You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 4:19pm

[PMB] Vigilon - Fire~Frost Build for PvE

Click on image and zoom in for better view please ^^

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vigilon" (May 8th 2014, 7:20am)

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 3:37am

Hello Vigilon

New mail.ru rules specified that in order to fully participate in this PMB contest, you'll need to add the text of your image in a new message after your entry :) (after my message for exemple).
It has been confirmed by DE, FR, EN and TR Community Managers when we (mods) asked them after a few players started posting external links or images like yours.

Good luck!
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 6:50am

Hello Vigilon

New mail.ru rules specified that in order to fully participate in this PMB contest, you'll need to add the text of your image in a new message after your entry :) (after my message for exemple).
It has been confirmed by DE, FR, EN and TR Community Managers when we (mods) asked them after a few players started posting external links or images like yours.

Good luck!

Hi and thanks for warning.It would be good to know this at the beggining as a rule since there have been many external entries (actually almost all winners had external entries :wacko: ) in previous PMB events so i didn't see a problem doing this way.But new boss new rules i guess. Still i hope my entry will compete with original presentation ?( :?:
And text is below;

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 7:09am

Hi all,
I am Vigilon of Aces Guild,Arisen Sorcerer in Empire Faction.My mage reincarnation is just 2 months old and I am member of EU server for about 2 years.I have decided to play mage as my main character after trying few other classes because of its huge damage per second (DPS) skills, many control effects(CC) and most of all the way how I have fun in Player vs Player(PvP) combat.My role in astral party is CC and simply damaging.
As a newbie mage I like studying and trying builds and variations to find the one that will fit my playstyle and the search for best build never finds an end.Here I will introduce my Fire-Frost build for astral runs with simple descriptions and tips since u can read detailed descriptions in game.As many mages will say fire-frost build is better for PvP,and frost-lightning build fits better for PvE but after The Heart of World patch,astral runs require more mobility and lightning build doesn't let it happen.As I experienced in astral runs;in new astral,holding aggro is way harder for paladins.Mobs are eager to change aim all the time up to incoming DPS and/or their skills which is making it harder to use a lightning build because mobs interrupt lightning skills often and this makes you deal less DPS at the end.So this PvE build is an alternative of lightning build that you can have almost -even better- damage because of no interruptions.We haven't got any gameplay changes in new patch,only stat rubies adapted to new system so I will continue with build.

Build

This build has all fire element damage skills at r3 for highest DPS and Icy Comet/Meteor are also r3 for better damage boost.Since there is no need for much CC and self protection skills like Fire Wall and shields in astral,it helps me to have damage skills on r3.There is not Frostbolt in this build because it has Firebolt as spam skill with ruby support.It contains all area of effect(AoE) available for fire-frost build at maximum damage,supported with all rubies.This is a mana-eater build if you use AoE spells in unnecessary situations.It has almost all stat rubies-even some required for PvP only but for secondary effects of these rubies I had to pick them.I prefer Proficiency and Brutality highest in astral.

Talents
  • Firebolt is main spam spell when out of force points,it is an important skill between force circles when there are 1-2 mobs that I don't want to waste mana with my AoE spells.So its r3 for best damage and it's also powered with many rubies.
  • Fireshock is a good damage single target spell and its best way to spend fire force points on vs single targets.
  • Meteor is one of AoE spells in build. It doesnt require force point but long cast time makes it unuseful.Still its handy when there are no force points available and it is r3 to be able to have Flaming Meteor at r3.
  • Flaming Meteor is one of main DPS spells.It deals good AoE damage and it has faster cast time than Meteor.
  • Icy Comet deals great damage on single targets.
  • Icy Meteor is another primary AoE spell of build.Its faster cast time makes it more useful than flaming meteor.
  • Icy Grave is a spell that helps disabling a mob in a party as long as u want to keep it disabled.It helps tank get less damage and think about one less mob.It is r2 which is enough for PvE
  • Seal of Health increases health points,energy/mana of party members by 30%.In this build i have Seal instead of Aura of Astral Power.It's more common to have both skills in PvE but i see it as a ruby or talent point waste since there is always another member with AoP in party.
  • Elemental Surge is a long cast time spell but deals really good AoE damage.It also knocks down all targets for 2 seconds if the cast time exceeds 4 seconds.If you have racial skills,using it with Arcane Mastery(Elven racial skill) and with trinket boost its best damage mage has i think.Since its good damage and we spend dragon tears for it;why not r3? Of course you may have it r2 if u dont have enough talent points or if u have another spell at r3 in mind.
  • Flash is not necessary for PvE but i find it useful when i have to run away from mobs and boss AoE spells.It can be a life saver sometimes.For shorter CD i have it r2.
  • Stone Barrier/Elemental Shield are both r2 since I don't need them at maximum rank in pve and we cant survive without them in emergency situations when tanks lose aggro or when we get hit by AoE spells
  • Reflections is another defensive skill that prevents us getting damage.It is useful when mobs insist attacking on me and gives me protection till tank gets aggro back.r3 makes it have 1m cd and 5 stacks of it and i don't use rubies for it because 5 stacks mostly enough and would be waste of rubies for PvE.
  • Dispel is one of PvP skills and its up to you to use in PvE.It removes one positive effect(for example self healing over time,temporary damage boost) on enemy.I have it r1 which is enough for PvE and its handy in some situations.If you don't have a Fountain of Death you can't have suitable builds both for PvP,PvE,raids,mass PvP etc at the same time.So even this build is for astral it has to suit some other raid calls.I dont have a FoD so i prefer having it r1.
  • Magic Tactics lets us casting spells without any interruption.When it's active u can cast spells while moving and getting damage.Duration of effect is up to quality of dragon tears.This one is also not much necessary skill for PvE but sometimes it saves the day in some situations.
  • Iceflow and Shocking Grasp are r1 and actually they have no use in this build.

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 7:11am

Rubies

Stat Rubies

Offensive stat rubies are important for PvE;they increase DPS.In this build i have all offensive stat rubies including some defensive ones because of their additional effects.

• Master of Intuition: + Proficiency
  • Adherent's Determination:+ Brutality
  • Sage's Intelligence:+ Vigor
  • Propitious Magic:+ crit chance
  • Stoic Soul:+ Vitality
  • Blazing Speed:+ Anger
Stoic Soul and Blazing Speed are in this build for their extra mobility and preventing interruption of casting fire spells.Mobility and not getting interruption is main idea of this build so they are in.

Fire Grid

• Calefaction: +12% fire damage to all fire spells.
  • Eruption: Decreases cast time and mana cost of Fire Bolt,Meteor and Flaming Meteor spells by 18%.Meteor and Flaming Meteor are so much better with decreased cast time.
  • Fiery Gehenna: This ruby stacks every 5 seconds and up to 5 stacks in combat,it decreases mana and cast time of Firbolt by 50%.Firebolt is our main spam spell so it's important for this build.
  • Blazing Speed: Imagine new astral;mobs applying AoE spells on ground,allod debuff applying flames on ground.It is a common thing in astral now and it's total hell for we mages.Because our spells get interrupted!And a mage who does nothing and just run around is completely useless.If it was lightning build you would spam Shocking Grasp, you can still spam since its in build at r1.But thanks to these PvP rubies now we can instant cast Firebolt and Fire Shock every 4 seconds when we have to run around.
  • Stoic Soul: 3 fire element spells in this build;Firebolt,Meteor and Flaming Meteor,they are good DPS but its annoying to get interrupted while casting these spells,and with this ruby;problem is solved.
  • Playing with Fire: Dangerous ruby but not much.It increases damage of Meteor and Flaming Meteor by 15% but if you cant damage any mob with it,you will get damage instead.Use carefully! It worths damage increase of these 2 spells.
  • Burning Ice: There are 2 more of this ruby in frost grid.It helps us having at least 2 force points of each kind every force point circle.

Frost Grid

• Hailstorm: It casts one additional Icy Comet or Icy Meteor with any of same spell. Additional one will deal 30% of normal damage and will not inflict critical hit.It is basically 30% extra damage for these 2 spells without critical chance.
  • Snowstorm: This ruby is another AoE skill of build and its the only one which has interruption chance if we don't use it with any anti-interruption spell.Had to waste one ruby to reach it.It costs a lot mana and using this in a row few times will end up with an empty manabar.It is good to use on crowded mob parties.But don't cast it at start of fight;wait tank to aggro all mobs.If u dont do it you may aggro many mobs and it will make tanks job harder,you may even die.
  • Icy Avalanche: Decreases mana cost of Icy Comet,Icy Meteor and Snowstorm.Comet and Meteor are not mana eater already but it is good on Snowstorm and in addition it casts Snowstorm 30% faster.
  • Ice Tomb: It is handy to disable 2 mobs with Icy Grave at once.And it also increases all frost element spells damage by 3%.
  • Sleet: It decreases cooldown time of Icy Comet/Meteor by 50% which makes it important.In addition it reduces cast time of Icy Grave 30%,not a big deal since it's not PvP build but it's a bonus and it's welcome.
  • Frosty Advantage: Need this ruby for increasing non-critical damage of Icy Comet/Meteor and AoE spell Snowstorm.It also applies an effect that doesn't let Icy Grave get dispel as long as target have more than 90% health.Without this ruby Icy Grave would get dispelled easily by any damage dealt by party member and it happens a lot because of AoE spells.
  • Intense Cold: It's for increasing damage of our frost element spells by 12%.So need it for Icy Comet/Meteor and Snowstorm.
  • Burning Ice: Mentioned about this ruby in fire grid.

Lightning Grid

• Elemental Wrath: This talent gives us chance to have 5 force points when we have less than 2 force points of each element.So when we spend our element points fast after elemental cycle it's useful for damage boost.It could be so much useful if it would have some cooldown reducing options as how Psionicists have with concentration effect.But we got to use what we have and this skill is important both for PvP and PvE.

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 7:14am

Additional Skills

Reincarnation Skill
  • Holy Shield is the only reincarnation skill i use in astral.It will always help you with protection when you are in trouble.It absorbs certain amount of damage,dispels control effects on you and removes aggro on you if you pull mobs.
Racial/World Mystery Skills

Racial skills you will find useful with this build are;
  • Arcane Mastery(Elven Racial): This skill will increase Vigor for next spell in 30 seconds by 30%. It is useful with AoE spells. It will increase damage pretty much. I prefer using it for elemental Surge spell.
  • Focused Mind(Kanian Racial): Prevents spell casting interruption for 20 seconds.It is like Magic Tactics spell with just 1 difference;this skill doesn't prevent spell casting while moving.
  • Sanctuary(Tensess Temple WM): This skill teleports all party back to ship.It has 10 seconds cast time and can not be interrupted by damage.You have to decide well about using it or not;It may be late if you start casting it late because of its 10 second cast time;all party may die till you cast it.Another thing is avoid using it in unnecessary situation;if you think party can handle it without losing one more player no need to use.It's very good skill against losing death count in astral.

Gameplay

Mages don't have a certain skill rotation in PvP and in PvE because of elemental cycle.Up to element points we can do many things.Elemental Shield or Stone Barrier have to be on all the time and switch it up to type of incoming damage.Seal your party and you are ready to go.In PvE we start with disabling 2 mobs with Icy Grave if it is necessary(and don't forget to renew it in fight if party couldn't kill rest yet).When we are vs a mob party we can use Flaming/Icy Meteor skills if we have enough force points for any.If we don't have enough points,as AoE;Meteor,Surge and Snowstorm and as single target Fire Shock and Icy Comet spells are always in options.I prefer using Surge and Snowstorm on parties with 6 or more mobs because of not wasting dragon tears and mana.If you have Fiery Gehenna stacks you can spam Firebolt on any mob you want till element cycle refreshes.And when you get force points again same rotation goes on.And while doing all these if you are moving all the time you will also get Pyromania effect thanks to Blazing Speed rubies and you instantly cast 3 Firebolts or Fire Shock(if you have enough fire points) while you keep moving.
It's up to you reading game and deciding what you will use,we are an arsenal;we have many weapons in arm!

Epilogue

This build is an alternative of most common Lightning-Frost PvE builds.If you are bored of Lightning-Frost builds or bored of getting interrupted in astral you will like it.This is basically for astral runs but with little changes it's suitable for some other areas.If you haven't got greatness yet and you need an all-purpose build for both astral and grinding and even for PvP;just reduce rank of some attacking spells(preferably Meteor,Flaming Meteor,Fire Shock and Surge) and strenghten Elemental shield and get Stone Wall at r2 or r3.And rubies will also need some change for this purpose;instead of typing all these i will add build above.You can reduce Fire Shock and/or Icy Comet and Meteor to r2 if your talent points are not enough.And for rubies you can cancel Eruption in fire grid.
Hope this guide will be helpful for new players and for players who are looking for an alternative build.Thanks for reading :)

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 10:11am

Good information. Doesn't look as nice without the cool visuals :(

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 6:51pm

Hello,

Pimp will be judged with the image, but translation team needs the text ;).
No external links, everything needs to be posted directly on here.
Images are ok (as long as they are posted directly on here), but if you win, you will be asked to provide the text so it can be translated.

http://fr.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=2585
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 7:13pm

Hello,

Pimp will be judged with the image, but translation team needs the text ;).

Great! And thanks for early warning :thumbup:
Good information. Doesn't look as nice without the cool visuals :(
Yes aussie main idea is making it look simple and easy to follow,probably i would just delete my entry if jury wouldn't accept it as image :whistling: