You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 6:31am

I started playing 2 months ago. I got two characters to the 60th level. With my guild we routinely raid and sometimes do pvp. The teams of undergeared characters almost always lose, of course, but I find that all the content of the game is enjoyable by a casual player.

You won't really get until the mid 30s what your class really does, and to see what really is the Allods experience, you need to be a 60 in a guild: the solo leveling experience is quite different. Give it some weeks to understand if it really is the mmorpg for you.

On a different but not unrelated side note, seriously, what's wrong with you guys? Do you really enjoy that much keeping this game your own small private fiefdom chasing away all the new players dedicated enought to come to the forums? Haven't you something else to do? A hobby? Washing your cat, braiding dolls, something like that? What's the fun in patrolling the forum all the days of the week and scaring away people, wouldn't you be better off playing?

U started two months ago and since months there is no cc flash sale. I assume u have 2-1-1/1-1-1 runes. Cause its around 200g 1cc. And u r raiding with ur guild! What u r raiding? lvl45 GT?

U r so fresh yet. Dont wory man, just play 2 months more, than u may wanna wash even ur neigbor's cats!

Quoted

"you really have no idea what the auction house is, dont you?"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Elvespresley" (Jun 8th 2014, 7:37am)

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 9:01am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

Hi there and Welcoem to Allods.

If you're on League and need help feel free to message me and I will assist you as best I can.
I am not a hardcore player so, there are still a lot of things I am learning myself.
IGN: Gemenon/Gemii .

You can obtain almost everything in the cash shop from with in the game using Gold.
There is an Exchanger so you can trade Gold for Cash Shop Crystals.

All you need to patience to farm the gold.
Also Quests help and depending on the profession you pick can help with money.

But Good Luck and dont be afraid to pm me.
And I could help you in the game on f2p server empire side if you can't seem to find a proper mentor. Though I don't play that often anymore but you can pm me on forum or add me on skype for almost 24/7 gameplay support :D
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 9:33am

everyone who will tell you you DONT NEED money, and its possible to play without and allods is NOT paytowin is either a LIAR or HAS NO LIFE (or both)

Or knows how to play. :|
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 9:51am

Or knows how to play.

Yeah sure sure...

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 10:25am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

Even those who know how to play started saying that this game is becoming pay 2 win pretty fast. Stop the flaming and enjoy the game if you want to. If not - no point fending off new players from trying it out. Everyone can see for themselves what Allods is nowadays.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 1:02pm

ValekLost

Trainee

U started two months ago and since months there is no cc flash sale. I assume u have 2-1-1/1-1-1 runes. Cause its around 200g 1cc. And u r raiding with ur guild! What u r raiding? lvl45 GT?

Tep's Pyramid. <.<

We (not him. Peldrigal started to play here on the global server) came from the Italian server, where the exchange rate of Gold > BC was about 30g when we left.
Many ppl in our guild have 5+ runes (until 8/7 for a couple of them) and they've not paid a cent to have them.
Most of us has also permanent pat5 reached with golds as well.
Same thing for the few strongboxes events or prophetic cards. We have almost always paid with in game golds for everything, simply farming a lot (200/350g, traders' route, farming loots with the free astral trip, and so on).
We have never had sales and we haven't any "convenience pack" of CC.
10€ > 400 BC
5BC > 2 CC (it was the only available item. 2 CC).
And there was no AH, because there wasn't enough ppl so. Just some costumes and some parchment from the 1-2 guys from other guilds.

I reached level full set 4 only with my PC prizes, with compasses buyed with golds.

And we are no international guild, we accept only Italians, so we haven't so many active ppl and we have not many of them with high-lev runes. But we do what we can do.

I think the problems of Allods are not in "what you can do or not with your golds", but in the too many Strongox events, in the too many battle Mount, in the too high Exchange rate.
BUT if a person can be not so competitive and go Beyond all the shiny and beatiful booster the other have, he can go where he wants.
My GF does every day ONE AoD (she has no 60lv reinc), and even if often lose she can do what she wants..she gets amalgam, she gets golds, she gets relics, she gets costumes, she spends also a lot in AH vanities.

I agree with Luka saying: we all know how Allods is and how many problems it has about "p2w" marketing BUT that's not a good reason to scare new players, because MAYBE they find a way to enjoy the game even without all the p2w items that this game has.
We need new ppl, if you don't enjoy the game any more it's not their fault. They deserve a chance, maybe they want to pay something. Or maybe not and they'll leave soon. But at least they will be figured out the matter by themselves :/

Thakalek
Arisen Summoner ~ Lv 60
<Pirati Astrali>
From [ITA] server :|

"Oh my GOSH! FROGS! Frogs EVERYWHERE on this SHIP! And they're ALL CHASINGMEAHHHH!" [Me, during every Archdemon event ._.]

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 3:12pm

Tep's Pyramid. <.<

We (not him. Peldrigal started to play here on the global server) came from the Italian server, where the exchange rate of Gold > BC was about 30g when we left.
Many ppl in our guild have 5+ runes (until 8/7 for a couple of them) and they've not paid a cent to have them.
Same thing for the few strongboxes events or prophetic cards. We have almost always paid with in game golds for everything, simply farming a lot (200/350g, traders' route, farming loots with the free astral trip, and so on).
10€ > 400 BC
And there was no AH, because there wasn't enough ppl so. Just some costumes and some parchment from the 1-2 guys from other guilds.

I reached level full set 4 only with my PC prizes, with compasses buyed with golds.

And we are no international guild, we accept only Italians, so we haven't so many active ppl and we have not many of them with high-lev runes. But we do what we can do.

I think the problems of Allods are not in "what you can do or not with your golds", but in the too many Strongox events, in the too many battle Mount, in the too high Exchange rate.
BUT if a person can be not so competitive and go Beyond all the shiny and beatiful booster the other have, he can go where he wants.
My GF does every day ONE AoD (she has no 60lv reinc), and even if often lose she can do what she wants..she gets amalgam, she gets golds, she gets relics, she gets costumes, she spends also a lot in AH vanities.

I agree with Luka saying: we all know how Allods is and how many problems it has about "p2w" marketing BUT that's not a good reason to scare new players, because MAYBE they find a way to enjoy the game even without all the p2w items that this game has.
We need new ppl, if you don't enjoy the game any more it's not their fault. They deserve a chance, maybe they want to pay something. Or maybe not and they'll leave soon. But at least they will be figured out the matter by themselves :/

Whats ur point?
He said he is doing raids and u say no he is not!
We are playing in merged server and discussing about merged server prices, u r giving me samples from ita server!
U r talking about 4lvl runes like u have a chance against 10 or 11 lvl runes!

U obviously dont want to understand!
I dont say "dont come or dont play" to anyone.
Im just telling the truth!
Im saying, "if u r not planing to spend some money for this game u r just a bait for end game players"!
But if u like to get defeated in every battle arena everyweek, its ur call ofc.
Consider this and make ur desicion on ur own.

Thats all i can say after years i spent with Allods...

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 3:48pm

Tep's Pyramid. <.<

10€ > 400 BC

Whats ur point?
We are playing in merged server and discussing about merged server prices, u r giving me samples from ita server!

Im saying, "if u r not planing to spend some money for this game u r just a bait for end game players"!

Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms
their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response,
occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which
they cannot anticipate. – Sun Tzu

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 3:55pm

Even those who know how to play started saying that this game is becoming pay 2 win pretty fast. Stop the flaming and enjoy the game if you want to. If not - no point fending off new players from trying it out. Everyone can see for themselves what Allods is nowadays.

No, no, no. I'm not as unreasonable as to say that you can't buy power in Allods. I'm saying that it is fairly enjoyable game without having to spend a dime. Pick a character that you enjoy playing and play it. Figure out a way to play the game so that it is enjoyable to you and do that. It's fairly simple, honestly.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 4:31pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

Kinda my point exactly. Even those who know how to play and did so without paying anything ever since they started playing are now saying that the enjoyment part of Allods is fading away with this patch as it got unreasonably harder to play like this.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 4:32pm

Read my earlier post and do what it says. Saves you from most of the problems people describe in this thread.

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 7:23pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

Allods maybe is enjoyable for f2p pve players but if u planning to do some competetive pvp without paying -definetly not game for you
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 7:30pm

Welcome to ao ao is good game with lots of things to do but its highly p2w. :!:
Things to do in ao pvp, astral, wellebell, gb, dominace, astral ship quest and gold farm mob.
Before you play any further you need to first consider that you are keen to grind gold for hours to catch up if you gonna be f2p alternatively you can invest some money ingame and be strong easier if you wanna be p2w. :huh:

Good luck n enjoy the game :)

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 7:36pm

ValekLost

Trainee

Whats ur point?

Sorry, but you didn't understand what I said.
WE as a guild come from Ita Server. Not Peldrigal because he started to play here, 2 month ago.
He make raids with us, TP too.

I'm one of those considering Allods a p2w, and I would be far more happy to have a "free p2p" speaking of mechanics, but I play as I want and I enjoy the time with my friends.
I'm not competitive, so I don't suffer so much about "not have what the others have". I sleep easily even if I've 66/55/44 runes.
My GF is more competitive than me, she does arenas every day and even if she get angry when she lost, she gets angrier for ppl with 12/11 runes who leaves arenas right after 5-10mins because they don't win as fast as they wish to or permanently afk.

Even if you're "a bait for end game players" you can live happily anyway, because you can't reach the same level of those players with 12/11 runes, so? You don't play? You remain in your corner to cry out all what doesn't work? Or you play trying to find a good game group to enjoy the time with?
I understand very well, simply I find my way and it's good enough.
When I'll get tired of all this, I'll change game, without spent a lot of time on this forum blaming all and everything even when I'm not playing here anymore.

Make the other find out by theirselves how Allods is, without cover them with bucket of liquid sewage.
That's why I appreciate all the good player who simply left, without make their take the distances a crowd-screaming event.

Thakalek
Arisen Summoner ~ Lv 60
<Pirati Astrali>
From [ITA] server :|

"Oh my GOSH! FROGS! Frogs EVERYWHERE on this SHIP! And they're ALL CHASINGMEAHHHH!" [Me, during every Archdemon event ._.]

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 9:23pm

Even if you're "a bait for end game players" you can live happily anyway, because you can't reach the same level of those players with 12/11 runes, so? You don't play? You remain in your corner to cry out all what doesn't work? Or you play trying to find a good game group to enjoy the time with?

Again!

Quoted

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 10:44pm

If you will be F2P from the scratch like me,I'd like to tell you you'll enjoy the game yes but in end game to be honest,it depends much on gold farming..Farming gold for hours and hours in order to advance so if you wanna get your runes up to say level 5 this alone will take some considerable time and if you wanna get pat 5 permanently :) well this will take even far more time and not to mention that even upgrading astral gear now takes tons of gold now as far as I heard around 4k gold per piece of gear upgraded from green to blue while most people who pay real cash have pat 5 and far higher runes than 5 not to mention magpie and bigger bag which would be kinda a luxury for f2p to get before all those other necessary things like runes etc..I have been playing this game for around 2 years and I don't have magpie yet,Level 60 leatherworking and level 60 alchemy..I consider magpie for f2p a luxury and I even used the newbie green bag back then before merge till a friend insisted to get me tokens so I upgrade my bag to blue for free..You simply need to spend much time farming and farming and if you don't farm gold,you won't advance very well and will always you're out of date and weak so if you keep looking to how weak you are or how powerful people around you are,you won't enjoy the game so my advice is pick the class you like best and play for fun and just for fun,farm when ever you want,don't listen to haters who might call you noob or whatever and take it in as a joke :) as for leveling,at some point in game you'll have to farm mobs or dungeons and no quests so I'd advise that you do Goblin ball skirmish since level 20 and higher,trust me you'll need that extra exp from it later on and its 5 times daily goblin ball matches..In goblin ball some people might rage and have bad attitude,don't listen to them and don't care about what they say,It's all a game after all and you're trying to relax and have fun..As for the classes I like most on leveling are Bards,healers and also heard summoners farm and level pretty fast though I don't know so well about summoners yet,Bards though I like them most in leveling as they have many features: they have good dps yet they aren't glass cannons and have some sustain with nocturne and they have good range on some skills and low cool downs and almost no skills need casting for bards not to mention how they're good supports in a party and are a loved class and finally they have allegro song that increases their speed as long as they don't get attacked and that was my virtual mount back then when I had no mount till I hit level 54 or 55 and got my molten lion :) as for mount,at level 10-15 you'll unlock a best friend feature where you can best friend someone who can later lend you one of their mounts and this is the best way to get an almost free mount yet your best friend can take the mount back when ever they want.

Anyway If you happen to pick bard class,I can help you out with bard class,I've accumulated some good information about bard class for long time from many bards and I also know some tricks which can help you people who are stronger than you sometimes yet I'm not op so you won't have these high hopes in me ^.-

Finally, don't compare yourself to others specially those who pay real cash much,don't compare your gear and stuff to what they have so you won't get disappointed,Don't also get disappointed if you get 1 hit killed in some skirmishes even when you have around level 5 runes which are kinda average with some average gear and greatness,Get used to that and just have fun with the PVP itself or try to have fun :)~
By the way,the game isn't exactly P2W but to be honest it's kinda close,in order to advance in this game you'll have to sacrifice one of 2 resources:either time (F2P) or real cash and by time I mean some considerable time to get better in a certain thing in this game while if you actually use cash,you can buy the whole cash shop today and now.So yea it gives you the option to get everything from CS for free yet it's some tiresome work and sometimes really tiresome and might be done on the very very long run..The game is good though and worth it.Good luck!

@crissihime
Hi Gemmy ^^,I agree the game needs much patience yes..That's something I'd add.
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hilver" (Jun 8th 2014, 10:50pm)

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 3:00am

just give the P2P a try. i think its the best way to play allods online. the f2P is completely WRONG if you are new.

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 4:19am

just give the P2P a try. i think its the best way to play allods online. the f2P is completely WRONG if you are new.

payserver means you MUST pay for the rest of your active time, while free server means you will get more comfort over time for free

2 years playing will be over 200$ (?) on payserver!

its only worth if you either do not care about money or you only plan to play only for a short time (2 months or something)

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 9:27am

On the other hand, on the subscription server, you don't have to spend 25k gold every week on crystal chips.

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 10:21am

On the other hand, on the subscription server, you don't have to spend 25k gold every week on crystal chips.

thats for sure, because you get fixed level 5 runes

however getting level 5 runes wont take long on normal server either... i see and know many players which stopped improving runes at level 5 and are happy too

for PVE its great already, and on payserver there is no PVP anyway (as far as i heared, i cant tell myself since i dont play there)

i think payserver is something like the carefree packet, where you dont have to look at so many things...

at first it looks more comfortable but in the end you may miss the extra options :(

if the only thing i could improve in endgame would be runes i would not enjoy the game so much as i do now, where i improve not only gear but also runes, extra talentpoints etc....
the best thing is, that i am not forced to try my luck on strongboxes but can simply buy items from auction house, which is a discountprice in comparison to buy strongboxes