You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 15th 2014, 1:16am

save password

an option to save the password as we have with the login would be nice. starting allods and logging in by just clicking the icon for it...

Sunday, June 15th 2014, 11:26am

Hi, just launch with my.com launcher, autologin in your account.
Lysonia - Requiem, guilde Française - Empire (Evolution)

Monday, June 16th 2014, 1:37am

its nice it already works for my.com launcher

maybe they will add it too for normal "Launcher.exe" :)

Tuesday, June 17th 2014, 8:26am

I stopped the my.com launcher from launching because every time it connected, my soft firewall would report a continuous flood of packets streaming from around the internet to my PC, then when I shut it down, the flood stopped immediately. So if this (saved passwords) is a desirable feature, it should be added to launcher.exe, yes.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, June 17th 2014, 12:42pm

I stopped the my.com launcher from launching because every time it connected, my soft firewall would report a continuous flood of packets streaming from around the internet to my PC, then when I shut it down, the flood stopped immediately. So if this (saved passwords) is a desirable feature, it should be added to launcher.exe, yes.

im glad its not only me who noticed that! :O

blocking all the unwanted connections is a large effort and not very pleasent

Thursday, June 19th 2014, 8:40am

amenhotepX

Beginner

Rofl

Thursday, June 19th 2014, 8:55am

amenhotepX

Beginner

blocking all the unwanted connections is a large effort and not very pleasant

How can be so a large effort and not pleasant ?

From my point a view it's easy and yea pleasant to work with iptables, port forwarding, QoS rules, ip route, learning ipv4 and ipv6.

Btw most of the "software firewalls" are just crap and even more complicated to use and most of the time useless just bcs with one click you open a big large door. :)

Best Regards,

Amen

Thursday, June 19th 2014, 10:05pm

blocking all the unwanted connections is a large effort and not very pleasant

How can be so a large effort and not pleasant ?

From my point a view it's easy and yea pleasant to work with iptables, port forwarding, QoS rules, ip route, learning ipv4 and ipv6.

Btw most of the "software firewalls" are just crap and even more complicated to use and most of the time useless just bcs with one click you open a big large door. :)

Best Regards,

Amen

the only thing that is pleasent here is that having proper knowledge prevents you from the dilemma "accept the software's wishes or dont use it"

but as i want to play and not work its far from pleasent that the client does things that oppose the interests of the user and the user(=me) has to fix that
its not a matter of how long it takes but its a matter of that i have to care myself instead its working properly from the beginning

Qos iproute and IPv6 do not have anything to do with this problem beside... do you enjoy tech-babble?

the easiest solution is to handle it via whitelist and just allow the connections to "allods" while blocking all other (=unwanted p2p ***) connections

this is not a dicussion about hardware vs software firewalls, but using both is the way to go...
those who use only softwalls ignore the fact they are limited in some important aspects, while
those with a hardwarefirwall fetish often ignore the problem of outgoing connections, i dont know about you however

also the connections are not malicious directly, but simply unwanted, since i am not willing to 'seed' or take part of a P2P network in general without even beeing asked whether i want to do so

..... sadly software nowadays is usually not with the interests of the user... :thumbdown:

Rate this thread