You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 3rd 2014, 12:50pm

changes in GB

I saw they made some changes in GB. And i got some suggestions (or change-backs).

1st. SHORTEN the goblinball playing time!!! 10 minutes is way too long, 5minutes is more than enough! Normally if u were the winning team (like if u played 3 vs 4) u won with like 8-1, now its almost doubled to 16-2 because of the long playing time. If u ask me, thats bullshit, because 8-1 is as much win as 16-2 is....`

2nd. Delete the Solid defense movey thing. Moving with this on is just overpowered if u get with 3 guys around 1 guy with the ball u lose it instantly. I say, put goblinball back like it was before the update.....

Friday, July 4th 2014, 8:47am

Really, do it. U cant even start normally from the middle if 2-3 or even 4 guys spam left and right...... And atleast reduce the playing time to 5,6,7 minutes or so. Its almost never tie so u know from 2 minutes on u will win or lose, so useless to play 8 more minutes...

Friday, July 4th 2014, 9:11am

freestile

Professional

I personnaly prefer GB like it's now This gives more opportunity to defend and therefore encourages to play more quickly and precisely if you want to score a goal. I think it's more fun to play now

Friday, July 4th 2014, 12:34pm

Alafff

Intermediate

it is more like it was before 5.0.00 , And so it is more fun
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Friday, July 4th 2014, 12:52pm

Slashing the play time in half should mean slashing the rewards in half as well. :3 Nah, the playtime is fine and the rewards are more than worth it.

The second point - all this to happen, you actually have to let it happen. If you know that being surrounded by 3 enemies means losing the ball, why would you let that happen? Why would you pass within the range of 3 enemies? Why would you let them surround you? Plan ahead and play fast. This has always been the rule of Goblinball. Yes - being surrounded should mean losing the ball. Now don't let that happen.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, July 4th 2014, 6:51pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

It would actually work if they slash the time to 5 minutes. All they have to do then is increase daily visit to 10 per day and halve the rewards for a single goblinball match. I know it wouldn't change THAT much but people wouldn't have to bother staying and wasting their time in a lost match that long.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Saturday, July 5th 2014, 2:11pm

It would actually work if they slash the time to 5 minutes. All they have to do then is increase daily visit to 10 per day and halve the rewards for a single goblinball match. I know it wouldn't change THAT much but people wouldn't have to bother staying and wasting their time in a lost match that long.
Thats exactly what i mean. The Win or Lose is almost everytime decided after 2-3 minutes, so why play the other 7-8 minutes? Only the suffering takes shorter if the games are 5minutes hehe.... :P

Saturday, July 5th 2014, 2:58pm

By the same logic, it can be made that the match only lasts until one team scores. :/ Often enough you can turn games around, and it happens and if you observe how your games go you will see that this is true. 10 minutes give people with brains enough time to see how the enemy team works and beat them, even if they lose hard in the first few minutes - you see the attack pattern (no matter if it is an intentional one or not, if it works once they will use it a second time), you see how you can defend against it and turn the game around. 10 minutes is good time. Instead you should demand that players get better and use their brains. :|
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Saturday, July 5th 2014, 3:35pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

I kinda agree with Biromir on this one. You have players who could be trained at goblinball better on one side, and devs on the other side. You pretty much know well yourself which of the sides is more likely to give in.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 11:42am

Well, just had a team with 3 braindead kids or something liek that. And it was 6-0 after 2minutes already so instant lost. For me 10minutes is way too long, and yes, i agree, if you have a SMART team you can turn the score around and win. But you NEVER get a smart team.... But i guess a single player can't change the rules...

And also found a bug, when the red team scores it says: READ team SCORES! or something like that, so "read" should be changed into "red" :D .

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 2:32pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

It said Red before tho.. xD

And can't you sign with a pre-made team after 5.0 patch? I dunno and can't try because I retired some time ago.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Monday, July 7th 2014, 8:35am

A little off-topic, but it matters goblinball: Is Monster Inc. on the league side now? Because i was placed 3v3 against 2 monster inc. players, and i never won so easy. Those guys are good $$ spenders to get the best items and stuff, but they are not good in gb lol.... Everytime i had one in my team we lost. And now they joined league (I assume), and I win more easily, good job guys! :D

Monday, July 7th 2014, 10:18am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

Monster Inc in league? How is that even possible? :D

On a side note, there are, or rather were, good gball players in Minc too. They just stopped playing it because getting gold turns out to be easier elsewhere.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Monday, July 7th 2014, 10:43am

Skirmishes are not always League vs Empire or Empire vs League. Sometimes, it's Leave vs League or Empire vs Empire. I've seen it happen in GB, WH and Domi.

Rate this thread