You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 12:37pm

idea for p2p

Well i was thinking about an idea / comment what you think of that ;)
Playerbase is really low on p2p and you could maybe add tokens or whatever you wanna call it for 1k CC and it could only be bought from cash shop.
Whoever buys it can use the item to get a subscriber status or something and it can be tradable in f2p..when player who sells token to another palyer it becomes bound, this method would maybe even profit allods..
example: i buy 10 tokens for 100 euros worth and then sell them for gold on f2p server, this would make better p2p population and
opportunity to people who cannot pay with real money to play on p2p server.. this is just an idea, no flaming please.. 8)

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 1:01pm

Well i was thinking about an idea / comment what you think of that ;)
Playerbase is really low on p2p and you could maybe add tokens or whatever you wanna call it for 1k CC and it could only be bought from cash shop.
Whoever buys it can use the item to get a subscriber status or something and it can be tradable in f2p..when player who sells token to another palyer it becomes bound, this method would maybe even profit allods..
example: i buy 10 tokens for 100 euros worth and then sell them for gold on f2p server, this would make better p2p population and
opportunity to people who cannot pay with real money to play on p2p server.. this is just an idea, no flaming please.. 8)

The obvious flaw, the way I see it, is that I can grind gold on the f2p server to pay for the crystals to buy these tokens in the boutique, so they make no money from me while I (or a bunch of other people) play on the p2p server without anybody paying for it. Of course I have to have a character who can grind that way on the f2p server, and if I have that, why do I want to play on the sub server? (And the other players also have to grind that much gold, so the same applies to them.)

(Well, there is a reason: so I can play on the sub server without having to pay money, as you suggest...)

There are also strong reasons to not do this. (French Flash-based tile-map non-3D MMORPG) allows something like this, and has immense problems with bots, because the bot accounts do not need to pay cash-money, just in-game funds. Yes, they have to give up some of their gold that they make by selling stuff to players in order to buy currency to stay subscribed (people who don't subscribe cannot exceed level 20, and will get routinely stomped out of existence in higher-level areas, even in large groups). If you allow subscriptions on the p2p server without paying cash-money (more to the point, if you make it obviously possible), the bot-runners will use this to get subscription time over there, and gather-and-sell gold to the real players that remain.

And a more generic version of the proposed item exists: it is possible to use crystals buy tokens that can redeemed later for crystals (and can be traded in the mean-time).
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 3:12pm

maryoosh

Beginner

We already gave them million ideas to help p2p server but looks like noone from gm/cm/dev - whatever u call them - lookin into it. Simple they dont give a *** about non-ru servers looks like.

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 4:15pm

AleXutZa

Trainee

i think personally that p2p server will rise trust me allot of players commed here already

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 4:46pm

i think personally that p2p server will rise trust me allot of players commed here already

For it to rise there has to be either strong presence on both factions or enough serious people on one faction to not fit into one guild.