You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 3:31pm

5.02 and the future of the game.

I've been missing from the game for the past couple of weeks, because I've been playing on RU with a friend I met here and we decided to move there. I made a bunch of worrying observations that have to be shared.

First of all - I have to show off - less than 4 days of /played time on a spanking new account and I have Tep's Pyramid cleared.

Now, on to the worrying observations. Currency exchange there is 300:1. This translates to around 100-120:1 here.

The problem is that currently, the price is kept lower because of upgrade costs and people who are too lazy to farm the gold for upgrades just buy it, but around the time 5.02 lands, and people start getting their mythic gear, the gold sunk in upgrades will be much lower, especially from the people who buy gold - they will be doing fewer upgrades and thus - sinking less gold, but making more gold through simply being more powerful. There will be huge inflation.

I've said it multiple times that gold is too available currently, and that upgrade costs that everyone is complaining about are what keeps the exchange at an acceptable level. What 5.01 did was to solve the problem of gold being only available to strong players - with the new Tka-Rik, KoE, the bonus from skirmishes. 5.0 did good by adding amalgam to WH and gold to AoD, but 5.01 really made gold too available, and this will backfire in the near future, when the main gold sink will start to shrink.

Population can help offset that - because in battlegrounds we have people of all gearscores queuing, which makes them fun even for me. But that is RU - there are constantly people leveling up there, getting to 60 with lvl 2 runes. Here population is an issue, and the devs have to think of something to make the game more attractive to new players, and to prevent the currency exchange ratio from going to 100+. With the current state of the game here, it will be impossible for new players to enjoy their lvl 60 experience.

However, not all is sad - My.com is getting a lot of attention for Skyforge, and if they put Allods somewhere proudly displayed on their site right now, the game will be getting attention and new players.

Every patch RU releases, there are gifts for old and new players. When I made my account, I had a bunch of replicators, potions, stabilizers and one... absolutely amazing item for new players. It's not in the itemshop, it is only a gift - double exp and rep for 7 days of /played time. It doesn't expire while offline and is not active if there is a lucky moment with double exp going on. This item was amazing. I remember the gifts from 5.01 - they were great for fresh lvl 60s, it helped them reach epic gear very fast. The 5.0 gifts were also great, but this time they did something for NEW players specifically. My.com can give away these gifts as well. Players love gifts, and they are something that is done every single patch in RU and has never been done in the western versions.

Anyway - prepare for inflation once the gearing slows down.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 3:45pm

Quoted

Now, on to the worrying observations. Currency exchange there is 300:1. This translates to around 100-120:1 here.
The currency is about that price since 5.0, it is not a consequence of patch 5.0.02

In 4.0 version the currency exchange was 130po/u in Russia but in Europe 25po/u
Lysonia - Requiem, guilde Française - Empire (Evolution)

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 4:10pm

I played there when 5.0 came out for about a month, the currency exchange was between 130 and 150 for a while. Now it is 300:1. 5.01 did bring some inflation, but now it is... 1 cc is 75g.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 4:39pm

It is also worth mentioning that Amalgam Concentrate price there is about double what it's here. With the exchange being four times that but CS prices being significantly smaller in crystal quantity, it's no big deal.

For a full free2play player, pretty much all boils down to this:

Exchange rate goes up + Amalgam Concentrate price goes up = no big deal
Exchange rate goes down + Amalgam Concentrate price goes down = no big deal
Exchange rate goes down + Amalgam Concentrate price goes up = hell yeah, awesome
Exchange rate goes up + Amalgam Concentrate price goes down = omg, QQ, game unplayable anymore

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Aug 13th 2014, 4:44pm)

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 4:53pm

It is not big deal if you have players to support it. I'm a fresh lvl 60 and I can find parties in Wellebell. I can go to battlegrounds and have people equal to me on the opposite team. RU gets a flow of new players all the time. Top guilds require full lvl 4s to recruit a player. It is very different, and quite accommodating to new players. The fear I have is that it won't be the same here, and the inflation will happen. The demand for amalgam will also drop significantly here, due to the lack of new players to use it up. RU does have much greater demand for amalgam concentrate because of the population.

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 5:25pm

Quoted

I played there when 5.0 came out for about a month, the currency exchange was between 130 and 150 for a while. Now it is 300:1. 5.01 did bring some inflation, but now it is... 1 cc is 75g.
After one month in new update the new economy not install, after 3 month in 5.0, the exchange stabilized at 300po/u

gold production x2 = exchange x2 ... it's logical.

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 5:34pm

Since when has economics been logical?

Inflation is annoyingly non-linear.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 5:43pm

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 6:20pm

If the offer does not move (the cashop) as demand increases by 2 (wealth server) for the same number of gold it will be 2 times less currency

in this case it generally gets 2 times more gold than 4.0, and people spending more or less as £ , $ or €

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 6:57pm

If the offer does not move (the cashop) as demand increases by 2 (wealth server) for the same number of gold it will be 2 times less currency

in this case it generally gets 2 times more gold than 4.0, and people spending more or less as £ , $ or €

But people will alter the prices for Boutique items in the Auction House, and the cost of Mirra will stay the same.
Upgrade costs increase as average gear increases, and Amalgam prices will fluctuate too.

There are many economic standards in the real world for a reason, trying to rationalise an ingame economy to just one metric is pretty flawed.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 8:04pm

i think there is a coincidence between the exchange rate and the amount of ppl playing / new players...

also, there are still noe enough goldsinks

and making gold THIS easy gainable does not help too

it rather floods the exchange by almost everyone....

some time ago exchange gold for crystals was reserved to hardcore farmers in general, simply because causual players did not earn enough money for exchanging in useful ways
so you rather farmed hardcore or you used real $

then, level 60 patch made gold like sand (rabbits farming, BG emblems etc)
and now, 5.1 more or less gifts every casual player with ~ 5000 gold / day

and of course, a new player will exchange for crystals in order to get shop-items

.... but hey... if ppl get their gold easy many of them give it out easy as well, even for things on AH, which favors me... so i am not complaining ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Aug 13th 2014, 8:32pm)

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 10:30pm

I don't know if I can make it clearer, but I'll try. I have said before that currently, crystals are cheaper than they were in the 4x cycle - sure they cost more, but players make much more gold and that makes them more affordable. This will not be the case once the gear race starts reaching its end, and it will become much more expensive for new players.

It needs to be mentioned that when 5.0 was out in RU and I saw their exchange rate, I was alarmed initially, but I did some calculations and calmed down, knowing it will be reasonable. Now it is unreasonably high, and the redeeming factor is the population - that I can easily find people in the same rune range as me - very low, just starter runes. Top guilds require lvl 4s or 5s to recruit, not 7s like it is here.

And as far as I know, 5.02 did not make gold more available. Well, JC now rewards signs of victory, but the weekly cap is still 65.

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 11:04pm

reeah19

Intermediate

usually when exchange price goes up - amalgam prices go up too, tho now getting amal from skirmishes is more than enough for casual gearing players.

Making gold in this patch is easy but costs are also high, still i have like 2-3k leftover gold everyday after upgrading.
Personally i belive that asking for very high runes is what kills the fun, i bet some have no clue how long it takes to farm a 6 lvl 7 runes, that's at least 1 year for a casual/normal player. Only issue is that some of the "friendly,helpfull,active, we do astral,raiding guilds" make some ppl just quit when they hear what they require to join em, then complain when there's not enough ppl to do some of the activities.

Getting top tier items is pretty much impossible now for a free player, for example hull module went from 100k to over 1mil last time i saw one in AH.

After all is ok that we have coin exchanger and we can get everything by spending time, even if it takes more, also for those who don't have time and want to spend money is giving benefits, is not impossible like in other games.

I can't wait for 5.0.2 so i can slack more and advance easier with gear, can't wait to see new summy skills :).
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden