You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 7:56am

Did astral get a crap ton harder?

So i been solo running s14 with mercs for a long time and tonight i went with a few appropriately geared people and mercs and everything was getting one shot. did something happen? seems waaaaay harder than it should be this include animality and rhaps etc etc
Nomnomnom

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Cerealkiller" (Aug 16th 2014, 8:04am)

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 8:13am

Out of curiosity, what allod were you running and what debuffs did your party get?

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 9:11am

TBH they were tough ones stat increase health increase and damage increase but rowdy was gettin demolished never seen anything like it
just seemed really really tough compared to previous
Nomnomnom

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 9:51am

Alafff

Intermediate

if i dont fool myself , 14 is the last sector of blue zone , so Red zone etc etc?. Do red zone really go easy with mercs? Otherwise perhaps there was two damage buff combined into one (You know 40 +40 = 80%)
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 6:26pm

yea maybe that was it. cause man everything was getting one shot. couldnt get past the first pull without major issues. just seemed harder than s21 which i ran an hour before.
Nomnomnom

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 1:02am

reeah19

Intermediate

6/7,13/14 are too op fpr mercs even with animality, sometimes even 12 is pretty bad with animality
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 6:29pm

off topic, isnt exchanging loot for refractors more efficient?
- you save merc-costs
- you save bestiality potion-costs
- you save time by skipping the ship-bs / or save gold from TP charge (whichs does not always work)
- there is no chance you lose the astralkey by failing since you can try as often as needed without limit at wild shore

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 7:31pm

off topic, isnt exchanging loot for refractors more efficient?
- you save merc-costs
- you save bestiality potion-costs
- you save time by skipping the ship-bs / or save gold from TP charge (whichs does not always work)
- there is no chance you lose the astralkey by failing since you can try as often as needed without limit at wild shore

I'd very much like to see actual numbers of Astral Stabilizations gained for doing astral vs. exchanging keys for loot, with both done at maximum achievable efficiency. If anyone has data, please share.

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 8:56pm

speaking from experience, its not worth it turning in refractors and key for loot.

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 10:17pm

Guza

Intermediate

Astral gives more loot.

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 11:57pm

sure?

i rather think it depends on the quality of refactors you use, because there are differences that are over 500 loot, so almost one piece of gear

after looking at the values i saw:
1200-2400

Source code

4 F HB  20% -> 1200
4 F HB  30% -> 1500
4   HB  50% -> 1600
4 F HB  50% -> 1800
4   HB  75% -> 2000
4   HB 100% -> 2400

so the best gives 3,9 chests / astralkey, but inside the chests there are often more than 1 item

this goes for forlorn thicket btw... so if you use high quality refractors i guess its better gain than shipwise
if you use medium its equal
if you use low quality refractors its worse than shipwise

true? false? i dont know, need input here

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Aug 18th 2014, 12:02am)

Monday, August 18th 2014, 12:34am

reeah19

Intermediate

best is if u use leggy 200%, get any leggy and use the cs thing to make em 200% (3600 loot), is cheaper and faster, tho pts are hard to find

also usually items in those chests match 2 types of gear so the chance of getting what you need is higher, but boxes from astral give more stabilizations than buyable ones.

atm i dislike astral cuz it takes very long and sometimes you use 2-3 keys and dont even get 1 usefull drop :|
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Monday, August 18th 2014, 7:30am

Monday, August 18th 2014, 3:35pm

I am happy I am not the only one who caught that Adversary.

The only time it is worth doing the boxes over astral runs is if you are using Al Rihat legend refrectors at 200%.

If you do not have epic sectors open, the boxes will give you 3 retention + 24 retention for each key.

If you have epic layers open you get 12 retention per key + 2 retention per box you open.

There is sometimes it gets alittle strange and it will also give you 1 retention per upgrader used. I am not sure how this comes to play or if it is another one of allods many many many many many many many bugs.

Legend on epics = double % + significantly higher double upgrade.

For anyone who is behind on gear, if you got a couple friends, Al Rihat is by far the way to go for gearing.

turning in 8 keys with 200% refractors yeilds 55 boxes(give or take 1 or 2) and will end result yield 151 retention level
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Tuesday, August 19th 2014, 4:11pm

Quoted

There is sometimes it gets alittle strange and it will also give you 1 retention per upgrader used. I am not sure how this comes to play or if it is another one of allods many many many many many many many bugs.

maybe u used 100 realgar grains?^^ cause it gets you a retention too

Tuesday, August 19th 2014, 9:02pm

I am very well aware of how realgar works
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll