You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, July 5th 2014, 2:03pm

The only reason p2p players are experiencing 'discomfort' from smaller bag or slower mount is because there's not enough players on either faction to form a guild capable of regularly defeating Tep every week.

Magic Carpet mount and 54 slot bag are enough. Can you have more on f2p? Sure. Will you notice any comfort difference? Hell no. It's like with frames per second. Sure, you can get 100+ fps but human eye won't notice any difference going over 60.

In my opinion, mounts like Wraith and Manabike are obnoxious, they are way out of line with their abilities. The whole additional layer of combat that those introduce (with every player forced to have a Thunderstrike keybound and mana batteries in their bag) is causing real discomfort, much more than a smaller bag or slower mount. Concept with "levelling" mounts trough mount feed is pretty ridiculous too.

I actually tried to come back and play a while on the f2p server but after experiencing the game on p2p, it's just not going to happen.

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 1:26am

10€ for playing a dead server...

That's a good point in your arguments. But try to be objective. The next 100€ that you are willing to spend in TrashShop... save'em. Buy 1-2 months of P2P subscription... Play time enough to reach endgame (what it's really DOABLE for a newcomer that starts from scratch. Something impossible to imagine if we were talking about f2p)

If we were able to bring ppl to p2p server and let'em SEE THE TRUE Allods online... f2p would be dead.

Seriously you can not opine about something you have no idea.... Play time enough (like you say) p2p server and see what we are talking about.

We have had to deal with huge issues of population in p2p server, overall in league side but even with such problemas I think, we all enjoyed the game much more than in F2P.

the more ppl understand that to play games is something related to "have fun" and "enjoy the expierience" (instead of buying confort and time with real money) more ppl will land in p2p server.

I would like to know the opinion of those guildies of Ascendancy that played F2P and P2P. Hardcore players in F2P (what means a huge invest of $) amd hardcore players in P2P (what means a huge invest of time.... well didn't took to much to clear p2p server :-) )

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 3:18am

Sure, you can get 100+ fps but human eye won't notice any difference going over 60

i absolutely diagree here
while some ppl do not even see the difference between 25 and 60 FPS some even see differences between 200 and 250
most screens however do not display more than 60Hz so you cannot see (but still feel) the higher fps; this is maybe what you mean?

In my opinion, mounts like Wraith and Manabike are obnoxious, they are way out of line with their abilities. The whole additional layer of combat that those introduce (with every player forced to have a Thunderstrike keybound and mana batteries in their bag) is causing real discomfort, much more than a smaller bag or slower mount.

i personnaly do not care so much about the combatabilities BUT about the topspeed
if there would be a pegasusmount without healingskill for example i think it would be great
in allods EU for example there were battlemounts for some time but without attackskills, something like this solution
.... or just make the humpy-horsemout 17m/s :)

Concept with "levelling" mounts trough mount feed is pretty ridiculous too.

i agree here
thankfully there is not so much diference between the levels however and since mountfood is free its only a matter of time beofre the mount gets maxlevel

Monday, July 7th 2014, 6:11pm

Xaraman

Trainee

The next 100€ that you are willing to spend in TrashShop... save'em. Buy 1-2 months of P2P subscription... Play time enough to reach endgame (what it's really DOABLE for a newcomer that starts from scratch. Something impossible to imagine if we were talking about f2p)

If we were able to bring ppl to p2p server and let'em SEE THE TRUE Allods online... f2p would be dead.

This is actually a good point.

For the guys who do spend a reasonable amount of money on the p2w (€30-50 per month) maybe spend one months worth of p2w on 3 months of p2p, get to endgame and see what you prefer. I know it will slow you down a little on the p2w server, but with 5.0.2 coming and more revamps happening, it may be better to spend your time on the p2p server till the patch comes, rather than spend money on things that may or may not be nerfed. Although I don't think it would be the death of the p2w server, it may open some peoples eyes about the difference between the p2p model and the "f2p" model.

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 8:33pm

Then tell Allods Support Team to put some money on advertising (steam for example) to do more free trial weeks, to bring ppl and see who gets hooked.

The truth is that this game need to be known, way more than it's right now

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 9:43pm

Logged in. Went novo. 4 players, 2 afk, 2 ran in tower behind guards. Not worth it imo, if they cant atleast pvp without guards after 3ish mounts without pvp, it isnt worth coming back just for the pve side of the game.

That's whats going on with this server.
For glory.

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 7:38am

Bringme more ppl. Equal amount to every faction and I will give you as many pvp as u wish.

Don't you realise that, Allods EU/NA has been living of the very same players for so long? I mean. Half server population know the second half. It's always the same ppl, same players. That's why they had to merge servers so many times.

There's no playbase, there's no regeneration of players and It's partially faullt of p2w server (The implemented business model has scared people that didn't dare to give it a shot), plus p2p has arrived too late, plus p2p has no advertising (how the hell do they expect to bring new players with free subscription if there's no advertisments).

Ah no! Im wrong, it had some advertising , the worst one from p2winners that even not playing p2p dared to give useless opinions that contributed to confuse possible new players.

Of course, they ran away from p2w server aswell so.... nobody wins. Neither p2w nor p2p.

Trust me, It's a huge problem of management.

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 8:32am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

I'm wondering why they didn't shut p2p server down alredy. No one is
playing there and even if, that number is so insignificant that they
shouldn't bother to piss off these few ppl, it would'n make any
diference.
I mean, keeping servers up costs money right ? P2p was
free allmost 4 months now which means 4 months of zero revenue from that
server. They actually loosing money on keeping this server up. It just
doesn't make any sence. /yea, like it ever did/

So how about go
compleatly nuts with that server and just swich on and off certain
features and see what combination will appeal to players which will
result with player numbers rising and when certain cobination of
features meest with apropriate player number, than introduce
subscription.

And by compleatly nutz i mean really really NUTZZ. For ex:
Someone
here proposed to give players instant lv 55 chars - go for it. See what
happens and after week or two You can allways delete those chars and
restore status quo.
Free, instant private allod for everyone ? Why not ?
Unbound every item that is in game so it could be sold in Ah ? Man i'm going for a popcorn :D
Unlimited BG entry? Where are my 3D glasses ? xD
Pre-Gipat pach test server?! (if it's possible) - now that is INTERESTING ;]
...and many many more, just see what works :)
Well
You know what I mean by compleatly nutz. Test some things out. You
don't get any cash from it anyway so what You have to loose ?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Spinecrawler" (Jul 9th 2014, 8:47am)

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 12:23pm

Pre-Gipat pach test server?! (if it's possible) - now that is INTERESTING ;]

Those server files are actually floating about in the shady corners of the Internet :D
Of course making use of them and starting to host it would be against Terms of Service.

By all means, I am not giving anyone any hints with this.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jul 9th 2014, 12:30pm)

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 6:42pm

lithrium

Beginner

Well if you're craving PvP just fight Charles lol. He graces Yasker's with his presence a lot.

EDIT: Not sure if lig is the same, but I've seen a new influx of level 55 players come back. A lot are back, but leveling. Hopefully in the next 3-5 months skirms start to pop.

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 10:39pm

Alafff

Intermediate

Got another idea for p2p server

Something like a passive Fremium which work in tier.

We keep the server free but we allow people who want to pay to do it.

So each beginning of the month people begin at Tier 0 which is server like it is now.
When you buy sub you go at tier 1. When enought money is gathered , the whole server go up by one tier.
So the free players go to tier 1 and the sub to tier 2. Etc etc....

What give the tier? For basic tier , Something like a month wide lucky moment : Raise of exp won , Raise of reputation , Raise on quest rewards , Raise on loot or gold.

For more advanced tier , something like "Costume of the month" or "Mount Pattern of the Month" + Commemorative coins etc etc.

Put the objective for tier in crystal , so each person who pay can give the money he want with a minimum of 1000 crystal (price of sub)

Pros :

Server stay free and CS Free
Normal Subscribers get advantages over Free users. Better Rates etc
Free uses still get advantages even tought less than subscribers , giving them perhaps the will to subscribe.
Mail.ru will finally begin to make money on P2P server
People who wish to give more , can and will help the whole server by the way.

Cons :
People who pay at end of month will enjoy less than the one paying at beginning of month , cause of server reset at end of each month.
System will cost money and time to be created and implemented.
People will still whine about difference between sub users and free ones.
And probably Wraith's Boss will not give a f** about it , which will give it chance to become real of 0%

Please be constructive about it
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 8:17am

The problem, I think, is that under this proposal as written, p02p (pay zero to play, not the same thing as free to play) users get a free ride up the tiers, which isn't going to be good for the morale of the p2p players. It's like a group project in school or uni - the slacker who never does anything, or certainly not his fair share, will get the same group grade as the others even though they did all (most) of the work and he did (almost) nothing, and nobody except the slacker likes that.

And to preserve the character of the server, the advantages should be no more than cosmetic (no runes, no P5, no combat mounts, etc.).
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 8:47am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

I also think that little to no one will pay in that kind of model. Unfortunately .

If it was up to me i would remove all p2w stuff and put some premium, uber badass, fun looking or hilarious animations in CS for skills, emotes, mounts, weapons, costumes and so on. So free user will get basic animations, but is you decide to pay than Gandalf my old friend, expect a spectacle to remember ;]. And there could be tiers of skill looks upgrade to suck a bit more cash from users.
/mass pvp would be a gpu killer xD but who cares :P there allways could be option to disable "advanced" animations for BGs and mass pvp/

Some time ago everyone on the server(s) got random free tier 5 battle mount (manabike, throne, spider an so on) for a period of 2-3 days plus random skin to that mount.

That was jackpot ! Man that was so much fun :D Introduce that to p2p server.
Every month players get a random, high tier mount with a random skin for it for a limited time (3 days?).

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 9:28am

Alafff

Intermediate

The goal of upgrading free users too is to not make this server p2w too , Yeah the one who pay got more advantage than the one who don't . Yeah the free users are leeches. But job is to be sure that if for exemple Tier 10 is obtained , Then sub users will not be able to crush free users in 10 less time. Keep difference between paid and free , But to allow everyone to benefit from it

(And yeah if sub come back i will pay)

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 9:50am

I don't think people who suggest the subscription server go free2play have their mind together. If 1 out of 4 people got one friend to try out the subscription server, that would be 25% increase in population for you. Come on, it's not like all of you have no friends. :/
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 10:03am

I think it's pointless to try and create two different user groups on this server, as the point of the server is that everyone is on the same line. That would just violate the whole idea...
Downfall (P2P)
Deliverance (F2P)

"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic f****** hatreds!"

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 10:14am

Alafff

Intermediate

I already put all my friends to Allods . Lots of left , disgusted by the game as it was before , and can't bring them back to p2p , Tried to much time with no success.

P2p have lots of major problem for repopulation.

First is Lack of Ads like allods in general. Some left at gipat , Some at diverse ancient point but general opinion is that allods is only a f2p server and that the p2w thing put it to rock bottom. Almost none of them know of p2p server nor care about it.

Second is uncertainity of free sub. WE all know on thoses forums that it's been 4 month that sub is free , and that it will still la little more. People dont wanna come and make a character on a server that they will not pay for, in its current state. I know for speaking with my guild that almost 60% of it will stop if sub come back now.

Third is internal ads , A newbie coming here , will try f2p , will eventually stay , will eventually get disgusted , But it will take a long time for him to see that 1: There is a Sub server , 2 : It is actually free if he wanna try. Nothing on the homepage say that there is a p2p server. We would neet at least something like a Status server (You know : "Smuggler paradise : Online . Pop : Low . League : Low . Emp Low" with colors)

The list can go on , with no events , No Game Master logged in game at least for helping people. Lots of event we dont have. Lots of funny items , like Finishers, Weapon Vanities , More mount skin, The npc selling wings at elf quarter with a devise we dont know about etc etc

Edit : I've been playing that game since CBT3 in 2009. When p2w began to be too much i went here. Now we need to find a way to make this server change. Instead of saying all my ideas will not work and staying here with nothing to do hoping things will change. We need to find something that will make Wraith go to his russian boss and tell him "Stop drinking Vodka and launch some marketing campaign that will refill both servers and at term give us more money ( So you can buy better vodka)"

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Alafff" (Jul 10th 2014, 10:21am)

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 11:22am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

That pre-gipat test server got my spider sence tingling :D

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 11:33am

The goal of upgrading free users too is to not make this server p2w too , Yeah the one who pay got more advantage than the one who don't . Yeah the free users are leeches. But job is to be sure that if for exemple Tier 10 is obtained , Then sub users will not be able to crush free users in 10 less time. Keep difference between paid and free , But to allow everyone to benefit from it

(And yeah if sub come back i will pay)

You may have missed my point that the benefits of higher tiers should be only cosmetic. There is no power difference. If you don't want to look cool, you don't have to pay, but because the gift items are (account? character?) bound, only those who pay actual money can have them. (They are rewards for paying.)

But there's a strong element of will to p2w among players - that is, some fraction of players expect to have an in-game advantage by paying money, and just getting vanity isn't good enough for them. They'll go to the f2p server, or to other games, so it isn't inherently a problem, unless that fraction is close to 1. (That is, unless the percentage of players who demand p2w advantages if they pay money is close to 100%. I suspect it is.)
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 11:42am

No Game Master logged in game at least for helping people.

I don't get why some people got this weird idea about Game Master activity.

They are best doing their job when completely transparent, they should never ever appear visible in-game, not even on explicit request and should only deal with problems absolutely non-resolvable without technical tools. GMs "organizing events" is just preposterous.

There's at least one major MMO that got this concept right, although I can't stand their game itself.

Rate this thread