You are not logged in.

New Frontier Lag and freeze problem

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 13th 2014, 2:52pm

Windstorm

Trainee

My pc is like 6 months old; I have latest drivers installed ...I'll try that and will see ,thank you Dala .

Sunday, July 13th 2014, 4:45pm

Guza

Intermediate

But my problems are not so serious as the problems some of you have.

Thats normal, becuz not everyone owns a same PC. But as u said even u noticed performance issues, which means there is a problem just some specs handly it better then others.

Sunday, July 13th 2014, 6:53pm

Yulian

Intermediate

• "Yulian" started this thread

About setting I have them on very low since a very long time ago( 3 months old) just to be able to play and I was for a time...
Anyway at least Zurrions answer is somewhat encouraging. Also I know my pc is not at its best but I have the latest drivers installed and I am not looking for a sky high performance with it, but I would like at least the performance with wich I was able to play after my return to game...
P.S.: Windstorm now I see your from Sibiu, nice also Zurrion, Romania also

Sunday, July 13th 2014, 6:55pm

Yulian

Intermediate

Come complain on my thread New frontier lag and freeze problem...

Sunday, July 13th 2014, 8:46pm

About setting I have them on very low since a very long time ago( 3 months old) just to be able to play and I was for a time...

You should check these settings regularly. For me, they get reset pretty often to medium to high quality, and I also need them on minimum.

Monday, July 14th 2014, 1:22pm

Yulian

Intermediate

I know Zurrion mostly they reset when we get a little patch or after wekly maintanance, anyway since last night game performance improved but the same story for a while only I played a gb match been able to tele back properly and then ..., anyway hopefully this week I may improve my pc with some ram (if dad will have mercy on me...) :?:

Tuesday, July 15th 2014, 6:27pm

Xaraman

Trainee

If you think it's a RAM problem (how much do you have on your computer?), have you tried pulling the RAM loading slider all the way back to the left to put more load on your CPU? Or even the other way round, maybe up the slider to take some load off the CPU to see if that helps.

Also; deselect, shadows, cape graphics, mage visual effects and any of the post processing effects (bloom etc.) to see if that helps.

Cheers!

Tuesday, July 15th 2014, 8:20pm

Yulian

Intermediate

My ram its 2gb you could try to read the begining I state there everything about my pc... Anyway thx for explaining that ram slider always wondered what it does exactly I had a vague idea but now I can understand it

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 9:19am

Windstorm

Trainee

Strange ,but I could play this game at max settings without no lag while it was at webzen; after all those merge/patches its getting more and more hard to play because the lag.I've updateing my drivers as Dala told ,lowered the settings for everything (tho imho i have quite decent pc wich is able to run smoothly any other games from net );checked the permissions for my antivirus /firewall etc. Seems nothing helps much,and i tend to consider its a client problem that the devs can"t fix it right now . Very dissapointed...

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 11:25am

Ankush

Trainee

for me the 10 sec freeze after TP started only after 5.0.1 patch. After initial freeze I have no lag problem. The performance bubble is always red now btw.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 2:51pm

Last thing I can think of that you can try is switching between Full screen/Windowed mode.

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 2:04pm

Yulian

Intermediate

"after all those merge/patches its getting more and more hard to play because the lag" Yes Windstorm that seems to happen at me too
"The performance bubble is always red now btw." True also, your not the only one I see complaining about that
Anyways I have 4gb ram now game seems to be working better but still I have a good dose of lag, and game still freezes also I can't change between reinc/main properly cus when I do sometimes I get disconected from game with error during load screen... I forgot to say about this in initial post:D

P.S.: Even if my internet would be at fault for all the lag, that doesn't explain the freezes, no?

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 2:50am

Guza

Intermediate

Game still lags, especially during the day. In goblinball u can see players and ball teleporting all over the place, every 10 secs or so.
You can even feel it in combat especially if u are warden, pet having slow response.
When I ping the server it gives me constant 26ms. I never had such a good latency in mmos, it should work perfectly and yet it lags like I have 200+ ms.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Guza" (Jul 20th 2014, 3:55am)

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 3:21am

Game still lags, especially during the day. In goblinball u can see players ball teleporting all over the place, every 10 secs or so.
You can even feel it in combat especially if u are warden, pet having slow response.
When I ping the server it gives me constant 26ms. I never had such a good latency in mmos, it should work perfectly and yet it lags like I have 200ms.

i can confim all of that :S

i did not ping the server but i feel the lag, its also when in battleground for example you knock away an enemy it suddelny get knocked away like 40 meters instead of 5 and then when attacking the enemy is back on normal position or something
CCs behave weird in general sometimes when many players are online

i really dont know but maybe the server is under too large load?

in general the servermerges in allods only brought performance-decreases.... one when german server was alone everything was fine regarding performance, then we had eu merge and it got worse... and now, where we have merge of all eu servers + northamerica performance is as low as i have never seen it :(

P.S.: Even if my internet would be at fault for all the lag, that doesn't explain the freezes, no?

exactly

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 7:01am

Yulian

Intermediate

Hmp, hmp, hmp something is wrong with their server... I belive it will be a long time until they will turn theire attention to this as it seems all their attention is focused on 5.0. patches

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 12:06pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Lags and freezes... allods has always had them but after patch 5.01. they are a lot worse for me too...

I get around 10 sec freeze every single time the game loads something - from login to game, when teleporting anywhere from anywhere, while switching between incarns and main character etc. And about 10% of times the game crashes right after the teleportation and about 40% of times when going into instance and engaging into first battle (same also in astral allods).

Lately on one of my remade incarns that I've been playing from Lightwood to Eljune, ping has suddenly dropped into deep dark red and that also happens with performance but not simultaneously. I can understand the red performance in Novo, during raids and astral... but in almost empty early zones. Last night when in Eljune, ping dropped suddenly to almost black while killing squirrels at Maddox Depot... there was only 1 other player within the whole area.

I came back playing allods a week before patch 5.01 and it didn't have those lags and freezes (except in Novo during "rush hours"). And there are a lot of others too with similar and even worse problems.. They just don't come on forums for it.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Monday, July 21st 2014, 8:16am

Yulian

Intermediate

Same as me Gwiniel. And yes people don't come on forums, I hate them for that...

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 11:20pm

Yulian

Intermediate

Well this is annoying I was in eljune game was running smooth and nice I went to goblin ball came back(teleported with no freezes) and suddenly game was all laging and hard then I tried going again, after teleporting and loading screen game freezed and after 20-30 secs BAM! I found myself starring at the screen logged out...
Why does it happen? Why game did fine then after i came from gb it crashed?

Friday, July 25th 2014, 11:13am

Yulian

Intermediate

Okay this is official ALLODS YOU HAVE PROBLEMS!!! :cursing: :| So I checked a 2014 released game wich is open beta( don't know if it's okay to post name) Installed it in HALF AND HOUR, half an hour is fast fucking fast! While if I install allods I have to wait hours for full instalation... Played it and for goodness sake I was amazed I actually had less lag, and more fps than in allods on minimum specs( I run allods on minimum spec too) and remember game went out in 2014!! and has ten times better graphics than allods...
SOOOO!!! How do you explain that I have less lag on a 2014 game than in allods wich is a old game plus crap graphics compared to this game I'm talking about????!!!!!! HOW?!!!! X( I won't believe that its my pc fault anymore, there is no way its my pc fault when I have better performance on a 2014 top graphycs released game.

P.S.: Don't ignore this thread people... All the lag its their fault not ours not our pc s( not in all casses but still) Come and complain! Only thing we can do... Also comment it feels weird to have 3 posts one after another...

Friday, July 25th 2014, 11:21am

Probably because the game you're talking about was built with newer technologies. Maybe it takes better advantage of your graphics card and your multi-core CPU (As far as I know, Allods only uses one core of a CPU, no matter how many you have).

I'm not defending the developers of Allods Online. I think they tried to add better graphics, but they did that on top of the legacy code, which (most probably) is outdated now.

Rate this thread