods staff feels like strict tradition is waaay more important than a little act of friendly customer service for our costume loving (and buying) players.

So i'll simply ask to the Allods Staff: Could you pleaaase upload the new Valentines costumes to boutique now that we are in patch 5.0? Even if it's only for just a day or 2. Please? please please with syrup covered whipped cream and a cherry on top please?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Minoli Dragonberry" (May 2nd 2014, 4:11pm)

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 4:46pm

@ Minoli Dragonberry

(with regards to things like the Valentines event) I don't have a clue what did or did not happen before the merge, so sorry if that did not happen.
WIth regards to the future patches, sometimes its not easy getting things ready, yes, we know that the versions get installed on the Russian server then we get it sometime later.. during that time we have to translated it (into English, French, Germany and Turkish), as well as fix all the bugs that appeared with the patch going live on .RU (no matter how much testing can be done internally, there will always be fresh bugs appearing once it goes live..). While we are trying to keep these delays as short as possible, we also want to make sure things are done properly, so you don't have the problems with the bugs, and that we don't have the same problems with the Localisations that we had after the merge.

Once all the new payment methods have been finalised and are online (and not buggy!) I will ask if we can have a catch up weekend or something for the sales etc which could include these older items, BUT I can't promise it will happen, but I will try my best.

-W
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wraith02" (May 2nd 2014, 4:58pm)

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 5:54pm

Saturday, May 3rd 2014, 12:40pm

Thank you, we really appreciate all your efforts :)

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 2:51pm

I remember when i first started playing, you could get mounts in every event for 5 platinum coins and that was pretty cool. Nowadays i have a way better mount tho, you have to change it to progress, is the most natural thing to do to go forward: get a better mount. With that said, is a big downer to new players to find out that they have to put real money to get a mount or farm a lot (and it's getting worst). Used to be easy telling people "... or you can get 5 platinum coins to get a mount in every event", and yeah, they have to farm to get a platinum too, but not that much and as i said in the beggining, eventually they gonna have to change their mounts. So, you'll have a potencial costumer, he will play free for some time but eventually he will realize what needs to be done (puting money, farm... quit in the last instance) but you should trust in this game as you trusted enough to buy it and keeping it up till today. To sum it up, put the mounts on the events again, please. Every new player ask the same "how can i get a mount?". Think about it for the next events ahead, try that, i know is for the betterment of the game. Cheers.

Friday, May 9th 2014, 7:55pm

Fraust

Trainee

Just wanted to say I'm glad we are having some regular events flowing in now. Was worried we wouldn't have anymore. Thanks for the community and activities Allods!