You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 3:33pm

Ankush

Trainee

• "Ankush" started this thread

Connection established connection broken

Hi,
I am getting connected and disconnected while trying to login.

screen says.
Account server : A connection was established to host auth.allods.com, port#9340 ,login:xxxxxx
Connection broken:A connection could not be established.

Is this because the progressive download is still ongoing?

also the login page says version updated 06/26/2014.

If I am not supposed to play while progressive download is going on why the hell Play option on mygames goes green

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 3:35pm

Quoted

Dear community,

Due to some unforeseen problems we have to extend the maintenance time for 2 more hours.
We apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
-Your Allods Team

check back in 1hr 30mins

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 3:37pm

Ankush

Trainee

:) my bad should have checked notices. was under assumption all is done 30 mins back

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 3:45pm

IAmGroot

Professional

:) my bad should have checked notices. was under assumption all is done 30 mins back

I'm not sure if you're new here or not.
If you are...NEVER expect maintenance to happen on time.
With our old publisher...we only had maintenance end early ONE TIME (on a big patch day) and that was the 51 patch.
So that shows you how long ago that way.

To be fair though, our new publisher seems to be a bit better at getting their act together, but still nothing to gloat about.
We'll see in upcoming updates if they can make transitions smoothly.

I still don't understand how we can't get everything done right and on time the first time since the RU servers already have all these patches and have been implemented for months...but...I'm no programmer, so idk what goes on, it just seems really weird to me.

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 4:03pm

Ankush

Trainee

I still don't understand how we can't get everything done right and on time the first time since the RU servers already have all these patches and have been implemented for months...but...I'm no programmer, so idk what goes on, it just seems really weird to me.

All the issues rectifications should be done in offline testing. I mean you upgrade a game on test pc and when everything thing is OK release patch to update all.
Most funny was last time when launcher wasn't working after update, that's like basic test.
But nevermind my comments, being very new to game I am in no position to say anything to developers (Yet).

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 4:05pm

jup, as said, the maintenance is still ongoing.

@ HCL
Just because something installs correctly 100 times in a row.. it doesn't mean there might not be a problem installing something on the 101st time.
There are so many elements that can go wrong, its not just put the files in one place and done..
The database cleaning might take longer then planned (or crash completely..), the updating process might take longer then planned (or even not want to work).. the numerous distribution servers might not want to accept the uploaded files / they might not want to work at all.. etc (thats just a few things that come to mind.. I'm not even privy to the whole process myself..)*

(*just hypothetical errors that I have experienced in my years in the games industry, I'm not saying those are the actual issues here.)

edit:
@Ankush, sometimes, even with 100% testing, things can still go wrong. I've seen it a few times (in the past).. we've tested it numerous times on numerous different test servers under the same conditions as a live server yet when it comes to release it just didn't want to work. sometimes things just go wrong.. no real reason for it.. it just happens.
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wraith02" (Jul 2nd 2014, 4:11pm)

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 4:05pm

To be fair though, our new publisher seems to be a bit better at getting their act together, but still nothing to gloat about.
We'll see in upcoming updates if they can make transitions smoothly.
What new publisher do you have in mind? ?( The game has gone back to its developers.

Which now only makes all realise that the ex-publishers had nothing to do with the downtime for uploading new patches and stuff. It has always been in developer's hands and these developers has always taken their time when it comes to any outside of Russia servers.

Maybe webzen weren't the best at what they did but I really don't see any changes to this game at the moment. There is still no actual marketing or anything else that players used to complain about when the publishing and promotion of the game was in ex-gala's responsibility.

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 4:11pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I guess that's a reasonable explanation.

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 4:16pm

Ankush

Trainee

jup, as said, the maintenance is still ongoing.

@ HCL
Just because something installs correctly 100 times in a row.. it doesn't mean there might not be a problem installing something on the 101st time.
There are so many elements that can go wrong, its not just put the files in one place and done..
The database cleaning might take longer then planned (or crash completely..), the updating process might take longer then planned (or even not want to work).. the numerous distribution servers might not want to accept the uploaded files / they might not want to work at all.. etc (thats just a few things that come to mind.. I'm not even privy to the whole process myself..)*

(*just hypothetical errors that I have experienced in my years in the games industry, I'm not saying those are the actual issues here.)

edit:
@Ankush, sometimes, even with 100% testing, things can still go wrong. I've seen it a few times (in the past).. we've tested it numerous times on numerous different test servers under the same conditions as a live server yet when it comes to release it just didn't want to work. sometimes things just go wrong.. no real reason for it.. it just happens.

I was always under assumption that when developer gives down time estimation, all the mentioned points are considered. Or is it that here downtime is mentioned based on time it takes if all things go right.
Being said that I also understand that shit happens so it all ok but try to give practical downtimes and don't add more downtime every update. once, twice even 5 times estimates can go wrong but not everytime.

You must understand I am in so much hurry to play this awesome game.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ankush" (Jul 2nd 2014, 4:22pm)

Rate this thread