You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 8:10pm

Firehusary

Beginner

• "Firehusary" started this thread

Is AO still worth playing?

Hello.

I was playing Allods Online for ~2 years ago. Howerer, I have taken a break last year.
Is AO still worth playing? I saw now the game is supported by Mail.ru (I guess I was lucky, because I transfered without needing a ticket xD). Are there any major changes? I enjoyed playing Scout back in the time, but now I decided to play Enginner, but that's not the topic.
What's about community? Are many players playing her, or just the old fans?

Peter

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 8:53pm

game is great, has become better in many aspects

scout can no longer miss and will get soon a upgrade which makes it better
engineer is the worst class atm but next patch shall fix this

major change is levl 60 cap and that there are new attributes which allow small selfheal for all classes(bloodlust); this makes leveling great even as mage or scout

server is VERY full, you see players nearly everywhere at almost every time

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 8:57pm

Buuhuu

Intermediate

Also there is a new art of collecting gear with wellebell., with next patch astral-group-finder comes back. On p2p-Server the population is very low at the moment.
On f2p-Server there is high population. Btw as you can see, the servers from EU and NA got merged.
I think it is still worth playing, but you have to answer it on your own, give it a try and you'll see, if you want to go on playing :thumbsup:
BAUA POWA!

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 11:28pm

Cortath

Trainee

I've also returned recently. The game is definitely worth playing again. Give it a go and see for yourself.
May Tensess have mercy on your soul, for I shall have none.

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 8:48am

I have also returned after a long time away (lvl 40 was the cap then). I find it is now fun to lvl even with out the cash shop (as it was in beta) and I have donated to get runes as they are no longer on the gear but with the character so they make life a great improvedment. Many other changes since then they I also like.

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 3:27am

Leah

Beginner

I have also returned after a long time away (lvl 40 was the cap then). I find it is now fun to lvl even with out the cash shop (as it was in beta) and I have donated to get runes as they are no longer on the gear but with the character so they make life a great improvedment. Many other changes since then they I also like.
Wow you must have been gone for a LONG time :D welcome back to the game!

Wednesday, June 25th 2014, 3:46pm

Firehusary

Beginner

I just found 1 thing.
Inflantion.
Rly, 56g for a crystal or ~5000g for a costume? :( Back in my days, it was max 5 and 300 xD

Wednesday, June 25th 2014, 3:59pm

The price should go down after the prophetic cards stop dropping. These cards introduced quite a lot of new costumes and charming dogs that people want and they're still farming their asses off to get what they want.

However, it should be noted that now farming at 30 gold per minute is very easy. Getting to 40 or 60 isn't that hard either, but requires some special devotion. Back in your day, people did not make 3600g/hour. :3
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, June 25th 2014, 8:30pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

The price should go down after the prophetic cards stop dropping. These cards introduced quite a lot of new costumes and charming dogs that people want and they're still farming their asses off to get what they want.

However, it should be noted that now farming at 30 gold per minute is very easy. Getting to 40 or 60 isn't that hard either, but requires some special devotion. Back in your day, people did not make 3600g/hour. :3
Back in the day when they introduced koe I easily made there ~1200g/h and often up to 1500g/h. 1 cc costed 15 g (sometimes even 12g cause there wasnt any bc exchange npc).

Now do the math

1cc = 15g
1000cc = 15 000g
1000cc = 3850 bc without any cc sale (best offer)
15 000 ÷ 3850 = 3.9
1bc = 3.9g

Can you see it now? 56g to 3.9g exchange rate while you could farm 1200g compared to 3600g now...almost same ;)
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Wednesday, June 25th 2014, 8:59pm

Firehusary

Beginner

Considering I'm not yet lvl 60... xD
I just found a strange thing. I had 2550 premium crystals, while I never donated the game o_O

Wednesday, June 25th 2014, 9:09pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Considering I'm not yet lvl 60... xD
I just found a strange thing. I had 2550 premium crystals, while I never donated the game o_O

BUY RUNES, NOT VANITY, OR YOU'LL REGRET IT.

Wednesday, June 25th 2014, 11:01pm

Back in the day when they introduced koe I easily made there ~1200g/h and often up to 1500g/h. 1 cc costed 15 g (sometimes even 12g cause there wasnt any bc exchange npc).

Now do the math

1cc = 15g
1000cc = 15 000g
1000cc = 3850 bc without any cc sale (best offer)
15 000 ÷ 3850 = 3.9
1bc = 3.9g

Can you see it now? 56g to 3.9g exchange rate while you could farm 1200g compared to 3600g now...almost same ;)

My memory for when KoE was introduced isn't very clear, honestly. I remember in the 4.x patch cycle, I farmed at 10-12 gold per minute, that I could get up to 15-20 if I popped pat5 and elixirs, and now I easily reach 30 gold per minute, or 40-60 if I do the amalgam quest.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!