You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 12:50pm

Quoted

Quoted from "Bloodraven"

Scout isnt a shitty class, you just have to admit that you're shit at playing it.

Being disapointed by a class doesn't mean that you forcedly playing it bad, but you seems to be just too retarded to understand such a simple basic fact.

If u think you're a god of the game because you've been top dps one time in a server populated with 50-70 peoples, 3 active guilds, and almost non-existent pvp, that's your problem. It doesn't show how fine scouts are supposed to be, it just show how pathetic you are.

The fact is that devs don't pay any attention to this server, and scouts get rework only because russian scout players are massively disgusted from this class. You can insult all of them, calling them qqer or anything that can make you feel superior, that won't change the fact that scouts are NOT a desired class, whether in CF dominion or in astral parties.

And btw the fact that you don't want people to enjoy this class:

Quoted

On topic, no , scouts got a pretty good "small buff" with 4.4 patch, I would hate to see scouts get same rework as warrs and suddenly everyone and their mother wants to main it now hue.
dosen't mean that scouts are not allowed to play a decent class.

But yes you can continue to claim that scouts are sooo fine and sooo perfect, and that everyone else who not agree with that is a shit player. That's surely the reason why you rerolled to a paladin.
NA p2p had your estimted population towards its end, not at the begining, and you're talking there about old asc players that knew their class better than everyone else :S . And yes, I outdps'd them all, on equal footing in gear, and not only once ^^.

Lol at you for the last sentence, I quit p2p once there was nothing more for me there, aka no players left on the server, and yeah, last few days of activity I rerolled paladin because the remaining 18 players on the server needed a tank for tep's. You talk of p2p, saying things like " no pvp happened there" like you played there yourself, I'd really like to know who you were there if its true just to laugh at you. I can assure you, until NA p2p colapsed in late january pvp happened there, and so did after the EU/NA merge.

And no, as much as you like to fantasize, RU players are not all godlike or know the game inside out, there are as much tards playing there as they are here. I've read their forums, and there are scouts who agree with the 5.2 changes and there are some who don't, just like here.

Bottom line still remains, scout hasnt been updated much since it's last major rework in 3.0, but it IS a viable class both in pve and pvp, regardless of what the common morron thinks.
For glory.

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 12:59pm

Quoted

You talk of p2p, saying things like " no pvp happened there" like you played there yourself, I'd really like to know who you were there if its true just to laugh at you.

I'm just saying what someone playing there said himself so laugh at him if you want:

Quoted

2°) Population is low but veterans are coming back little by little and new players come too. Lets say 30-40 active players on league and i think 20-30 on Imp side.

3°) Three guild i saw at the moments that are not ruins (meaning that you only see them taggin dominion) which are Nacktaktiv (imp) , Golden "something" (imp) , and New Horizon (league) , Alliance for thoses who wonder merged with us.

4°) Pvp at the moment is almost non existant. Only dominion works , sometime June Catacombs , Some open pvp when you meet an infortunous other faction guy.

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 1:13pm

Effreti

Trainee

Well, most of the russian complains were about the minimum range requirements for double shot (which is getting removed with the rework) and the role of melee scouts in parties (currently, there is no reason to take one in party instead of a warrior or pally). And the scale of the rework is more in line with what paladins got a while back, a few tweaks and changed skills. I would say it's for the better, scouts are decent now, yes, but that doesn't mean a few quality of life changes aren't welcomed. I, for one, can't wait to try tanking on my scout :)
Effreti - 75 Scout Empire - 75 Paladin - 75 Druid - New frontier
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 1:18pm

Resha

Intermediate

Warden > all (sadly :()
Drood retraité !

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 1:22pm

Quoted

You talk of p2p, saying things like " no pvp happened there" like you played there yourself, I'd really like to know who you were there if its true just to laugh at you.

I'm just saying what someone playing there said himself so laugh at him if you want:

Quoted

2°) Population is low but veterans are coming back little by little and new players come too. Lets say 30-40 active players on league and i think 20-30 on Imp side.

3°) Three guild i saw at the moments that are not ruins (meaning that you only see them taggin dominion) which are Nacktaktiv (imp) , Golden "something" (imp) , and New Horizon (league) , Alliance for thoses who wonder merged with us.

4°) Pvp at the moment is almost non existant. Only dominion works , sometime June Catacombs , Some open pvp when you meet an infortunous other faction guy.

And I was talking about a scouts performance compared to the top players that played there at it's begginings, when everything flourished, players that again were top on f2p and switched over, not about the remnants of players left on p2p right now, with I know it's only a few.

Anyway efreti put it right, there's no place for a melee scout in pt, but that's more of an inconvenience for those who are adamant on playing a melee pve scout, not a major class flaw. If they make melee scouts viable in pve, so be it, but from there to saying ranged scout is borderline useless is a long way.
For glory.

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 2:11pm

In PVE scout is easily a top 5 DPSer in a raid. And in PVP scout takes a special kind of skill to play right. In Champ dominions you CAN take a scout into the fight and still win. BUT the issue is if you get charged by 2-3 warriors and flying bladed by a bard. you are oh so very dead. Scout can't survive some combos when it involves multiple classes. The invis is far too easy to get around and with willpower the scouts long term CCs are near useless against the top players. That DOESN'T mean scout is useless seeing as how scouts are capable of chunking out 80% of peoples hp in a matter of seconds.

Scout is far from useless in terms of damage output and in PVP it requires far more attention than most classes. In right hands, scout is a very hard hitter and a dangerous thing to leave unattended
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 3:45pm

Well thank you everyone who has kept on topic and given me useful and productive feedback! :P Cheers

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 5:40pm

Scout top 5 dps in raid, I honestly doubt that.

Warrios, Bards, DPS healers, DPS pallys are better in my opinion. That doesnt mean it's impossible (a great great geared scout with high runes can certainly compete) but otherwise there is still a big difference.

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 7:15pm

Im usually in top 5 when doing raids and honestly if the scout isn't stupid and knows how to play a class that takes more then 3 skills they will outdps most people without issue. single target very rarely should a warrior win in that. and in AoE pulls, depending on the type of mobs the scouts will almost always win it (given the right skills off cool down) Gear does help and sure runes do help to. BUT wont mean crap if you don't know how to play a class. Keeping ranging fire/Incend arrow up at all times and having a good stat balance, really only a bard or a mage should be able to come close. AoE pull mage will likely always win due to ice meteor and surge being stupidly OP but you can still remain within a few % of that. timing is pretty much everything to scout, and utilizing brutality with art of killing rubies will do a lot also. In a AoE pull save explosive shot for 30% on the mobs instead of doing it at 100%. Will do very nice damage combined with Tesla spam.

The biggest down fall to scout is that people want the lazy class. With scout you have to keep refreshing your arrows reapplying dots and debuffs to the mobs. There is also a factor of luck based into scouts for PVE on how often does double shot reset. Ive seen fights where 1 scout had 28 double shots when the other scout only got 17. Also, I have never been outdpsed by a dps pally. I have had some come close to matching me in quick Aoe bursts but never even compared on a single target fight
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 9:22am

A melee's scout purpose was not to dps in the first place, survival wise I admit it's not the most beefy option out there, but it shouldnt be either.

So if it's not a dps, and it's not a tank (non-top survival), and it's not a healer (melee anything != healer), what is it?
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 9:29am

Resha

Intermediate

A melee's scout purpose was not to dps in the first place, survival wise I admit it's not the most beefy option out there, but it shouldnt be either.

So if it's not a dps, and it's not a tank (non-top survival), and it's not a healer (melee anything != healer), what is it?

It's a CCer. Put a melee scout on the healer enemy, the healer will do nothing but crying wathching its team dying while he cannot do anything.
Drood retraité !

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 9:36am

In pve nothing, a melee scout has absolutely no place in pve compared to a ranged scout. Again, this is not a class flaw, it's just an inconvenience for the hipsters who dont want to roll a warrior or phys pala and want another melee class in pve.

In pvp it's main role would be to stun a target, ofc we're talking about pre-lvl 60 cap patch with the old stats where a scout could easily run a conv pot/elixir and fully stunlock a target without breaking a sweat. Adapt to new situations, melee is still viable with the new stat system, and it's still viable ( altough the new willpower system is a major step backwards to a melee cc spec'd scout, it isn't impossible ).

Again, if you expect a scout to be as tanky as a warr or paladin only because you refer to its curent spec as " melee" you are wrong, it was never supposed to be like this and im saddened to see that this is the way they are going to build it post 5.2 buff.
For glory.

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 11:17am

It's a CCer. Put a melee scout on the healer enemy, the healer will do nothing but crying wathching its team dying while he cannot do anything.

OK, got it. I keep forgetting that the "trinity" of heal, dps, tank needs to be expanded to a tetrinity (?) of heal, dps, tank, cc. bah. and I'm not sure this really qualifies as "*crowd* control" either, stunlocking *one* enemy, but point taken.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 11:46am

Quoted

Quoted

Are you tonalya from f2p? yeah i can understand why you think scouts are shit hehe

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 12:49pm

Effreti

Trainee

Well, i waited a long time for melee scout, i like the play style, but i shouldn't be penalized for choosing it if i want to do pve stuff with it. I currently don't have greatness, maybe with a dual build it will be ok, but right now i have no place in this game, except for solo farming and running around doing quests.
Effreti - 75 Scout Empire - 75 Paladin - 75 Druid - New frontier
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 1:09pm

think i played allmost all classes and saw all top players since few years from every class
so if your a new player

make either a
/paladin (if you like to tank)
/mage (if you wanna 1 shot pretty much anything)
/healer (if your a girl)
/bard ( even if you suck you will still get invites to astral/raids/pvp)
/summoner (annoying piece of **** ,best mass pvp class)
/warrior ( faceroll 3-4 buttons)
/warden (low dps.. maybe decent in BGs...well they still have vodka and energy buff)
/scout ( lower dps than mage/bard/warrior---fun in pvp but boring in pve)
/psi ( wannabe best 1v1 class but useless in anything related to allods endgame)
/engi (didnt see yet a good engi with gear so cant tell...but atm a sadomazo class)

all allods needs are paladins/mages/healers/bards
rest is just situational and based on your taste and what you plan on doing ingame ^^

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 2:07pm

Resha

Intermediate

/warden (low dps.. maybe decent in BGs...well they still have vodka and energy buff)
LOL. It's not because you play with support warden that he cannot be a great DPS.
Warden is / was / and will stay a very good DPS especially in single target where he is in the top DPS. He could be even 1st DPS if the pet & vortex was not bugged with latency ^^.
Drood retraité !

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 3:58pm

Cortath

Trainee

/summoner (annoying piece of **** ,best mass pvp class)

Thank you.
May Tensess have mercy on your soul, for I shall have none.

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 5:00pm

/healer (if your a girl)

Sexist.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 5:33pm

/healer (if your a girl)

Sexist.

cmon, everybody prefers a female nurse over a male :P