You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 10:06pm

There is a slight diference between working for something and making it an pain in the a$$ by creating artificial time barriers to prevent someone from geting it too fast even if that person has the potential to do it.

i totally agree

and thats why allods is great... it has mastered this gap so progress is not too fast and not too slow

also the "stabilizing astralkeys" help a lot with this particular belong
i can say since i paused gearing a while ago and now im catching up and its faster than i thought

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 10:41pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Would you stay all day in front of a computer comparing text files?

If I wanted the company that I worked for to be successful, yes I would.

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 11:11pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

• "Spinecrawler" started this thread

The localisation for each language is comprised of aproximately 156 000 files. That's a lot. Whitout the script to tell them what files need to be changed, it would be impossible to correctly translate a patch. Would you stay all day in front of a computer comparing text files?

To tell You the truth I can't belive that something so simple as changeing stupid name of the mob or debuff of some boss in astral could require going through over 150k files O.o This is BS. This is total mess! Who programmed this sh*t ? >.< Are those people right in their heads? Bad, crippled game design + stupid managment decision ^ zero quality control = Allods Online. Oh lord... and thesame guys make Skyforge now -.-

Friday, July 25th 2014, 1:30am

Oh come on, man. You should pay attention - recently, all the Z actions for quests have had different text, both on the Z-key and when you perform it. It's not just "using". Then you have the bajizillion quirky buffs/debuffs on bosses that could use a stock text, like "damage increased" but don't and instead have text written for all of them. Then you have to add all the quest text, which you know as well as everyone else that it is a lot. Allods is a big game, and the number of assets for all aspects of the game - animations, models, textures, sounds, is quite large. Text is no exception.

As for your other reply - the difference between instant gratification and Allods is barriers. All barriers in games are artificial barriers. There are no natural barriers, since there are no natural parts of any game - it is all artificial, so using this word is redundant.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, July 25th 2014, 3:31am

The localisation for each language is comprised of aproximately 156 000 files. That's a lot. Whitout the script to tell them what files need to be changed, it would be impossible to correctly translate a patch. Would you stay all day in front of a computer comparing text files?

To tell You the truth I can't belive that something so simple as changeing stupid name of the mob or debuff of some boss in astral could require going through over 150k files O.o This is BS. This is total mess! Who programmed this sh*t ? >.< Are those people right in their heads? Bad, crippled game design + stupid managment decision ^ zero quality control = Allods Online. Oh lord... and thesame guys make Skyforge now -.-
While I hate to defend the allods team in their lack of comepetence, they are being serious. I once did some work with a guy who ran a private server for a different game and when he gave me the scripting for 1 damn thing it was 35,000 lines and it was a small one. The amount of coding/data in the game is pretty sickening. In past experience we found a simple out of place space is a global catastrophe for a game ><
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Friday, July 25th 2014, 7:43am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Still in any mmo I played, I didn't see a single placeholder. Actually i didn't know something like "placeholder" even existed untill Irdrich patch. So, there is something more to it than just going through 30k, 50k, 150k or whatever files. Don't know what it is but Allods clearly is lacking it that particular area.

Friday, July 25th 2014, 9:21am

Teyloune

Trainee

Readin' on Oracle's website made me allways happy, waitin' for the next patch and new cool stuff.. and now, meh, i'm very sad now.
I dont know what to say, nothin' seems right for me.
So, i guess, the only thing i can/want to say is;
"Thanks Oracle, for all your hard work and .. please don't do anything stupid, like jumping from bridges, that's bad, very bad."
I know, im not good with words in times like this.

Friday, July 25th 2014, 11:06am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

i totally agree

and thats why allods is great... it has mastered this gap so progress is not too fast and not too slow

also the "stabilizing astralkeys" help a lot with this particular belong
i can say since i paused gearing a while ago and now im catching up and its faster than i thought

Yes and no. As for stuff that actually matters, that make Your character stronger and OP, like gearing up, yes it is kinda acceptable solution. On the other hand for things that make playing more comfortable and overall game experience more appealing to players that don't make any significant diference in dps, def or heal like greatness (dual spec) or private allod (creating maze for other players to have fun with) i must say NO and even i will put my Spinecrawler-certified stamp of retardness on it ;)

Friday, July 25th 2014, 2:03pm

Autopsyst

Trainee

Quoted

The localisation for each language is comprised of aproximately 156 000 files.

daily quest for killing mobs in KoE is now "placeholder". for like, a month? and you will tell me that a linked structural xml files have more than 2-3 references to this? cmon, its not even funny. cant press CTRL+F ?
I don't like you, you don't like me
Its not likely that we'll ever be friends
Why pretend?

They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Friday, July 25th 2014, 2:37pm

I really liked this website.

I don't know the autor, but I do know it's a shame we are loosing her.

Take care and good luck.

Friday, July 25th 2014, 7:46pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

damn i should enjoy my vacation but i felt a need to write this..

Thanks for your time i really liked the threads when 5.0 was coming out and it made me even more excited than before..but same as many ppl i was disapointed by the merge and patch cause i was finally hoping for a change to the game..didnt happen. This game is doomed to die and nothing will help unless they relaunch it by some bigger publisher that knows how to manage mmo without disasterous results in many aspects but that wont happen anyways cause of mail.ru being the devs. I myself quit the game after 3 years few months ago by the reasons i already mentioned since i thought the game definetly has no future now after all possible merges and also 5.0 ruined my gaming experience by much higher time sink on playing pure f2p on highest possible end game lvl which i did for few years..believe me I completely LOVED Allods i even spent hours and hours a day editing my videos on youtube ( i hope someone actually watched them) and trying to perfect up my knowledge in all game ascpects but it had to end, now i found another game which i can enjoy completely free without any stress of not being able to buy new cs item that would put me to another gap between high end ppl.

I wish you good luck in rl stay strong! :)
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Rate this thread