You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 10:54am

Mages PvP Abuse(?)

So, recently I've seen a particular mage from a certain guild, attacking players and then mounting and running away. It seems that casting certain spells doesn't put a mage in combat until they hit, by which time they are mounted and running away. Is it abuse? Or an intended game mechanic? Because it seems rather stupid to me personally...

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 11:11am

Ice comet doesn't put you in combat until it hits. I think ALL spells in the game that can be completely avoided do not put the caster in combat until they connect. Ice comet can be outrun, but a fire arrow will always connect which is why one doesn't put the caster in combat on cast and the other one does. At least I think that's how it is.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 11:17am

While we're at it, how come automove will allow you to teleport with the June Ruins but you can't normally teleport with them if in combat?

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 11:23am

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 12:40pm

rozetri

Intermediate

While we're at it, how come automove will allow you to teleport with the June Ruins but you can't normally teleport with them if in combat?

It's a bug that the devs don't care enough about to fix. It's fairly obvious what's going on, it's not actually going through any interface and simply doing its own zone change action, thus it doesn't hit the check for in-combat. The original bug with mounting post-spell is one that's considerably harder to do anything about, as Biromir mentioned you can actually dodge some spells. Unless damage is done, it'd be impossible to tell if you were throwing a Meteor at the ground or actually at a player.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 2:26pm

IAmGroot

Professional

LOL at that last response.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 2:48pm

Fear, Fire Shock, Wall of Flames, Ice grave, Ice Trap, Ice Flow. In no way will your comet be kited around and a advantage gained for the enemy.
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 2:53pm

Fear, Fire Shock, Wall of Flames, Ice grave, Ice Trap, Ice Flow. In no way will your comet be kited around and a advantage gained for the enemy.

If the mage does any of that, the discussion is no longer relevant because it will definitely put them in combat.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 3:31pm

Guza

Intermediate

The whole mage class is annoying, one shotting me with that freaking fireball >_<

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Guza" (Jul 16th 2014, 5:58pm)

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 4:10pm

Even tho i don't play the game anymore, seing this kind of post annoys me like hell because mages are just broken and broken and more broken it's the dev favorite class and seems they don't do any major changes to it, it's fun/fair to use a milisecond of icy flow on people to double comet them + fire shock and see all the time combos with +1M damage in 1 sec while they have that huge movility and ways to avoid direct damage.
It's been almost a year or two since this mage rework and the only thing they could do to them was instead of 100%-0% people was 100%-20% which was changed really fast after a couple of months

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 4:18pm

reeah19

Intermediate

LOL so it's ok to start attacking and run, whats the point of attacking then? also i agree that they are broken, way too op in pvp, i like it but its plain stupid to 1 hit someone with comet
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 4:32pm

also don't like the idea of being able to go invi, out of combat and then into the wraith >.> just kills the pvp. ( and yes ik there is astral vision pots but its still annoying)

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 6:31pm

this mechanic is perfectly fine, since you are also not in comabat as long as the meteor does not hit you if i remember correctly! some active mage please verify this for me

so basically if you see the comet incoming for example you can mount on and absorb the dmg or run away or whatever

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 7:10pm

IAmGroot

Professional

this mechanic is perfectly fine, since you are also not in comabat as long as the meteor does not hit you if i remember correctly! some active mage please verify this for me

so basically if you see the comet incoming for example you can mount on and absorb the dmg or run away or whatever

This is so ...... SO incredibly flawed.
I think the reason as to why this came up is because if you're farming a bunch of mobs and a mage throws a comet at you, mounts up, and runs away.....
How are you supposed to just "mount up and absorb the dmg or run away or whatever"?

:sleeping:

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 7:30pm

Icy comet is NOT the only spell that this is happening with. At least this one can be avoided, some others can't :D And yes be jealous of mages, you ugly people.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 7:48pm

Resha

Intermediate

You throw an attack but you're not considered in combat... completely logical...
Drood retraité !

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 11:26pm

if you're farming a bunch of mobs and a mage throws a comet at you, mounts up, and runs away.....
How are you supposed to just "mount up and absorb the dmg or run away or whatever"?

if you farm with warflag ON and get killed its your fault
always keep your eyes open, otherwise dying to a predator is the only logical consequence -> natural selection on its best

also in that case it does not matter whether the attacker can mount on and run or not since its most likely a guaranteed loss for the one that has MULTIPLE enemies now

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 1:32am

Rinoa

Beginner

I don't know why is this even a debate.

It works like this with EVERY single spell that actually has to travel. You notice it more with icy comet maybe because it's slower and has bigger visual effect.

Sure it should not be like that maybe, but it's not only mages, it's summoners (life tap, acid bolt), healers (celestial judgement, particle) and I don't know what else too, it's just how game works at the moment.

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 1:48am

rozetri

Intermediate

I don't know why is this even a debate.

It works like this with EVERY single spell that actually has to travel. You notice it more with icy comet maybe because it's slower and has bigger visual effect.

Sure it should not be like that maybe, but it's not only mages, it's summoners (life tap, acid bolt), healers (celestial judgement, particle) and I don't know what else too, it's just how game works at the moment.
I think the point OF the debate is that it shouldn't continue to be the way the game works.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 2:22am

Also with that you cant outrun a icey comet unless you use speed boost items/skills. And 90% of the time it wont last long enough
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll