You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 4:18pm

I'm not sure that a full reset would be the best route to go..

addressing the population issue on the sub server is something we will be doing, amongst other things.
The problem is coming up with a solution that is balanced and won't screw anything else up..

We have seen that just giving free sub is not the answer.. We are looking at any existing methods (something that can be done quickly) or if we can add some new methods (that will have to be coded / bugfixed / translated, so will take some time) to try and boost the activity.
But I will also suggest a fresh sub server incase it has not already been considered.

-Wraith
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wraith02" (May 7th 2014, 4:29pm)

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 4:25pm

Viuhti

Trainee

• "Viuhti" started this thread

Can't ask for anything more than that ^^, yea I do agree it aint the best way, but as it seems things aren't looking so good and I personally fear that sub server will get closed or something so its great that all solutions are being considered before doing something like that :D

Viuhti Lvl 65 Full Healer (p2p) - Guild Leader of NwA, Master afker (Downfall lies!)
Nyyti Lvl 60 Kanian Ranger (f2p)

NwA webpage: http://nezebwa.shivtr.com

-Only way to learn the game is by getting your ass kicked

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 4:29pm

Merge us with russian p2p, I always wanted to shoot some arrows at dem bear huggers.
For glory.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 4:49pm

maryoosh

Beginner

Merge us with russian p2p, I always wanted to shoot some arrows at dem bear huggers.

That's pretty good idea imo. The best option is advertising this game but well... it is too late. Maybe let's make a poll about merge wth ru p2p?

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 5:01pm

That's pretty good idea imo. The best option is advertising this game but well... it is too late. Maybe let's make a poll about merge wth ru p2p?
Thanks, mom said I'm a smart boy too.
For glory.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 5:45pm

If yall devs gonna take our progress we made with so much effort, because of the low pop, i can ensure u the majority of this pop ( we still have ) is gonna leave Allods in general. U cant take there progess away, and force them to start over, what u gonna do with the new server ? Advertise..

Make a re- opening, include a lot of advertising on as many game websites u can think of, a voila, same result, besides taking away the days/months some ppl including me spend on p2p already.

gz Nosferatu

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 6:26pm

If yall devs gonna take our progress we made with so much effort, because of the low pop, i can ensure u the majority of this pop ( we still have ) is gonna leave Allods in general. U cant take there progess away, and force them to start over, what u gonna do with the new server ? Advertise..

Make a re- opening, include a lot of advertising on as many game websites u can think of, a voila, same result, besides taking away the days/months some ppl including me spend on p2p already.

gz Nosferatu
Nobody said they are doing that, it was just a sugestion. No point blaming them already for something they didnt' even hint at doing.
For glory.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 7:33pm

Achilles

Intermediate

gz Nosferatu

Your point is flawed due to the fact you already threw away what little progress you made on league to start again on imp, what's the difference?
Achilles | Mage | Avarice
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▌█▀█─█─█─▀█▀─▀█▀─█─█─█─█─█▀█─▀█▀▐
▌█▀▄─█─█──█───█──█▀█─█─█─█▀▄──█─▐
▌▀▀▀─▀▀▀──▀───▀──▀─▀─▀▀▀─▀─▀──▀─▐
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 8:12pm

Ghost

Trainee

I feel like there are other ways to improve the P2P server rather than a complete relaunch... Don't delete the progress of players who have stuck with the game through its problems, through its low pop and screw overs by previous hosts. That is not a very good move at all and is a slap in the face to your loyal remaining few.

Instead, let's take a look at the actual problems of the P2P server and think of ways to solve it. Ofc the major issues would be:
- Allods is an aging game that never got good advertisement with the westerners. And the few times the non-Russian servers were advertised, it ended with bad reputation. Gipat, the previous host, etc.
- The P2P offers no real bonus other than "no cash shop!" Even with the slightly increased rates, it's still a nonstop grind. People feel like they don't have enough time to make use of the subscription server and so avoid it.
- There is no real incentive for old players OR new players to join the P2P. New players won't understand how cash shop affects the game content and won't want to reroll when they do (feels like wasting time and money); existing players have spent hundreds (and thousands) of dollars don't want to leave behind their pre-existing characters.

The main thing that needs to be kept in mind is that this is not Russia. This is a global service. Players will be expecting a little more incentive and a little more bang for their buck. There are other games coming out that will lure away your current customers. The server should be modified accordingly to fit the taste of the clientele. If this means we have to provide level 13 runes to all P2P players to keep them paying for the service, then that's what needs to be done.

My buddies and I are brainstorming ways to revive the P2P. We'll make a separate thread when we can. I don't want to hijack this one.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 10:55pm

Blesnar

Trainee

if ppl only knew how good this game really is...is just 1 problem patience!!!!

that's the main problem of many player that are P2W style and also ofc on p2p

The wounds will heal but Broken bones stay marked forever!!

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 11:06pm

Ghost reading your sig makes me think of

For glory.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 11:53pm

Ghost

Trainee

Ghost reading your sig makes me think of

I'll be your Jack if you be my Rose, babe.

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 7:57am

Your point is flawed due to the fact you already threw away what little progress you made on league to start again on imp, what's the difference?

It's sad that this needs to be explained. The difference is that it was his decision.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 9:19am

Achi, dont reflect your hate, on posts i make.

As u can see that doesnt work m8

Like Ghost is sayins something of the same here, yet i dont see any reaction of u ?

( hence Ghost : I feel like there are other ways to improve the P2P server rather than a
complete relaunch... Don't delete the progress of players who have
stuck with the game through its problems, through its low pop and screw
overs by previous hosts. That is not a very good move at all and is a
slap in the face to your loyal remaining few. )

personal hate much ? dude u left this game and still feel the urge to try to do this to me ? omg i didnt knew u were that B-hurt.

And blood

Quoted from "Nosferatu"

gz Nosferatu

Bloodraven:
Nobody said they are doing that, it was just a sugestion. No point blaming them already for something they didnt' even hint at doing.
Thats why i start the comment with "if " :thumbsup:

Gz Nosferatu

Friday, May 9th 2014, 2:44pm

I'm not sure that a full reset would be the best route to go..

addressing the population issue on the sub server is something we will be doing, amongst other things.
The problem is coming up with a solution that is balanced and won't screw anything else up..

We have seen that just giving free sub is not the answer.. We are looking at any existing methods (something that can be done quickly) or if we can add some new methods (that will have to be coded / bugfixed / translated, so will take some time) to try and boost the activity.
But I will also suggest a fresh sub server incase it has not already been considered.

-Wraith

Some thoughts I've had while reading this thread:

1. get the payment methods sorted out as soon as possible, maybe sooner, to alleviate the uncertainty surrounding what happens when the free time stops (this doesn't affect me directly, because my chosen payment method - credit card - is already available, but I understand the problem people have). I know that there is limited scope for accelerating this process, but bear in mind that not having it finished is damaging the bottom line (a) because people are leaving and (b) because while the free time continues, there's no revenue from the sub server (I'd love to be able to buy more subscription time, but at the moment I can't.)

2. Introduced proper level-segregated PvP action, with special PvP-biased (PvP-only?) bonuses granted for people who participate. This gives people the opportunity to play PvP on a basis that's at least three quarters fair right from the very lowest levels. Alternatively, make sure there's a PvP mode that is level-independent.

3. Going along with that, add some sort of similar PvE-biased bonuses for questing. Balancing the two kinds of bonuses will be interesting, but that's why we have testing environments.

4. Increase player awareness of recruiting bonuses (Tycoons). This seems to be an under-promoted feature of the game. In the same way, promote use of the Best Friends feature, including perhaps better rewards. Another game I used to play had a feature where an HL would buy for gold a special item that would allow him to group up with a (exactly one) sub-30 character to help the LL gain experience. The party could go anywhere that the HL could go and the LL would gain experience from mobs killed by the HL. Imagine a lvl 47 taking a lvl 23 into a hazardous zone full of level 44 mobs. These aren't too hard for the 47, but the level 23 gains XP as if he just did in a level 44 mob!

5. Add bonuses for guilds that take in new characters. To encourage recruitment of new players, make these bonuses apply to accounts that don't have members already in the guild, to stop abuse by guilds that have 20 real members and 100 alts / reincs of those 20 members. That wouldn't count. A core of 20 experienced players supporting / mentoring / etc. 100 new members would qualify for large bonuses.

6. Adjust the prices of mounts etc. that are bought with gold instead of boutique currency. My own feeling is that the first batch (horse/etc) that you buy in the mid-20s are priced a bit high.

7. Reductions in per-month price for people who bulk-buy time. This serves "merely" to reduce the cost of playing. Alternatively, simply reduce the price. Another game I play costs half the normal Allods price if I buy a month at a time, or less if I buy in blocks of up to a whole year, with in-game rewards like gear, mini-pets and so on.

8. More vanity items. We all love vanity items. A game I played (the one with the power-levelling feature described above) had loads of costumes in its boutique, and they would occasionally offer sales with costume pieces for just one boutique crystal (equivalent of). Make them affordable in game gold!

9. Player housing. Seriously. I miss having my house that I had in (name not given). A ship is nice to have, but it only works if I have a party of good crew members, and I can't just go and sit in it. With a house, I can. Remember to make the decorations affordable.

10. In a similar vein, guild halls / castles.

That's enough for now.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Friday, May 9th 2014, 3:18pm

@steveread999

Thanks for those suggestions.. I will collect all the suggestions for the sub server together and pass them all on in one meeting.

Regarding the payment methods, I know I keep saying it, but there is nothing we can do to speed up the process.. its in the hands of the lawyers. But it really does frustrate us as much as you guys that the contracts are taking this long.
But we will keep the sub server free until they have been finally sorted out and the systems are in place and working, after all we know its not your fault you can't extend the subscription.
Though if anything, now would be a great time to encourage your friends to try the sub server while its still free!

We welcome and suggestions that could help, I'll try my best to find and collect all the suggestions and will bring them up with our bosses shortly.

-Wraith
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Friday, May 9th 2014, 5:33pm

Jinxed

Intermediate

The best thing you can do to boost the Sub server is not reset it for one that will make things go down hill, The main idea would be to add 2 months free therefore players can try it out and see the diff-rents between F2P and P2P. Once a payer reaches a point on sub which there are points where you see a big change I am sure they would stay, But starting out fresh is a bad idea you would loose players for that.

Also giving a costume or a start box would be a plus to pull players in. Also to get people to see Allods post a ad on T.V.

That fact is people these days want to be bribed, same for sub server to get people to even want to start all over again when they already have a 60 toon on F2P there going to need a bribe 2 months free and a starter box maybe some exp to use. :thumbsup:

Also there should be a bonus mentor exp I mean if you have a mentor and your just starting out you should get a bonus in exp not much but alittle till you hit 10 levels from your mentor.

They should add more slider bars to the toon creater
Jinxed-level 60

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jinxed" (May 9th 2014, 5:46pm)

Saturday, May 10th 2014, 10:02am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

9. Player housing. Seriously. I miss having my house that I had in (name not given). A ship is nice to have, but it only works if I have a party of good crew members, and I can't just go and sit in it. With a house, I can. Remember to make the decorations affordable.

I was really anticipating this feature to come out when you have a personal allod. That way players could have a serious goal in creating a personal allod other than checking up on their maze which brings around 8k(?) gold per 2 weeks. And that way you wouldn't have to worry about creating a seperate map for the housing option to be in place. Also with the houses I'd love an option that the best friend could visit your private allod :D
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Saturday, May 10th 2014, 7:57pm

Alafff

Intermediate

Hello everyone, Before putting my sugg , as many will believe i'm crazy after i posted them i will put a brief summary of myself. Since i'm 9 (now 22) i have played MMO games , a sh*tload of them , saw lot of them die , some stagnate , some evolve etc etc. Would say i'm a veteran of MMO and dont wanna go into retirement (Stopping playing , i prefer to die).

Played Allods since Closed Beta Phase 3 Back in 2009 , So i have something like 5 years of experience in Allods , saw it die in Gipath and regrow better after.... etc etc. Played P2P server since the beggining of it last year. Been in Anger Management since December and cleared almost all the content with them.

The P2P server need two major thing : Something to make people COME , and something to make people STAY .

A F2P game works on a huge turnover of player . Big cash shopper stay when lots of casual people come , pay a little and go away. Devise help casual to become cash shopper (cause when you dont have gold anymore you know you can complete with € or $). Here people pay for tiny amount of pixel and/or code that make their experience feel more "comfortable".

A Sub game works with long term trust . Something last publisher failed . People pay to play , they dont pay to just fill your pocket , they want in return animation , event , support . To be sure they can consume at full capacity.

So to make people come there is simple thing

First is advertisement , Ads on Youtube , Ads in Banner on site like Kongregate , Armor Games ....all thoses flash games sites people go to at work , when they dont know what to do. TV Ads are expensives and people dont remember them, by the way less and less people watch tv , they prefer going on Internet.

Second is External platform like Steam. Before Gpotato was denied of it cause they were only publisher. but My.com and Mail.ru is more or less the same company , so problem could be solved. It is a way with less cost to bring wave of new players. Some will stay , Some will not.

Third is finally reputation . Last published have bad reputation , Allods have bad reputation since Gipath. a NA tester did recently a test on Allods , he said that the game was good but shouldnt be played cause of publisher. After the game is a minimum repopulated (mostly P2P) ask them again to do new reviews of it , NOW that you're in possession of game

For the thing that make people STAY in sub server

Events specifics to Sub server, Like each month people will receive a random mount patern and a random costume and some anniversary coins (5 gold) , perhaps something like a strongbox that can contain all pattern , and another one that can contain all costume. Box could be not bound and for 25+ Character only.

Augment rates. People dont like to grind. Allods is not a corean game , Wild Shore and Astral dont give enough when you see the rate of upgrading. Double thoses rates (x2 chest in astral ,x2.5 loot in Whildshore) , it will help endgame.
-Double pvp emblem, amalgam reward , reputation reward , put reputation scroll like those in f2p in pvp shop same price as exp boost , it will give people a new goal for pvp. People dont want to grind pvp , they dont want to get farmed , they want to get pleasure in it. So helping them to get reputation gear fast is good for them.
-Triple Gold and grey stuff loot so people will not need to grind to upgrade their gear etc. Buying mirra will stop being a pain.
More money = More economy = More way to do things.

Add cash shop reward in Red astral and Red zones in Wildshore : Dress , Mount Pattern ,Greatness Emblem , Objets to shorten Private allod construction , Goblins , Ethereal replicators, Elites mercenaries , fragment for mythic hull maybe. If they do hard difficulty zone , they need more reward.

Finally we all know that when p2p server will become p2p again , lots of people will stop playing cause they went here free and dont want to pay. So putting one month free for everyone wanting to test P2P server, starting at first access of the sub server. Something like a confirmation Prompt :"You choosed the Subscription Server , Clicking to Okay button will begin to spent your one free month of subscription" etc etc.

As said earlier , feel free to speak about it and Wraith on a personnal note , if you can ask Reira to translate you my guild ship suggestion on the french forum or google translate it , as long as you read it , i would be happy :p

Sub server and Allods was a dream come true for me who was playing at Evil Island (Rage of Mage 3) so seeing both of them die slowly make me sad
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Monday, May 12th 2014, 12:28am

What this game desperately needs is a complete rework of the cash shop model, because as long as the f2p server is pay2win the game will overall have a bad reputation no matter how good the subscription server is. f2p is what most will try out first and feel repulsed and never look back. But then again, if they redeem their f2p model and scrap the runes and purchasable talent points etc, there won't be as big a need for a subscription server.
The game is indeed good, and deserves better than this business model that completely destroys it.

Anyhow... they need to be more clear about the difference between p2p and f2p, and advertise the good things about the p2p server. Also, they should switch things up a bit in the starter experience, to appeal more to "todays western MMO players". Make it easier to increase inventory space early on, and make the first mount purchasable earlier and a bit cheaper (because the game feels like a jogging simulator without a decent mount). Alternatively, bring in a similar quest as the one from f2p that lends you a mount.

I also think a lot of players give up and leave when they run out of quests and have to grind XP, so filling in the holes and offering a continuous questing experience would be good, and reduce grind at endgame. Subscription games are expected to be less grindy than f2p where you feel like you have to buy boosters and loot multipliers.

Every new player, from the day they start playing on sub server, should have one free month, as others are suggesting as well. Do this along with a "launch" on Steam, and there will probably be some new players trying it out.

PS. Hi by the way, I'm a new player myself, leveled to 20 on f2p, saw that it was disgusting, and hopped over on Smuggler's.
Ohh and, why don't they allow people to swap server to sub? Some people might not bother about p2p because they can't stomach rerolling and losing all their progress. Allow server swap and some people might even come back to the game. (simply remove runes and extra talent points etc from them, I don't see what the problem would be)

Rate this thread