You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 1:30am

Ok. What can we do to get some people to play?

as the title says.

we need to do some promoting so this server/game doesnt get shut down. because even tho ive gotten/paid for so much shit on the f2p server i want to move to this server because i love this game so much and would like to start on the p2p fresh and without all the crap!

ive suggested my friends play this game and a few have given it a try but never stay

what else can we do? i think we need to be more proactive especially with social media (facebook,twitter, instagram etc etc)

especially here in NA its about time we started pushing more people to play this game because honestly this is one of the best MMO's ive ever played and id hate to see it die without a fight!

so if anyone wants to start a FB or IG with me or has other suggestions thatd be great!

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 3:06am

i wish our reddit was more active, reddit is too addicting :( (and also great for up to date info when there's an active community)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Allods

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 6:32am

Have your friends told you why they didn't stick with the game?

I've just started playing Allods and there are some little things that, while not game breakers for me, certainly make playing less pleasant than it could be. The camera shake while running, for example. If there is a way to turn it off I haven't found it yet. It actually starts to give me a headache after a little while. Normally I'd appreciate that extra attention to detail, but it's a little too jarring for my eyes/head apparently.

I know what has kept most folks away from the game in the past has been the ftp cash shop and all the angst associated with gPotato. Hopefully with them out of the picture and the subscription server up people will give the game another chance and slowly trickle back in. It's a tough situation though, what with all the competition in the MMO space now.

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 1:27pm

I've just started playing Allods and there are some little things that, while not game breakers for me, certainly make playing less pleasant than it could be. The camera shake while running, for example. If there is a way to turn it off I haven't found it yet. It actually starts to give me a headache after a little while.

camshaking?! sounds horrible! :S ive never seen this though :O

if i let a char run the cam follows him still like it would be mounted on a smoot flying helicopter

what i dont like is that the FOV is no longer adjustable! :(

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 3:05pm

yeah ive never run into the camera shaking maybe thats something with your PC? to be honest this game runs so smooth on my laptop that its one of the only games that doesnt hurt my eyes lol

and as for my friends a lot of them do like the limitations on the class/race combo which doesnt make sense to me at all because its just like WoW and like every other game where certain races cant be a certain class so idk why my friends dont stay

(they are probably just too invested into other games)

i started back up on the p2p server last night and already am in a guild and was chatting with some other people so it actually wasnt too badly unpopulated but yeah its still far from being populated enough to keep the game going so i realy hope that changes fast

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 3:17pm

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 10:29pm

The camera bounces to the rhythm of my character running. It's not my computer. A lot of FPS games use the same effect. No idea what's going on if no one else is seeing it. The game runs smoothly for me, no stutter or framerate drop when spinning the camera quickly or anything like that. It's not like the run speed is fast enough to cause problems like that anyway.

Very weird.

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 11:23pm

The camera bounces to the rhythm of my character running. It's not my computer. A lot of FPS games use the same effect. No idea what's going on if no one else is seeing it. The game runs smoothly for me, no stutter or framerate drop when spinning the camera quickly or anything like that. It's not like the run speed is fast enough to cause problems like that anyway.

Very weird
yeah that is weird i dont think ive ever notcied that while i played

but now i will

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 11:24pm

Cortath

Trainee

I've noticed many old-timers coming back recently, Including myself. I counted approximately ten others returning this week alone. And that's only the hand full that posted on the forums. Surely many more are just playing and not minding the boards. The population is growing, but will it retain? The Allods Staff are working, maybe not as hard and actively as some would want, maybe some of them don't engage with the community first hand as most of us would like, but there's a big part of work being done behind the scenes. The outcome of their labor is somewhat lacking, for we have big expectation, but you can't please everyone, right? There's a compromise - it is up to us, the community to retain our fellow players. When you see someone giving up on the game, try to talk them out of it. Help a newbie with a quest, aid those needing of help etc. People will stay, they will spend and that will fund the Allods team... Although, I'm not sure if proper funding will result in bettering of the game itself.

- 2 cents.
May Tensess have mercy on your soul, for I shall have none.

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 12:04am

lithrium

Beginner

Lol decided to log back into this server to only see it was as deserted as when I left.
Ultimately decided to head back to my F2P character lol.

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 12:12am

Lol decided to log back into this server to only see it was as deserted as when I left.
Ultimately decided to head back to my F2P character lol.
yeah sadly thats how it was when i logged on too :( i just wish it was better populated i want this to succeed so much lol

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 12:45am

lithrium

Beginner

Lol well blame all the ligs that didn't want to que for any skirmirshes or anything because we'd destroy them. Them not queing for PvP ultimately destroyed this server.

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 7:30am

Lol well blame all the ligs that didn't want to que for any skirmirshes or anything because we'd destroy them. Them not queing for PvP ultimately destroyed this server.
That applies to NA p2p only.
For glory.

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 11:36am

That applies to NA p2p only.

This.

Two weeks after EU server launch BGs were going pretty much all day, every day except for Thursdays (key day).

I'm sad people will only remember Black score for being exploiters (if at all). That guild really wanted things done. Had Maeron banned 4 people who actually exploited rather than 25+, this server would look much different now.

Can't be 100% positive on that, but I suspect that if Black score wasn't destroyed, their mortal enemies on the empire (Natural selection) would not have left the server either. Competition between those two was so fierce (and so even), this is what the server needs - two guilds of 'mortal enemies', one of each faction.

Rate this thread