You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 9th 2014, 9:38am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

If you want to discuss this further, you can use PM's.
Done

Saturday, August 9th 2014, 9:57am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

This thred is going to my troll 10 fauvorites. Oh Yea!

Saturday, August 9th 2014, 10:41pm

This thred is going to my troll 10 fauvorites. Oh Yea!

This thread is too strong already.

Sunday, August 10th 2014, 2:42pm

My Pictures

Since i always tought that soap bubbles look like the holy shild, i found some sick pictures of cute children inside soap bubbles, and come on guys, its just tooo cute, 1 child is trying to acchiev the holy bubble ( this guy gonna be a sick healer in the near future :D), and jeah the other ones speak for itselfes, enjoy ^^

come on it just reminds me of allods :D

Sunday, August 10th 2014, 6:40pm

Artuditu

Trainee

WOW these youngsters will be OP healers in the future :D I think they only need to work on their shields' integrity - they seem rather irregular in shape :P

Sunday, August 10th 2014, 10:19pm

There is a separate thread for discussion and submission for a reason..because it can be hard enough to judge the entries with out wading through countless "discussion" or trolling posts.

I could have chosen to delete those posts outright, instead I moved them here so you can still have your fun / subtle trolling that a few decided to do with out spoiling the contest.

As for complaints / disagreeing with a decision to move a post (or any other Moderator decisions), you all know full well that you either PM the person involved and politely state why you think it was wrong to move it, complain to their superior, or complain to the allods@corp.my.com email.
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Monday, August 11th 2014, 11:20pm

BandicootCn

Professional

haha pas mal !
on sait ou passe les arisen tout casser mtn !

moved from submission thread
-Wraith
▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬
youtube.com/user/crashbandicootcn/videos
facebook.com/BandicootCn

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wraith02" (Aug 12th 2014, 12:43am)

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 6:21pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

"Take a photo of real life places or objects that remind you of Allods"

That's the part that keeps confusing me in this competition... like 3 or 4 entries actually fill that requirement. All other entries have photos taken from the internet. I understood that the rule meant you had to actually take the photo yourself! Technically that would mean that most are disqualified.

Well, that's only my opinion... just pointing out that the competition is unfair to those few that actually has taken their pictures, if those that just googled theirs are allowed to participate.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 7:18pm

so if you do not have a camera you cannot participate...?

also, what about if you take a photo of a photo on the web? (photograph your screen)

also, how do you make sure that the photos are DEFINITELY from the uploader? there many photos on the internet which look like typical selfmade photos but are not, and no, you cannot find all of them with google reverse image search...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Aug 13th 2014, 7:36pm)

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 7:28pm

Vickie Lynn

Intermediate

It's funny to see that complain. But may I remember you the swimuit contest? People had to do a swimsuit for female AND male version. From what we could see on results (which I clearly don't contest), 2 of 3 winners had NO male version. Was it also fair toward people who didn't win, whereas they had done both version?
I prefer to be bad in game rather than being a trash in real life

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 7:35pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

It's a photo contest... if you can't take a photo, then you shouldn't participate in my opinion.

Quoted

People had to do a swimsuit for female AND male version.
That's actually incorrect. Below is what was said about that matter...

Wraith02

Quoted

As for the Male / Female thing, you don't have to submit both, but (at least for first prize) there will be separate winners for both Male and Female costumes.

So it wasn't necessary to design both but they would choose a winner for both, if the chosen winner didn't have both available and since only 1st prize is being made as an actual outfit it doesn't matter who and what came as second and third and those entries were still fully under rules.

As for cheating, it's just plain immature behavior, which is why I rarely participate in any contests because there's always people cheating and bending the rules given.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gwiniel" (Aug 13th 2014, 7:52pm)

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 7:37pm

It's a photo contest... if you can't take a photo, then you shouldn't participate in my opinion.

most of the images are photos...
and in my opinion it does not matter who has taken them
(you cannot say for sure anyway)

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 7:38pm

You can cheat though. If you dig up some really hard to find picture and wipe out the metadata, there's no way they can tell.

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 7:43pm

You can cheat though. If you dig up some really hard to find picture and wipe out the metadata, there's no way they can tell.

exactly
and thats why this is ridiculous now

also, what if i "ask a friend" to take a photo for me?
what if my friend is randomly someone who has made a specific photo on the internet?

what if i made a photo of some monument or whatever, my photo is bad quality, and i took one from the internet because its better quality?
what if i take my OWN photo from the internet? (because i uploaded it some time ago anonymously)
how do you verify the creator of the image?

and so on...

it would be really sad if everyone who has made the effort gets disqualified just because the picture was not taken by pressing the own finger on the camera...

solution would be to make a "timestamp" on photos which are saying something like "for allods contest" but even this is possible to fake with little knowledge
... ok i think the point is clear...

one last thing:

if i press printscreen on my keyboard its also a photo taken, in real life....
it is even taken from ME then!
so if i printscreen an image from the internet, its valid technically

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Aug 13th 2014, 7:53pm)

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 9:09pm

Hello,

so if i printscreen an image from the internet, its valid technically

No. "Technically", no it's not a photography.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photography

In the past, there were some video contests (both ingame or real-life, i'll always remember the "dancing contest" that NA and Piopico did), draw contests, writing contest, song contest, screenshot contests, very artistic contests or more reachable for anyone.
If you can't participate to this one because you don't have any camera, you will participate to the next one.

This is really nit-picking to disagree to basic rules of a photo contest ;).
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Thursday, August 14th 2014, 12:10am

No. "Technically", no it's not a photography.

ok then, lets assume its not, what about taking a photo with a camera from a screen?
photo contest

most of the pictures i used ARE photos, taken with a camera
some are drawed

[ ] are my entires valid?
[ ] is even one of my entries valid?
[ ] or all invalid?

Thursday, August 14th 2014, 1:47am

Hello,

When, for a photo contest, you read "take a photography" it means, "use your camera device (any camera device, even a pinhole) to make your own photography of something".
I'm pretty sure that's what CMs meant when they decided this Allods contest's rules.
That's really a common rule on any photo contest, unless it's specified that you can submit other's photography :).

So, if you haven't taken photographies you have posted, then your entries are most probably not valid.

But you are obviously not the only one to misread the rules, as i can see from the submission thread.
Maybe you guys are not familiar with photo contest ;).

Someone will surely clarify those rules tomorrow.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Thursday, August 14th 2014, 8:56pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 6:11pm

Someone will surely clarify those rules tomorrow.

3 days later we are still waiting

Monday, August 18th 2014, 2:59pm

Fayne

German Community Manager

Dear players,

Only photos of original content will be considered for the contest. By original we mean those photos that have not been modified in any way.

Cheers,
The CM team
Viele Grüße,
Fayne
Deutsche Allods Community Managerin

Rate this thread