You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 2:56pm

Returning player - what should I know?

I'm planning on reading through all the patch notes later, just to put that out there now. I'm just looking for serious changes I will need to jump back into the game.

I played Allods for about 4 years and stopped playing a little over a year ago. I had a 49 on the Empire (max level at the time) and a 45 on the League. This was before all the subscription servers and all those other changes, and to be honest I've missed the game. I put a lot of my life into it, made some great friends, and its been nagging at me to come back and give it another shot. Anything drastic I should know about? I know about the subscription vs free servers and I'd be willing to try a subscription depending on the cost, I probably spent more per month in Gpotatoes than it would cost to be on the subscription server (which I hear has no cash shop, and given my experience with Allods that sounds like a wonderful concept). I also know we lost PioPico to a different game, which is a damn shame. Beyond that I'm pretty clueless, and I've still got a while to wait for the download.

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 3:08pm

IAmGroot

Professional

We're not longer a part of gPotato in any way.
Subscription server is $13.70 USD/month or {furiously tries to make euro symbol}10 euro/month.
As of what I have seen recently (not verified by myself or any CMs)...apparently you can farm gold to convert into crystals to use for the subscription server on the free to play server.
Aside from that, a lot has changed if it's been 4 years, however, you saying you had a 49.......the 42 patch was like 4 years ago, so I'm not sure how true that statement is.

If you have any specific questions, since you can just search the forum because this exact same thread has been made like 25 times, you can message me.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 3:12pm

No, sorry, I left a little over a year ago. I played for a total of 4 years before that. I started playing about 4 months before the 42 patch.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 6:42pm

game has been GREATLY improved,if you are interested in payserver keep in mind that not all items are available there and its like a "light" version of allods

for info see this post:
http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…30983#post30983
so you can play

- completely for free, (normal server)
- pay for boosting or (pay on normal server)
- pay for a "carefree package" with reduced functionality(pay on payserver), or, as HCL mentioned, can
- get the "carefree package" for free but you must get a lot of gold on normal server 1st to do this (farm on normal server for payserver)

regardless of what you choose,
in general you can finish some of the boring quests instant due to marks of fate and there are new statpoints which make the game better
there is also the bloodlust stat which will allow to heal through damage minimal as ANY class, its one of these things that make leveling as scout or mage fun

endgame is also WAY better now since you can gear alone without beeing dependent on others or paying for mercenaries, but if you have a group you will have the advantage of beeing faster :P
also the whole thing with the astralship is OPTIONAL now so if you did not enjoy the ship-things you can avoid them now :)

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 6:51pm

IAmGroot

Professional

OP Asked "What should I know?"
My answer, after reading ALLODS ONLINE PLAYER'S response...

Never listen to him in regards to the free to play server.
Best advice 2014.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 6:53pm

OP Asked "What should I know?"
My answer, after reading ALLODS ONLINE PLAYER'S response...

Never listen to him in regards to the free to play server.
Best advice 2014.

please elaborate

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 7:04pm

Quoted

pay for a "carefree package" with reduced functionality(pay on payserver)

we in no way have reduced functionality lol. we have the full game just like everyone else. we just don't have cash shop "shortcuts".

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 7:07pm

IAmGroot

Professional

You continuously try to state how easy it is to level up a character and get level 5-7 runes and all the green/white/lowest tier and maybe a step above CS items. Also a mount and all the gold you could ever need to upgrade all you gear and glyphs and what not.
However, it's just not possible without taking AT LEAST 4-6 MONTHS of farming for 4-6 hours a day.
The people you talk to, for the most part, are not going to sit around for 4-6 months, farming 4-6 hours a day.
Yet you still preach to them like they will.

Stop.......just STOP telling everyone how easy it is to farm all the essentials.
It's not, it's really not.

Go level a completely new character without aiding it in ANY way.
DO NOT reveal your identity to ANY of you friends.
You must level your character and get to full blues, maybe an epic weapon, plus have all the lower tier CS items, and level 5-7 runes.
After you do this, get back to me.
Maybe I will be 40 years old by then (keep in mind I'm 24).

I want to say this isn't a personal attack, but it kind of is.
If any mod needs to delete this, feel free, but I don't think that would be a good idea to be fair to everyone else as he seems to be so helpful, however, when it comes to farming and the f2p server, he just isn't right.
Unfortunately, him reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaally stretching the truth, is not helping anyone at all.

Need more elaboration?

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 8:34pm

+1 for Hclftw
Peldrigal - Pirati Astrali - Empire

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 9:14pm

I did it ;)
for some time.
Play the game, most people will tell you its pay to win, while it is, it's not THAT pay to win.
Unless you plan on taking over all the cool allods and bring down the best guilds within the first month, you'll do fine & you will enjoy it.

Keep in mind, most of this top guilds have been around for the very least 1 year +, join them once you get the chance.
Again, free to play can be done :P

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 9:25pm

IAmGroot

Professional

How long have you been playing?
Tell me all the CS items you have.

Earring? Should be blue, but I guess technically green works, do you have this?

Trinket? Do you have at a BARE minimum a blue? Do you have the epic CS trinket?

Carnifex? Do you have a green?

Sacrament? Do you have the blue one?

Ruby Scrolls? Do you have at a BARE minimum the white? Do you have the green as well?

Mount? Do you have a mount capable of going faster than that junk from tropical atol?

Patronage 5? Do you have the capabilities to purchase temporary p5 when necessary? i.e. raiding/high level astral?

Stat Scrolls? (Offensive) Do you have at a BARE minimum the white one? Do you have the green as well?

Stat Scrolls? (Defensive) Do you have at a BARE minimum the white one? Do you have the green as well?

Mount Scrolls? Considering you probably have a slow mount, do you have at a BARE minimum the green one? Do you have the blue one as well?

Runes? Do you have at LEAST level 5-7 runes?

Elixirs/potions? Do you have the ability (reserved gold) to purchase elixirs/alch pots/heal pots/beer pots when necessary? i.e. raiding or high level astral?

Gear Upgrades? Do you have the ability (reserved gold) to upgrade your gear at will?

If you answered no to ANY one of these questions......you're lying to me and the entire community.

P.S. I'm sure I forgot some of the other necessary CS items, this was just what I could come up with while at work.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 9:27pm

I had all the cool things cause I wanted to be with the cool kids.
Playing since CB ^^

Also why would I lie? or is it so tough to understand "the game has a cash shop where you pay real money so you get boosts or cool stuff" concept?
while the free to play people (meaning I wont spend a dime here) will have to work for it.

Errr, I hope he doesnt care and this doesnt violate the forum rules but take people like Rolantz or Dugrosh for example, despite being mexicans (just kiddings) they were free to play (back when I played a lot more) and they kicked ass, in every way. And this is when the "ITS CASH SHOP!!!!!!" started.
They were competitive, and with work for example I witnessed how these 2 nubs got pat 5, for free.

Stop trying to keep people away from a game you're playing, it's weird tbh.
Seems you dont enjoy this game much hc, did you quit or are you just on a hatelove relationship with this game? 8)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ganjaremedy" (Jul 16th 2014, 9:38pm)

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 9:39pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Errr, I hope he doesnt care and this doesnt violate the forum rules but take people like Rolantz or Dugrosh for example, despite being mexicans (just kiddings) they were free to play (back when I played a lot more) and they kicked ass, in every way. And this is when the "ITS CASH SHOP!!!!!!" started.
They were competitive, and with work for example I witnessed how these 2 nubs got pat 5, for free.

Dugrosh and Rolantz had been playing back since the 42 patch. Mostly everything was very easily farmable. That is why they were able to "kick ass, in every way."

Stop trying to keep people away from a game you're playing, it's weird tbh.

Trust me, I am not trying to "keep people away." What I am doing is trying to have the players that do want to play this game understand what kind of dedication this game takes to be competitive. I don't want someone to just come try it for a month, finally get to level 60, and then realize they have to farm for 4-6 months to be competitive. Many people are willing and capable of doing this, however, some are not. I am just trying to save some people time.

Seems you dont enjoy this game much hc, did you quit or are you just on a hatelove relationship with this game? 8)

I absolutely love the game. There are many aspects (especially in the CS) that I dislike. It's an incredibly big "love/hate" relationship.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 10:04pm

Exactly my point, if you're a new comer you need dedication or money. If you have both, then you'll be golden.

I dont get why people feel that its unfair if I pay for something and be better or faster than the guy who doesnt is.. well.. unfair like I said.

And yet, this game still offers you a way to get it for free, you just need dedication.
After I quit allods i've tried a couple of games here and there and it's just amazing, games where costumes offer you stats. I mean, unbelivable (i'm sure i misspelled that).

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 10:10pm

I've got to agree with HCL on this, back when I played I was level 47 with full epic astral gear, a couple legends and 2 teals with a handful of relics, but my runes were 6/5/5 5/4/4 and as a result my DPS was mediocre at best. Astral was decent but it dropped by about 33% in GT (about 150k to 100k) and I was useless in PvP.

Runes were what drove me away in the first place and the CS-free sub server was what made me give it another chance. I spent $250 over 3 years and I was barely competitive.

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 12:32am

we in no way have reduced functionality lol. we have the full game just like everyone else. we just don't have cash shop "shortcuts".

actually it IS reduced... its like old shareware games somehow, but there will never be the option to purchase the full game :S
see the linki posted, all that is simply NOT available somehow

it's just not possible without taking AT LEAST 4-6 MONTHS of farming for 4-6 hours a day.

it took me ~ 2 months for only reaching level 51 when i begun... i begun endgame with a lootept, the tropical atoll horse and green runes
starting was hard but over time i got stronger and stronger

It's not, it's really not.

it is, if you play dedicated and economical

DO NOT reveal your identity to ANY of you friends.
You must level your character and get to full blues, maybe an epic weapon, plus have all the lower tier CS items, and level 5-7 runes.
After you do this, get back to me.
Maybe I will be 40 years old by then (keep in mind I'm 24).

it have played this game so often from 0 to 100
some reincarnations some not
ofc i did NOT buy any shopgood for the nonreincs, that would not be economical
after the marks of fate came the game it god really fluid while leveling
skipping all the markstone Q and collecting-things is great

I want to say this isn't a personal attack, but it kind of is.

i dont feel attacked in any way here

Need more elaboration?

well if a player acts calcualted there is no problem with playing free... you think that all new players cannot play calculated while i think they can

Unless you plan on taking over all the cool allods and bring down the best guilds within the first month, you'll do fine & you will enjoy it.

amen to this

How long have you been playing?
Tell me all the CS items you have.

Earring? Should be blue, but I guess technically green works, do you have this?

Trinket? Do you have at a BARE minimum a blue? Do you have the epic CS trinket?

Carnifex? Do you have a green?

Sacrament? Do you have the blue one?

Ruby Scrolls? Do you have at a BARE minimum the white? Do you have the green as well?

Mount? Do you have a mount capable of going faster than that junk from tropical atol?

Patronage 5? Do you have the capabilities to purchase temporary p5 when necessary? i.e. raiding/high level astral?

Stat Scrolls? (Offensive) Do you have at a BARE minimum the white one? Do you have the green as well?

Stat Scrolls? (Defensive) Do you have at a BARE minimum the white one? Do you have the green as well?

Mount Scrolls? Considering you probably have a slow mount, do you have at a BARE minimum the green one? Do you have the blue one as well?

Runes? Do you have at LEAST level 5-7 runes?

Elixirs/potions? Do you have the ability (reserved gold) to purchase elixirs/alch pots/heal pots/beer pots when necessary? i.e. raiding or high level astral?

Gear Upgrades? Do you have the ability (reserved gold) to upgrade your gear at will?

If you answered no to ANY one of these questions......you're lying to me and the entire community.
P.S. I'm sure I forgot some of the other necessary CS items, this was just what I could come up with while at work.

i have all of the things you mentioned here and more

actually, the only thing i do NOT have that would be somehow interesting to me is the organe fatality scroll (animations+willpower)
however its only a minor buff and more aesthitical and thus not a problem for me to wait until i have the gold to get it 8o

what kind of dedication this game takes

EVERY game beside flappy bird needs soem dedication
stateful, complex games need even more

its a good thing you tell them they need dedication (for the case they dont know already), but i think its not good you make it look like its almost impossible to rock here without any $ :|

Exactly my point, if you're a new comer you need dedication or money. If you have both, then you'll be golden.

i agree totally
and time (if thats not included in dedication)

I dont get why people feel that its unfair if I pay for something and be better or faster than the guy who doesnt is.. well.. unfair like I said.

ppl nowadays tend to call everything that kills them "unfair", its mostly the generation of casualgamers which cannot stand ANY frustration or throwbacks and ragequit if they dont permacrit the whole population after playing 5 minutes

i have learned its quite satisfying to kill this kind of players over and over again and earn their QQ just to humiliate them even more (however this applys more to shootergames and is only very little relevant to allods)

games where costumes offer you stats

there are even games where is NO currency exchange at ALL or there are items that can be bought with $ ONLY but not gold... and so on
allods > other mmo games, but thats outside of discussion anyway

I've got to agree with HCL on this, back when I played I was level 47 with full epic astral gear, a couple legends and 2 teals with a handful of relics, but my runes were 6/5/5 5/4/4 and as a result my DPS was mediocre at best. Astral was decent but it dropped by about 33% in GT (about 150k to 100k) and I was useless in PvP.

Runes were what drove me away in the first place and the CS-free sub server was what made me give it another chance. I spent $250 over 3 years and I was barely competitive.

i did not play when there was level 47 cap, thus i cannot judge this

however when i played (level 51 cap) runes ofc enlarged your dmg output but gear was always the bigger damageenhancer
runes are TOTALLY overrated

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 3:00pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Lol, you're so stubborn and logically flawed it's not even worth arguing with you.

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 11:08pm

Lol, you're so stubborn and logically flawed it's not even worth arguing with you.

it seems you are out of arguments now

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 11:25pm

that is why there is no further arguments stated

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 11:28pm

rozetri

Intermediate

We can't argue with someone too dense to understand the point we're trying to make. You cannot start this game now as a fresh level 1 with literally NOTHING to your name and reach anything CLOSE to bottom-tier competitive without spending one of two things: money or six months of nothing but pure goldfarming. As Hcl said, that's PURE goldfarming, 4-6 hours per day. And that will only get you bottom-tier. If you want to move up from there, expect another four months of the gold farm.

We are not arguing that this is not doable. We are arguing that this is the reality of the situation and that your rose-tinted glasses are blinding you to it.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky