You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 6th 2014, 5:09pm

engineer survivabilty in pvp is a joke

how can the developers have dropped the ball so bad on this class ?

Friday, June 6th 2014, 6:50pm

Fraust

Trainee

You've got to be much more specific on this one. The engineer, albeit very similar to the bard class is actually still very new. Surely you didn't expect it to be massive perfection on the first release did you? It could also be a combination of not so good gear, runes and/or build. Or skill in using said build. But I believe its simply to early to judge this class. Give it a couple good patches and then see where it stands. Only time will tell.

P.S. As others have said before, the engineer is designed to be a support class. It is used to assist others. With that information, one shouldn't expect it to have high success rate in PVP matches.

Friday, June 6th 2014, 9:10pm

he is right

whole engineer -class is a joke right now

its dead faster than a mage without barriers

engineer is a worthless inferior class right now
thankfully next patch will change engineer so it becomes "playable"

and please stop that "support classes cant pvp"-nonsense... EVERY class should be able to DPS and PVP *in right spec*.... however for example a fullhealer wont do serious dmg while a CC-psio wont to much damage either - BUT they can go in pvp- spec which means they sacrifice their cc or heal-skills in order to gain damage-output

EVERY class IS able to do so, except engineer atm

engineer can only go dps (glasscannon -> PVE) atm, no other use
steel-trap is a funny idea but it fails in practice, same goes for flying pad which can only avoid normal damge... a SHIEDLED flying pad would be an idea, that would make engineer a viable class for pvp

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 6th 2014, 9:16pm)

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 3:51am

Fraust

Trainee

he is right

and please stop that "support classes cant pvp"-nonsense... EVERY class should be able to DPS and PVP *in right spec*.... however for example a fullhealer wont do serious dmg while a CC-psio wont to much damage either - BUT they can go in pvp- spec which means they sacrifice their cc or heal-skills in order to gain damage-output

steel-trap is a funny idea but it fails in practice, same goes for flying pad which can only avoid normal damge... a SHIEDLED flying pad would be an idea, that would make engineer a viable class for pvp

It most certainly not. I've seen very viable engineers.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but not every class is meant to be exactly like the other. That would render the use of multiple classes to nothing. And no, I will not stop saying that. Even the developers state its a support/utility class. I'll agree that it needs a bit of work. But expecting them to turn it into this op killing machine wouldn't make sense. Different classes excel at different things. All games are that way.

Simply put, Don't judge your experience and blame the results on the class. Blame it on your ability to not fully utilize the class to its full potential. As I said, many others have proved otherwise.

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 4:53am

I'm sorry to tell you this, but not every class is meant to be exactly like the other. That would render the use of multiple classes to nothing. And no, I will not stop saying that. Even the developers state its a support/utility class. I'll agree that it needs a bit of work. But expecting them to turn it into this op killing machine wouldn't make sense. Different classes excel at different things. All games are that way.

Simply put, Don't judge your experience and blame the results on the class. Blame it on your ability to not fully utilize the class to its full potential. As I said, many others have proved otherwise.

actually the developers, HAVE STATED the class is gimped and will receive a complete overhaul. everything you say is a moot point by the developers account.

http://forum.allods.ru/showthread.php?t=114258

name these viable engineers ?

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 5:04am

he is right

pretty much truth.com

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 3:33pm

he is right

ofc you can compensate the fail of the class itself with skill and items, but this wont change the fact its a infrior class atm
take 2 EXACT equal opponnts, one engineer, one ANY other class, the non-engineer will always win

the "viable" engies you saw were most likely ppl who compensated the fail of the engineer with
ITEMS
SKILL
GEAR
and a proper spec

i dont need a terminator class, im content already if the class is not onehit per definition

Monday, June 9th 2014, 3:41am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

You've got to be much more specific on this one. The engineer, albeit very similar to the bard class is actually still very new. Surely you didn't expect it to be massive perfection on the first release did you? It could also be a combination of not so good gear, runes and/or build. Or skill in using said build. But I believe its simply to early to judge this class. Give it a couple good patches and then see where it stands. Only time will tell.

P.S. As others have said before, the engineer is designed to be a support class. It is used to assist others. With that information, one shouldn't expect it to have high success rate in PVP matches.

Umm, hmmmm, the bard class was suppose to be a support class also.

Monday, June 9th 2014, 4:12am

Ghost

Trainee

I agree with this thread. Engineers need more than a change to vespiary and a few bug fixes here and there - they should be taken back to the drawing board and redone completely from the ground up. They should be on par with every other class in pvp + pve, but they are not.

Yes. Please do compare bard and engineer. Both were labeled and released as a support class. Which of those two classes actually succeeded and is useful? Which remains strong and useful after several nerfs? Hint: It's not the class that currently has a penalty on nearly all of their support skills.

Word is, most of the original class designers were fired. That the engineer was the new team's first project. I have also seen what they have in mind for the 5.02 scout rework (which is my other main class), and I am deeply saddened by the result. smh

Tuesday, June 10th 2014, 2:05am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Yes. Please do compare bard and engineer. Both were labeled and released as a support class. Which of those two classes actually succeeded and is useful? Which remains strong and useful after several nerfs? Hint: It's not the class that currently has a penalty on nearly all of their support skills.

Wow, really? All I stated was that the bard was suppose to be a support class also. Take a look everyone in this post but basically 1 is complaining about the engineer having 0 survivability in pvp and I happen to agree with it. The bard while supposedly being a support class too can solo pvp. It doesn't matter if there were different designers or not. Point is this game is made for solo leveling unless you are gonna run xp scrolls or farm many many many levels. Asee up is all contested zones with a few thrown in the mix that aren't. The engineer class needs to be able to solo pvp.

So if you want to (tries to find a clean word) point someone out, don't point the one out that actually agrees with the post. Please excuse me for not quoting

This is a class that wears leather and with that should be able to survive better then a mage that doesn't have it barriers on.

Tuesday, June 10th 2014, 2:31am

Xaraman

Trainee

I have also seen what they have in mind for the 5.02 scout rework (which is my other main class), and I am deeply saddened by the result. smh

You have any links to this information? I'd like to see what they have in mind.

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 10th 2014, 3:03am

Ghost

Trainee

So if you want to (tries to find a clean word) point someone out, don't point the one out that actually agrees with the post. Please excuse me for not quoting

I was agreeing with your post, actually. Your comparison between bards and engineers was a very fair point and I did not mean to come across as sarcastic. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

@Xaraman: http://allodsoracle.com/plans-for-scouts-in-5-0-2/
Edit - For more feels about the scout... it's just frustrating. It's like the team can never decide how and where to balance scouts. We are changed in almost every single patch, and this will be the what... third? Fourth rework? I've lost count. Things keep getting removed and brought back just to be removed again. They just need to choose something and stick with it. If this brings a true dps increase? Woo! But I don't know if it will... and removing rapid fire is just going to make pvp as ranged all that more difficult.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ghost" (Jun 10th 2014, 3:10am)

Tuesday, June 10th 2014, 4:24pm

Wow, really? All I stated was that the bard was suppose to be a support class also. Take a look everyone in this post but basically 1 is complaining about the engineer having 0 survivability in pvp and I happen to agree with it. The bard while supposedly being a support class too can solo pvp. It doesn't matter if there were different designers or not. Point is this game is made for solo leveling unless you are gonna run xp scrolls or farm many many many levels. Asee up is all contested zones with a few thrown in the mix that aren't. The engineer class needs to be able to solo pvp.

This is a class that wears leather and with that should be able to survive better then a mage that doesn't have it barriers on.

lmao, i think ghost was agreeing with you and building upon the point you made

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 5:20pm

Xaraman

Trainee

@Ghost,

Thanks for that. As usual, the best advice is to wait and see what they actually change. When it comes to rapid fire, the handiness of that shot was the increase of the KD time with shot to the legs. Though, since V5, it has been hard use properly with the new willpower system, especially in team pvp and they say that shot to the legs will now just stun someone in place come 5.02. So, once they transfer the DPS effectiveness of that shot somewhere else, it's not going to be a huge loss.

I'm curious about the melee scout though. With what they are saying, it looks like MS could be a viable temporary off tank in certain circumstances. Might make things a little more varied for us when it comes to builds.

Cheers!

Friday, June 13th 2014, 4:53pm

Fraust

Trainee

The reason I compared the Bard to the engineer is because of their basic setup. The bard's main weapon is a guitar that is permanently equipped and not listed as gear in the character window. This is the same case for the Engineer instead of a guitar its a cannon.

As far as the vespiary and other devices, I tested them countless times and they do operate as they should. Albeit annoying when they attack another mob, but they do go after mobs you currently have in combat. Although I don't believe placing it as far away from you and your opponent isn't a smart move to begin with. But this does function as it is intended. Just most folks don't like how it is intended to work. I agree though, the engineer does need some changes. Its a new class. All new classes in all games get refinements soon after initial release. Just got to wait it out. lol.

Saturday, June 14th 2014, 4:19am

I was agreeing with your post, actually. Your comparison between bards and engineers was a very fair point and I did not mean to come across as sarcastic. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

@Xaraman: http://allodsoracle.com/plans-for-scouts-in-5-0-2/
Edit - For more feels about the scout... it's just frustrating. It's like the team can never decide how and where to balance scouts. We are changed in almost every single patch, and this will be the what... third? Fourth rework? I've lost count. Things keep getting removed and brought back just to be removed again. They just need to choose something and stick with it. If this brings a true dps increase? Woo! But I don't know if it will... and removing rapid fire is just going to make pvp as ranged all that more difficult.
Ranged Scout is shifty at best in skirmish pvp, raid pvp sure, but in smaller fights its just blah unless you have a good support group.
The thing is I am more then ok with the removal of Rapid Fire. Rapid fire has become near useless in PVP due to willpower re work, not to mention now people are getting near full legends its even worse. It does make for some nice PVE burst damage BUT from reading it looks like it will be a substantial buff for PVP and PVE. Totally honest I am more bummed about losing Crippling Arrow. Merci shot I am happy to see going, granted I did have a blast using Psi Skill Rapture + Merci shot to start a fight, (things a good hit when it crits) Overall I think scout will be pretty beastly in 5.2

Back on topic, Poor engineers do need some major help. Cause they are a mage without barriers. I have instantly killed several highly geared Engineers cause really they have 0 defense. They use that hover pad? I explosive shot em and it kills them. And I personally will not take them in astral cause a VI or a stray AoE = dead 90% of the time with them. And I do feel bad cause they deserve to enjoy their class like the rest of us but it just can not survive ><
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Rate this thread